Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 07-31-2007, 09:31 AM   #26
Graveyard.Crow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha Duckman
You know what pisses me off? Besides paedophiles, obviously. When one of the fuckers enters the stage, all of a sudden EVERY guy is a paedophile! One moved into my area a few years back, and whenever a chick sees a regular dude, just chillin' out, walking his dog, they're all like "GET AWAY FROM ME YOU PERVERT!!!" and I'm all like "Margaret, I'm your neighbour, I've known you for two years." and they're all "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGH!!!" and hit you with a face full of pepper spray, and I'm all "HOLY FUCKING JESUS!!! IT BURNS!!!!!" and they're all "I'm sorry, but you're a guy, so you're obviously a paedophile. Say, you going to McCunnocks bar tonight?" and I'm all "CALL ME A FUCKING AMBULANCE, LADY!!!" and she's all "Fuck, no need to be so rude, I was just asking a question." and I'm all "WHAT TE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU!!! I CAN' FUCKIN' SEE!!!" and she's all "Well FUCK YOU, so!"

I hate that shit.
OH my LORD
THAT'S hilarious!
I'm sick and therefor laughter helps
seriously that's gold
Old 07-31-2007, 09:57 AM   #27
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor
No people wouldn't jump to his defence if he did carry out his intentions. But he can think what he likes. What do you suggest that police do about him when he hasn't broken any laws? I'm sure they are already keeping a watch on him, and parents are keeping a lookout.
Ooh, I know! Let's make it so no one can even think about things!

Wait a minute...that seems familiar...I don't think that story ended well...
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 10:20 AM   #28
Nitocris

He is clearly a sick man, but has not done anything criminal and the police should leave him alone until they have reason to believe he has actually perpetrated a crime.
The group of mothers in question really need to spend less time at the coffee shop gibbering in fright over the boogeyman and more time educating their kids on predators.
Nitocris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 10:24 AM   #29
Lapin

I'm sorry, its just that I have very young cousins and sisters, and I worry for them.

In honest opinion, he's doing nothing illegal, and there's no action that can be taken against him.

I'm just very frightened of him and how he could harm people I care about, or anyone for that matter.
Lapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 10:44 AM   #30
Haunted House

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic
I don't think it's right to say it's just 'another fetish'.
But, why? It IS just another fetish. Having an attraction to young girls is a fetish. Do you want them to take pedo.phili.a off the list of the hundreds of other fetishes and put it in it's own catagory that makes it not alright to have? Thats what people don't understand. You don't exactly choose your own fetishes. If you happen to thave any other fetish, you're ok, but if you have THIS one, you're sick and twisted. I'd love to know how that works.
Old 07-31-2007, 01:38 PM   #31
Godslayer Jillian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lapin
I'm just very frightened of him and how he could harm people I care about, or anyone for that matter.
What makes it any different than being scared that someone will gag you and insult you?
What makes it any different than being scared that someone might piss all over you?
What makes it any different than being scared that you sit in the grass in the park and take off your shoes and starts licking and sucking your feet?

How often do people act against other people's wills to publicly satisfy their own fetish impulses?
p.edop.hiles are always put in the same lot as r.apists, and I can't understand why.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 01:41 PM   #32
Lapin

I am well aware that I could not effectively argue with you Jillian, so I concede now.
Lapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 02:02 PM   #33
Godslayer Jillian

The thing is, there is no logical reason to ouster p.edop.hiles. I could understand disliking child molesters, but p.edop.hilia in itself shouldn't be an issue.
Even people here, in a community that boasts tolerance and diversity, would treat someone in their neighborhood as a pariah if they found he's attracted to teens or preteens. This is only because they have been indoctrinated like this by society.
Think of this:
In ancient Athens (as I previously mentioned), males with boy lovers were considered noble, and were even encourage to attract that boy into a loving relationship.
Those kids grew up to be perfectly normal members of their society.
Yet now, when p.edop.hiles are considered 'sick fucks' a kid that had a close bond with a p.edop.hile, even if there was no sex involved, stays scarred for life when they tell him why that man was 'sick'. He will never trust that man, because he saw the boy in a sexual way.
Why does he become so burdened about a man whom he respected before being told that that man was doing something wrong?
It's society the one that harms these kids the most.

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Old 07-31-2007, 02:09 PM   #34
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Notice that the Athenians are no longer. Nor are the Spartans, who also made a practice of mentor soldiers seducing apprentice warriors. They are now both extinct cultures.

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 02:11 PM   #35
Godslayer Jillian

It's no different than the fact that the Carthaginians, advanced for their epoch, were eradicated.
Saying that it's because of their moral values that they perished would be very arbitrary.

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Old 07-31-2007, 02:20 PM   #36
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanePain
Notice that the Athenians are no longer. Nor are the Spartans, who also made a practice of mentor soldiers seducing apprentice warriors. They are now both extinct cultures.
You're going to sit here and tell me you've never found yourself lusting after someone inappropriately young?
Old 07-31-2007, 03:55 PM   #37
Godslayer Jillian

You don't need to have experienced a feeling close to p.edop.hilia to justify it as something normal.
I support the right to carry guns and I've never fired or even carried one.

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Old 07-31-2007, 04:28 PM   #38
Graveyard.Crow

Heh, too bad this guy didn't live back in the day when it was ok for an older man to marry a really young woman.
Old 07-31-2007, 05:27 PM   #39
HumanePain

Sorry if it appeared arbitrary due to my brief comment, I should have expanded my correlation:

Abstract: Some primitive behavior belongs in the past for the survival of a more advanced culture.

Humans have learned to suppress or redirect primitive animal behavior.
This has led to an advancement of society in which greater individual freedom and safety is possible. In the past, primitive behavior resulted in the strong killing or enslaving the weak. This has been removed to the greater benefit of all.

Uncontrolled sexual urges directed towards children who are not capable of making an adult decision to consent is also a primitive behavior, the adult subduing the child. This was a past behavior as Jillian pointed out, which has also been (for the most part) suppressed to the benefit of children.

My point is, past cultures died along with past behaviors, some of which were a blessing to be gone, and some which were cultivated and enriched to survive in today's world to benefit the greater good.

Old 07-31-2007, 05:34 PM   #40
HumanePain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia
You're going to sit here and tell me you've never found yourself lusting after someone inappropriately young?
An even better example: I have found myself wanting to kill someone. But I do not do it, because it is wrong. Just because I have wanted to kill someone does not mean that I cannot lobby against murder.

Old 07-31-2007, 07:03 PM   #41
Solumina

Quote:
An even better example: I have found myself wanting to kill someone. But I do not do it, because it is wrong. Just because I have wanted to kill someone does not mean that I cannot lobby against murder.
That actually is a fantastic argument but it does you're point no good. The thing is he doesn't have to act on on the urge to be a pedo he just has to have the feelings and he has seemed to be able to keep himself from doing anything illegal and therefore has done nothing wrong.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 07:04 PM   #42
Solumina

This man hasn't gone out and said that child molestation is okay just pedo.phelia which as Jill said is just another fetish
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 07:31 PM   #43
killer_asian_Dax

Hmmmm....... There's something....not....normal about that guy...

But in any case, you can't arrest a guy for NOT breaking the law. No matter how scary he is.

It will be interesting to see how this develops.

My crappy Myspace
killer_asian_Dax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 08:01 PM   #44
Tha Duckman

I put ALL the blame on the stupid, sexy children. Those bastards TAUNT him!
Tha Duckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 11:01 PM   #45
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Uh, right. But that would also mean it's not wrong to want to kill someone.

He doesn't engage in sex acts with children because he knows it's wrong. You just proved my point.
Old 08-01-2007, 02:20 AM   #46
Vic

I really can't conceive how you can deem pedo.phelia a fetish in the same category as foot fetishes, bondage and the like.
As Humane pointed out, past cultures and practices have evolved to create a safer environment for people to grow and fend for themselves. A child has no means to protect themselves from the snares of a pervert in a park.
I'm fully aware that this 'man' has done nothing explicitly wrong, but that doesn't mean he's not capable of doing so. It's just an extremely frustrating example of how a person can manpiluate society so extremely.
I agree that society does more harm to children. Yet a man lusting over children, and then posting photographs of them all over the internet doesn't help the matter does it? It's hard enough to raise a child in this poor excuse for a world. For someone to try and justify pedo.phelia is actually quite beyond me.
Vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 02:58 AM   #47
HumanePain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina
That actually is a fantastic argument but it does you're point no good. The thing is he doesn't have to act on on the urge to be a pedo he just has to have the feelings and he has seemed to be able to keep himself from doing anything illegal and therefore has done nothing wrong.
But he is doing something: he is broadcasting where he finds children, he blogs what he has admitted are erotic feelings and photos of children that arouse him etc. To expand upon my example, it would be as if I were one of the vampire freak members and proceeded to post explanations about how to sit in wait as a sniper and then assassinate someone in a way without leaving evidence of a crime, photos of desired victims etc. The intended victims would be horrified to read that I "lusted after killing them" and to read how I would do it etc. You and Ophelia are saying that would be acceptable.
It would not be acceptable, especially in a more advanced society that would enrich and support individual safety and non-violence, and specifically, would protect children.

Old 08-01-2007, 07:03 AM   #48
badteccy

I agree that pedophilia is a fetish, and I feel sorry for someone who has it as a fetish. However, once they act upon it then my sympathy is out the window.
badteccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 07:08 AM   #49
Vic

But I don't agree that it's even a festish ..... Surely it's more a sexual preference?
I'm pretty sure if a pedophile had the ability to choose whether he/she were attracted to children, they would choose not to be.
Vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 07:24 AM   #50
Crying_Crimson_Tears

It seems to me that it's a compulsion and they just can't control it sometimes. I mean if they get help for it maybe then their control over it is more.

And I agree with Vic. If someone could choose to be a pedophile or not I am sure they would choose not to be.

But still all the same I agree with badteccy too, I have sympathy for them, but once they act upon their urges, my sympathy for them is gone.

-Zach Galifianakis
Crying_Crimson_Tears is offline   Reply With Quote