Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

Old 04-12-2007, 09:44 PM   #1
DarkGentleman

Resident Evil 3:Extinction, movie coming.

YESSSSS!!! RE3:Extinction is coming to theaters on Sept 21, 2007!!!

http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/r...ion/index.html

I can't wait for this one.

Kinda looks like Mad Max movie, but more is yet to be seen.
DarkGentleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 10:04 PM   #2
kuro

Really, cool!
kuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2007, 11:00 PM   #3
killer_asian_Dax

The trailer sucked major, but I do like the 2 that are currently out, so I guesssss I'll go see it.

My crappy Myspace
killer_asian_Dax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 12:25 AM   #4
L'Oiseau Noir

RE: Extinction is going to BLOW, just like its predecessors.

Anderson (I think that's the director's name), completely ruined the series with his movies and craptastic character, "Alice." For God's sake, the woman has a background about as thick as a soda cracker, yet she somehow becomes Umbrella's strongest bioweapon? Puhleaaaaaaase. I hope she dies--I'm tired of seeing Alice kicking the crap out of, like, twenty-million zombies with just a damn toothpick (sarcasm).

If they just stuck to the format of the games and only added in a few things (or at least some decent, believable characters), then maybe it wouldn't have sucked so much. But yeah, seriously, two thumbs down to this guy for making these films.

At least when they made the Silent Hill movie, it was close to the game, with a few changes here and there (though I wasn't happy with them too much, either).

Anyway, I'll stop sounding off on this now....
L'Oiseau Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 05:19 AM   #5
Valrys

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Oiseau Noir
Lots of Words
Agreed. Totally. The Resident Evil movies are so far removed from the games that they shouldn't really carry the name. I personally love the in-game storylines (however simple they may be in some cases) and Anderson just pised all over that and screwed it up real bad.

If you take the RE movies away from the games and pretend they don't exist, they're still only average zombie flicks, the "Dead" series is better imo.
Valrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 10:45 AM   #6
L'Oiseau Noir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valrys
Agreed. Totally. The Resident Evil movies are so far removed from the games that they shouldn't really carry the name. I personally love the in-game storylines (however simple they may be in some cases) and Anderson just pised all over that and screwed it up real bad.

If you take the RE movies away from the games and pretend they don't exist, they're still only average zombie flicks, the "Dead" series is better imo.
Agreed, obviously.

George A. Romero was originally going to do the screenplay for the Resident Evil movies, but they basically told him "fuck you, we don't like your idea" and sent him packing, then had the nerve to put Anderson in his place.

At least Romero, I think, would've made a better movie. He wouldn't have made a gung ho character like Alice--everybody would be ordinary citizens, like in all his movies, trying to survive an apocalypse of the undead.

I hope Anderson goes and takes a long stroll off a short cliff.
Old 09-09-2007, 01:36 PM   #7
Valrys

Quote:
George A. Romero was originally going to do the screenplay for the Resident Evil movies, but they basically told him "fuck you, we don't like your idea" and sent him packing, then had the nerve to put Anderson in his place.
really? I didn't know that, but then again, I didn't really pay much attention to the films other than watching them and being appalled.
At least one good thing that came out of it was the laser corrider in RE4 that is obviously stolen from the first movie. That was quite cool.
Old 09-09-2007, 01:55 PM   #8
L'Oiseau Noir

Quote:
really? I didn't know that, but then again, I didn't really pay much attention to the films other than watching them and being appalled.
At least one good thing that came out of it was the laser corrider in RE4 that is obviously stolen from the first movie. That was quite cool.
Yeah, that was a pretty good part in the game. It supports my theory that Leon is, in fact, a cyborg! No man can do flips like that!

I kid.

But yeah, Romero was going to do it. Too bad they rejected him for that degenerate, Anderson.
Old 09-09-2007, 03:01 PM   #9
Valrys

Quote:
Yeah, that was a pretty good part in the game. It supports my theory that Leon is, in fact, a cyborg! No man can do flips like that!

I kid.

But yeah, Romero was going to do it. Too bad they rejected him for that degenerate, Anderson.
Yeah, thats a real shame, Romero could have done the series justice, even if he didn't follow the stories.

And a cyborg? Makes sense, doubt a regular man could take a pitchfork to the face and survive. >.<
Old 09-09-2007, 03:05 PM   #10
L'Oiseau Noir

Quote:
Yeah, thats a real shame, Romero could have done the series justice, even if he didn't follow the stories.

And a cyborg? Makes sense, doubt a regular man could take a pitchfork to the face and survive. >.<
Yeah, and come back from the dead after having his head lopped off with a chainsaw. Or being able to survive a two-hundred foot drop. Yeah, he's got to be some sort of cyborg. xD

Romero would've done a good job--his zombie movies are great.
Old 09-09-2007, 03:48 PM   #11
Beneath the Shadows

Quote:
Yeah, and come back from the dead after having his head lopped off with a chainsaw. Or being able to survive a two-hundred foot drop. Yeah, he's got to be some sort of cyborg. xD
Or get set on fire without having to worry about burning his hair.
Beneath the Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 03:53 PM   #12
L'Oiseau Noir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beneath the Shadows
Leon's hair is too perfect. I want to know who does it and what shampoos and conditioners he uses. >=(
Old 09-09-2007, 04:08 PM   #13
Valrys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beneath the Shadows
Its a wig. Made of Steel.
Old 09-09-2007, 04:16 PM   #14
L'Oiseau Noir

Quote:
Its a wig. Made of Steel.
It's gotta be made out of SOMETHING. No man or woman has perfect hair like Leon's!
Old 09-09-2007, 06:49 PM   #15
Edward Strange

God! I agree! The first two movies were appalling!
The second one had me cracking up in laughter at how BAD it was.
The first just had too much swearing and explosions.

And now I hear they are making a Hitman movie too! I can feel it in my MIGHTY gut that it's going to be terrible too.
You never know, they might do something interesting and clever like 'Leon' or the many other assassin films, but no. That isn't the style of the time.
Let's have hot chicks and explosions people!

Psssh.

I've got a feeling Extinction is going to be like the end of Planet Terror. ><

Breathing heard just below the floorboards.
The sense of something terrible rousing itself from
from its torpor.
Edward Strange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 07:29 PM   #16
HellforgedX

Quote:
I'm tired of seeing Alice kicking the crap out of, like, twenty-million zombies with just a damn toothpick (sarcasm).
Sarcasm noted, but really, if Bullseye from the movie Daredevil can kill a guy with a paperclip and an old lady with a PEANUT, I think Alice deserves her toothpick!

And I am an avid fan of all movies with zombies, story matters not to me at all when it comes to walking dead. These movies are not created to be intellectually inspiring, and I enjoy them for their purpose: Special FX Showboating and zombie killin' action! ::Ric Flair pose:: WOO!
Old 09-09-2007, 07:31 PM   #17
james"bloody tears"

personaly i liked the first two and want to go see this one but since the wife is prego i doupt we will.

love me or hate me i wont change

the eyes are the windows to the soul, are you afraid of what you see?
james"bloody tears" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 07:50 PM   #18
raggedyanne

Under 18 and bf is being a douche; can't go, but want to
At some point, you need to look yourself in the mirror and realize that what other people did to you does not define you as a person. You and your actions define who you are as a person. It's up to you to be a good person, in spite of all the evil you've faced. In fact, it should be because of the evil you see that it's good you do. Be the change you want in the world. Next time someone tells me that they're an asshole because they've had a bad life, I'm stabbing them in the eye with a spork.
raggedyanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 08:04 PM   #19
DarkGentleman

I still plan to see it regardless. I saw a pic, in the recent Fangoria issue, of what looks like the zombie mutant Tyrant. I predict that the other super zombie mutants will be in this one, just as Nemesis was in the RE2 movie.

If the William Birkin mutant is in this one, that will make the movie kick ass even more.
Old 09-09-2007, 08:05 PM   #20
DarkGentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by raggedyanne
Under 18 and bf is being a douche; can't go, but want to
Want me to sneak you in?
Old 09-09-2007, 09:16 PM   #21
L'Oiseau Noir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Strange
God! I agree! The first two movies were appalling!
The second one had me cracking up in laughter at how BAD it was.
The first just had too much swearing and explosions.

And now I hear they are making a Hitman movie too! I can feel it in my MIGHTY gut that it's going to be terrible too.
You never know, they might do something interesting and clever like 'Leon' or the many other assassin films, but no. That isn't the style of the time.
Let's have hot chicks and explosions people!

Psssh.

I've got a feeling Extinction is going to be like the end of Planet Terror. ><
As I've said, Extinction WILL suck. xD

I still can't believe how badly Anderson portray Jill Valentine in Apocalypse. Last I checked she wasn't a chronic potty-mouth and smoked; if I recall, Jill was a rather reserved type woman in the games. And I don't ever remember Capcom making her a smoker--who knows, though? Still, the whole "tough bitch" persona didn't fit her... it just wasn't like my lovely Jilly. =(
Old 09-09-2007, 09:17 PM   #22
L'Oiseau Noir

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkGentleman
I still plan to see it regardless. I saw a pic, in the recent Fangoria issue, of what looks like the zombie mutant Tyrant. I predict that the other super zombie mutants will be in this one, just as Nemesis was in the RE2 movie.

If the William Birkin mutant is in this one, that will make the movie kick ass even more.
Actually, I was told the Tyrant was the creature they used in "Dead:Aim." Why out of all the games they chose that crappy one is beyond me, but that's what I've gathered by perusing the internet.
Old 09-09-2007, 09:28 PM   #23
DarkGentleman

Quote:
Actually, I was told the Tyrant was the creature they used in "Dead:Aim." Why out of all the games they chose that crappy one is beyond me, but that's what I've gathered by perusing the internet.
Well actually that is not true, forgive me on this and allow me to clarify:

Tyrant - last boss in the very first Resident Evil game.
William Birkin/G3 - last boss in Resident Evil 2 game.
Nemesis - last boss in Resident Evil 3 game.

The rest I never played because I was kinda bored of them. But Tyrant appeared in some of the other games after that too.

I thought when the first 2 movies used the LICKER mutant, to me that was crappy enough.
Old 09-09-2007, 11:11 PM   #24
dark_dragon_of_ice

Ahh yes loved the game..not much so the movie.
Talking of which im going to get a PhD in biotechnology maybe I should start development of the T virus.
I mean there's nothing wrong or amoral with creating a biological weapon and testing it on a town!!..is there? I mean everyone loves zombies.
dark_dragon_of_ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 12:32 AM   #25
Corpsey

Unless they are a zombie...

Vampires make better undead.

Uhm... the first really tickled my fancy... the second kinda diminished the impression the first film with the over the top and invincibility bullshit. I mean, sure she's genetically different, but the bit where they went through the graveyard and the dead rose up just as they were walking across it was pure and utter bollocks.

My vote: it'll either kill all the movies or be at the same level as the second.

"I've never regretted anything..." - Light Yagami

Life is a shit sandwich. Unfortunately, it's always lunchtime. How much bread you have goes a long way toward determining how easy it is to swallow.
Corpsey is offline   Reply With Quote