Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 06-16-2006, 08:55 AM   #26
BADSEED

Hilarious, I think it is so very true in some cases!
BADSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 11:50 AM   #27
Ben Lahnger

BADSEED, the quality of posting here IS a reflection on the people who are doing the posting. However, it is faulty thinking to assume that this might be why many of the senior members left. It is precisely the banning and/or departure of those senior members, who used to post the most thoughtful, engaging comments, that has left a vaccuum of quality and substance on these boards.

Also, this is not an open access, equal opportunity forum. It never has been. The site was formed around the literary culture core, and the forums developed alonside that community. The lessened importance of the literary side in recent months does not diminish the intelligence, competence and articulation that is expected from posters here (and I do know 13-year-olds who contribute here with fine grammar, spelling and punctuation.) To accept less is to say that this is just another My Space or Live Journal ... and every1 is welcum 2 talk any way they want 2,, as long as it makes tehm happy!

Yes, I am saying that it is my opinion this is not a place for people of all intelligence levels. I make no allowances for disabilities here ... there are no training wheels. You either contribute the the quality of the discussions here, or you don't.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 12:55 PM   #28
BADSEED

You misunderstood,I never said it that was why senior members left here. I'm just simply saying. So what someone makes a typo every now and then. I mean EVERYONE does it from time to time and it doesn't mean they are any less intelligent for making a tiny mistake. Bottom line no one's perfect. And to say someone isn't intelligent because they make occasional typos is rediculous. Again EVERYONE does it from time to time. I mean most geniuses came accross as though they had no common sense and some don't. And no offense but I'm getting sick of people telling me what this sites about when I've been around longer than the people telling me this.
I just want to know where all these extremely intelligent people got there masters in Gothic culture.
And I'm not pointing anyone out or trying to offend but I'm just getting sick of how intteligent everyone is on this board like everyone else is an idiot.
Old 06-16-2006, 01:09 PM   #29
Ben Lahnger

BADSEED, I don't think I misunderstood. I think you misspoke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADSEED
My point exactly not a whole lot of stimulating conversation lately, just alot of ballbusting, hmmm maybe that's why a few old school members left, or was it the stupid redicule other members put on them.
By the way, I can point out that "redicule" is actually spelled ridicule to you without going all postal. I've always been even handed in my criticisms, until people say something stupid like hate speech or intollerant raving or whining about something as insignificant as the everyday troubles we all go through.

And for the most part, when I saw the old guard (those long-term members who either got banned or left in disgust) flame someone, it wasn't for the occasional spelling error we all make. It was for either the kind of stupidity I just outlined or for egregious errors like run-on sentences and massive amounts of missing punctuation and l33t speak.

Now if you have a problem with the level of flaming and criticism that has commenced since the forums here were largely taken over by trolls and newbies, then I have only 2 thoughts for you:

1) "The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, but in ourselves ..." - by William Shakespear, from "Julius Caeser"

2) "We have met the enemy, and he is us!" - by Walt Kelly, from "Pogo"

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Old 06-16-2006, 04:07 PM   #30
BADSEED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger
BADSEED, I don't think I misunderstood. I think you misspoke.

I think you maybe right. That could have been taken two ways though.

By the way, I can point out that "redicule" is actually spelled ridicule to you without going all postal. I've always been even handed in my criticisms, until people say something stupid like hate speech or intollerant raving or whining about something as insignificant as the everyday troubles we all go through.

And for the most part, when I saw the old guard (those long-term members who either got banned or left in disgust) flame someone, it wasn't for the occasional spelling error we all make. It was for either the kind of stupidity I just outlined or for egregious errors like run-on sentences and massive amounts of missing punctuation and l33t speak.

Now if you have a problem with the level of flaming and criticism that has commenced since the forums here were largely taken over by trolls and newbies, then I have only 2 thoughts for you:

1) "The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, but in ourselves ..." - by William Shakespear, from "Julius Caeser"

2) "We have met the enemy, and he is us!" - by Walt Kelly, from "Pogo"
I don't go ballistic if someone corrects my grammar, you could have asked Xng if she was still here she was practically my spell check.
And thank you for sharing the wonderful quotes.

Look Ben I don't dislike you (in fact i think you have sharp wit and a good sense of humor) nor do I really dislike anyone on these boards.

Look i was stating my opinion as you were stating yours.
So flame and bicker away everyone, make yourself feel better by putting people down because they aren't quite as educated as you.
Have at it, as long as YOU feel better thats all that matters!
Old 06-16-2006, 04:13 PM   #31
Nocturne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger
Also, this is not an open access, equal opportunity forum. It never has been. The site was formed around the literary culture core, and the forums developed alonside that community. The lessened importance of the literary side in recent months does not diminish the intelligence, competence and articulation that is expected from posters here (and I do know 13-year-olds who contribute here with fine grammar, spelling and punctuation.) To accept less is to say that this is just another My Space or Live Journal ... and every1 is welcum 2 talk any way they want 2,, as long as it makes tehm happy!

Yes, I am saying that it is my opinion this is not a place for people of all intelligence levels. I make no allowances for disabilities here ... there are no training wheels. You either contribute the the quality of the discussions here, or you don't.
Thank you, I did not realise that these boards are the legacy of a writers' club with strict standards for joining. If this is a private place, you are of course welcome to be as selective as you wish. However, someone might place this information in the board sections specially addressed to prospective members, to save both old and new members from frustration.
Nocturne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 12:47 AM   #32
angel011

Nocturne, the rules are pointed out. They're in the For the Newbies! Yes, that means you! thread, and that thread is in every subforum, close to the top.
Old 06-19-2006, 05:52 AM   #33
BADSEED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex
Much of the "flaming" that goes on is an attempt to control the intelligence level of this forum. If you are not intelligent enough to post pertinent information on this site, you are driven away. Think of it as an exclusive club or school. If you are too slow to keep up with your peers, they will not accept you, no matter the cause. They have special schools and classes for people with disabilities, and there are other forums for people to post on.

And you are?
Old 06-19-2006, 06:48 AM   #34
horrorgirl

Quote:
And you are?
He's a person who came here to bitch about me putting down Vampire Freaks. Then he stayed. He's an idiot. You are not far behind.

I'm gothtastically delicious!
horrorgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 07:09 AM   #35
BADSEED

He seems to have an awlful lot to say for only being here for 2 months! That's all I'm saying Who asked for his fucking opinion he joined in may, a lil too wise for a newbie! I mean really WTF does he know about this forum?

Quote:
Originally Posted by horrorgirl
He's a person who came here to bitch about me putting down Vampire Freaks. Then he stayed. He's an idiot. You are not far behind.
Old 06-19-2006, 09:50 AM   #36
Sanctus Dei

Whoa, fucking whoa here... What the 'dead bloated body floating down the mississipp' is the bitching about?

*scrolls up to the top to re-read some of this twill*

Okay...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Seed
I've been noticing this site pretty much does nothing but harsh on people a lot more lately and at least to me it's getting real old.
What exactly do you mean by... "lately"?? This has been the way since I joined about one Andrew Eldritch ago.... I was subjected to a fierce bit of flaming, much over grammar or unintelligent commentary.. I learned to watch my p's and q's, show some respect and have both improved and increased my vocabulary ten fold. I was treated like the company bitch for the first month or two I danced through these threads... and now look? I observed and obeyed the rules...and for all I've mentioned I owe the elders a debt I could never repay. I can only hope I put the next "Sanctus" through the same right of passage.

Quote:
People get brutally attacked verbally their first minutes here and then told to fuck off and leave. Is this right?
Actually, believe it or not... I might agree with you here, to an extent. I know much of the board appreciates when I choose to ride someone’s ass... but this trait is carefully selective and as you all noticed with that poor 13 yr old whom was intentionally beat with a rice filled sock... I will step in if the board chooses to attack unjustly.

I don't want to reduce or destroy anyone’s freedom of speech when it pertains to the new hires But I do wish some of the younger users looked beyond my behavior and words to the reason behind each choice of flame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocturne
I am actually with BADSEED there - I've seen this happen a few times during my brief time here, and I just don't get it. I do not advocate netspeak, and I do appreciate correct spelling, grammar, punctuation and all the rest, but:
Why is it everyone is under the direct impression the only reason for the brutal acceptance ritual is a lack of grammatical rapoire(sp?)??
Granted much of the postal backlash pertains to both spelling and grammatical error, it further presses the individual to both learn and understand the use of the English language to it's full understanding. I see nothing wrong with that. (and I have yet to see anyone booted over a spelling error.. Miss a comma? No... but extensive netspeak and an attitude from hell? Get the fuck out.)

Quote:
I just want to know where all these extremely intelligent people got there masters in Gothic culture.
And I'm not pointing anyone out or trying to offend but I'm just getting sick of how intteligent everyone is on this board like everyone else is an idiot.
Just to extend the olive branch over little issues I promise not to call you out over your ironic error in this brief rant. Anyway, I have no docturne in Gothic anything, but I do know I spent a hellish bit of time appreciating my education... each and every one of the children in the US has the same opportunity as I, if they choose to under appreciate the importance of taking advantage of every second, it is in fact their loss... and for that I will refer to them as an idiot from day one.

I figure, if you intend to waste the time to learn a language, learn German, Spanish, Chinese... etc... What the fuck use is wasting precious brain power to store netspeak?? Hence, if they waste so much of their own time... what purpose would it serve if they waste mine to try to understand such idiotic and disappointing ass flung mumbling??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everything My Benny Said
What can I say... I love you Ben.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Seed in reference to Mr. Alex

Alex-
[Much of the "flaming" that goes on is an attempt to control the intelligence level of this forum. If you are not intelligent enough to post pertinent information on this site, you are driven away. Think of it as an exclusive club or school. If you are too slow to keep up with your peers, they will not accept you, no matter the cause. They have special schools and classes for people with disabilities, and there are other forums for people to post on]

BADSEED-
And you are?
Well in all honesty, he is a member of this site... same as you, giving him full rights to his opinions on subjects set forth, just as you are allowed. He was not derogatory in his response nor offensive in manner.. but your response was rather defensive and quite personally unkempt. Almost makes the subject of this forum hypocritical.

(But all in all Mr.Seed, I still love you. And thank you for being somewhat kind and empathetic, it's quite respectable)
Your blatant disregard and lack of respect for the members here pisses me off. You think that just because Sanctus likes you for some reason(?) , that you can act like a bastard and get absolutely no comeuppance? Fuck you dickwad!

-Never mistake my tolerance for fucking approval.... never.
Sanctus Dei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 10:05 AM   #37
BADSEED

Wow, way to break it down! And I never said I wasn't hypocritical, I'm just sick of people telling me what this forum is about.
And yes the olive branch is accepted, and you know I love you back Sanctus. I just don't like newer members trying to school me it's very fucking annoying since I've been here since Aug 2005. And Sanctus, that's MR.BADSEED to you.
Old 06-19-2006, 11:12 AM   #38
BADSEED

Actually i joined in aug.2004, i was wrong in the previous post.
Old 06-19-2006, 11:37 AM   #39
Sanctus Dei

Quote:
Wow, way to break it down! And I never said I wasn't hypocritical, I'm just sick of people telling me what this forum is about. And yes the olive branch is accepted, and you know I love you back Sanctus. I just don't like newer members trying to school me it's very fucking annoying since

Ain't it the fuckin' truth brother... *sigh*

Quote:
I've been here since *edit* Aug 2004. And Sanctus, that's MR.BADSEED to you.
Yes sir.. Mr. BADSEED sir.. question though, does this mean I have to play the submissive the next time I intend to brake out the night time toys?

Your blatant disregard and lack of respect for the members here pisses me off. You think that just because Sanctus likes you for some reason(?) , that you can act like a bastard and get absolutely no comeuppance? Fuck you dickwad!

Old 06-19-2006, 11:59 AM   #40
BADSEED

Of course Sanctus that would be ideal if you were the submisive one for a change. You owe me one after last time, but of course what fun is it if we don't take turns!
Christ i think my welts are still healing!
Old 06-19-2006, 12:09 PM   #41
Sanctus Dei

I apologise love, but I warned you... I oiled the whips earlier in the day and yet you still demanded I use them, that said... you broke my cuffs... I know you love to struggle but dammit man, I can't keep purchasing new metal everytime I have you over!!

Old 06-19-2006, 12:14 PM   #42
BADSEED

I'll bring you new hardware this time, but there is going to be a bit of payback (I know you like it like that, Sincerity when i crack that whip) And the struggle was all because it was your turn to be the submissive. But it's on this time ball gag and all!
HaHaHaHa
I'm just not going to be looking forward to the next time around. Shit my ass i still bruised.
Old 06-19-2006, 01:06 PM   #43
flawed-mentality

well put...you said that quite well...my hat is off to you
Old 06-19-2006, 01:12 PM   #44
BADSEED

Quote:
Originally Posted by flawed-mentality
well put...you said that quite well...my hat is off to you

????????????
Old 06-19-2006, 01:23 PM   #45
flawed-mentality

I imagin you havent herd of I used to come here alot but I found most people here were anal retented on spelling ,so now I come here periodicaly...it was well done
Old 06-19-2006, 01:43 PM   #46
Godslayer Jillian

And now, apparently, this dim-witted creature decided to renounce proper grammar entirely.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 01:53 PM   #47
flawed-mentality

I denounce proper gramer all the time...purposly accidentaly no matter ...why must you call someone dimwitted ,if they are there actions will proove it ,calling them that makes you look kinda bad for sinking to there level, or were you unable to think of anything clever to say...
Old 06-19-2006, 02:13 PM   #48
BADSEED

Quote:
Originally Posted by flawed-mentality
I imagin you havent herd of I used to come here alot but I found most people here were anal retented on spelling ,so now I come here periodicaly...it was well done

Muchos Gracias!
Old 06-19-2006, 02:24 PM   #49
flawed-mentality

I give credit were credit is due...
Old 06-19-2006, 02:27 PM   #50
Ben Lahnger

Sanctus, thank you for saying all that ... with style! You amost make me wish I was submissive.

Flawed, it was REALLY bad grammar. And Jillian (whom I don't always agree with) replied with a reasonable and acurate response. If there was any blood shed, it was from a self-inflicted wound.

To everyone, I managed to avoid the newbie hazing here ... by reading ALL of the rules first, by being slow to post initially and only posting when I had something of substance to say, and not starting a new thread until after I had 500 posts under my belt. So I am proof that it is possible to avoid the n00b flamage, and everyone could do this with a little bit of effort.

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,