Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Politics
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics "Under democracy, one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule -and both commonly succeed, and are right." -H.L. Menken

Old 04-24-2011, 02:03 AM   #51
x-deviant-x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
Here, Planned Parenthood organizes Pride week and a LGBTQ youth group so kids don't feel alone.
Okay, we’re arguing about two different organizations. Obviously Planned Parenthood in Canada is NOT the same organization as Planned Parenthood in the US. However closely or distantly related the two are, I don’t know, but their websites don’t mention shit about each other, the two sites don’t even look like they share a common web designer, and on the US site, in the list of countries they provide their services in, Canada isn’t there, so I’m gonna take a wild guess that they’re not the same group.

Planned Parenthood in the US, for the most part, has little or nothing to do with organizing any glbt events. Maybe in some areas of the country they do, but I’ve found no evidence of it. PPH here deals primarily with womens health, mostly of the reproductive nature, and their services DO include abortion. While abortion of some form IS legal in all 50 states, and has been for over 30 years, federal law mandates that no federal money be used to fund abortion practices in any state.

The argument over US-BASED PPH receiving government funding got hot again a couple months ago when it was discovered that they were arranging abortions for teenage girls without their parents consent. Some information about the patients was deliberately covered up by some PPH workers. But age of consent varies from state to state and some details got muddled. PPH CLAIMS that the funding they receive from the federal government does not fund their abortion practices.

As for pride, any kind of rallies, drag pageants, peer support groups, etc, are all organized by GLBT Community Centers, which have existed in most every major US city for decades, some of which date back as far as the 1920s, possibly earlier. They provide pretty much any service the GLBT community could need, to include free, anonymous, on-site HIV/STD screening AND counseling. These centers rely almost entirely on donations (which are usually NOT tax deductable), and other fund-raising events, from private citizens and gay owned/operated/friendly establishments within that community – bars, restaurants, book stores, gift shops, churches, etc. HRC, PFLAG, GLAAD and other national gay organizations are also big supporters of pride events, and they too rely almost entirely on non-tax-deductable donations and fund-raising events. And in the bigger cities, big corporations like Sprint, Best Buy, Target, Bank of America, Time-Warner Cable, Brighthouse Networks, etc., also help to support pride events, as well as other fund-raising events for the GLBT community, like Gay Days at Disney (which, by the way, is in no way related to or endorsed by Disney, but is in fact its own entity). It should also be noted that Bank of America was one of the first corporations to offer equal benefits to their GLBT employees and their partners without the need of any government legislation to mandate it, and nearly a decade or more before the first state ever legalized gay marriage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
Canada's socialized schools are doing just fine, thank you.
I didn't say shit about canada's schools. I was talking about the schools in the US.
x-deviant-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 02:07 AM   #52
Alan

Hitler ate sugar. So do liberals.

HOLY SHIT!
real classy
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 03:06 AM   #53
Versus

The implications are astonishing.

Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 03:53 AM   #54
x-deviant-x

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptSternn View Post
There isn't much I can say that hasn't already been said. (I should have checked back sooner!)

But a couple things here -

@x-deviant-x

You are against gay marriage because it offends some of the non-gay community? Is that not like being black and standing up against the right for blacks to vote because it offends the kl@n? The thought boggles the mind.
No, it's not at all like that. I'm against gay marriage on a federal level. Let the states decide, as I said before. By doing so gay marriage will gain more power in the long run. Why is this so difficult to understand? Even HRC understands this concept - HRC, the biggest movement for gay marriage ever in the US. Even though some of their tactics are bullshit, you don't see them wasting their energy and resources pushing gay marriage on a federal level. They work within each state.

If you don't like the way things are in one state, or one community, either garner enough support within that community to change it, or move to another where things are more to your liking. Gay people have been doing this, and have been pretty damned successful at it, for as long as there've been gay people in the US. Perfect example: Look what they did in South Beach back in the late 70s early 80s when that whack job Anita Bryant was spouting bible verses. Because of her, more gay people moved to South Beach from all over the country than, pretty much, any gay people had even bothered to care about South Beach prior to her bullshit. Now its one of the largest gay communities in the country, all thanks to Anita Bryant and her fire and brimstone.

No one has the right to force everyone to agree with them by forcing federal laws to suit their own agendas. By keeping things like gay marriage on a state level, instead of federal, you allow everyone in smaller communities (states) to run things the way the majority of their community feels it should be run, thus minimizing discrimination. Because you're never going to get rid of discrimination entirely. It's just not possible, unless you become a dictatorship, which is exactly what we're becoming. You can deny it all you want, call me a right-wing, fascist, self-hating asshole all you want, it doesn't change the fact.

By passing laws that prohibit people from freedom to make their own decisions, aka: Thought Police, you take away their right to think and feel differently than you do. THAT IS NOT FREEDOM. That is NOT the way our constitution was designed. Federal government does NOT have the right to dictate moral values - conservative, liberal, or otherwise. If they were, then whats the point in having individual state governments? The federal government's PRIMARY role is providing military protection from other countries, and maintaining our infrastructure and economy as a nation. Our president is the Commander in Chief. What does that mean? He's in charge of the military, FIRST AND FOREMOST. It's not his job to be making moral decisions for the rest of the country. Anyone who doesn't understand that, doesn't understand the way our government is meant to function.

Changing community governments, and state governments, will, by constitutional construction, change gay marriage on a federal level ORGANICALLY. That's why DOMA was completely unconstitutional to begin with. DOMA is a moral construct created by conservative extremists, and since marriage itself is a religious institution, DOMA violates the first amendment "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;" just the same as Obamacare also violates the constitution, as it is illegal to FORCE anyone, by law, to buy anything they don't want. Neither of them should ever have made it passed the house. But now, the act of NOT enforcing DOMA, ALSO violates the constitution BECAUSE congress is required to uphold the laws, especially those they've created. So it's a completely fucked up mess now. The best thing is to trash DOMA, but that will take an act of congress, and this congress, at least the senate side, is just using DOMA to make the conservatives look worse.
Old 04-24-2011, 04:16 AM   #55
x-deviant-x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versus View Post
Hitler talked about gay rights too. Equal rights for everyone, redistribution of the wealth. That's how he got elected. Look it up. The only reason you deny the paralleles is because you don't want to see them, because no one can be that fucking stupid and still be breathing.
Old 04-24-2011, 04:19 AM   #56
Annihilation

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-deviant-x View Post
You finished salivating with your vitriol? Just like a Nazi. I can almost see you stomping out seig heils with every keystroke.

Since you liberals so love to compare conservatives to fascists, lets see just how many comparisons there are between you and fascists.

Hitler disregarded Christianity and had a known affection for Islam. So do liberals today.

Hitler believed in social justice being carried out by the government. So do liberals.

Hitler believed in a one-party government. Deep down, so do liberals.

Hitler believed in destroying capitalism and the free market partially through price fixing. So do liberals.

Hitler called businesses “cartels” and accused them of exploiting the poor. So do liberals.

Hitler believed in making “unearned income” illegal – basically abolishing new acquisition of wealth. So do liberals.

Hitler believed in the government providing for you once you reached senior citizen status. So do liberals.

Hitler believed that giving to the poor needed to be a legal mandate. So do liberals.

Hitler believed in a form of tolerance that really only tolerated Aryan beliefs. So do liberals.

Hitler believed in gun control. One had to have a government permit to own, much less carry, a gun. Only those considered politically trustworthy got permits for guns. Liberals…well, we all know what they think.

Hitler believed in eugenics. By proxy, so do liberals – in their hailing of Margaret Sanger, an avowed believer in eugenics, as a practical saint.

Hitler believed in what amounts to tribalism – showing pride in your heritage. So do liberals…in the form of cultural pressures to give more to minorities.

Hitler and many of his followers were vegetarians and believed in returning to a more natural form of existence. He was intent on creating national parks to preserve nature. One of the scientists he based the Nazi credo for nature on was Ludwig Klages, who wrote during WWI about how mankind was headed toward deforestation, increasing extinction of certain species, the evils of whaling and destruction of Earth’s ecosystem. Hello…liberals? PETA? Greenpeace? Al Gore???

Quoted from this blog: http://gayconservative.org/2011/04/1...i-comparisons/

So you can call me a self-hating redneck all you want, while you pretend to believe gays are equal. The sewage of anti-gay slurs you just spilled proves your true fascist nature.

I don't mind being called a redneck. I actually look at it with pride, as the term stems from the hard-working men and women who spent their days in the sun, burning the backs of their necks and arms while they worked to farm the land that fed this nation that allows you the freedom to spew your hate without consequence.
Wtf Hitler had a known affection for Islam? Its the same shit as Christianity. Read the fucking books retard.
Annihilation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 04:34 AM   #57
CuckooTuli

Quote:
Hitler talked about gay rights too. Equal rights for everyone, redistribution of the wealth. That's how he got elected. Look it up. The only reason you deny the paralleles is because you don't want to see them, because no one can be that fucking stupid and still be breathing.
... I was going to respond to your earlier posts, but by the time I reached this little gem it'd become clear there's just no point. The expereince of reading through this thread's left me feeling slightly depressed and afraid for the future of a world full of people who think like this.

Times this feeling by fifteen years, and it's not hard to see why people become disillusioned with activisim. I hope I never reach that point, but if I do, it'll probably be shit like this eroding away at my give-a-fuck that does it. I have no inclination to spend hours typing a post you'll probably do away with with a couple of lines of bullshit that ignores the important points. But I'll admit to wishing I could sucker-punch you hard enough to knock your head off, then take you out for a beer and explain very slowly and clearly why everything you believe is the reason this world will probably always be fucked.
CuckooTuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 07:44 AM   #58
JCC

Quote:
Hitler talked about gay rights too. Equal rights for everyone, redistribution of the wealth.
He seriously didn't. He might have talked about gay rights in the sense that he totally opposed them and sent homosexuals to the gas chambers.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 08:04 AM   #59
Versus

Quote:
Hitler talked about gay rights too. Equal rights for everyone, redistribution of the wealth.
I'm not even going to indulge you. I refuse to even discuss the possibility that indirectly helping someone and intentionally helping them are the same thing.
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 08:18 AM   #60
Despanan

Quote:
You finished salivating with your vitriol? Just like a Nazi. I can almost see you stomping out seig heils with every keystroke.
It's true. I really can't get through a post without Heiling. Sig Heil's are like the lens flares of discourse, they make everything better.

Quote:
So you can call me a self-hating redneck all you want, while you pretend to believe gays are equal. The sewage of anti-gay slurs you just spilled proves your true fascist nature.
Yes, calling you an ass-goblin makes me a Nazi. I applaud you on your finely-tuned rhetorical skills Bobby Joe Buttfuck.

Quote:
I don't mind being called a redneck. I actually look at it with pride
Of course you do, Redneck is a hyper-masculine stereotype. You embrace it partly because you hate yourself and your homosexuality, and partly because you think if you adopt the culture and attitudes of your oppressors, they'll let you into their club and spare you (the won't). It makes perfect sense that you'd feel this way because, once again, you're a Quizling.

Quote:
as the term stems from the hard-working men and women who spent their days in the sun, burning the backs of their necks and arms while they worked to farm the land that fed this nation that allows you the freedom to spew your hate without consequence.
And a f@ggot is just a pile of sticks.

Besides, Rednecks don't really do that anymore. These days they work at Dollar General, drive circles in the K-Mart parking lot, and treat people like you as sub-human while voting for politicians that make it easier for coal companies to kill their relatives in the name of profits.

Get with the times.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger
I have chugged more than ten epic boners.
Despanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 08:36 AM   #61
Despanan

Quote:
Okay, we’re arguing about two different organizations. Obviously Planned Parenthood in Canada is NOT the same organization as Planned Parenthood in the US...Planned Parenthood in the US, for the most part, has little or nothing to do with organizing any glbt events. Maybe in some areas of the country they do, but I’ve found no evidence of it.
Did you try Google?
Quote:
Old 04-24-2011, 09:00 AM   #62
Ben Lahnger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despanan View Post
It's true. I really can't get through a post without Heiling. Sig Heil's are like the lens flares of discourse, they make everything better.
OMFG! My stomach hurts! One more shining jewel in this compost pile of fail!

Thank you.

In a related story, I'm taking odds that this thread continues 5 more pages because people can't resist engaging this fool. Who's in?

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 09:10 AM   #63
Despanan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger View Post
OMFG! My stomach hurts! One more shining jewel in this compost pile of fail!

Thank you.
I am all about public service.
Quote:
Old 04-24-2011, 09:30 AM   #64
Solumina

This thread would be funny if it weren't so fucking sad.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 10:04 AM   #65
Apathy's_Child

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despanan View Post

Yes, calling you an ass-goblin makes me a Nazi. I applaud you on your finely-tuned rhetorical skills Bobby Joe Buttfuck.

Of course you do, Redneck is a hyper-masculine stereotype. You embrace it partly because you hate yourself and your homosexuality, and partly because you think if you adopt the culture and attitudes of your oppressors, they'll let you into their club and spare you (the won't). It makes perfect sense that you'd feel this way because, once again, you're a Quizling.

And a f@ggot is just a pile of sticks.

Besides, Rednecks don't really do that anymore. These days they work at Dollar General, drive circles in the K-Mart parking lot, and treat people like you as sub-human while voting for politicians that make it easier for coal companies to kill their relatives in the name of profits.

Get with the times.
Fo real, I turned a little gay reading that.

Witches have no wit, said the magician who was weak.
Hula, hula, said the witches. - Norman Mailer
Apathy's_Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 02:57 PM   #66
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC View Post
He seriously didn't. He might have talked about gay rights in the sense that he totally opposed them and sent homosexuals to the gas chambers.
Yeah, really. We're all talking about the same Hitler, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina
This thread would be funny if it weren't so fucking sad.
Desp is getting me through this one. But I could also come over, touch you where you need and hope it doesn't make society hate us?
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 03:39 PM   #67
Mr.Doobie

Desp you are my fucking hero and you are saying everything I'm about to say to deviant before I get to say it.
Quote:
Hitler disregarded Christianity and had a known affection for Islam. So do liberals today.
Wut.

At least you didn't go into "Hitler was an atheist thereby all atheists = Nazis"

Also: You really don't know the difference between modern liberals and Strawmen Socialists do you?

Quote:
Hitler and many of his followers were vegetarians and believed in returning to a more natural form of existence. He was intent on creating national parks to preserve nature. One of the scientists he based the Nazi credo for nature on was Ludwig Klages, who wrote during WWI about how mankind was headed toward deforestation, increasing extinction of certain species, the evils of whaling and destruction of Earth’s ecosystem. Hello…liberals? PETA? Greenpeace? Al Gore???
PROTECTING THE ENVIRONMENT MAKES YOU A NAZI!!!!!!

HOLYSHITGAIZ!!!!!

Hitler also liked dogs. I guess that means if you don't go around drowning boxes of puppies than you're a Nazi.

Quote:
I don't mind being called a redneck. I actually look at it with pride, as the term stems from the hard-working men and women who spent their days in the sun, burning the backs of their necks and arms while they worked to farm the land that fed this nation that allows you the freedom to spew your hate without consequence.
You probably also think the Confederate Flag is a source of pride because THE CIVIL WAR WAS TOTALLY ABOUT STATES RIGHTS, RIGHT GAIZ?
Mr.Doobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 01:01 PM   #68
Catch

As usual, you've gone so far away from the original topic, no one knows what is going on anymore.

Liberal: Belonging to the people free. Suitable for a freeman; not restricted.

Giving freely, generous.

Favoring reform or progress as in religion, education, etc. Favoring political reforms tending towards personal freedom and individuality.

Any of these definitions can be applied to the topic. I think most people in the United States are moderate. They are not over controling with laws to restrict and control everything that happens, nor are they giving money to everyone so they never grow up.

It is a fine-line and realistically, it is impossible to have government that is completely systemmatic with numbers and tradition, just like it is impossible to have an anarchy and call it government.

The odd part of everything to me, is people in the United States are so distant from knowing what independence is and working for success that they think going to the government to fix their problems with taxpayer funding is some how still a capitalist manuever. That is what bothers me.
Old 05-06-2011, 04:56 PM   #69
Deadmanwalking_05

*Pulls out lawn chair takes a seat then starts eating from a rather large bowl of popcorn* This is too good to miss *Takes a sip of cola*

9x29mmR : The Choice Of Millions for the last 100-107 years.
Deadmanwalking_05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 10:17 AM   #70
Despanan

Who are you talking to?
Quote:
Old 05-07-2011, 12:29 PM   #71
Deadmanwalking_05

Double K... go suck some cock in a back street. The big boys are talking right now and any comment from the dumbass gallery isn't warranted. Besides... don't you have some transexual rally to attend?

Old 05-07-2011, 01:24 PM   #72
Alan

His post is a mockery of opinions you have actually expressed. Yours just come out as the ramblings of a whiny bitch trying to sling insults to see if one sticks.
Plus, what "big boys" are talking with you? You just made one meager comment no one cared about; I'm not sure why KK even bothered responding it, the only "big boy" you could possibly be referring to if your ad hominem made any kind of fucking sense.
real classy
Old 05-07-2011, 02:37 PM   #73
Deadmanwalking_05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
His post is a mockery of opinions you have actually expressed. Yours just come out as the ramblings of a whiny bitch trying to sling insults to see if one sticks.
Plus, what "big boys" are talking with you? You just made one meager comment no one cared about; I'm not sure why KK even bothered responding it, the only "big boy" you could possibly be referring to if your ad hominem made any kind of fucking sense.
Hey ya' weak willed nothing.

Who was it that tried to warn you idiotic masses of spastic shit that Obama would be like Bush jr.?

That's right it was ME so sit in the middle and suck on it bitches.

Old 05-07-2011, 05:21 PM   #74
Alan

None ever had much faith of Obama. You're a little child that has discovered blue and red make purple.
real classy
Old 05-08-2011, 01:22 AM   #75
CptSternn

Wow, this thread has degenerated to the point of being worthless.

This is why we need a mod or two sure.
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote