Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 10-03-2007, 09:25 PM   #1
Tristanna

Halloween costume?

I wondered what everyone is going to be this year? Im a stripy bee with a pvc corset, wings etc and im going to a burlesque club!

I cant wait, what are you planning?
Tristanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 10:05 PM   #2
MaverickZero

Dawning my ninja uniform, lol...
MaverickZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 10:07 PM   #3
Cicero

For the first year ever I have no idea. Ideally an 18th century zombie, but I don't think I'll have that particular outfit ready in time.

A 21st century zombie instead maybe.

My Etsy store: www.Cicero1334.etsy.com

[And check out 1334 while you're at it: www.myspace.com/club1334 ]
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 11:25 PM   #4
Heatherzilla

I'm gonna be a cyborg type thing, it's an excuse to wear random electronics and talk geek all night. My friend is having a halloween party which is gonna rock.
Heatherzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 03:16 AM   #5
wonderland

Alice. A vaguely American McGee-y Alice, with a blood spattered apron, bandaged wrists, and stuffed white rabbit I've rolled around in the dirt and ripped an eye off of (poor bunny). Sucks that I'm blonde, otherwise I'd be a pretty good match.
wonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 03:44 AM   #6
Rizash

OMG THANK YOU wonderland... Alice was a very strange game and most people NEVER played it! Weird game based on the Q3 engine.... Anyway... lol....

Heatherzilla good excuse to show your inner geek Going geeky or technofet-ishy?

*grins* what would the world do without geeks

-Riz
Rizash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 04:47 AM   #7
Tristanna

They all sound good but i like the alice idea, sounds cute and sexy. I was little red riding hood last year and won joint place with a grl in an alice costume
Old 10-04-2007, 05:02 AM   #8
TopHaggardDoll

I don't know what the hell i'm gunna be.

I was gunna do little red riding hood (not in a saucy way, lol) But I dunno....ARGH! confusion.
Old 10-04-2007, 05:10 AM   #9
Tristanna

http://myspace.com/lunarrastar - i meant to say you can see my little red riding hood one from last year on my myspace, also my boyfriend who was a fallen angel with an electric halo and everything LOL!

I got the basket, apron and blouse from ebay.
Old 10-04-2007, 10:16 AM   #10
TopHaggardDoll

You look so cute XD!!!!!

I love it.
Old 10-04-2007, 11:43 AM   #11
OCD Insomnia

I'll probably end up being either a dead hooker or a crow angel. I'm too poor to have cool costumes.
OCD Insomnia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 12:31 PM   #12
Tristanna

You can always make something, doesnt have to cost alot

tophaggarddoll - Thanks
Old 10-04-2007, 12:51 PM   #13
Vexik

Until I find a way to wear my pirate clothes more often, I'll be going as a pirate. I know this may be difficult to believe, mates.
Vexik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 01:27 PM   #14
//Nacht

Sauce-ghey from Naruto. Too cheap to get something for Halloween. ...and I'm a cosplay geek.
//Nacht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 01:35 PM   #15
L'Oiseau Noir

I'm probably going to make a "Lenore" costume based off of Edgar Allen Poe's poem by the same name (obviously.)

A group of friends and I are going to help piece the outfit together (if it all goes smoothly). It's probably going to be a tattered white victorian gown, and I may get a quality blonde wig as we know Lenore is described as having "yellow hair" in Poe's work. I'll have it curled tightly and bunched up into a pigtail-type style. Kind of like how Emilie Autumn does her hair with the ribbons and such.

However, it's only an idea... I still need to gather the necessary fabrics/accessories for it to make it whole. Hopefully I'll get to do it.

"I love Wagner, but the music I prefer is that of a cat hung up by its tail outside a window and trying to stick to the panes of glass with its claws." - Charles Baudelaire

L'Oiseau Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 01:46 PM   #16
thedoll

for some reason my friends have decided our color idea and all be boy scouts in as naughty a way as possible... grrr.

I may just be a doll, how cliche.

I'd like to do more than survive, I'd like to rub it in your face. -The Dresden Dolls
thedoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 07:20 PM   #17
(heartofflames)

i might be a vampire, considering the fact that i have been princesses and witches and need something different....or i might be stuck as a witch again.....
luckily, my mom has a varied wardrobe, so for now, i am going as Fear, from the black parade.
(heartofflames) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 07:25 PM   #18
Saddiction

I'm gonna find me a white sheet and cut two holes out for eyes and make 'boo' noises. j/k

Not sure what this year will entail, but my bf wants to do a monster rights rally.
Old 10-04-2007, 07:40 PM   #19
DarkGentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero
For the first year ever I have no idea. Ideally an 18th century zombie, but I don't think I'll have that particular outfit ready in time.

A 21st century zombie instead maybe.
I thought of the same thing too. I also thought of going as Skeletor, (Masters of the Universe). DAMMIT, I can't decide!!
DarkGentleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 08:15 PM   #20
StasisInDarkness

I usually have such elaborate costumes, fraught with literary allusions (see: last year, I was a female version of Alex from A Clockwork Orange, with the eyelashes, bowler hat, and glass of milk) and this year...MREH.

Being a college-freshman has certainly limited the hours I can devote to brainstorming a costume...so, perhaps I will go with an old stand-by of mine, Dead Ophelia...
StasisInDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 08:15 PM   #21
raggedyanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Oiseau Noir
I'm probably going to make a "Lenore" costume based off of Edgar Allen Poe's poem by the same name (obviously.)
I'm going as Edgar himself! Post pics of your costume please. It sounds brilliant.
At some point, you need to look yourself in the mirror and realize that what other people did to you does not define you as a person. You and your actions define who you are as a person. It's up to you to be a good person, in spite of all the evil you've faced. In fact, it should be because of the evil you see that it's good you do. Be the change you want in the world. Next time someone tells me that they're an asshole because they've had a bad life, I'm stabbing them in the eye with a spork.
raggedyanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 08:44 PM   #22
killer_asian_Dax

Haven't decided yet, but I'm probably gonna go all cyber-gothed out. Where I'm from, that'll be costume enough.(Everyone in my town dresses all trendy and/or hip-hoppish/gangstah)

Where I'll be that night- I'll fit right in like usual.

I would love to know though.....AT WHAT POINT did it become common practice for girls to dress like uberwhores on halloween?!?!?! What ever happened to dressing like a ghoul, demon or wicked witch in honor (and mockery) of the dead/all saints day???

My crappy Myspace
killer_asian_Dax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 10:02 PM   #23
raggedyanne

When men started designing halloween costumes. We could also blame the sexual revolution and miniskirts, but that would be just wrong.
At some point, you need to look yourself in the mirror and realize that what other people did to you does not define you as a person. You and your actions define who you are as a person. It's up to you to be a good person, in spite of all the evil you've faced. In fact, it should be because of the evil you see that it's good you do. Be the change you want in the world. Next time someone tells me that they're an asshole because they've had a bad life, I'm stabbing them in the eye with a spork.
raggedyanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 10:32 PM   #24
Cicero

Yeah, Halloween costumes nowadays are so often along the lines of 'Playboy Bunny', 'Sexy Pirate', 'Vampire Stripper', 'Kinky Lobster', etc.

My sister is going to a Halloween / Birthday party dressed as a 'Pervert Stripper', complete with a strap-on penis and trenchcoat. Not at all sexy, but in a similar vein...

My Etsy store: www.Cicero1334.etsy.com

[And check out 1334 while you're at it: www.myspace.com/club1334 ]
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 03:23 AM   #25
Tristanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero
Yeah, Halloween costumes nowadays are so often along the lines of 'Playboy Bunny', 'Sexy Pirate', 'Vampire Stripper', 'Kinky Lobster', etc.

My sister is going to a Halloween / Birthday party dressed as a 'Pervert Stripper', complete with a strap-on penis and trenchcoat. Not at all sexy, but in a similar vein...

Oh dear. Yeh i think alot of girls dont think about whether they actually look good or suit what theyre wearing as long as its tight and revealing ...and thats not just halloween.

I dont wear a corset to look sexy, i enjoy it and mylittle red riding hood outfit last year im told was sexy but wasnt revealing.