Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 10-20-2008, 05:02 AM   #1
Agent17

Jet captain reported UFO sighting

Quote:
LONDON, England (CNN) -- Thousands of documents about reported UFO sightings -- ranging from calm accounts by professional pilots to unhinged rants about the extraterrestrial menace -- have been released by the British Ministry of Defence.

The 4,500 pages cover sightings that were reported from 1986 through 1992. The British military released them to a curious public as part of a four-year project to transfer all such documents to the National Archives.

One highlight from the batch released Monday involves the captain of an Italian airliner. He shouted "Look out!" to his co-pilot in April 1991 after claiming to see a beige "missile-shaped object" shoot past the cockpit.

In that instance, the defence ministry ruled out a missile and "all the usual explanations," wrote David Clarke, a UFO expert and journalism instructor at Sheffield Hallam University, who worked with the National Archives to prepare the new materials for release.

"The end result was this was a genuine UFO and the file was simply closed," he wrote. "There was nothing more they could do."

The newly released documents also carry an account by a U.S. Air Force pilot who says he was told to shoot down an unidentified flying craft over eastern England. But before he could fire, the object disappeared.

The next day, a man arrived to debrief the pilot and "he was told in no uncertain terms that what he had seen on his radar was top secret and he wasn't to speak about it to anyone," Clarke wrote.

The first set of files was made available to members of the public in May. It covered reported UFO sightings from 1978 to 1987, and included hundreds of police reports taken from witnesses who described seeing lights or strange objects in the sky.

People who reported having seen UFOs typically describe various shapes and colors of lights, moving in formation or hovering in the sky. Witnesses reported orange, red, white and green lights that were diamond-shaped, square, or cigar-shaped.

They reported them to police, who have a standard 16-question form specifically for UFO sightings.

"The vast majority of them are just ordinary people who've seen something unusual and thought that they ought to tell someone about it," Clarke has said.

The Ministry of Defence said it examined the reports solely to determine whether enemy aircraft had infiltrated British airspace. Once it was determined that no enemy aircraft were in the sky, it did not investigate further.

"The Ministry of Defence has no other interest or role regarding UFO matters and does not consider questions regarding the existence or otherwise of extraterrestrial life-forms," it said in May.
http://edition.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/eu...ufo.sightings/

Well, there ya go. Let the speculation begin.
Agent17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 05:14 AM   #2
Albert Mond

It's those damn Mexicans.
Albert Mond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 05:53 AM   #3
dead_dreams

Don't be racist Albert.

You hear stories of abductions and encounters with extra-terrestrials on the TV, but I wan't to have an experiance of my own.
Old 10-20-2008, 10:23 AM   #4
Opteron_Man

Government spooks are just taking their flying saucer out for a spin.
Opteron_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 10:31 AM   #5
Opteron_Man

Don't believe for a second that its ALIENS.
Aliens can't get here from another star system, its too far.
You can only go so fast in outer space, if a grain of space dust hit your ship
at even a quarter the speed of light you would be obliterated.
So you can only creep along. at that speed, they couldn't get here, they would all die in the voyage. We are so far away, that they couldn't even see us. I don't dismiss the idea that aliens might exist somewhere "out there"
but they couldn't come here and wouldn't come here.
Even if they could come here, I doubt that they would travel thousands of LIGHTYEARS to come to Earth to do anal probes.

Give me a break. The whole story from jerks like Bob Lazar are just bullshit.
I can go on and on but I won't, I have other thing to do.

I know jerks like Mollymac will pop up and give her two cents worth,
well, if you are right and I am wrong, lets just see how far YOU get with your load of crap.
Old 10-20-2008, 12:14 PM   #6
Malice In Wonderland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opteron_Man
Don't believe for a second that its ALIENS.
Aliens can't get here from another star system, its too far.
You can only go so fast in outer space, if a grain of space dust hit your ship
at even a quarter the speed of light you would be obliterated.
So you can only creep along. at that speed, they couldn't get here, they would all die in the voyage. We are so far away, that they couldn't even see us. I don't dismiss the idea that aliens might exist somewhere "out there"
but they couldn't come here and wouldn't come here.
Even if they could come here, I doubt that they would travel thousands of LIGHTYEARS to come to Earth to do anal probes.

Give me a break. The whole story from jerks like Bob Lazar are just bullshit.
I can go on and on but I won't, I have other thing to do.

I know jerks like Mollymac will pop up and give her two cents worth,
well, if you are right and I am wrong, lets just see how far YOU get with your load of crap.
Wtf are you on about?

Who says they're lightyears away anyway?
There's so much we don't know.

I'm not saying OMG IT'S DEFINITLEY ALIENZZZZ
But you can't say it's too far for them.
They might live much longer.
They could be completely different creatures that use completely different technology.
It could just be all the people were tripping out.

If they were flying their own spaceship why would they be ordered to shoot it down?
And I reckon MollyMac's load of crap could at least get a couple of galaxies along and back in a few million years.
Malice In Wonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 01:03 PM   #7
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malice In Wonderland
If they were flying their own spaceship why would they be ordered to shoot it down?
Combat test flight? Also who says the fighter pilots were actually going to do it? They could of merely claimed to have ordered them to shoot it down.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 01:38 PM   #8
Malice In Wonderland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renatus
Combat test flight? Also who says the fighter pilots were actually going to do it? They could of merely claimed to have ordered them to shoot it down.
Fair point.

Why was the U.S pilot ordered to shoot down something over England?
Does it say whereabouts it was?
Or if it was near and military bases?

Man I'm interested now.
I've heard of much more UFO reported sightings in America rather than in England or the UK.
Old 10-21-2008, 03:42 PM   #9
Opteron_Man

Not all flying saucers are piloted my people, some are robot ships.
So they can stage a fire fight with "aliens".
Old 10-21-2008, 05:25 PM   #10
Renatus

Quote:
Fair point.

Why was the U.S pilot ordered to shoot down something over England?
Does it say whereabouts it was?
Or if it was near and military bases?

Man I'm interested now.
I've heard of much more UFO reported sightings in America rather than in England or the UK.
Why was a U.S. pilot over England? Kind of odd that just as a UFO is over England an American pilot is ready to try and shoot it down. Sort of like it was there protecting something. Maybe he was there to protect the UFO from anyone interfering with it's test flight, or worse yet discovering it's true purpose.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Old 10-21-2008, 10:17 PM   #11
Opteron_Man

Here is a basic diagram of a flying saucer I drew.
http://tinyurl.com/5b93k5
The hull is a stainless steel hull with a stainless steel space frame.
There are surface mounted Tesla bulbs on top and on the front.
The bulbs have a separate HV DC source.
The football shaped things are units comprised of two conical Tesla coils mounted end to end with a single primary winding. These "football" coils are usually encased in a oil filled tank, but to make it simple to draw, I left the "tanks" out.

The electrode at the top of the ship puts out a negative DC
electrostatic pulse, and the one on the bottom puts out the positive AC brush discharge. I am butchering the explanation but the circuit you need to follow is in patent no.
There is a bunch of equipment I left out, like the transformers, spark gaps, generator, gyrostabilizer, switching system.
The bulbs on the front and top emit a special beam that Tesla called his veritable ropes of air. I think that is what holds the ship up. If you look at a UFO in the sky with an expensive military surplus night scope, you will se a blue thread going up from it and shooting out front the side. That the veritable ropes.
We are still trying to reinvent this saucer technology because it is classified. Damn!
Not you have a taste of what goes on. I know my description is shitty, but read though
Tesla’s stuff and you will notice that he will make cryptic comments on his perfect flying machine. Tesla once said that all of his inventions were made for the ship. Look though his patents ( the 200 unconcealed patents). A good book to read is “Tesla Said” and
“The Colorado Springs Notes”.
Old 10-21-2008, 10:29 PM   #12
Opteron_Man

Oops, the patents you need to look at are:
0723188 (Method of Signaling)
00725605 (System of Signaling)
US0447920 (HV/HF AC Alternator)
US0593138 (Contains cone shaped coil)
Old 10-21-2008, 10:42 PM   #13
Opteron_Man

It doesn't matter if they are different then we are.
Water is still water over there along with iron and other materials.
I don't care how advanced you are, you need to get past HUGE technical problems that are probably beyond humanity or alien.
The government pricks will go to any length to keeping the public dummied down about the true origin of saucer technology, they might even shoot down their own craft, but they won't be piloted. How dumb would it be if they shot the sucker down, it split open on the ground with a bunch of charred human bodies in scorched air force flight suits on them!
Old 10-22-2008, 04:28 AM   #14
Necrophagist

Next thing you know, the average I.Q of an alien is 3000, and can control time.
Necrophagist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 11:14 AM   #15
Malice In Wonderland

Renatus, I like your ideas, sorry if I seem ignorant I just don't always think of the best answers and require someone to open my eyes a bit.

And Opteron you sound like a grade A conspiracy theorist.
Old 10-22-2008, 12:49 PM   #16
Renatus

Quote:
Renatus, I like your ideas, sorry if I seem ignorant I just don't always think of the best answers and require someone to open my eyes a bit.

And Opteron you sound like a grade A conspiracy theorist.
It's alright, each theory has reasonable cause for existing. Personally I don't know which theory to cheer more for. If there are aliens they may have harmful intent. If it is the government then they definitely have harmful intent.

Old 10-22-2008, 01:45 PM   #17
Agent17

Quote:
It's alright, each theory has reasonable cause for existing. Personally I don't know which theory to cheer more for. If there are aliens they may have harmful intent. If it is the government then they definitely have harmful intent.
In any case we are screwed, I would trust aliens over the government though.
Old 10-22-2008, 02:11 PM   #18
Malice In Wonderland

Quote:
Harmful intent to us or the possible aliens?
It could be aliens AND the government.
If the Government show harmful intent to aliens, the aliens would be more than likely to show it back.

I think if extraterrestrial life exists, we can do nothing but learn from it.
Old 10-22-2008, 03:09 PM   #19
Opteron_Man

I didn't say that I thought that life didn't exist somewhere else in space.
I am saying that they couldn't get here and they wouldn't try to get here, it's too far. Not alot of you will disagree, but tell me how they'd get here then.

Also, I hear plenty about how aliens might be a million years ahead of us, well did you ever thing that we might be ahead of them or even equal?
Old 10-22-2008, 04:03 PM   #20
Agent17

I've always been a skeptic and I'm guessing that most sightings are just misinterpretations of military aircraft. But who says the nearest sentient species is thousands of light years away, what if life is extremely abundant in the universe? There are hundreds of star systems that are between 4-25 light years away, meaning close alien civilizations wouldn't even need to travel fast than light to reach Sol.
Old 10-22-2008, 04:37 PM   #21
††BlackRose††

Aliens probably do exist because I refuse to believe that out of the entire universe (whose end is still unknown), the planet Earth is the only one with life on it.

As for the story, I'm skeptical myself. I don't know, there's just something about alien sightings that I don't really believe and probably won't believe unless I see it for myself. There have been a lot of random people saying that they've "seen" these aliens when they're just a hoax. Goes along the same line of "the world is going to end!".
Old 10-22-2008, 04:53 PM   #22
Agent17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ††BlackRose††
Aliens probably do exist because I refuse to believe that out of the entire universe (whose end is still unknown), the planet Earth is the only one with life on it.

As for the story, I'm skeptical myself. I don't know, there's just something about alien sightings that I don't really believe and probably won't believe unless I see it for myself. There have been a lot of random people saying that they've "seen" these aliens when they're just a hoax. Goes along the same line of "the world is going to end!".
Yes, if this chaos continues the UFO nutters will have us seeing aliens in our toilets.
Old 10-23-2008, 09:46 AM   #23
Malice In Wonderland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opteron_Man
I didn't say that I thought that life didn't exist somewhere else in space.
I am saying that they couldn't get here and they wouldn't try to get here, it's too far. Not alot of you will disagree, but tell me how they'd get here then.

Also, I hear plenty about how aliens might be a million years ahead of us, well did you ever thing that we might be ahead of them or even equal?
Yes I did.
However there may be many alien races.
How can you know that it's to far for them?
You know that it's to far for US.
Old 10-23-2008, 10:10 AM   #24
Opteron_Man

Quote:
Yes I did.
However there may be many alien races.
How can you know that it's to far for them?
You know that it's to far for US.
It is too far for us and them. Because you can't go too fast in space.
If you were traveling only 1/4 the speed of light, and your ship was hit by a grain of space dust, you would be destroyed! So that means you would have to travel LIGHTYEARS at a snails pace! The ship MIGHT get there , but it would be full of million year old corpses. Out in deep space you need good shielding or else you will fry. I don't care what species of alien, they have to tackle the same obsticles that we do in deep space travel.
If aliens did see earth millions of years ago, they would have started on the long jorney back then and gotten here dead! At that time, there were only dinosaurs here! Why would they try to come here knowing they won't survive, to come to earth to visit dinos?
Old 10-24-2008, 04:16 AM   #25
Opteron_Man

Here are some plans for a flying saucer.
Two guys, a father and son, bought the second edition
of "Space Aliens from the Pentagon" and built a simple craft with two microwave dishes put together clamshell fashion. Even though it lacked
the bulbs, it did achive lift off. Without the bulbs, it probably won't have the startling performance that the UFO's people have seen tearing around in the sky.
Here are the plans. http://tinyurl.com/6rutsl