Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

View Poll Results: Are we letting kids grow up too fast?
yes 60 67.42%
no 16 17.98%
i hate kids.. i'm glad i never was one! 13 14.61%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-10-2005, 02:29 AM   #76
drgnlvr

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuicideJade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina
Quote:
i just think that those who are showing skin needn't be jailbait..
I'm jailbait does that mean I can't show my cleavage?
i mean i don't like this showing evrything you have on your whole body at once.. i don't like that on adults either

if i'm showing cleavage that's my emphasis for the day.. if i'm showing leg i gover up the girls..
having a little mystery is not evil...

i don't really know if i'm getting what i'm trying to say out right..

>_<
In other words...you're not showcasing all your wares at once.

And I have to agree. Show off your assets, but not -ALL- your assets. At once.

No one wants to see a movie after they know what all the spoilers are. No one wants to read a book that's predictcable.

You gotta save something for that awesome surprise ending.

And GAWD those were some of the corniest similies I've ever come up with.

Just kill me now, and put me out of your misery! :lol:
Old 03-10-2005, 05:23 AM   #77
skoteinh

Quote:
Originally Posted by drgnlvr
There is a chain in some of the malls that's like "Glamour Shots" but for little prebubescent girls.
What in the *FUCK* are these people thinking?! And just what the *FUCK* are the parents thinking, when they take their kids there?!

Jeeze! It's a fucking flea market for **********, these days! :cry:
I couldn't agree more...

a friend just sent me pics from the miss world junior competition:

I find it disgusting that a parent would consent to that. It's sick
Old 03-10-2005, 02:56 PM   #78
Solumina

They don't even look real, they look like barbies :shock:
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 03:37 PM   #79
winged_dreams

Kids aren't supposed to look like barbies!! Kid should be wearing colorful clothes. Fun silly dresses. Just normal kids clothes. Not dressing like women!! GAWR!!!!

MrMaelstrom: Er... are you lactating?

Elite "No Clue What the Number Is"
winged_dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 12:01 AM   #80
SuicideJade

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoteinh
Quote:
There is a chain in some of the malls that's like "Glamour Shots" but for little prebubescent girls.
What in the *FUCK* are these people thinking?! And just what the *FUCK* are the parents thinking, when they take their kids there?!

Jeeze! It's a fucking flea market for **********, these days! :cry:
I couldn't agree more...

a friend just sent me pics from the miss world junior competition:

I find it disgusting that a parent would consent to that. It's sick

THIS IS WRONG!!!! WRONG!!!!!!!

AND THESE FUCKING STAGE PARENTS PUSH THEIR KIDS TO THIS!!!

those are BABIES!! they should be worried about play-doh.. not posture and poise!!

I don't own that much makeup....

these 4 and 5 year olds shake their asses like pros...

this is disgusting!!

and people wonder why we have fucking child molesters!!!!

and they do this to boys too...

*GRRRRRRR!!*

stage parents should all be locked in Daz's little room... or Ravena's dark hole...

*goes off to take some headache medicine* :x
Old 03-11-2005, 04:42 AM   #81
pitseleh

SuicideJade, I don't think the reason there are child molesters is kids are dressed provocatively. That's lending credibility to a rapist saying something like: "She was asking for it with that short skirt!" I'm sure you didn't mean it like that, though. You were angry and that's totally understandable.

Parents who make their kids dress like that, compete in pageants and whatnot, are in a sense child molesters themselves. They have no clue how to raise a healthy child, so they treat them like dolls to be dressed up and paraded, to feed their own damaged egos or something. Those parents must have serious issues and a totally warped image of success and beauty, which they then pass along to their children. Absolutely horrid. Hope those barbies manage to escape from the destructive influence of their parents, and grow up to be alright.
pitseleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2005, 08:25 AM   #82
SuicideJade

i'm most definitely not saying they were asking for it.. nobody asks for that kind of stuff to happen..
i meant that it's been made so much more accessible by shit like that..
these crackheads dress their kids up like little art pieces and have tham dancing around for everybody to see..
these pageants are everywhere... they're watched by **********.. they attract stalkers.. it's like spreading the kids with honey and sitting them in an ant bed.... :x

this makes me so sick..

:evil:

*ps* thank you Pitseleh... i'm incoherent swhen angry*
Old 03-11-2005, 09:12 AM   #83
Panther

Location: The middle of nowhere, on the outskirts of the boonies.
It's shameful the way some kids are dressed.

But the thing is, occasionally, more than occasionally, really, they're not forced into these clothes, pageant children aside.

LIke children's jeans that say 'ho'* in elaborat embroidery down the leg, and around hte zipper with a fly with no more than three teeth. Pageant motehrs aren't buying jeans. Mothers are buying them because their little girl wants to wear them.

Little boys have a tendency toward wanting to mimic more violent, but no less adult themes, but there aren't young boy's shirts with types of guns, or knives on them. Little boys have to settle for predatory animals, because no one wants to see a oug child manifesting that sort of adult behavior.

And yet some major clothing company makes, markets, and sells billions of embroidered hip hugging pants for eight year olds with 'ho' or similarly demeaning words on them.

But in the end, boys grow into men like the ones we have, and girls grow into women like we have now. Men are violent, especially younger ones, who're just starting to manifest (too much x-men fan fiction) their physical strength, adn want to show it off. Young girls are promiscuous, or give the appeareance there of for much the same reason.

*ho may not be hte exact word used, I saw this a while ago, but it was defintily soemthing on those lines.
Will we stroll dreaming of the lost America of love
past blue automobiles in driveways, home to our silent
cottage?
-Allen Ginsberg, A Supermarket in California
Panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 12:30 PM   #84
Jane13

I guess that's why I'm afraid of most of my class (highschool freshman) and my school... most of the guys are really horney and belligerant, and the girls are not much better. That's why I like my group of friends.. at least they're respectful. I'm the kind of person that still reads fairytales. And OH MY GOD! I thought those girls were dolls, too! SCARY!
"There's straw in his brains and his clothing is stained with mice and small newts and the perfectly maimed. Don't look under his hood in the place where he stood or you'll find yourself running from the rook in the wood."
-Cinema Strange
Jane13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 12:52 PM   #85
drgnlvr

I know that alot of parents buy those clothes for their kids because the kids want them.

But still, what messages are we sending to our children when we do that?

HELLO?! You're 8 years old! You -HAVE- no fashion sense yet, I am NOT letting your wear that trash!

Pit, I agree that our children dressing like that is not "asking" for it. And I certainly cannot blame the child for this. At that age, the parents supposed to make the decisions. And allowing our children to be sexualized like that only encourages these monsters. :cry:

Whatever happened to letting children be children?
Old 03-17-2005, 09:32 AM   #86
Panther

Your guess is as good as mine.
cottage?
Old 03-18-2005, 01:00 AM   #87
pitseleh

Quote:
Whatever happened to letting children be children?
Rampant consumerism and target marketing is what happened. That's my guess anyway. But ultimately it is the parents' responsibility to resist the capitalist onslaught, and boycott retailers such as Abercrombie & Fitch who sell these items.
pitseleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 10:17 AM   #88
Jane13

Yeah, it's absolutely rediculous- they even target babies (Baby Gap, anyone?)! Designer clothes for babies... :roll:
"There's straw in his brains and his clothing is stained with mice and small newts and the perfectly maimed. Don't look under his hood in the place where he stood or you'll find yourself running from the rook in the wood."
-Cinema Strange
Jane13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 08:35 PM   #89
ohthefuckwell

i've avoided this topic because it's one that pisses me off to no end, but we were at the mall today and something happened that brought this thread to mind.

my daughter is 10 and growing like a weed. she's already almost as tall as i am. she has a very long torso and even longer legs. any shirt she wears has to pass the belly test: if she raises both arms above her head and the bottom of the shirt she's wearing comes above the waistline of her jeans, the shirt goes. finding her shorts that come to at least mid-thigh is hell these days.

anyway, so we were shopping, and we went in to this one store. i looked up and saw this really cute black halter dress and i thought, "oh, hey....i LIKE that!" i had forgotten for a split-second we were in A KIDS' STORE!! i said, "i'm sorry, but a KIDS' store should NOT be selling clothes that i would like to wear myself." this is not to say i want to dress "younger" than i am, but they damned sure shouldn't be selling things that a 29-year-old would want. i looked at the size. it was a 10. MY DAUGHTER wears a 10/12. suddenly, that really cute dress made me very ill. who the fuck lets their 10-year-old daughter wear a halter dress??

later, we passed by old navy and they had huge billboards up hawking their new bermuda shorts. i said, "i never would have thought i'd be thankful to see bermuda shorts popular again...." my dughter asked what i meant and i told her that i was glad that there was a possibility that i could find shorts for her again that have a crotch wider than 3 inches. she looked at me funny and asked me again what i meant. i said, "because....that means they are ENTIRELY too short. why do you think i usually buy you boys' shorts??" she said, "ohhhhhhh. i get it."

parents say things like, "but that's what they like!" or "that's what they want!" tough titty! YOU'RE the one buying the clothes! YOU'RE the one who has the power to say, "no!! you're NOT going to dress like you should have your own corner!" or they say, "but that's ALL i can find. that's all that's out there." 'scuse me? my daughter doesn't dress like a hoochie in training. if i can find decent clothes suitable for a little girl, anyone can.
Old 03-21-2005, 11:29 AM   #90
WolfMoon

Draggy, I believe that lil hoochie-in-training store is called either Lulu's or Libby's?I get people all the time dropping off rolls of film that they've taken of their daughters or grand-daughters after they get all dressed up with their hair & make-up done and their trashy outfits on.

What kind of sicko thinks their child looks 'cute' in that shit?I agree that in alot of cases the parents are as sick as any pedophile watching these stores/fashion shows.Jean-Bennet Ramsey, anyone?

My children will wear whatever the hell I tell them to.I will not buy thong undies for a ten year old, or clothing for my son that encourages violent behavior.
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2005, 11:43 PM   #91
Elbryan

Toe Rings

I see that the Jewlery thread is locked. so I decicded to post here. What do you think of Toe rings. On girls and guys.
Elbryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2005, 12:42 AM   #92
SuicideJade

Re: Toe Rings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elbryan
I see that the Jewlery thread is locked. so I decicded to post here. What do you think of Toe rings. On girls and guys.
this is why you create a new topic.. not threadjack... :roll:
Old 03-27-2005, 12:56 AM   #93
Elbryan

Jack the Pickle head.

LOL! Jack. As in Jack the Pickle head? LOL!!
Elbryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2005, 01:05 AM   #94
SuicideJade

Re: Jack the Pickle head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elbryan
LOL! Jack. As in Jack the Pickle head? LOL!!
wha??? :shock:
Old 03-27-2005, 08:30 PM   #95
winged_dreams

I'm afraid I must go "What?" too. :shock:

MrMaelstrom: Er... are you lactating?

Elite "No Clue What the Number Is"
winged_dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2005, 08:39 PM   #96
DreamsInBlack

My 12 year old cousin is always raiding my closet when she comes to visit and pulling out the shortest things I own. She's been mad at me more than once when I told her that these things were innapproriate for her to wear.
I'm only 20 and I was not allowed to wear short or revealing clothes until I was 16. My family isn't intensely religious or anything, that was just the rule in my house.
DreamsInBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2005, 08:54 PM   #97
Corpus_Draconis

*sigh* yay for prostitots.

I see kids wearing tube tops who have less of a chest than I do. And that's saying something.
Without an honest heart
as compass

--Nightwish.
Corpus_Draconis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2005, 09:19 PM   #98
Panther

I saw a group of girls at the mall the other day who could not have reached an average age of above 13.

They were dressed up, and had on make up.

And they were alone.

It was fairly late at night.

The question that I ponder over again and agian is, 'where the bloody hell are their parents?'

These little girsl were scaed of a large gorup of upper teenage girls (me and my friends), to the point of abandonding their food and leaving when we got too noisy (discussing the mass murder of prostitutes in Sin City might not have put them at ease, either). What in the world are parents thinking letting kids walk around unsupervised in a place where their kids can be scared by a harmless group of girls? What the hell would those girls have done if we'd have been actual threats to them? WHERE WERE THEIR PARENTS?
cottage?
Old 05-23-2005, 04:42 AM   #99
Soul_Immortal

Their parents were either or thought they:

Sipping mai-tai's and being glad to have a night without the pecker heads

OR

The parents were under the impression they were doing something else.

OR

They all know Drunken Boxing and Brazillian Ju-Jitsu, which is why they had on the makeup...warpaint! And their parents thought the little kung-fu-fighters would be ok by themselves.

OR

The list goes on and on.

I have two daughters, both under the age of 3. If they were teenagers and given that situation, as their mom I would AT LEAST drive them to and from the mall, letting them blast Britney Spears or *shudder* whatever while driving on the way there, doing some of my own shopping while I was there, but staying close by. Teenagers want their "friend" time so they would get it. She would have a cell phone just for emergencies once she is old enough. I know, the rules will change in a decade or more, and hopefully we will live in a society that will not need an Amber alert(doubtful).

Parents need to keep an eye on their kids more...if they did, certain things wouldn't happen. I mean young kids. Older kids need to be taught and shown right from wrong.

*climbs off of soapbox*

*Soul*
Old 05-23-2005, 11:00 AM   #100
Solumina

I was at a lacrosse game a few days ago, maybe more I don’t really remember when it was, and there was this group of girls that looked like they were all about 12. Every single one of them was wearing a skirt that barely covered their asses, shirts so low cut that you could almost see their nipples, stilettos they could hardly walk in, and about as much makeup as I wore to prom. What the hell is wrong with people?
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote