Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 09-30-2007, 09:23 AM   #1
crucifix

what makeup do you use?

What makeup do you guys use? I use colorstay for foundation and coty airspun powder.
crucifix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 11:13 AM   #2
DefinedRapture

I used black eyeliner, occasionally green. Sometimes black-gray shades of eyeshadow; or blue
DefinedRapture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 11:29 AM   #3
honeythorn

MAC for foundation, Rimmel pressed powder. I use a cheap liquid concealer, because it's the palest one I could find, and actually quite good. I also use Rimmel anti blemish stick concealer ( I have acne ) . All in the palest shades.

For eyes, I use a variety of eyeshadows, in various brands, MAC do great eyepaints and pigment pots, the colours are very intense and you only need a little. Body shop do some nice shimmery eyeshadows too. As far as colour is concerned, there's the obligatory black, but I actually use this to accent the crease of my eye, as opposed to solid black all over the lid , which doesn't look quite right on me.

I like to use a shimmery dark purple-grey, accented with black, and precise eyeliner most days. I also have shadows , paints and pigments in purples, greens, silver, red, deep metallic chocolate brown, and dark glittery blue.

For eyeliner, I use Benefit's Babecake eyeliner. It's a solid eyeliner that you have to apply with a wet brush like paint. It's really great for very precise lines, which I do a LOT of. I only use pencil on the inner lid.

I am also experimenting with adding a touch of white eyeliner in the inner corners of the eye. I think it's working quite well. I like glittery eyeliner sticks to use on the inner corners and the outside of designs too.

I don't wear lipstick all that often, I think I have the wrong shaped mouth for it to be honest, but when I do, I use a really nice, bright rich red by Maybelline, and also a dark purple/berry shade from the Boots 17 range. I don't use gloss because my hair sticks to it :/
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 11:42 AM   #4
Graveyard.Crow

I use whatever pencil I can find for my eyebrows, usually a grey color (I have to outline them due to thinness which takes away their darkness). Currently using Annabelle because it seems very good and rather inexpensive.
Also for the BRIGHTEST lips I use Ruby Woo by MAC.
Old 09-30-2007, 01:46 PM   #5
badteccy

Retractable eyeliner of any kind for my eyes and brows, bright red N.Y.C. lipstick
badteccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 02:50 PM   #6
kwaniesiam

I usually use Revlon Colorstay self sharpening eyeliner. Rimmel Exagerate works fairly well in a pinch plus comes in some fun colors. I'm not picky with mascara or eyeshadow, for that I go by color rather than brand. For powder, I use this stuff http://www.everydayminerals.com/ in neutral fair. It's really light and looks great plus covers just as much as a liquid and powder IMO. Other foundations of the non-mineral variety tend to make me break out.
kwaniesiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 03:02 PM   #7
Green.Lady

I usually go for drugstore stuff - for the eyeliner, purple/grey/copper eyeshadows, and the lipsticks and glosses. I usually use Benefit's tinting serum to stain my lips red before putting anything on. I use pressed powder made by a local makeup chain. I've tried fancy mascaras, but I find that the Maybelline stuff in the watermelon tube works just as well.
Green.Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 08:17 PM   #8
Cicero

Christian Dior foundation, YvesSaintLaurent eyeliner pencil, Revlon and Kanebo liquid eyeliners, Givenchy eyebrow pencil, Lancome mascara and a whole array of MAC eyeshadows and lipsticks. I usually buy my makeup from the Duty Free places at airports, hence some of the rather overpriced brands (still very good quality though).

My Etsy store: www.Cicero1334.etsy.com

[And check out 1334 while you're at it: www.myspace.com/club1334 ]
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 08:47 PM   #9
darkbird

I used to work at a Sephora, so my makeup is really mixed brand wise.
My favorites are Urban Decay and MAC.
darkbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 10:01 PM   #10
raggedyanne

Urban Decay for eyeshadows. I currently use Zero, Fishnet and Adore as my main colors. I like MAC products, and use Maybelline "Antique Jade" because it's so bright.
Eyeliner: Bourjois for liquid and NYC for all my pencils.
Foundation: NARS in Flesh (my skin is too olive to do the really pale look)
Concealer: Stila in 01
Lips: I use a bit of everything for this. I usually wear tinted glosses and I have become addicted to this plumper called Lip Venom.
At some point, you need to look yourself in the mirror and realize that what other people did to you does not define you as a person. You and your actions define who you are as a person. It's up to you to be a good person, in spite of all the evil you've faced. In fact, it should be because of the evil you see that it's good you do. Be the change you want in the world. Next time someone tells me that they're an asshole because they've had a bad life, I'm stabbing them in the eye with a spork.
raggedyanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 05:28 AM   #11
Lucretia_my_Reflection

I use

Eyeliner:
rimmel liquid eyeliner
http://www.pimpindeals.com/images/176222.jpg

Foundation:
Cover Girl TruBlend [so broke at the moment]

Eyeshadow:
Max factor for black because it doesn't fade at all, and cover girl etc or when im happy in wallet i use.
http://www.tmfcosmetics.com/

Nail polish:
it ranges from $12.00 a bottle stuff to the $2.00 shop stuff

Mascara-Loreal paris waterproof mascara the stuff in the blue bottle

Lipstick:
this stuff makes me happy in lips
http://www.pimpindeals.com/images/43408s.jpeg

Powder:
I just use normal $3.00 stuff from the supermarket to set it all, and then i hold my breath and shut my eyes and spray hairspray over the lot. Because if the eyebrows run then i have no eyebrows and it gets old fast having to re-touch them alot.
Lucretia_my_Reflection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 06:57 AM   #12
chelseagirl

For eyeshadow and foundation, I mostly only use Ben Nye. For eyeliner, I use Maybelline waterproof liquid liner.
Old 10-01-2007, 08:22 AM   #13
darkbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucretia_my_Reflection
Powder:
I just use normal $3.00 stuff from the supermarket to set it all, and then i hold my breath and shut my eyes and spray hairspray over the lot. Because if the eyebrows run then i have no eyebrows and it gets old fast having to re-touch them alot.
Just a suggestion, you might want to try using an eyeshadow primer on your brows before applying your liner. Urban Decay's Primer Potion is incredible, I use it on my shaved brows and I still have brows at the end of the day.
Either that or you can try Benefit's She Laq, which is a sealant.
darkbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 01:56 PM   #14
DarkPrayer

Location: In a place covered in darkness but filled with only good people
I look terrible in make-up. If I didn't, I would wear black eyeliner and eye shadow and black lipstick. It doesn't look good on me at all, so, sadly, I wear none.
DarkPrayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 04:08 PM   #15
thedoll

mac foundation and eye creams and hard candy eye creams and what not

liquid eyeliner maybeline and the mascara with the green lid and pink bottom. fantastic.

I'd like to do more than survive, I'd like to rub it in your face. -The Dresden Dolls
thedoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 09:15 AM   #16
crucifix

Quote:
I use

Foundation:
Cover Girl TruBlend [so broke at the moment]

the trublend powder compact foundation in ivory is VERY pale. Excellent for looking like you have a pallor. Have you tried that one? I don't like the liquid trublend foundation at all.
Old 10-03-2007, 09:17 AM   #17
crucifix

I really like my coty powder. I have been mixing equal parts muted beige and naturelle lately and love the effect. Very convincing looking pallor. Muted beige is VERY pale flesh tone, despite the name, and naturelle is very white, like a 'snow' color. So together they look perfect. I tried the naturelle by itself but it went on streaky it was so pale.

oh, and I also don't use my foundation to pale me out that much. Too me, that is powder's job; too pale liquid foundation looks streaky and cakey on me along with pale powder. I use buff in colorstay and it is a teensy bit light for me, but not much.
Old 10-03-2007, 05:29 PM   #18
moonlightrose

I use black liquid eyeliner from Sephora and usually a reddish-brown tinted lip gloss or red lipstick. I currently have to take a swimming class in the middle of the school day, so I don't do a lot with my make-up anymore because it will get so messed up. I like anything by Urban Decay, though.
moonlightrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 05:04 AM   #19
TopHaggardDoll

I use anything if it's good.

I have to say though, Rimmel do the best eyeliner EVER!
Old 10-04-2007, 06:33 AM   #20
Lucretia_my_Reflection

Quote:
Originally Posted by crucifix
the trublend powder compact foundation in ivory is VERY pale. Excellent for looking like you have a pallor. Have you tried that one? I don't like the liquid trublend foundation at all.

oo i use the moose/thick version of it, i will have to try it because i am very pale and i have lots of problems finding powders that don't darken my skin.

http://img.products.howstuffworks.co...1/41762817.JPG
Lucretia_my_Reflection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 08:17 AM   #21
Underwater Ophelia

Revlon liquid eyeliner for my eyebrows and to line. Covergirl pressed powder to make sure my face isn't shiny, and sometimes I'll wear lipstick, but I've got a million and match them to my clothes, so that varies. I rarely wear eyeshadow. Oh, and mascara, of course.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 08:21 AM   #22
crucifix

Quote:
oo i use the moose/thick version of it, i will have to try it because i am very pale and i have lots of problems finding powders that don't darken my skin.

http://img.products.howstuffworks.co...1/41762817.JPG
Yeah, it comes in a box in this really ugly silver oval compact. I am just happy that the ivory shade is so freaking pale.
Old 10-04-2007, 08:40 AM   #23
killer_asian_Dax

MAC everything except my eyeliner. I use Maybeline for that.

My crappy Myspace
killer_asian_Dax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 03:10 PM   #24
psyches_reflection

Boots Natural collection for concealer and mascara (though I'm using a nice clumpylicious Body Shop one at the moment, because it was free!)

Collection 2000 powder in Ivory - it matches my odd skin juuuuust right.

Wet n Wild liquid eyeliner, when the mood takes me - it's not very good though, I'm gonna get another Rimmel one, that stuff was fantastic!

Natural collection eyeliner pencil - also not very good, but I don't like to throw stuff away. Once it's run out, it's back to Avon Glimmersticks for me! It's good as an eyebrow pencil though (pale, patchy brows, blech).

Eyeshadows - my favourites are Superdrug Kolor, for random glittery mettalic nonsense, and Boots 17 do great bright colours! My current favourite is a No. 17 limited edition eye pallete in shimmery green, purple and navy.

I do occasionally wear foundation, which is over-priced Body Shop cream stuff, in their palest shade. It's good as a base for my lipstick, from the same store, in a shade called Garnet. I have a really old blue/purple lippie from there that I use now and again when the mood takes me.
Old 10-04-2007, 07:18 PM   #25
(heartofflames)

Japanese Makemania eyeliner....no foundation because mom will go nutso if i sneak it, so being glad i am naturally pale, and cleaning my face extremely well with wash.
(heartofflames) is offline   Reply With Quote