Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 07-27-2009, 05:23 PM   #1
HavelockV

Woman dismembers infant, consumes brain and more

http://news.aol.com/article/police-s...s-brain/588892

Quote:
SAN ANTONIO (July 27) - A woman charged with murdering her 3 1/2-week-old son used a knife and two swords to dismember the child and ate parts of his body, including his brain, before stabbing herself in the torso and slicing her own throat, police said Monday.

Otty Sanchez, 33, is charged with capital murder in the death of her infant son, Scott Wesley Buchholtz-Sanchez. She was recovering from her wounds at a hospital, and was being held on $1 million bail.

San Antonio Police Chief William McManus said the early Sunday morning attack occurred a week after the child's father moved out. Otty Sanchez's sister and her sister's two children, ages 5 and 7, were in the house, but none were harmed.
Otty Sanchez's aunt, Gloria Sanchez, said her niece had been "in and out" of a psychiatric ward, and that the hospital called several months ago looking to check up on her. She did not elaborate on the nature of her niece's health problems.
"Otty didn't mean to do that. She was not in her right mind," a sobbing Gloria Sanchez told The Associated Press on Monday by phone. She said her family was devastated.
McManus, who appeared uncomfortable as he addressed reporters, said Sanchez apparently ate the child's brain and some other body parts. She also decapitated the infant, tore off his face and chewed off three of his toes before stabbing herself.
"It's too heinous for me to describe it any further," McManus said.
Skip over this content

McManus described the crime scene as so grisly that police officers barely spoke to each other while looking through the house. Parts of the child were missing, including pieces that Sanchez allegedly ate.
"At this particular scene you could have heard a pin drop," McManus said. "No one was speaking. It was about as somber as it could have been."
Officers called to Sanchez's house at about 5 a.m. Sunday found her sitting on the couch screaming "I killed my baby! I killed my baby!" McManus said. They found the boy's body in a bedroom.

Police said Sanchez said the devil told her to kill her son and that she was hearing voices.
"It was a spontaneous utterance," McManus said.
Police said Sanchez did not have an attorney, and they declined to identify family members who might speak on her behalf.
No one answered the door Monday at Sanchez's one-story home, where the blinds were shut. A hopscotch pattern and red hearts were drawn on the walk leading up to the house.

Neighbor Luis Yanez, 23, said his kids went to school with one of the small children who lived at the house. He said he often saw a woman playing outside with the children but didn't know whether it was Otty.
"Why would you do that to your baby?" said Yanez, a tire technician. "It brings chills to you. They can't defend themselves."

Authorities said Sanchez and her sister took turns watching the baby Sunday morning, and that the boy was placed in Sanchez's care at about 1:30 a.m. Her sister discovered what happened about three hours later and called police.

Investigators are looking into whether postpartum depression could have played a role in the attack, McManus said. Authorities said they were looking into Sanchez's mental health history to see if there was anything "significant" but did not elaborate.
Ghastly stuff. I cannot fathom what it must have been like to be in the shoes of one of the crime scene investigators in this tragic and terrible situation.
HavelockV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 05:50 PM   #2
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Somone took the eating dead babies jokes a bit too seriously.

But frankly while I find myself disgusted hearing this, since I live one county over from where Jeffery Dahmer lived I'm find myself saying it could be worse. Now if you excuse me I have to get my mind off this.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 05:51 PM   #3
Tumor

I simply don't know what do say. Anything I could say would sound pathetic in the face of such a terrible incident.
Tumor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 05:52 PM   #4
korinna5555

Maybe she thought she was a hamster?

It's horribly sad, though.. poor kid.
korinna5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 06:50 PM   #5
Haunted House

Maybe she's a zombie.
Old 07-28-2009, 07:38 AM   #6
Lord Whiskerton

Quite obscene.
Lord Whiskerton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 09:11 AM   #7
zerademark

Indeed. *shrugs* but yeah, there are about 6 million humans on the Earth. What does it matter if 1 baby gets eaten?

Lord Whiskerton, would you do the honours of marrying me?

-Zerachiel de Mark-
3 It is not "You and me", instead it is "Me and you". At the same time "M" is capitalized.
zerademark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 09:22 AM   #8
alyroi360

hmm... a bit sad, but humans are no different than any animal on earth. hamsters eat their own babies as well. The woman is obviously in psychological distress, therefore consuming her child. If she turns out to be a serial killer, good for her, there aren't that many around at the moment...
alyroi360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 09:45 AM   #9
zerademark

Quote:
hmm... a bit sad, but humans are no different than any animal on earth
Finally someone who isnt arrogant!!!
3 It is not "You and me", instead it is "Me and you". At the same time "M" is capitalized.
Old 07-28-2009, 10:00 AM   #10
HavelockV

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerademark View Post
Indeed. *shrugs* but yeah, there are about 6 million humans on the Earth. What does it matter if 1 baby gets eaten?
-Zerachiel de Mark-
An excellent suggestion. Perhaps then you would volunteer one of your own offspring to feed someone in the future, since you seem so obviously unperturbed by this turn of events. Of course, if you object to such a suggestion, I suppose you would be implicated in the 'arrogance' that you accuse others of exhibiting.

And by the by, approximately six billion humans occupy this planet.
Old 07-28-2009, 10:06 AM   #11
zerademark

Who says I'm not arrogant?
And yes, thank you. Six Billion people. Dang, even worse...

And no, I dont encourage people to eat eachother, except if its for survival. Same goes for animals.

But anyway, I'm going to post a thread involving my thoughts about reducing the human population to 500 people somewhere. I wonder, where would be the best place to do that?
In another site, the discussion wether humans were worthy enough to live (started by me) ran for about 7 pages. I'm pretty sure I'll receive better arguments here and less bashing.

-ZDM-
Old 07-28-2009, 10:24 AM   #12
alyroi360

Hmmm... I'm a vegetarian. But I don't see a problem with reducing the human population a few notches.
Old 07-28-2009, 10:49 AM   #13
HavelockV

Quote:

And no, I dont encourage people to eat eachother, except if its for survival. Same goes for animals.
-ZDM-
It was not my intention to suggest that you would encourage someone to eat your offspring. I was merely commenting that if you were thoroughly devoted to your attitude regarding the value of human life, you would not object if someone wanted to kill and eat your child; especially if such a sacrifice were required for the survival of at least one other human being. I do not consider this a form of "bashing" so much as, to employ the vernacular, "putting your money where your mouth is."

I admit I am slightly confounded at how you joyfully declare finally having found someone who "isn't arrogant" and then turn around and essentially assert that you yourself are arrogant. Remarkable.
Old 07-28-2009, 11:03 AM   #14
Saya

Sick, poor baby! I don't think I can eat now.

The lady who owns the Cake Wrecks blog put up a post today about cakes shaped like babies but put a note saying that it was entirely coincidential and had nothing to do with what was going on in the news, and sorry if anyone was offended, I was wondering what that was about.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 11:06 AM   #15
alyroi360

The way you type makes me want to take out a metal pole and beat you with it until you die. You sound like one of those idiotic political dirt bags. Human life is just like any other thing that lives. We are full of our "god-like" selves, and we're up on a pedistal before everything else. Someone died today, who gives a shit? Animals go to slaughter everyday for the purpose of somebody wants to eat them, but they don't NEED to eat them. It's a waste, and it's stupid. Humans ruin everything. WE are a plague, especially stupid ones like you, plus all of the fake plastic bitches that go to parties and get wasted when they're fourteen. If my child died, sure I'd be sad for a while, but who or what would not be? In my opinion, you're the arrogant fool here, Havelock.
Old 07-28-2009, 11:17 AM   #16
Lady Christine

Quote:
And yes, thank you. Six Billion people. Dang, even worse...

But anyway, I'm going to post a thread involving my thoughts about reducing the human population to 500 people somewhere. I wonder, where would be the best place to do that?
In another site, the discussion wether humans were worthy enough to live (started by me) ran for about 7 pages. I'm pretty sure I'll receive better arguments here and less bashing.

-ZDM-
So who is included in this group of 500 people? Certainly not you, there are more worthy human beings to be included in this 500. If you sit down and claim you want population control be willing to sacrifice yourself and your loved ones for the furthering of human society or don't suggest it. But back to your Utopia... there is possibility you won't be eliminated in this hypothetical 500 scenario, but your chances are 800 million to 1. Personally if I were you I'd invest in a game of Russian Roulette instead.
Lady Christine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 11:37 AM   #17
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by alyroi360 View Post
The way you type makes me want to take out a metal pole and beat you with it until you die. You sound like one of those idiotic political dirt bags. Human life is just like any other thing that lives. We are full of our "god-like" selves, and we're up on a pedistal before everything else. Someone died today, who gives a shit? Animals go to slaughter everyday for the purpose of somebody wants to eat them, but they don't NEED to eat them. It's a waste, and it's stupid. Humans ruin everything. WE are a plague, especially stupid ones like you, plus all of the fake plastic bitches that go to parties and get wasted when they're fourteen. If my child died, sure I'd be sad for a while, but who or what would not be? In my opinion, you're the arrogant fool here, Havelock.
So why kill everyone? Replace all the animal deaths with human deaths? Why not just promote veganism and animal rights so neither has to happen? Yeah we're a plague but pretty much every life is, everyone and everything competes with something else for resources, the trick is getting through life with causing as little damage as you can.

Someone died today? Thats terrible. A life was ended in an extremely cruel way, and a baby no less, who is innocent and defenseless. Why do you mourn the deaths of billions of animals but feel heartless when a human infant dies in a similar manner? And if we're all equal but we're all a plague and need to die, why are you still living and judging everyone else for living?

See, while yes a lot of species go extinct because of us, several others profit from our existence (vermin, insects, etc) A lot die but there is still a lot of life and life will always continue. No matter what we do to the planet or ourselves life will go on, how is it putting us up on a pedestal saying human life is worth something, but then turning around and saying humans are so powerful that we'll end the world and we must be destroyed is not even worse?
Old 07-28-2009, 12:05 PM   #18
alyroi360

I didn't say kill everyone and not animals. I lack sympathy for us because we have ruined so much of our world. Animals don't deserve to die, they have done nothing but continue their circle of living. Humans? take, take, take, most of us. It just so happens that we are of higher intelligence, so most take advantage of that, yes? What are the concequences of that, I ask you?

I live because I am alive. I am not so far along in my insanity that I wish to cause my family pain. I am a terrible person for my views on humanity, that is right. I constantly judge myself for living as well, so I also must ask why others happen to be alive. We live on a dying planet. Everyday, we all get closer. When something is born, it begins to die, ever heard that expression? So everything MUST die, it just so happens that we are not helping anything as we are. So that person died in a cruel way. That is no different than something else dying in a cruel way, or dying in general. Human life is worth just as much as any other life. What is wrong with saying that?
Old 07-28-2009, 12:44 PM   #19
Saya

Quote:
I didn't say kill everyone and not animals. I lack sympathy for us because we have ruined so much of our world. Animals don't deserve to die, they have done nothing but continue their circle of living.
Babies do even less than animals, they can't hunt or kill or anything, they rely solely on the mercy of others.

Quote:
Humans? take, take, take, most of us. It just so happens that we are of higher intelligence, so most take advantage of that, yes? What are the concequences of that, I ask you?
Its a curse and a blessing but not one I would wish away. Humans don't have to be horrible, so why not just work towards a better world? Misanthropy doesn't get anyone anywhere.

Quote:
I live because I am alive. I am not so far along in my insanity that I wish to cause my family pain. I am a terrible person for my views on humanity, that is right. I constantly judge myself for living as well, so I also must ask why others happen to be alive. We live on a dying planet. Everyday, we all get closer. When something is born, it begins to die, ever heard that expression? So everything MUST die, it just so happens that we are not helping anything as we are. So that person died in a cruel way. That is no different than something else dying in a cruel way, or dying in general. Human life is worth just as much as any other life. What is wrong with saying that?
Its the way it died, and what died. This wasn't an evil person who was viciously cannibalized, it was an innocent baby. Everything must die but thats just horribly unnecessary, a lot like its horribly unnecessary that animals die for us, but without the normalization and desentization that most people have about meat eating. And then, not only was it a vicious murder but it was by the hand of its mother. If human life is worth just as much as any other life, so why does animals dying bum you out but not human babies dying?
Old 07-28-2009, 12:46 PM   #20
Still Jack

Hey, If you ain't got nothing in the fridge!!! Grab a child, they're nourishing and tasty, get yourself a child today.
Still Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 02:06 PM   #21
Lord Whiskerton

Quote:

Lord Whiskerton, would you do the honours of marrying me?

-Zerachiel de Mark-
I am quite flattered, but I must deny your request. I am content with my marriage to Lady Whiskerton.
Lord Whiskerton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 02:59 PM   #22
Alarica

It's sick, and my initial reaction was one of shock, and hoping they would slowly torture the evil bitch to death. Then I read lord knows how many comments on the news posts, all in the womans favour. I dont give a fuck how depressed she was, or what non-existent 'voice' made her do it. She didn't just kill her innocent baby. She cut him up, ate his brain, and ripped his face off, amongst other things. Officers who went to the crime scene will have to live with the memory of that day, imprinted on their minds. All because some nut job was let loose and allowed to breed. What makes this vile cunt's actions worse is knowing other American women have done similar things to their children and were found not guilty due to insanity, so theres a very real possibility she'll get the same.

That's ok then. You are free to kill your children and the law will protect you as long as you can prove you are insane. Useful methods include 'Satan made me do it' 'I was doing it for god' and 'the voices told me to do it because the children were evil'.

I was a vegetarian until I lost my virginity, and a wise man said to me 'do you not feel guilty now, having had all that meat inside you?'
Alarica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 03:17 PM   #23
korinna5555

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haunted House View Post
Maybe she's a zombie.
Daba daba daba daba daba!
korinna5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 03:20 PM   #24
alyroi360

Like I said, Saya. I'm a terrible person. Babies... innocent, yes. I really don't like to be near babies because I'm afraid that I might hurt them. I don't know why it doesn't bother me to hear it, but it's just the way my mind works. I don't like to be near animals very often, either. I'm afraid that one day I'm actually going to give in to my mind and obey my thirst for blood. I'm a pretty awkward person when it comes to social health... But... I'm proud to say that I intend to stay in therapy and do my best not to hurt anyone. No worries, yet. If anybody slowly tortures me to death... I'll deserve it. I don't necessarily like what I've become.
Old 07-28-2009, 07:09 PM   #25
Lady Christine

Quote:
Like I said, Saya. I'm a terrible person. Babies... innocent, yes. I really don't like to be near babies because I'm afraid that I might hurt them. I don't know why it doesn't bother me to hear it, but it's just the way my mind works. I don't like to be near animals very often, either. I'm afraid that one day I'm actually going to give in to my mind and obey my thirst for blood. I'm a pretty awkward person when it comes to social health... But... I'm proud to say that I intend to stay in therapy and do my best not to hurt anyone. No worries, yet. If anybody slowly tortures me to death... I'll deserve it. I don't necessarily like what I've become.
I highly recommend talking to your therapist about treatments for sociopathic behavior, there are many anti-psychotics that are decently effective. What you're saying pings up sociopath for me.
Lady Christine is offline   Reply With Quote