Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 05-11-2010, 04:57 PM   #1
Deadmanwalking_05

I am one of the knights who say....TEA !

Taxed Enough Already!

9x29mmR : The Choice Of Millions for the last 100-107 years.
Deadmanwalking_05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 05:09 PM   #2
JCC

I am one of the knights who say... NYFN!

No You're Fucking Not!
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 05:16 PM   #3
Alan

Deadman, how much are you taxed?
real classy
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 05:20 PM   #4
Ben Lahnger

I'm not giving you my shrubbery. Never!

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 05:27 PM   #5
Ben Lahnger

By the way, take a breath once in a while ... you're depriving your brain of oxygen.

Now get a grip. We're going to need more taxes. Maybe you try to shift it to the rich ... I don't know. But 51% of the people in this country pay no Federal Income Tax now. And we don't have enough revenue for what we're spending. So we'll need more revenue. And we'll have to ask our government to do less. And we'll have to ask the government to cut back on existing spending.

Or we're all headed the way Greece is now.

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Old 05-12-2010, 10:53 AM   #6
Saya

I like how an idea of "no taxation without representation" went to "I just don't want to pay taxes especially if a black man is in office." Sure its pretty much the health care act that motivates the tea baggers, but where were they when Bush announced their tax dollars were going to go to the war effort in Iraq?
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 11:44 AM   #7
Ben Lahnger

Or where where they in 2003 when President Bush was herding the Medicare Prescription Drug, Improvement, and Modernization Act (the largest expansion of Medicare since its creation, at the time) through Congress?

As of February 2009, the projected net cost of the program over the 2006 to 2015 period was $549.2 billion. - (WIKIPEDIA) - And by many conservative sources I respect, that estimate is low. So where was this outrage then?

Where were they when Congress and the Bush administration rolled back financial regulation to the point where the Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac debacles were possible and where the seemingly industry wide irresponsibility in the finance industry was allowed that caused tens of thousands of mortgage foreclosures and retirement fund collapses to rock our country's financial bedrock?

By the way, Deadman, when is the last time you contacted someone in Congress? The Senate is currently debating and will soon vote on Wall Street reform.

http://www.senate.gov/general/contac...nators_cfm.cfm

I contacted my Senators today to urge them to vote to let states play a role in consumer financial protection and not to let the big banks avoid state rules and enforcement. Seemed like a much more constructive thing to do than going on about tea.

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Old 05-12-2010, 11:18 PM   #8
Joker_in_the_Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC View Post
I am one of the knights who say... NYFN!

No You're Fucking Not!
Not only am I in complete agreement, but your acronym is much more fun to pronounce as if it were a single word.
Because before too long there'll be nothing left alive, not a creature on the land or sea, a bird in the sky. They'll be shot, harpooned, eaten, and hunted too much, vivisected by the clever men who prove that there's no such things as a fair world with live and let live. The Royal family go hunting, what an example to give to the people they lead and that don't include me, I've seen enough pain and torture of those who can't speak...

- Tough Shit, Mickey by Conflict
Joker_in_the_Pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 05:28 AM   #9
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
I like how an idea of "no taxation without representation" went to "I just don't want to pay taxes especially if a black man is in office." Sure its pretty much the health care act that motivates the tea baggers, but where were they when Bush announced their tax dollars were going to go to the war effort in Iraq?
Some of us were upset about that, too.

But it's not about "I don't want to pay taxes at all." It's about "I don't want to pay taxes for something I don't believe in."
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 05:43 AM   #10
KissMeDeadly

You know, it's shit like this, especially the muddy road of taxation, that makes me kind of wish that we all lived in caves again. There would be no taxes, no governments doing terrible atrocities, like providing healthcare for the people it promised to take care of, and everybody would just be responsible for their own shit.
KissMeDeadly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 08:29 AM   #11
Alan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KissMeDeadly View Post
no governments doing terrible atrocities, like providing healthcare for the people it promised to take care of
http://www.nataliedee.com/102605/i-said-what.jpg
blacktext
real classy
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 09:29 AM   #12
donmara

Your typical tea bag gathering:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKKKgua7wQk

Your typical market fundamentalist:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xw1SjfDbppo

donmara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 09:38 AM   #13
Ben Lahnger

Quote:
You know, it's shit like this, especially the muddy road of taxation, that makes me kind of wish that we all lived in caves again. There would be no taxes, no governments doing terrible atrocities, like providing healthcare for the people it promised to take care of, and everybody would just be responsible for their own shit.
You do realize that everyone's life expectancy would be significantly less than what it is now, right? I'd bet 50% of what it is now or less if you didn't have a guarantee of clean water and ready emergency services and supervised food distribution and relatively safe travel and much more comfort and protection than a cave can provide.

We may have too much government. The best answer isn't no government.

Unless that was a sardonic, dryly worded joke. In which case, well played.

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Old 05-13-2010, 09:41 AM   #14
KissMeDeadly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger View Post
Unless that was a sardonic, dryly worded joke. In which case, well played.
Quite right.
KissMeDeadly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 12:28 PM   #15
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia View Post
Some of us were upset about that, too.

But it's not about "I don't want to pay taxes at all." It's about "I don't want to pay taxes for something I don't believe in."
You're a tea bagger?
Old 05-13-2010, 01:06 PM   #16
Tam Li Hua

Quote:
But...but I like having hospitals and modern medicine and grocery stores and all.

I've been on the "cave" end of things, in a way. It really isn't that great.

Also, what Ophie said.
Old 05-13-2010, 02:02 PM   #17
donmara

C'mon people, socialized medicine is needed.

Very simply, the market cannot provide healthcare for everyone due to its expensive nature. The ramifications of this are staggering.

Healthcare under a socialized system does the best it can to provide for everyone. Of course, given the expensive nature of the industry, rationing will most likely occur. But who cares ?
donmara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 05:28 PM   #18
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
You're a tea bagger?
I'm not interested in discussing it here, but if by "tea bagger" you mean I believe we need to stop this bailout nonsense and I want to not be taxed for shit that'll never benefit me in any way, then yes.

I repeat, I am not interested in explaining myself to people on the internet.
Old 05-13-2010, 07:33 PM   #19
Saya

Quote:
I'm not interested in discussing it here, but if by "tea bagger" you mean I believe we need to stop this bailout nonsense and I want to not be taxed for shit that'll never benefit me in any way, then yes.

Wow. Didn't get a tax return this year?
Old 05-13-2010, 08:48 PM   #20
Solumina

Quote:
Funny, you always seem to think that everyone needs to explain themselves to you.

Also, the bailout hasn't cost taxpayers nearly as much as everyone seems to think. A lot of the loans are being paid back on or ahead of schedule, and the government is making some interest on those loans. I agree that there should have been a system in place to prevent the situation from occurring but the problems are due to the instability of our finance system, not high taxes.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 10:53 PM   #21
Ben Lahnger

Quote:
Originally Posted by solumina View Post
funny, you always seem to think that everyone needs to explain themselves to you.

Also, the bailout hasn't cost taxpayers nearly as much as everyone seems to think. A lot of the loans are being paid back on or ahead of schedule, and the government is making some interest on those loans. I agree that there should have been a system in place to prevent the situation from occurring but the problems are due to the instability of our finance system, not high taxes.
thank you!!!!

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Old 05-14-2010, 12:18 AM   #22
Catch

Wooo! Communism it basically saying, "I think normal people are too incompetent to take care of themselves!"

Well, I think, that's what it means. It's hard typing today. Luckily the hole in my denim hat has a zipper.
Old 05-14-2010, 12:25 AM   #23
Mir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catch View Post
Wooo! Communism it basically saying, "I think normal people are too incompetent to take care of themselves!"

Well, I think, that's what it means. It's hard typing today. Luckily the hole in my denim hat has a zipper.

Greatest. Post. Ever.
Mir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 04:47 AM   #24
All Shall Be Judged

Quote:

Well, considering that you just did, it seems that you're perfectly happy to hear the sound of your own voice. What you're not interested in is dialogue with others, which is typical of your conduct here.

I'm genuinely curious as to whether you're this big an ass in real life.
All Shall Be Judged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 06:28 AM   #25
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Shall Be Judged View Post
Well, considering that you just did, it seems that you're perfectly happy to hear the sound of your own voice. What you're not interested in is dialogue with others, which is typical of your conduct here.

I'm genuinely curious as to whether you're this big an ass in real life.
I absolutely am--feel free to ignore anything and everything I say.