Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Politics
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics "Under democracy, one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule -and both commonly succeed, and are right." -H.L. Menken

View Poll Results: Do you agree with this 'ban'?
It's understandable 16 8.56%
It's B.S.! (that's what I have to say about it anyway..) 140 74.87%
Don't really care.. 31 16.58%
Voters: 187. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-27-2005, 01:10 PM   #151
Shadow-God

Never mind.
Shadow-God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2005, 08:57 PM   #152
Jane13

Hi Peter!

Eh... the other day I wore a purple wig with cat ears to school.. toward the end of the day the "school defense administrator"(I call her "arian ideal lady", because she's really tall and thin and has a long blond ponytail and wears really high military style pants tucked into her shoes) told me I had to take it off... if anyone has ever worn a wig, you know what a pain that would be... anywho, none of the other teachers or hall moniters cared, so I just left it on (World history with Rivana Abel rocks!).

She really doesn't like our group, and automaitically assumes everything we do is meant to piss her off. We're not all goths... in fact there are only about five goths, but we're a large group. We are artists, musicians, goths, punk (just one ), hippies, conspiracy theorists, intellectuals, individuals, crossdressers,GBL, and so on. A while ago she said we couldn't eat outside because "we left trash", even though the trash was there because people were throwing it at us! You can't listen to Duke Ellington 8track tapes or play guitars, drums, mandolins, violins, or melodicas, or sit in a way in which at least eight people can have a conversation when we're forced to sit at those awfull tables inside! That and people look at us funny inside... we're like a little nomadic tribe that just wants to keep to themselves and not bother anybody, but everyone gets mad at us anyway.

I know this probably belongs in whining, but I thought it had to to with the thread... *sigh* rock and rose, I feel like a whiney little brat after your post, but it's the principal of the matter.. no one seemed bothered by us, and we weren't trying to bother anyone...
"There's straw in his brains and his clothing is stained with mice and small newts and the perfectly maimed. Don't look under his hood in the place where he stood or you'll find yourself running from the rook in the wood."
-Cinema Strange
Jane13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 11:14 PM   #153
Sakred_Winter

I'm suspended from school for 3 days (today, monday, and tuesday. monday is halloween. I hate that place. I dont get to dressup and go to that shithole for halloween and I wasnt allowed to go to the halloween dance tonight. so Im getting trashed tonight..) The computer nazi cut me off the internet for going to an art site with a profane name (www.gardenofwhores.com) didnt mean to, just looking for graphics. Ive been off the net since sept. I have a report to do in Biology, and I call the computer nazi a stupid bitch. I thought he liked me and I dont know how many times I yelled FUCK in the middle of his idiotic class (creationist biology teacher. doesnt believe in gravity, or that it is essential to the survival of the human race. doesnt believe in global warming or evolution. you get the point I hope) But I tolerated him. He sent me to the office. I havent had my medicine for over a week and I had a panic attack in the hall and started crying. My aunt (the ass. principal) dragged me form the guidance office to her office to the guidance office. I tried to leave, I couldnt breath and I was freaking out. She practically dragged me back into the school and down to the nurse's office. Its the only time I lost it in school. I was screaming in the nurse's office and pulling at my hair to keep myself from crying, because I felt so weak. I was dragged back up to the guidance office and then spent the rest of the 20min of the day in the ass. principal's office. They made me tell them the names of the boys that constantly pick on me. I dont care about them. Its the school administration that gave them the incentive to once again relentlessly pick on me. With them banning the Goth dress in school because its "distracting" gave them a reason to start picking on me again. My mom wants me to graduate, but I dont know how much more I can take...
Sakred_Winter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 02:05 AM   #154
OdinicRite

Discrimination is something that will always exist. Whether it is racial, religious, cultural, musical, etc.... To let it bother you is human, but to let it control you will destroy you, because you will find it all throughout your life anywhere you go to. Because of the fact that you choose to live outside of the social standards of the modern world you should be prepared for this discrimination. It is natural for a group of people to look upon something that they do not understand or participate in with fear and therefore they discriminte against these things.

-Axl
OdinicRite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 03:14 AM   #155
mortalitas incomitatus

on my campuss in high school there was 1000 students, i was the only goth.
but i never suffered any discrimination because all the fuckers were too scared of me to say anything.
hahaha
once one guy said something to me and i put him in a choke hold.
haha stupid narrowminded loser never said another word to me.....

*another eliter*
mortalitas incomitatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 09:27 AM   #156
OdinicRite

As my school was, it was a smalltown in which most of the people there are farmers of some sort. I was one of only a few people that even listened to heavy metal in my school. I caught a lot of heat and trouble for it while in school and even since I have graduated. I usually laughed and went on when they said things. Most learned very quickly that they were stupid and kind of crazy for their actions against me when they started to pick fights and attack me. But to be gothic and be pissed when people discriminate against you is almost comic. To openly be different just to be pissed when that difference is vocalized by someone except yourself shows that you wanted that discrimination in the first place.

-Axl
Old 10-31-2005, 09:36 AM   #157
Peter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OdinicRite
But to be gothic and be pissed when people discriminate against you is almost comic. To openly be different just to be pissed when that difference is vocalized by someone except yourself shows that you wanted that discrimination in the first place.

-Axl
I'm not sure that really follows. A difference being vocalised, and discrimination are two very different kettles of elephants, and while I can see how dressing less mainstream and then expecting no-one to comment would be silly, dressing less mainstream is not wanting discrimination.
Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 10:09 AM   #158
OdinicRite

True, but most of these cases of "discrimination" is mearly others vocalizing their views on the way that you physically present yourself. To be pissed because of the fact that you are not allowed by school administration and others to participate in something because of the way you look is understandible and right, but to be surprised because of their actions is comic. You know that because of the way you look you are casting yourself out of the social norm and that is part of why you do it, to be different. But to be "surprised" because of the obvious reactions to the way that you are different is comical and almost annoying. Fight the administrative element that is discriminating against you, yes. But be surprised that the more open you are about being said "gothic" you are treated worse(in some cases, they got used to me and didn't care anymore being that I wasn't just out looking for trouble-I live in the bible belt) to be surprised is wrong. Understand what I am saying?

-Axl
Old 10-31-2005, 02:20 PM   #159
Peter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OdinicRite
True, but most of these cases of "discrimination" is mearly others vocalizing their views on the way that you physically present yourself. To be pissed because of the fact that you are not allowed by school administration and others to participate in something because of the way you look is understandible and right, but to be surprised because of their actions is comic. You know that because of the way you look you are casting yourself out of the social norm and that is part of why you do it, to be different. But to be "surprised" because of the obvious reactions to the way that you are different is comical and almost annoying. Fight the administrative element that is discriminating against you, yes. But be surprised that the more open you are about being said "gothic" you are treated worse(in some cases, they got used to me and didn't care anymore being that I wasn't just out looking for trouble-I live in the bible belt) to be surprised is wrong. Understand what I am saying?

-Axl
Yeah, I can understand what you're saying, and I do agree, however, I feel that perhaps you're being a little too harsh. I'm not exactly a youngster, yet it still surprises me how large a reaction to essentially superficial things (such as, not following fashion, or wearing sensible outdoor clothes in the rain, or even less obviously, red shoes) people can get. While we all carry sometimes petty prejudices against certain forms of dress I think that many people over-react to ridiculous proportions, but before I get sidetracked, my main point,

I don't think even this form of quite mild discrimination deserves to be surrounded by Mr. Quoty - equality is equality, and while at some point I do think you just have to grin and bear it, there really is a lot we should kick upa fuss about. While of course society is far from ideal where no-one is judged by appearance, the time you're being educated before going in to 'the real world' should be the last bastion of self-expression, a place in the world more tolerant than others (obviously I'm speaking more of college and university environments rather than school, but I'd like to see it more in schools). Remember if at any point we stop complaining and pointing out the little petty ways people try to stop us and discriminate over something so superficial they will believe it to be perfectly acceptable.

To draw in a rather extreme comparison, feminism didn't stop with just being able to wear trousers, vote, and getting equal pay, and for good reason.

Not that I mean to direct this to you personally, but it strikes me as odd the sort of thing people are willing to put up with and be okay about when they simply decide to put on a black t-shirt with Siouxsie and The Banshees emblazoned on it rather than the latest fashion.
Old 10-31-2005, 02:24 PM   #160
Peter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane13
Hi Peter!

Eh... the other day I wore a purple wig with cat ears to school.. toward the end of the day the "school defense administrator"(I call her "arian ideal lady", because she's really tall and thin and has a long blond ponytail and wears really high military style pants tucked into her shoes) told me I had to take it off... if anyone has ever worn a wig, you know what a pain that would be... anywho, none of the other teachers or hall moniters cared, so I just left it on (World history with Rivana Abel rocks!).
On a lighter note, purple wig with cat ears! I'd say that's probably going a bit far really though.
Old 11-01-2005, 11:46 AM   #161
Sakred_Winter

It doesn't bother me that people make fun of me and belittle me. I.e. yesterday, for halloween, the seniors dress up for halloween. I wasnt there because I was suspended. But alot of the people, mostly alot younger than me, that stand up and defend me said there were a bunch of the redneck/preps dressed in shirts with proud to be pagan, I love lucifer and a bunch of "Hello, my name is: (rebel,pagan,666,evil,ect.)" tags on. I wore an Proud to be Pagan shirt to school once and they were all making fun of me. One of the boys even dressed up as a chick. And that does not bother me at all. Like I told my mom when I found out "It only reinforces my opinion that preps are stupid." And I dont even believe that totally. Im actually cool with alot of the preps, its mostly just that group of idiotic, immature boys. And Im happy they have nothing better to do with their lives than to think up elaborate ways to make fun of me. From my experience, Im the center of their world.

What bothers me most about the discrimination in my school (I live on the bible belt as well, yay) is the administration. I can no longer participate on the internet at school. The computer nazi says that it was because of profane language, but when I went to talk to her the first day she turned it off she started yelling at me about how its her right not to let me on those sites and how shes a good christian lady and crap. All I ever did on the net was surf pagan and gothic forums, and read up on dress-code laws on the aclu website.

Being upset because people were making fun of me for dressing outside the mainstream would be quite comical. But thats not what Im upset about. Just because I dont dress like everybody else doesnt make me any less of a person, and it doesnt mean I have fewer rights. Im still a human being, I just think and dress differently, thats it.
Old 11-01-2005, 03:41 PM   #162
Jane13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter
On a lighter note, purple wig with cat ears! I'd say that's probably going a bit far really though.
Actually.. it not as bad as my normal hair because I haven't straigtened it in a while
Sakred, sorry about the computers. People at my school get banned from the internet for all sorts of wierd stuff, too.... if they had a decent pop-up blocker I bet a lot of htem could still use the school computers.
"There's straw in his brains and his clothing is stained with mice and small newts and the perfectly maimed. Don't look under his hood in the place where he stood or you'll find yourself running from the rook in the wood."
-Cinema Strange
Jane13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 01:08 PM   #163
Fried Mullet

I never was cast out, believe it or not, I was the ONLY goth in my entire high school. Let alone, one of the only people with a Caucasian decent. I was never gawked at to my face......to be honest I had plenty of complements on my crazed attire. But for the most part, I was pretty much feared and was never bothered…..Cha Ching. That was in my regular high school. Now my private school.....I see why Braveheart was brutally tortured. I have been in plenty of trouble for my demonic accessories.....but can you blame them? They need all the flesh they can get through their tight doors. If any fled out , Ms. Yuen might miss out on the next Louis Vuitton steak dinner.
Fried Mullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2005, 10:07 PM   #164
Killer_Chihuahua77

There was a time when I was gothic. It was back in the 80's when noone knew who we were, there was no such thing as Hot Topic, and the entire culture was so new that I made my spiked bracelets out of ACTUAL dog collars. The oppression is part of our culture. If we didn't want to be noticed we woudln't have started the whole thing. I'm 38 now, and a Master Seargent in the US Army. My unit recently returned from Iraq where I lost a lot of good friends. Let me tell you all something, and I'll say this as nicely as I can.

There is no life after death. When you have looked back at your best friend and seen his face blown apart from a terrorist bullet, you come to know death first hand. I've felt the presence of death, and there is no reason to live a life focused upon it. As a adamant defender of pagan rights in the military, primarially amongst those attached to the 101st Screaming Eagles, I've been fighting our fight among the highest officials in the pentagon to make sure our pagan brothers, including my battle buddy, can be buried under a pentagram instead of a cross.

Thanks for hearing my intro as this is my first post.

I would like to say that in all honesty, you are probably being "oppressed" because of an attitude rather then your clothing. Even when I was in HS doing this we got crap from our classmates but never the admin, although they would express their distaste, who cares as long as they don't do anything. However, my girlfriend at the time would take things a bit too far wearing her thongs pulled up out of her skirts and cutting the bottom seams and about 3 inches off the bottom of the things so you could see her ass. That got her in trouble a lot, although when she got suspended i would skip school to go be with her at her mom's place, or she would go to my apartment and just not tell her parents. This got us both in all sorts of trouble, and in fact I was ordered by a court to join the army in '85 because I beat a kid into a coma for grabbing her ass in the park.

So I've been there bros, don't think that the world hates you, people just fear what they don't understand. If your 65 yr old neighbor can't understand that you like baggy black clothes and leather, then they are going to be afraid of you because they don't see why anyone would want to do such things due entirely to their own perspective. Everyones reality is distored by their own perceptions, never forget that ladies and gentlemen.
Killer_Chihuahua77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 01:29 AM   #165
Peter

Quote:
Originally Posted by narzy
You are the lowest forums of life I have yet to encounter, and deserve to be treated as the piles of steaming dog shit that you are. Grow up, get out of your parents house and get a taste of what the rest of the world calls the real world.
Clearly, you've never met a furry.
Old 11-05-2005, 09:39 PM   #166
Sakred_Winter

Quote:
To me the gothic life style is nothing more then the ever growing challange of sticking the most offinsive sex toys on different parts of my body until I can no longer get away with it, and then expect the civilized world to support me in my efforts while screaming the death howls of opression. To be honest I have never seen a n!ggar goth, so all you middle class WASPs have to go out and manufacture your own "opression" to feel a part of somthing, only the men in your group have laughable sized dicks, and the woman are either disgustingly fat, or anorexic.

In all honesty, I too would have a problem with your style of dress, or in the following examples lack there of.

Should society shun you, the simple answer is yes, the more complex answer is simply yes, you are not people, you are the lowest forums of life I have yet to encounter, and deserve to be treated as the piles of steaming dog shit that you are. Grow up, get out of your parents house and get a taste of what the rest of the world calls the real world.

Sure your moderators will remove me from your ranks, and remove any sign of my existance from this site only because you cannot handle a cold slap in the face by the glove, not of god, but of truth. You exist on a plane of make belive, sheltered behind yoru computer screens, lacking the balls to make a statement and fight your so called war on opression and open mindedness.

So I ask you this Maranda, where are the rebels hiding?
You fucking piece of shit. Puke stain in that body you posess, underserving of the soul that inhabits that brainless, steaming shit pile. All you know is fucking Jake's side of the fucking story you piece of shit. Jake took those pictures when he was still somewhat NOT a total dick due to the mass ego-stroking he got in the fucking military. Jake is a weak-minded piece of shit. He gave those pictures to everyone. They were OUR pictures! I use to love Jake, but now that he has showed his fucking true colors, I want nothing to do with him. I still love the Jake I use to know over a year ago. I still love him. But Jake isnt that person anymore. I never done anything to you. Jake was an overbearing, perpetual liar and spoiled little rich bitch.

And by the way Narzy, arent you military intelligence? Arent you supposed to be mature? Youre totally going on hearsay.
Old 11-05-2005, 09:48 PM   #167
Sakred_Winter

Dont erase Narzy's messages.
Old 11-05-2005, 09:52 PM   #168
Sakred_Winter

Thank you

He'll get his
Old 11-06-2005, 06:56 AM   #169
edible_eye

i take it this is some sort of personal attack, based on sakred_winter's reaction. in that vein, i'd have to say - you're a coward and a punk, narzy for bringing this to a public forum, rather than confronting her on your own.

if it's a personal vendetta you seek, do it on personal time. no one here really cares about your childish attacks.

as for the rest of your inane grumbling...

Quote:
To me the gothic life style is nothing more then the ever growing challange of sticking the most offinsive sex toys on different parts of my body until I can no longer get away with it, and then expect the civilized world to support me in my efforts while screaming the death howls of opression.
- yawn - so dark and angsty... why not shove one of them in your mouth and block your ability to speak?

Quote:
To be honest I have never seen a n!ggar goth, so all you middle class WASPs have to go out and manufacture your own "opression" to feel a part of somthing, only the men in your group have laughable sized dicks, and the woman are either disgustingly fat, or anorexic.
such anger. and such atrocious spelling.

Quote:
In all honesty, I too would have a problem with your style of dress, or in the following examples lack there of.
cute pics. nice cleavage. deal with your own prudishness. you've got issues.

Quote:
Should society shun you, the simple answer is yes, the more complex answer is simply yes, you are not people, you are the lowest forums of life I have yet to encounter, and deserve to be treated as the piles of steaming dog shit that you are. Grow up, get out of your parents house and get a taste of what the rest of the world calls the real world.
heh. as if anything from your disturbingly repressed, inconsequential excuse of a mind constitutes anything worthy of consideration. at the very least, if you're going to attempt tossing insults around, learn to spell properly so your words carry some weight and don't come across as the furious ramblings of someone who was likely shunned and beaten so severely in school he / she had to hide out during class time in the hopes of sustaining some small degree of safety and comfort.

and what do you know of the real world? really.

Quote:
Sure your moderators will remove me from your ranks, and remove any sign of my existance from this site only because you cannot handle a cold slap in the face by the glove, not of god, but of truth.
why would they? proof of your idiocy SHOULD and most likely WILL remain for all to see. you don't carry enough "oomph" for the moderators to sit up and take notice here, i venture to say in their 'stead. most likely, you don't carry much "oomph" in life, period.

and i find it interesting you insert the word "god" before stating your words are in "truth". a bit of a complex to combat your inconsequential life-status?

Quote:
You exist on a plane of make belive, sheltered behind yoru computer screens, lacking the balls to make a statement and fight your so called war on opression and open mindedness.
bah. your spelling mistakes make my eyes bleed. and your statements are quasi-cliched. do some soul-searching. you might have something unique inside yourself. i doubt it, really - but it's worth a shot.

Quote:
So I ask you this Maranda, where are the rebels hiding?
more of the personal stuff. who exactly is hiding behind a computer screen, lacking the balls to make a statement and fight your so-called war?

did it feel good to hit the 'submit reply' button and walk away, not having to deal with a face-to-face confrontation? yeah, i'll bet it did for a puppy like you.

-----------------------------------------------------

killer_chihuahua - thanx for what you did in the service. i say that with all sincerity in that my children may reap the benefit of living with a little less fear and a lot more free laughter and safety.
Old 11-06-2005, 10:22 AM   #170
edible_eye

aw, xnguela - to borrow something from al -
Old 11-06-2005, 10:48 AM   #171
Sakred_Winter

I love you edible_eye. It makes me so happy to know that there are people that helped me. He was reported to the national level. Those pictures were taken when I was 17. I reported my ex as well, for soliciting and distributing child pornography. One of the guys he gave the pictures to will hopefully help me, since he worships the ground I walk on for some unknown reason....
Thank you for taking the pictures of of the board, and thank you for the compliments, it made me feel a little bit less humiliated about the whole ordeal. I appreciate it more than words could ever say.
Old 11-06-2005, 10:54 AM   #172
Peter

Well done those mods, on lesser boards when someone says they'll get banned, they never do actually get banned promptly.
Old 11-06-2005, 12:54 PM   #173
edible_eye

just for the record, it wasn't me who took the pictures off the board. i'm not a mod.

that said - you're welcome, sakred.
Old 11-06-2005, 02:14 PM   #174
Sakred_Winter

It's understood. I just really appreciated your kind words.
Old 11-06-2005, 02:41 PM   #175
edible_eye

and as i said before - you're most welcome.