Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 03-26-2011, 01:11 PM   #1
Cathairnaruin

Hello There, Yes, All of you :)

Hello all you out there in Cyberspace,

My name is Athena, but I am also often known as either Shadow Raven or Cordelia Laird, mainly because they are my pennames. I spend most of my time reading, writing, watching movies, playing music, and hanging out with friends... all of which done while listening to some amazing music. I used to play the violin but due to certain circumstances, I was forced to quit when we made our cross country move because we were renting the violin and it wasn't really mine. Even though I play the guitar and the bass guitar, musically the violin was always my passion. I am currently saving up to buy one of my own. Right now, I currently work at a night time daycare center to make ends meet, and pick up alot of freelance writing jobs as well.

I was born in Pennsylvania and due to different varrying circumstances we moved around ALOT. Mostly all over the east coast before making the leap to the suburbs of Chicago.

For me it is so hard to just choose a single author or movie but among my favorites are:

Anne Rice,
Sir Thomas More,
Edgar Allen Poe,
and much much more

For movies:
Sixteen Candles
Rose Red
Step Up 2 The Streets
Ever After
Lethal Weapon 4
Starwars (all)
Star Trek ( The originals with Kirk and Spock and McCoy and the Real SULU)

and Much more.

At My wedding, I would love to have Conjure One, Metallicca, Bullet For My Valentine, Enigma, Enya, Disturbed and much much more.

At My Funeral I want to go out with a bang, with something like gothica and Fleurs du Mal by Sarah Brightman.

I would love to die protecting the people I love, to go being remembered as someone whoe stood up and fought for the things they cared about. I'd Like to die in a way where I sacrificed my life for everyone else, I would only want to go down fighting.

I would like a tradiotional hand crafted black wooden coffin with a pentagram on the front. I want to take my Pagan/Wiccan faith with me to the end.

My Favorite outfit is my long black trenchcoat with chains, my black and red tripp pants and my frilly black and red corset with my tripp gloves and my platform metal plated combat boots.

The one thing I miss the most about being a little kid is the way the world looked to us. We found everything so simple and serene, so lovely to the eyes, we viewed it with innocent persistance, with the perseverance of the heart. As we grow older, we loose that outlook on life and that persistance. We stop trying new things just to say we can, we loose that curiousity and those things that make us who we are as children. That is something truly worth missing, the unconditional happiness, curiosity and understanding of a child.

I cannot pick just one band to be my favorite but my favorite Genres are:
Industrial
Rave
EBM
Heavy Metal
Rock
Dance
Techno
Symphonic Metal

Right now I am currently in highschool, but I am taking alot of AP courses.
I am in AP Engineering, AP US History, and AP Engineering. Through a local community college I am also taking online Sociology and Psychology courses.
I aspire to attend the University of Tennessee in Knoxville to double major in Forensic Anthropology and Criminology and double minor in French and Engineering.

By taking these classes I will be able to get a career in a crime lab analyzing evidence alongside the police and or FBI in high profile cases.

I joined this site because upon seeing it I recognized the innate nature of the sight and the great things that come with it. I enjoyed reading the articles and seeing that I had alot of thoughts and beliefs in common with the writers and members here.
Cathairnaruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 08:25 PM   #2
Versus

Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 08:47 PM   #3
Cathairnaruin

you're disappointed by my intro?
Cathairnaruin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 09:19 PM   #4
Versus

Yes. But it's just an intro, so don't fret.
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 12:32 AM   #5
Ben Lahnger

If you're going to post more things like this, I'd say fret more. But that's just one person's opinion. Still ... Anne Rice. Sixteen Candles. Enya. (I'm skipping around.) I was almost in tears until I got to the saving grace of "Forensic Anthropology and Criminology".

But I'm not one of those gawthy snobs that thinks your interests have to fit a certain profile, and maybe the survey isn't the venue where your personality can shine. So maybe your regular postings will belie the impression that I've gotten here. Otherwise, you're a troll (unlikely) ... or there's a good reason why you like the REAL SULU! #OhMyyyyyyyy!

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 02:09 PM   #6
Nightwalker39

Welcome Athena, or Shadow Raven, or Cordelia Laird, whatever makes you happy. Personal i like the name Shadow Raven.
Nightwalker39 is offline   Reply With Quote