Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

View Poll Results: ...
.. 0 0%
... 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 06:54 AM   #4126
LegendGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanePain
I just got a speeding ticket on the way into work this morning. Bleah.
Been there, done that, can sympathize. Did you get "The Lecture" too, or just the ticket?

"The Lecture" is where the cop tells you that you shouldn't be going that fast, and you should slow it down. Almost all of my speeding tickets have been on my bike, so "The Lecture" falls on deaf ears. I just stand there with my arms crossed, and wait for the officer to finish.
Old 07-26-2007, 07:55 AM   #4127
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendGirl
Been there, done that, can sympathize. Did you get "The Lecture" too, or just the ticket?

"The Lecture" is where the cop tells you that you shouldn't be going that fast, and you should slow it down. Almost all of my speeding tickets have been on my bike, so "The Lecture" falls on deaf ears. I just stand there with my arms crossed, and wait for the officer to finish.
The lecture AND the Dirty Look. I don't think she likes Goths. I was wearing all black and my spiked invasion boots.

Old 07-26-2007, 10:10 AM   #4128
Lapin

I, once again, was stopped by an MP last night for "breaking curfew". Curfew does not apply to me! I'm well over that age!

This MP and I went round and round, with me showing him my tattoo, my ID, and describing my courses to him before he believed I wasn't lying. Even after checking my ID, he made me recite my birthdate, my mother's midddle name, etc., all that info in the bar code.

I hate how I look! I'm too fucking old for this, but I still look like a fourteen-year-old! What do I have to do, get a full sleeve tattoo?!
Old 07-26-2007, 05:22 PM   #4129
raggedyanne

That actually might work ; )

Being summer break, I assumed I was allowed to sleep in. WRONG! Turns out my parents scheduled the tearout for my bathroom at 7 this morning. To make matters worse, this total dick from the highschool found a summer job, working with his dad's construction company. So one of the people who hates me the most saw me in smudged eyeliner, shorts, and looking really grungy. Grrrr!
At some point, you need to look yourself in the mirror and realize that what other people did to you does not define you as a person. You and your actions define who you are as a person. It's up to you to be a good person, in spite of all the evil you've faced. In fact, it should be because of the evil you see that it's good you do. Be the change you want in the world. Next time someone tells me that they're an asshole because they've had a bad life, I'm stabbing them in the eye with a spork.
Old 07-30-2007, 12:39 PM   #4130
LiUsAiDh

RRAAAAAAAAAAAWWWRRRR

Oh, ffs, what is it when you're all fine and your beliefs are sorted one little-teensy-wincy thing comes up and f***s them all up... Then the little problem snowballs and before you know it you see the wisdom in the complete opposite of what you believe... but still sympathise with your old belief...

And then ya just don't know what the hell to do.

*rips hair out*

Also nobody is really suitable to give advice on the subject and reading up on it just makes it alllllll a whole load worse.

Grrrrrr

Pie Jesu domine..... Donna eis requiem - *thwack*

'To become truly immortal, a work of art must escape all human limits: logic and common sense will only interfere. But once these barriers are broken, it will enter the realms of childhood visions and dreams.' - Giorgio de Chirico
Old 07-30-2007, 08:13 PM   #4131
dreamydancer

While I like to avoid sounding like the typical angsty teen I can't help myself at times. I'm so depressed out of my mind. Such a level of complete misery has never struck me to the core. You have no idea.

I won't be getting out for a while.

~Clan of Xymox
Old 07-30-2007, 08:18 PM   #4132
Godslayer Jillian

Fucking Darth Maul deserved to die.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Old 07-30-2007, 10:54 PM   #4133
deafasadoornail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
Fucking Darth Maul deserved to die.
Wait until you've seen that movie 12,543 times like I have. You'll kill him yourself, and his little dog too.

I'm kind of depressed because I don't like the direction my life is taking. Don't get me wrong -- nothing bad is happening to me. But nothing good either. I'm just going around and around in the same lame routine, like a cross between Stepford Wives and Groundhog Day.

Part of me just wants to get up and leave, but that would devastate my family and I'm not that selfish. So I just stay....and stay....and I'm really scared that I'm going to look back when I'm 60 and realize that my dedication wasn't worth it.
Old 07-31-2007, 01:27 AM   #4134
raggedyanne

I'm just an angsty suicidal teenage babybat who has to convince her parents and everyone else that she's not going to kill herself as soon as she tells her dearest friend that, yes, she is going to die before he is. Doesn't sound stressful at all.
At some point, you need to look yourself in the mirror and realize that what other people did to you does not define you as a person. You and your actions define who you are as a person. It's up to you to be a good person, in spite of all the evil you've faced. In fact, it should be because of the evil you see that it's good you do. Be the change you want in the world. Next time someone tells me that they're an asshole because they've had a bad life, I'm stabbing them in the eye with a spork.
Old 07-31-2007, 01:35 AM   #4135
disorder

I'm never going to have the guts to tell the guy I like how I feel
Old 07-31-2007, 01:37 AM   #4136
raggedyanne

I was in that same predicament last year, and he went off and dated a string of other women while he was convinced we were just best friends. I say go for it, the worst that could happen would you being single.
Old 07-31-2007, 01:58 AM   #4137
disorder

It's just that I don't really see the point, because I'm pretty sure he doesn't like me back. But a;obagbakjbgfjdbgkjb;kjabfgkjafbdg.
Old 07-31-2007, 06:27 AM   #4138
raggedyanne

Ah, shit; forgot what I was going to say.
Old 07-31-2007, 10:44 AM   #4139
Crying_Crimson_Tears

Okay so I used to have this friend.

Her mom got drunk last night and hit her. And this girl threw stuff at her mom. Things got way out of control so my dad called the state police before my friend got hurt.

And my friend got pissed at me for trying to help her and trying to prevent her from getting hurt.

Whatever.

-Zach Galifianakis
Old 07-31-2007, 10:09 PM   #4140
raggedyanne

Sometimes, people don't want help because it makes them feel like they aren't in control. With a life as out of control as your friend's seems, I'd say she's grasping for any last strings of control she's got.
Old 08-01-2007, 03:21 AM   #4141
HumanePain

Quote:
Originally Posted by disorder
It's just that I don't really see the point, because I'm pretty sure he doesn't like me back. But a;obagbakjbgfjdbgkjb;kjabfgkjafbdg.
Interest begets interest. I liked a girl in high school who didn't know me except that I was in the same crew with her girlfriend's boyfriend. She never would have known anything about my feelings, but I eventually got up the nerve to ask her to the homecoming dance, and we then ended up going to the Christmas formal and fell in love and had a great relationship for 18 months...until I was an ass and messed it up. Uh...ok, that didn't come out right. Yeah, forget it.

Old 08-01-2007, 03:22 AM   #4142
HumanePain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crying_Crimson_Tears
Okay so I used to have this friend.

Her mom got drunk last night and hit her. And this girl threw stuff at her mom. Things got way out of control so my dad called the state police before my friend got hurt.

And my friend got pissed at me for trying to help her and trying to prevent her from getting hurt.

Whatever.
You may have saved her life. You really were a true friend, because you did the right thing.

Old 08-01-2007, 06:53 AM   #4143
Crying_Crimson_Tears

Thanks Humane.

My therapist, my mom, and my dad all say I did the right thing. But it still hurts that she doesn't want to be my friend over this. All I did was care.

-Zach Galifianakis
Old 08-01-2007, 08:06 AM   #4144
honeythorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lapin
I, once again, was stopped by an MP last night for "breaking curfew". Curfew does not apply to me! I'm well over that age!

This MP and I went round and round, with me showing him my tattoo, my ID, and describing my courses to him before he believed I wasn't lying. Even after checking my ID, he made me recite my birthdate, my mother's midddle name, etc., all that info in the bar code.

I hate how I look! I'm too fucking old for this, but I still look like a fourteen-year-old! What do I have to do, get a full sleeve tattoo?!
YES! Go now and be inked from top to toe! I command thee!
Old 08-01-2007, 11:20 AM   #4145
Crying_Crimson_Tears

My friend no longer hates me.

She apologized for being hateful.

But now she blames my other best friend for this whole thing. But I am just gonna stay outta that mess.

-Zach Galifianakis
Old 08-01-2007, 12:38 PM   #4146
Lapin

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeythorn
YES! Go now and be inked from top to toe! I command thee!
Erm. No.

That would involve showing parts of my body to the local artists. Three attractive young brothers.

So...no. (turns red)
Old 08-01-2007, 12:49 PM   #4147
Crying_Crimson_Tears

*Laughs*

I wouldn't show my parts either.

-Zach Galifianakis
Old 08-01-2007, 05:56 PM   #4148
Aaroneet

I'm tired of religious bigotry, if only in terms of the stares people give you. While I haven't been on the receiving end of most religious bigotry, however much I've received has only irked me. I'm Jewish; get over it. I've tried to sugar-coat it with a false atheism, or even agnosticism, but God has a name in my mind. And I'm not saying it to be preachy; I've simply come to a realisation. I truly wanted to abandon the religion; when my mother made me go to temple, a few of the people I saw seemed to simply reinforce old stereotypes. Not only that, they were elitist; if you want to achieve peace with others, acting like your religion is superior doesn't help. All that aside, you can't forget who you are.
Old 08-01-2007, 07:19 PM   #4149
Crying_Crimson_Tears

I didn't get my RENT album today.
I forgot my deodorant at karate, so after my shower when I realized this, I have to now wear men's deodorant.
My now ex best friend decides she likes having a drunk as a mother and sics her on me after I tell my friend she needs help.
And now some people want to just pick a fight with me.

-Zach Galifianakis
Old 08-01-2007, 09:47 PM   #4150
Undead_Stagehand

My classmates seem to be away from their computers, and the summer work we're supposed to be working on together is, um, due in a month?! They are more over-achiever-ish than myself, so I'm surprised that they are not responding.