Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 02-24-2010, 02:20 PM   #1
opie

Hard to make a living.

I'm so tired of going to work everyday to find myself standing around, waiting for a broken car to come in. It's so dead at work. I'm a mechanic, and I get paid on commission. If I'm not fixing a car, I'm not getting paid. Its been so slow around my area the past several months. It's making it real hard to raise my two boys. I'm ready to get creative with supplementary income! Frustration and depression are setting in, and bills are stacking up.
opie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 09:52 PM   #2
Pineapple_Juice

I need a tune-up. I have twelve dollars. Can you help me?
Old 02-24-2010, 11:00 PM   #3
the-nihilist

You'll have to go out and make work for yourself. Go forth and start sabotaging vehicles.
Old 02-25-2010, 08:11 AM   #4
Stormtrooper of Death

I'm a mechanic too, but I get paid hourly, it's nice this time of year, but seriously, commission sucks ass, my Dad works on commission.
Old 02-25-2010, 08:42 AM   #5
Still Jack

It's only hard to make a living if you stay clean.
Old 02-25-2010, 08:48 AM   #6
Amunet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Jack View Post
It's only hard to make a living if you stay clean.
There's a sad sad truth in this.

Try a career in being a Gang-Banger....

You may have more luck.

The middle class suffers the most, especially the middle class trying to walk the straight and narrow.

Good luck
Amunet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 09:18 AM   #7
Despanan

Um, NO. The Lower class suffers the most, regardless of the path they're trying to walk. That's kinda in the definition of "lower class".

The Middle Class is just better about being whiny, and has been filled with a false sense of entitlement due to being constantly courted by whatever politician is trying to get elected at the time.

Stop being so emo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger
I have chugged more than ten epic boners.
Despanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 09:26 AM   #8
Amunet

I'm sorry Despanan, I have to disagree with you there.
Lower class are the people sitting on their asses popping out children and getting welfare, and all the help they can get from the state.
Then they use their money on heroin and crack, and don't support their children, and they're using my tax dollars to do it, but when I a "lower-middle class" person, needs assistance with health care, or any kind of help at all, I don't qualify because on "paper" I make too much, without them giving a crap about what I pay out to what I take in. Normally, I don't bitch about it because I LIKE to work for what I have, but Lower class has the benefit of assistance from hard working people like myself and others.

I'm not saying every situation is like this, But I sure as hell know a LOT of people personally who are doing exactly this.
Middle class is suffering more than ANYONE else at this point and time.
I don't know what your living conditions are, but I know what mine are. I see the proof every day.
Old 02-25-2010, 10:51 AM   #9
Daywalker

[quote=Amunet;604439]I'm sorry Despanan, I have to disagree with you there.
Lower class are the people sitting on their asses popping out children and getting welfare.
lolI think there's more to that. They don't just pop out. Or do theay?......
Daywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 11:13 AM   #10
JCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amunet View Post
I'm sorry Despanan, I have to disagree with you there.
Lower class are the people sitting on their asses popping out children and getting welfare, and all the help they can get from the state.
Then they use their money on heroin and crack, and don't support their children, and they're using my tax dollars to do it, but when I a "lower-middle class" person, needs assistance with health care, or any kind of help at all, I don't qualify because on "paper" I make too much, without them giving a crap about what I pay out to what I take in. Normally, I don't bitch about it because I LIKE to work for what I have, but Lower class has the benefit of assistance from hard working people like myself and others.

I'm not saying every situation is like this, But I sure as hell know a LOT of people personally who are doing exactly this.
Middle class is suffering more than ANYONE else at this point and time.
I don't know what your living conditions are, but I know what mine are. I see the proof every day.
Die in a hole, you absolute fucking idiot.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 11:22 AM   #11
Amunet

oh god. let it go jcc.

fuck you because I've been lower class, growing up and I know first fucking hand. So shut the fuck up unless you know what you're talking about.

No one can say shit unless you've lived it and you know.

This person who posted is talking about it being hard to make a living these days, and thats absolutely 100 percent true. especially for those in middle class living. the paycheck to paycheck people, people that are struggling getting no help, doing everything on their own, some of us dont even ask for help, we know it wont happen.

because at least in this part of the world you have to be lazy and co dependent and you can get all the free fucking money you want.

Don't care if you think that's not the truth, it is the truth. I'm sympathetic to people who can't better themselves above that, but doesn't mean I agree that they shouldn't be FORCED to get up and work for a change, meanwhile the people who do work should be able to qualify for some assistance WHEN it's necessary, and not as to have ANYONE be dependent on the assistance for survival always. You should be fully capable of taking care of yourself, and not take advantage of government funding. It's wrong. Working for what you have is important.

truth is we will always have people mooching because they can't fend for themselves and its disgusting.
Old 02-25-2010, 11:25 AM   #12
JCC

Quote:
oh god. let it go jcc.

fuck you because I've been lower class, growing up and I know first fucking hand. So shut the fuck up unless you know what you're talking about.

This person who posted is talking about it being hard to make a living these days, and thats absolutely 100 percent true. especially for those in middle class living. the paycheck to paycheck people, people that are struggling getting no help, doing everything on their own, some of us dont even ask for help, we know it wont happen.

because at least in this part of the world you have to be lazy and co dependent and you can get all the free fucking money you want.

Don't care if you think that's not the truth, it is the truth. I'm sympathetic to people who can't better themselves above that, but doesn't mean I agree that they shouldn't be FORCED to get up and work for a change, meanwhile the people who do work should be able to qualify for some assistance WHEN it's necessary, and not as to have ANYONE be dependent on the assistance for survival always. You should be fully capable of taking care of yourself, and not take advantage of government funding. It's wrong. Working for what you have is important.

truth is we will always have people mooching because they can't fend for themselves and its disgusting.
Hi Ron Paul. What's that? Communism is on our doorstep? Fancy.
Old 02-25-2010, 11:28 AM   #13
Ben Lahnger

Quote:
That doesn't seem to be the case in Atlanta, where there are those billboards up complaining that African American women are having way too many abortions.

Anyway, to the OP's point - it is tough all over. My SO got laid off August of '09. In September she got a job lined up and I got laid off. Her new job ended up actually paying a little less than unemployment was paying her. Soon they cut her hours back and then they laid her off in December. So now we are both collecting unemployment benefits.

We're both middle class and we both are tempted to complain about how rough things are, but I know better. I still have Wi-Fi and cable TV in my apartment. I eat well and have a very comfortable life. I want to be working, but I know it's not that bad.

I know this because I did a little research a while back and found out that the average income for wage earners in the world is $7000 per year. That's the average. The people on the low end live in countries where they take home hundreds of dollars per year. That's just plain scary.

But that's not to say your situation isn't real. With the expenses of raising those two boys and those bills stacking up, it IS tough.

I count myself lucky in that I anticipated the economic downturn and got myself out of some debt before it hit. My car is old but paid for and I've managed my expenses pretty well. I wish you good luck and success navigating your financial course.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 11:31 AM   #14
Daywalker

Quote:
oh god. let it go jcc.

This person who posted is talking about it being hard to make a living these days, and that's absolutely 100 percent true. especially for those in middle class living. the paycheck to paycheck people, people that are struggling getting no help, doing everything on their own, some of us don't even ask for help, we know it wont happen.

Jcc.your rebuttal please
Old 02-25-2010, 11:36 AM   #15
Amunet

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC View Post
Hi Ron Paul. What's that? Communism is on our doorstep? Fancy.
what? I never said anything about communism.
I don't see how anyone could be ok just handing people money to live when they don't work for it. If it's necessary to honestly help someone, I'm all for it. Fuck I do that myself, help people who need it. Thats what people should do for each other. I don't agree with the fact that too many people take and take and take and never put back in because they're lazy. This is obvious, so chill a lil there tiger. No one is preaching communism is ok here.
Old 02-25-2010, 11:43 AM   #16
Daywalker

Karl Marx for president!
Old 02-25-2010, 11:52 AM   #17
the-nihilist

So, I hear Congress is talking about bringing back Debtors' Prison. Perhaps some indentured slave labor will get us out of this economic slump.
Old 02-25-2010, 11:53 AM   #18
JCC

Quote:
what? I never said anything about communism.
I don't see how anyone could be ok just handing people money to live when they don't work for it. If it's necessary to honestly help someone, I'm all for it. Fuck I do that myself, help people who need it. Thats what people should do for each other. I don't agree with the fact that too many people take and take and take and never put back in because they're lazy. This is obvious, so chill a lil there tiger. No one is preaching communism is ok here.
Your reading comprehension is almost as weak as your understanding of the class system.
Old 02-25-2010, 11:58 AM   #19
Daywalker

TO HELP EVERY ONE UNDERSTAND
Forms of Government explained using cows

FEUDALISM: You have two cows. Your lord takes some of the milk.

FASCISM: You have two cows. The government takes both, hires you to take care of them, and sells you the milk.

PURE COMMUNISM: You have two cows. Your neighbors help you take care of them, and you all share the milk.

APPLIED COMMUNISM: You have two cows. You have to take care of them, but the government takes all the milk.

DICTATORSHIP: You have two cows. The government takes both and shoots you.

MILITARISM: You have two cows. The government takes both and drafts you.

SINGAPOREAN DEMOCRACY: You have two cows. The government fines you for keeping two unlicensed farm animals in an apartment.

PURE DEMOCRACY: You have two cows. Your neighbors decide who gets the milk.

REPRESENTATIVE DEMOCRACY: You have two cows. Your neighbors pick someone to tell you who gets the milk.

AMERICAN DEMOCRACY: The government promises to give you two cows if you vote for it. After the election, the president is impeached for speculating in cow futures. The press dubs the affair "Cowgate".

BRITISH DEMOCRACY: You have two cows. You feed them sheeps' brains and they go mad. The government doesn't do anything.

BUREAUCRACY: You have two cows. At first the government regulates what you can feed them and when you can milk them. Then it pays you not to milk them. After that it takes both, shoots one, milks the other and pours the milk down the drain. Then it requires you to fill out forms accounting for the missing cows.

CAPITALISM: You have two cows. You sell one and buy a bull.

HONG KONG CAPITALISM: You have two cows. You sell three of them to your publicly-listed company, using letters of credit opened by your brother-in-law at the bank, then execute a debt/equity swap with an associated general offer so that you get all four cows back, with a tax deduction for keeping five cows. The milk rights of six cows are transferred via a Panamanian intermediary to a Cayman Islands company secretly owned by the majority shareholder, who sells the right to all seven cows' milk back to the listed company. The annual report says that the company owns eight cows, with an option on one more. Meanwhile, you kill the two cows because of bad fung shui.

FEMINISM: You have two cows. they get married and adopt a calf.

TOTALITARIANISM: You have two cows. The government takes them and denies they ever existed. Milk is banned.

POLITICAL CORRECTNESS: You are "associated with" (the concept of 'ownership' is a symbol of the phallocentric, warmongering, intolerant past) two differently aged (but no less valuable to society) bovines of non-specified gender.

SURREALISM: You have two giraffes. The government requires you to take harmonica lessons.

COUNTERCULTURE: Wow, dude, there's like...these two cows, an. You have **got** to have some of this milk.
Old 02-25-2010, 12:09 PM   #20
Amunet

Its about the concept. I don't give a flying fuck what its called, I know what it is,

Here I'll break it down for you.

Lower class to me= poor, homeless, usually on welfare, WIC, EBT(food stamps), usually junkies, people who have given up trying, or who were brought into this world that way and continue this path, lazy, OCCASIONALLY people end up here due to circumstances beyond their control.

Middle class to me- paycheck to paycheck, barely making ends meet, generally in debt, trying, working generally way more than 40 hours a week

Upper class to me- fortunate, wealthy, generally somewhere alone the line someone worked hard, business owners, etc etc....

There is gray area in every class, but how can anyone honestly say that generally these descriptions are not correct?

So in my opinion and from my life experience and observations, I see that the Middle class struggles more in life than the other two because they work hard for what they have and they don't normally have any help doing it.

my opinion. Dont care if you agree or not. This is what I grew up seeing and living and that can't be invalidated because it's true in my life.
Old 02-25-2010, 12:15 PM   #21
Daywalker

Thank you for the easy play by play.
Old 02-25-2010, 12:16 PM   #22
JCC

Quote:
my opinion. Dont care if you agree or not. This is what I grew up seeing and living and that can't be invalidated because it's true in my life.
It's not a matter of opinion. You said 'the lower class is this and this', that is a declarative statement and you were wrong on all counts. Saying 'to me' like whether a certain group of people being lazy layabout drug addicts is subjective does not change that.
Old 02-25-2010, 12:19 PM   #23
Amunet

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC View Post
It's not a matter of opinion. You said 'the lower class is this and this', that is a declarative statement and you were wrong on all counts. Saying 'to me' like whether a certain group of people being lazy layabout drug addicts is subjective does not change that.
I am not wrong on all accounts here in AMERICA Jcc. Come live here and find out for yourself.

Don't tell someone how things are until you've lived it and experienced it yourself. You couldn't possibly understand otherwise.
Some things your studies can't teach you. They are what they are in most cases, go see for yourself if you don't believe me.
Old 02-25-2010, 12:24 PM   #24
Daywalker

You got a good point first hand is the best experience you can get.
Old 02-25-2010, 12:28 PM   #25
Saya

No, anecdotal information does not make her a sociologist about lower class people.

And she doesn't know what lower class means.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote