Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 05-04-2020, 12:09 PM   #1
UnderwaterOphelia

Hey guys.

Just seeing how this place has been doin'

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job)
I'm about to finish school! Then, god willing, I'mma get me a teaching job. I like to write, I play a baritone ukulele. I also have cancer, so like, I rest a lot, haha.

2. Where are you from?
Originally a farm in Pennsylvania, but I live in Alaska now!

3. Who is your favorite author?
You know, I don't know. Maybe Leslie Marmon Silko. I like reading textbooks, I like reading science fiction, I like reading poetry. I just read Moving Mars (Greg Bear), that was pretty sick. My favorite poet is Edna St. Vincent Millay.

4. What are your favorite films?
Wet Hot American Summer, Heathers, Jawbreaker. I liked Annihilation. Oh yeah, my favorite movie is probably Arrival, can't believe I forgot.

5. What music do you want played at your wedding?
I'm married! It was really great, we got married at the court house and then went to open mic in Seward and our buddies were all there. Made a big deal. So I listened to local music/friends playing covers at open mic on my wedding night, it was perfect.

6. At your funeral?
I don't care, I guess. Or the Smiths.

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die?
Having cancer makes this question hilarious to me. Like, I don't care, as long as it isn't soon and I'm not panicking or screaming or on my knees.

8. What kind of casket would you want?
None, if I have my druthers I'll be thrown into a ditch naked.

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit?
I wear wild shit all the time, I don't know.

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid?
Living on the farm, but I'm definitely happier as an adult than I was as a child.

11. What's your favorite band?
Eeeeeuuuuuuughhhhhhh I don't knooooow. I love Morrissey, I love the Banshees. I love Depeche Mode. Garbage, the Beatles, Hop Along, other dope stuff, I don't know.

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major?
I'm an English major, and I hope to start grad school this fall or next spring. Next spring probably more realistic.

13. Why did you join?
Boredom/to see if any of my pals are around, and how they're doing. It's been a long time.

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender?
Lol, this didn't age well, did it?
UnderwaterOphelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 11:07 PM   #2
TrivialMorose

Welcome... back?

It's nice to see a name from the old tombstones resurface, but how are "we" to know if "you" aren't just a lizard in human skin? Or a clone, or some other sinister thing?

Something like this?

Not that it would make any difference, either way. I'm just very glad that anyone's here. And I envy you being an English major. I wish I wasn't a turd. I sometimes think I might have cancer, too, but I'm sure as H not gonna get that checked out. Besides, the plague will likely get us both before anything else will.

My apologies for replying in your beautiful thread.
TrivialMorose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 08:00 PM   #3
UnderwaterOphelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrivialMorose View Post
Welcome... back?

It's nice to see a name from the old tombstones resurface, but how are "we" to know if "you" aren't just a lizard in human skin? Or a clone, or some other sinister thing?
Thanks. It's been a long time.

Lol, because no one would claim to be me who wasn't actually me
Old 05-05-2020, 09:56 PM   #4
TrivialMorose

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderwaterOphelia View Post
Thanks. It's been a long time.

Lol, because no one would claim to be me who wasn't actually me
Perhaps... But with these types you can never tell:

Old 05-05-2020, 11:32 PM   #5
shadowynne

Greetings.
shadowynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 11:20 AM   #6
UnderwaterOphelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowynne View Post
Greetings.
Hiya.

I have to lengthen my message, so:

How's the boards been? I left for the last time I think in 2011-2012, seems like most of us did. Does it cycle, or is this recent?
Old 05-06-2020, 08:20 PM   #7
Morphine13

About me

Hey all you gothic beuties! Boy how I wish I knew about this place sooner. It's pretty cool! I wont mention my age but definetely an elder goth. I hate keepers. I feel there are alot who are like this. My music selection is very eclectic. I love Project Pitchfork, VNV NATION, Sisters Of Mercy, Dead Can Dance, Bach, IC3PEAK, God Module, Human Drama, Die Krupp. Should I keep going? I love finding new music too. But I cant seem too keep up! My style is I guess mostly casual goth. But I like alittle of something from all the styles in the gothic subculture. I enjoy reading, going for long walks at night. Boy I guess I'm just your everyday boring goth!
Morphine13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 08:27 PM   #8
Morphine13

About me

Hey all you gothic beuties! Boy how I wish I knew about this place sooner. It's pretty cool! I wont mention my age but definetely an elder goth. I hate gate keepers. I feel there are alot who are like this. My music selection is very eclectic. I love Project Pitchfork, VNV NATION, Sisters Of Mercy, Dead Can Dance, Bach, IC3PEAK, God Module, Human Drama, Die Krupp. Should I keep going? I love finding new music too. But I cant seem too keep up! My style is I guess mostly casual goth. But I like alittle of something from all the styles in the gothic subculture. I enjoy reading, going for long walks at night. Boy I guess I'm just your everyday boring goth!
Morphine13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 09:29 PM   #9
TrivialMorose

Hello and welcome to the graveyard, fresh cadaver Morphine13.

Man, I once ordered a God Module CD, but it got lost in the mail. Wish I had a nickle every time a CD got lost in the mail. I would've wasted a tiny bit less money on them than I have now.
We've even lost a couple rarities from this earth by this sinister means, of that I am a tiny bit bitter. Euph You See Kay all the postal offices of the world.
Old 05-07-2020, 10:20 AM   #10
shadowynne

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderwaterOphelia View Post
Hiya.

I have to lengthen my message, so:

How's the boards been? I left for the last time I think in 2011-2012, seems like most of us did. Does it cycle, or is this recent?
It cycles... To an extent. This by far is the deadest it has ever been.

And morphine13, hello.
Old 05-07-2020, 03:12 PM   #11
UnderwaterOphelia

Quote:
It cycles... To an extent. This by far is the deadest it has ever been.

And morphine13, hello.
Well, I don't feel like going and reading your bio, but what's up? Who are you? What's your favorite band/singer/whatever/style?
Old 05-08-2020, 01:56 AM   #12
shadowynne

Hm.

Darkwave, dark folk, industrial, but to be honest I have quite a wide musical palette.

Romantic/victoriana style goth lapsed into dark hobo.

I am well.

I am a sculptor/metal worker by trade.
Old 05-08-2020, 01:56 PM   #13
UnderwaterOphelia

Quote:
Hm.

Darkwave, dark folk, industrial, but to be honest I have quite a wide musical palette.

Romantic/victoriana style goth lapsed into dark hobo.

I am well.

I am a sculptor/metal worker by trade.
Cool.

Anything folky usually rubs me the wrong way after about an hour, but maybe that's because we have sooo much of that kind of thing influencing every scene up here in AK.
Old 10-17-2020, 03:46 AM   #14
Jack.The.Knife

For what it's worth, I'm sorry to hear you have cancer.
Jack.The.Knife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 03:07 PM   #15
Geoluhread

Hey Ophelia. It's interesting that we're slowly creeping back here. I kept an eye on the forums, popping in every year or so. For a couple of years ('17 or '18) it was full of spam and bots promoting random stuff. So everyone stopped coming.

While we did not necessarily agree on everything back in the day, I am glad to see you here again. I am really sorry to hear you have cancer.
"I've an idea. Why don't we play a little game. Let's pretend that we're human beings, and that we're actually alive. Just for a while. What do you say? Let's pretend we're human. Oh, brother, it's such a long time since I was with anyone who got enthusiastic about anything."
Jack Osborne

add me on
Geoluhread is offline   Reply With Quote