Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 03-26-2006, 10:55 AM   #51
succubus,queenofvampires

Quote:
Originally Posted by gruel
(Furrywhaa? um,anywho...)
Let me explain it to you really slow,so you can understand:"Emo" is a fad.
In case you missed it the first time:"Emo" is a fad.All music is emotional.
"Emo" is a fad.
Get it now?

Who are you?

And I actually think that darkangel has a point.All songs are emotional;therefore, they should calll it something other than emo.
succubus,queenofvampires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 11:08 AM   #52
Ben Lahnger

Well, to anyone who is a fan of "Emotional Hardcore" music, I apologize for my earlier question about the Boomtown Rats song. It does detail the true story of a teenage girl who went on a shooting spree at her school because "I Don't Like Mondays". Asking that question was reinforcing the EMO stereotypes everywhere, and I'm sorry for that.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 02:35 PM   #53
corporalaccident

That emo song has to be one of my most favorite things ever. The site is so hilarious! Loves it.
corporalaccident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 03:39 PM   #54
gruel

Stereotypes concerning "Emo" more often then not are usually true.

One of the trademarks an "Emo" does is the over-analyzing of every situation for its emotional effect on themselves(Always negative),even if the event has happened to them recently or not. That's why you hear about guys crying over some Fourth-Grade girlfriend,or getting picked last in Gym class.

Did you ever stop and wonder why this fad revolves expressly around nothing but negativity? Isn't living life hard enough as it is,without resorting to digging up every single negative event that's happened to you. Or in most cases,"Inventing" drama and sadness to somehow appear more "interesting" and "sensitive".An "Emo" will take every situation(rejection,bad luck..etc) as a personal insult to their feelings,and then explain how the whole world is stacked against them.

So what it boils down to is this:You have a generation of well-off suburban white kids complaining about how miserable and hard their life is.So they have no other choice then to revolt against the oppressive system by spending all of their parents money on pre-selected band CDs that have been deemed "Emo" enough,purchasing only"Emo"approved clothing,and attending "Emo"-friendly concerts.

It also shows you how desperately kids want to fit in and be accepted in a certain circle,and "Emo" gives them a place not only to belong;but allows them to over-amplify their normal teen angst.And of course,membership requires certain pre-approved(And often stereotypical) items that identify that person as belonging to this group they have pledged their allegiance to.
gruel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 05:25 PM   #55
Disfunction

Let's just make a simple comment right now. What is commonly associated with the emo genre (modern bands that bear the label, modern kids who run around in sweaters their grandparents might have once owned, guys wearing girls' pants, etc.) is not what the actualy genre and culture represent. What exists today has risen from what is now, more or less, dead as a subculture.

What is known as emo today is not what the term originally represented, and many people have a great many misconceptions of just what it means even in terms of the bands that are around today. Many bands will incorporate the stereotypical values, but in truth it has nothing to do with those; they are simply the names that sell.

...don't smother your kids."
Disfunction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 07:51 PM   #56
Circle V

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkangel29
Who hasn't had a huge emotional moment in their lives? If you can say you have... I pity you.
I, um... sorta haven't. I make things up to compensate. The worst I've gone through was a sort of slow-motion pseudo-breakdown. It was so goddamn boring.
Old 07-26-2006, 10:15 AM   #57
Crying_Crimson_Tears

Emo is probably the worst sub culture/sterotype ever suggested/made up. I dunno why, maybe depressed kids one day just decided that they didn't wanna be called "emotional" because that's what their parents who always ruin their lives call them so they decided a cooler name like emo was in order. Then they get all upset that they are emo and we pick on them.

-Zach Galifianakis
Crying_Crimson_Tears is offline   Reply With Quote