Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 05-28-2010, 09:28 PM   #1
victoria

nail polish nightmares. . .

Okay so, I was reading some of the titles and converations and i didnt see anything about nails. . . (if i missed it, sorry i wasnt really paying attention)

So lets hear some stoies about your nails. . . My story is my nieghbors daughters are obsessed with doing everyones nails and naturally i got pulled into the equation too. . . The oldest girl i think she's like 14, grabbed me and made me sit at her dining room table while painting my nails black with purple tips and a silver line dividing the two colors.

Now remember she is a bit younger then me, so the whole time i was like. . . i want to go home. . . let me go to sleep. . . this is boring. . . Then she asked that one question little teens ask that makes you flinch but you dont want to hurt their feelings so you really just dont know what to say. . . "Oh MY GOSH!!! do you want to stay the night?!?!" she got that little sparkle in her eye and all that. . . i couldnt run away. . . she was holding my hand for dear life. . . thank god my mom said no. . .

so later she was finishing my nails (putting the silver lines on them all) and she just kept messing up, now i didnt much care until she said "i messed up alot but i dont care do you?!" . . . i dont know maybe im stupid and semi paranoid but my first thought was, payback for me not staying the night. . .

Longish story if you braved through its boring-ness or just skipped it and posted stuff who cares, whats your awkward nail stories?
victoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 11:45 PM   #2
triggerhappi26

Not sure if it is awkward or not but once I was painting my toenails electric blue with black tips and I ended up continuing on to do my bf's toenails while he was asleep, black with blue tips, he just laughed about it tho
triggerhappi26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 08:54 PM   #3
carakitty

The middle finger on my left hand has its nail stunted to halfway down the nail bed. It decided to pick a fight with the garage door and lost. The nail was hanging on there pretty well for a couple month but started growing out enough that the damaged part started lifting up and it started getting caught on stuff and had ot be trimmed down to prevent more injury. I usually try to have my nails at a nice length but since the major chop all my nails have been reduced to stumpies.
Old 06-05-2010, 07:09 PM   #4
Pineapple_Juice

One time I slammed my finger in my father's truck door and the door automatically locked. My fingernail fell off.

Oh yeah, and there was nail polish on it.
Old 06-06-2010, 07:51 AM   #5
carakitty

I had on NP at the time of my incident as well. Dark Purple. Waited a day and decided I should take off the polish to see how bad the damage was. Then got right back to painting!
Old 06-07-2010, 01:56 AM   #6
Pineapple_Juice

I thought you were going to say that the it wasn't the polish that made your nail look purple. Haha.
Old 06-07-2010, 04:08 PM   #7
Scabette

I woulld cry for hours if I lost a fingernail. My nailpolish disasters only go as far as managing to get it on pretty much everything. Clothes, bedsheets, papers, desks, wherever I decide to paint up, I manage to make a mess. Story of my life, really.
Scabette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 11:24 PM   #8
Pineapple_Juice

My grandmother used to let her son paint her toenails but he was little so he would take the brush and run it across her toes from side to side.
Old 06-10-2010, 01:42 PM   #9
victoria

lol, i opened up a bottle of nail tek the other day and the top came off but the brush stayed in the bottle, and like a fucking idiot i shook the bottle and the nail tek went EVERYWHERE! its on a pair of my jeans, my favorite jacket, and my keyboard to my computer. . .
victoria is offline   Reply With Quote