Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 07-27-2008, 12:04 PM   #51
Beneath the Shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graveyard.Crow
Google it.
Why, when people are already talking about it at the time?

last.fm

Help my MiniCity grow
Help my MiniCity's industry
Beneath the Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 12:05 PM   #52
Godslayer Jillian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurquoiseXx
No offense, but why the hell should anyone care what another person reads? It's a bit contradictory don't you think? Many of you preach about intelligent pieces of literature yet you speak as if you were stuck in the ancient world, uncivilized and unaware that all humans are individuals, which means that they are free to think and do as they please.

The world would be one hell of a boring place if everyone was the same.
You're trying to sound intelligent, but you actually didn't say anything you know?
What we're saying is in no way contradictory and your proof is ridiculous. I have to go and I really want to tell you why that made no sense and you're just hurt because we don't like something you do, but just wait for me and I'll detail it.

For now, I'll just say one more thing:
GC's logic is simply the logic of underachievers. With the same consistency someone could say "oh yeah? well stop bitching about world hunger. If people thought it was as bad as you complain they would do something about it already. But they don't, so world hunger is not as bad as you make it seem, so stop complaining."
If someone really finds this logic acceptable, then there's no way we can talk any further. It's just such a fundamental problem that we won't be compatible.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 12:05 PM   #53
Mir

So why argue over something so subjective as taste?
Mir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 12:05 PM   #54
JCC

Quote:
you are NOT better than everyone else.
He's better than most.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 12:07 PM   #55
Graveyard.Crow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beneath the Shadows
Why, when people are already talking about it at the time?
then why ask all over again
Old 07-27-2008, 12:08 PM   #56
Beneath the Shadows

Quote:
then why ask all over again
I only recall asking once, and seeing no posts which actually answer the question.

last.fm

Help my MiniCity grow
Help my MiniCity's industry
Beneath the Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 12:09 PM   #57
Graveyard.Crow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
For now, I'll just say one more thing:
GC's logic is simply the logic of underachievers. With the same consistency someone could say "oh yeah? well stop bitching about world hunger. If people thought it was as bad as you complain they would do something about it already. But they don't, so world hunger is not as bad as you make it seem, so stop complaining."
If someone really finds this logic acceptable, then there's no way we can talk any further. It's just such a fundamental problem that we won't be compatible.
You didn't just prove my point at all. No, you aren't stuck up in the least. Grow up, you're an 18 year old boy. Just because you went to a couple of protests doesn't mean you have achieved anything.
Try moving to a different country and start a new life from scratch. That's a fucking achievement. Bitching on an internet forum, is not however.
Old 07-27-2008, 12:10 PM   #58
MollyMac

again.

Subjective.

Some people define better as a mean of intelligence and higher brows of taste (and that is still subjective), others define it as being more open to the notions that others can like tripe and still be worthwhile human beings.

I find that, apparently, whether or not poeple read "Twilight" has no bearin gon what kind of people they are.

Namely, because I never heard of the book until about two days ago. Funny, but the more ignorant I make myself of other's hobbies and preferences, the more I like them.
Old 07-27-2008, 12:10 PM   #59
JCC

Quote:
You didn't just prove my point at all. No, you aren't stuck up in the least. Grow up, you're an 18 year old boy. Just because you went to a couple of protests doesn't mean you have achieved anything.
Try moving to a different country and start a new life from scratch. That's a fucking achievement. Bitching on an internet forum, is not however.
What does that have to do with anything?
Old 07-27-2008, 12:10 PM   #60
Graveyard.Crow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beneath the Shadows
I only recall asking once, and seeing no posts which actually answer the question.
Alright I'll answer. IT's a rather famous vampire romance novel that's being made into a movie.
Old 07-27-2008, 12:11 PM   #61
Graveyard.Crow

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC
What does that have to do with anything?
It does. You just aren't following, mostly because IT WASN'T DIRECTED AT YOU.
Old 07-27-2008, 12:12 PM   #62
Graveyard.Crow

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC
He's better than most.
You make me sick. Stop kissing ass and grow some balls.
Old 07-27-2008, 12:20 PM   #63
TurquoiseXx

I'm with Graveyard.Crow on this one. Some of you guys get too irritated by other people's personal preferences. You know, I used to be like that when I was 15, but I eventually learned how to grow up and respect other people's choices.

I don't know what's wrong with some of you guys. It's as if you were always yelled at as a child and told "You're a worthless piece of crap!" and now you're secretly jealous of other people because they enjoy the simpler things in life.

What's so wrong about being open-minded? Let's just all be nice. I know I may be interfering and I apologize, but I think this is getting way out of hand.
TurquoiseXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 12:29 PM   #64
Mir

[ subjects Molly to a long rant on why he is the greatest Dom, this side of the Atlantic ]
Mir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 12:47 PM   #65
PortraitOfSanity

Why is it that every somewhat intelligent and interesting conversation on this forum (of which there have been many) turns into a whiny bitch fest?
PortraitOfSanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 12:48 PM   #66
Graveyard.Crow

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortraitOfSanity
Why is it that every somewhat intelligent and interesting conversation on this forum (of which there have been many) turns into a whiny bitch fest?
No idea.....
Old 07-27-2008, 12:50 PM   #67
KontanKarite

I'm going to have to go with Mollymac on this one. The less I know of what a person is in to, the easier it is for me to get along with them.

I'm not going to say that my tastes are better than someone else's. I mean, I'm a fan of a band that uses a giant inflatable banana on stage and the more ridiculous something is, the better. What place do I have to denounce someone on taste? BUT, as I said, I find it very hard to relate to anyone based on tastes and interests.

It's not that I've got beef with who you are as a person, it's just that I can't possibly enjoy what others like to the full extent. It's as silly as taking my sister to The Rocky Horror Picture Show. There's no way in hell she's going to be able to enjoy it like I do.

My thing is, if there's ever a thing about it, is people who think they can connect with me on an interest level based on wild assumptions and stereotypes. Best example, someone who wants to take me to a heavy metal concert because they've heard I'm "gothy".

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 01:13 PM   #68
MitsyMayhem

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurquoiseXx
I know I may be interfering and I apologize, but I think this is getting way out of hand.

Then you haven't been here long enough.
MitsyMayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 01:21 PM   #69
MitsyMayhem

Okay, I haven't exactly read every little detail in this thread, but according to a friend, no one has actually explained in great detail why they hate the books? How about we take turns doing that and Graveyard, stop taking things so personally. That seems to be the issue in the first place.
Old 07-27-2008, 01:30 PM   #70
Graveyard.Crow

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitsyMayhem
Okay, I haven't exactly read every little detail in this thread, but according to a friend, no one has actually explained in great detail why they hate the books? How about we take turns doing that and Graveyard, stop taking things so personally. That seems to be the issue in the first place.
It's not an issue
I react how I feel like reacting, thanks.
Old 07-27-2008, 01:32 PM   #71
MitsyMayhem

Quote:
It's not an issue
I react how I feel like reacting, thanks.
Exactly. Feel. Personally. Emotions.
Old 07-27-2008, 01:34 PM   #72
JCC

Quote:
You make me sick. Stop kissing ass and grow some balls.
I don't get it. If, since you're born with balls, in my fourteenth year I don't have any, I should think that my body has decided I will not have balls. Why would it suddenly grow some on the basis that you told me to, and do you expect there to be a suitable gap for such growth? If I didn't have any, certainly there'd be bone, flesh and skin where they should be? Growing them would be a messy job, it would be in my best interests not to.

Stop throwing illogical insults and read a book that isn't shitty.
Old 07-27-2008, 01:41 PM   #73
Graveyard.Crow

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC
I don't get it. If, since you're born with balls, in my fourteenth year I don't have any, I should think that my body has decided I will not have balls. Why would it suddenly grow some on the basis that you told me to, and do you expect there to be a suitable gap for such growth? If I didn't have any, certainly there'd be bone, flesh and skin where they should be? Growing them would be a messy job, it would be in my best interests not to.

Stop throwing illogical insults and read a book that isn't shitty.
I read tons sweetie. Metaphorical balls you half brained dimwit.
Old 07-27-2008, 01:41 PM   #74
Graveyard.Crow

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitsyMayhem
Exactly. Feel. Personally. Emotions.
Mhmmmm.........
Old 07-27-2008, 01:49 PM   #75
Murasaki eyeliner

Umm, is it just me or has this thread morphed into a literature fuelled brawl somewhere between "twilight is shit" and "jk Rowling is a kids author and anyone who disagrees is a bigger moron that the guy that wore Burberry to the batcave."

Listen, im being a massive hypocrite by saying this but;

THIS ARGUMENT IS GETTING FARCICLE

Too all you lot that hate the book/thing your currently arguing about:
If they like the book/thing you loath then they have no brain and are not worth typing too on this subject.

Too all those who love the book/thing you are currently arguing about;
If they hate it then more fool them, they have no taste but your probably not going to persuade them otherwise, don’t waste your time on idiots.

To all those who hated this post; screw you!

"Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before."
-Mae West
Murasaki eyeliner is offline   Reply With Quote