Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 05-06-2010, 07:32 PM   #1
EmmiePsyko

Greetings

Hello, I'm Emmie. Not being terribly original, I suppose I'll get on with these questions now.

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job) I'm an office wench for a small carpet cleaning company. (Love's Carpet Cleaning, to be exact. Friends are far too amused by this, given that I am a lesbian.) I'm currently looking for a new job, though. I'm a writer, a crafter (I make jewelry, bags, occasionally clothing, stuffed animals, home decor items, restore furniture found on street corners, and anything else that catches my interest), and a slight pothead. I also enjoy lurking in coffee shops, bookstores, libraries and parks, hanging out with friends drinking coffee and smoking too much, playing endless games of Scrabble, and going to Disneyland.

2. Where are you from? Downey, California. About 20 minutes south of Los Angeles.

3. Who is your favorite author? I'm more the type to pick up random books that look interesting, but I do enjoy Neil Gaiman, Alan Moore, Chuck Palahniuk, Tanith Lee, and Terry Pratchett. Stephen King and Laurell K. Hamilton (yes, yes, I know) are guilty pleasures. I also read amusement park guidebooks for fun.

4. What are your favorite films? Gia, Treasure Planet, the Pirates of the Caribbean trilogy, old slasher films, Watchmen. I'm not a big movie person and mostly watch whatever my friends have on.

5. What music do you want played at your wedding? I have no intention of getting married.

6. At your funeral? "Don't Fear The Reaper." Feel free to roll your eyes at me, I certainly did as I typed it. XD

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die? Either in my sleep, or so quickly I'm not even aware of it. I'm the type of person who writes nearly everything down, and the thought of not being able to record my dying thoughts really bothers me, so I would like to not have time to have any.

8. What kind of casket would you want? I've never really given it much thought.

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit? I've done a lot of moving around in the past couple years, including spending several months living out of my van. Most of my clothing was either lost, sold, or donated during this time, so I mostly go about in jeans and t-shirts or tank tops now. I'm slowly beginning to rebuild my wardrobe now.

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid? Nothing, really.

11. What's your favorite band? Barenaked Ladies, actually. Don't judge me. I have fairly diverse taste in music and enjoy the silly and humourous just as much as the dark and spooky.

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major? I'm some six units away from having my associate's degree and will be returning to school this summer. I keep debating my major, but I think I've settled on psychology.

13. Why did you join? To meet interesting new people, and have another pleasant diversion on the intarwebs.

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender? Female.
EmmiePsyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 06:46 AM   #2
blindNsect

Jolie was a major slut in Gia. Barenaked Ladies are extremely creative.
blindNsect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 06:47 AM   #3
blindNsect

hmmm...I also make jewelry and am a slight pothead
blindNsect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 10:26 AM   #4
ape descendant

ROFL YES!! Hi!! Welcome and hello!!

Be Kind
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote