Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 01-24-2007, 01:23 AM   #1
Tripitaka

Tripitaka, Greets and Gives Pffefernusse

Greetings, All Gothy or not so Gothy Gothic Net forumers,My alias is Monique and I come with Pfferfernusse (German Gingerbread Cookies.)

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job)
Business Management Student. Currently looking for part time work. to help support myself. My interests include : Literature, Theatre, Music, Vampyres, Druidry ( & all things witchy) and History.

2. Where are you from?
Newcastle, Australia - A few hours away from Sydney.

3. Who is your favorite author?
Thats a tricky question, depends on which Genre you're looking at. I do have a favourite book though, Tipping the Velvet by Sarah Waters.

4. What are your favorite films?
Dracula!

5. What music do you want played at your wedding?
Raunchy song : Perfect Drug by NIN
Romantic song: Disease by Ayria

6. At your funeral?
Die my Bride - Murderdolls (for the pure kitschy-ness of the song, so perky - I just the love the irony!)

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die?
In romantic little fantasy - killed by my sexy vampire husband, - you fill in the gaps.

8. What kind of casket would you want?
Aspiring to the romance of the 'death' of Snow White, i'm going to have to say a Stunning well crafted in-graved Glass casket.

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit?
Don't have a favourite outfit., my vavourite pieces of clothing include my gothic-style tutu, my black frock coat & my 'fuck off' t-shirt complete with oriental characters.

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid?
Playing with Dolls, I suppose. I had a rather shitty childhood, so in reality I don't miss much about being a child once again.

11. What's your favorite band?
My favourite band of which Genre? At the moment I'm adoring Depeche Mode and my latest love Stark's EP - Wield

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major?
I completed my higher school certificate a few years ago. Since then i've studied Natural Therapies, Business Admin and Costume Design.

13. Why did you join?
Alike most people, I got bored I joined. I've known about the site for ages - my usual sites are dead to the world. So I thought fuck it i'll join.

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender?
Lady or Ladette :P

Last edited by Tripitaka; 01-24-2007 at 01:24 AM. Reason: shocking spelling mistakes - sorry!
Tripitaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 01:30 AM   #2
Tron2ksa

very nice to meet you, i'm new to the site as well! ()_()
its kinda weird we posted our intros at almost the (-_-)
same time . well i hope you have agood day ^_^ () ()_ ),
Tron2ksa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 01:53 AM   #3
Tripitaka

thanking you muchly, I'm a babybat reincarniated -sweet!
Old 01-24-2007, 05:59 AM   #4
Midnight_Fantasy

Hi Welcome to gnet.. Which Dracula do you like? I like Bela Lugosi as Dracula.
Midnight_Fantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 07:57 AM   #5
Toxic_Envy

Welcome!!!!!
Toxic_Envy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 05:08 PM   #6
Magpie_Tendencies

Hey! You're from Newcastle? I love it there. though to be fair I only passed through briefly a couple of years back when we got flooded out of our motel room whilst on a family holiday.

Welcome
Old 01-24-2007, 05:11 PM   #7
Godslayer Jillian

Welcome. Can I ask you a question?
I'm struggling between getting a major in either marketing or business administration. Can you tell me about your studies and if I should go into business administration?

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 08:30 PM   #8
Tripitaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
Welcome. Can I ask you a question?
I'm struggling between getting a major in either marketing or business administration. Can you tell me about your studies and if I should go into business administration?
I don't know how much help, I'll be, but i'll try. Ask yourself why you want to either one, how flexible will it be in terms of, what is important to you? For a long time, I was considering going into Business Marketing - then I realised that I had issues with potential clients. Oh well - apart from trusting your gut instinct, I can't really offer that much advice.
Good luck!
Old 01-24-2007, 08:32 PM   #9
Tripitaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight_Fantasy
Hi Welcome to gnet.. Which Dracula do you like? I like Bela Lugosi as Dracula.
Sadly, I haven't seen that version yet - damned isolation.
Pretty sad isn't it! Although I do think Mr Oldman does look rather sexy as Dracula!
Once I buy a new dvd player - i'll look out for it, and buy me that darling little Monkey Magic box set, i've been eyeing off for the last few months.
Old 01-25-2007, 04:43 AM   #10
Midnight_Fantasy

I like Gary Oldman too...I forgot about him playing Dracula, mind you it's been awhile since I've watched them.
Midnight_Fantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 05:23 PM   #11
Clockwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripitaka
8. What kind of casket would you want?
Aspiring to the romance of the 'death' of Snow White, i'm going to have to say a Stunning well crafted in-graved Glass casket.
Ew, but after a while your corpse would be all rotted and disgusting to look at. The glass won't be so charming then <_< Unless you get doctors to preserve you, but I imagine that'd be a rare/expensive job. Worth it for the thematic value, though, if you can get it done.

Welcome.