Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 04-17-2008, 05:11 PM   #1
dreamersparadise

Mass Goth Wedding In Transylvania On Halloween

COUPLES REQUIRED FOR A MASS GOTH WEDDING DUE TO TAKE PLACE IN TRANSYLVANIA, ON 31st OCTOBER 2008. We are trying to get MARILYN MANSON to conduct the wedding, but at the moment it is proving tricky. Guinness Book of Records have been contacted regarding this event which will feature 30-100 couples. Please call selena scott on 0782 470 6357 for further information
dreamersparadise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 03:44 AM   #2
Smile

If you want a conduct a mass gothic wedding, why are you trying to get Marilyn Manson to conduct it? He's not really goth...
Great idea nonetheless. My home boy and I would totally join if we were old enough.
Oh, and weddings differ from culture to culture. Would it be a Christian-style wedding? Not all goths are Christians.

92% of kids in America turned to rap.
8% stayed true to rock
If you are part of the 8%, put this in your signature.
Smile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 07:40 AM   #3
LaBelleDameSansMerci

If they're getting Manson to conduct it, it's probably some "Satanist" thing cuz that's oh-so-goth...
[/cynicism]
Like a tea-tray in the sky.

LaBelleDameSansMerci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 07:45 AM   #4
Smile

Satanist? I didn't know that Manson was a Satanist. But still, the person who decided to organize the Uber Goth Wedding apparently doesn't know a thing about goth.

92% of kids in America turned to rap.
8% stayed true to rock
If you are part of the 8%, put this in your signature.
Smile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 10:31 AM   #5
JCC

My Mass Blues Wedding in St Louis will be so much better. I'm getting 50 Cent and Cannibal Corpse to conduct it.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 07:49 PM   #6
KontanKarite

LoL!!! I fucking love you sometimes, JCC.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 01:36 PM   #7
gothicusmaximus

We should call up pretending to be some sort of goth mafia dedicated to preserving the integrity of the subculture.
"Go ahead. Have your little wedding. Have Manson and Gerard Way for all we care. But if you print the word 'goth' on so much as one invitation..."
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 01:48 PM   #8
JCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothicusmaximus
We should call up pretending to be some sort of goth mafia dedicated to preserving the integrity of the subculture.
"Go ahead. Have your little wedding. Have Manson and Gerard Way for all we care. But if you print the word 'goth' on so much as one invitation..."
"You'll be sleeping with the fishes... and it'll make your eyeliner smudge."

*cocks gun*
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 01:52 PM   #9
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smile
Satanist? I didn't know that Manson was a Satanist. But still, the person who decided to organize the Uber Goth Wedding apparently doesn't know a thing about goth.
Or, they want someone to conduct the ceremony who actually has the right to. Manson is ordained in a church. If you can think of a gothic rock artist who has those qualifications, you let them know, hmm?
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 02:55 PM   #10
gothicusmaximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia
Or, they want someone to conduct the ceremony who actually has the right to. Manson is ordained in a church. If you can think of a gothic rock artist who has those qualifications, you let them know, hmm?
Secular weddings can be conducted by anyone. Even if they're satanists and want to be married by someone who that church recognizes as a minister, you'd think they'd get anyone but Manson, who most goths disdain, or at least refrain from broadcasting his involvement in an advertisement designed to attract goths.
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 03:40 PM   #11
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Secular weddings can be conducted by anyone. Even if they're satanists and want to be married by someone who that church recognizes as a minister, you'd think they'd get anyone but Manson, who most goths disdain, or at least refrain from broadcasting his involvement in an advertisement designed to attract goths.
Can't you just let me be a ball-breaker?
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 07:33 AM   #12
LaBelleDameSansMerci

Quote:
Wel, since these people seem to know nothing about Goth, they probably think that Manson Embodies The Entire Existence Of Goth, like many mall-goths apparently believe.
Like a tea-tray in the sky.

LaBelleDameSansMerci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 12:04 PM   #13
Tea and Cake or Death

Quote:
OMG! That's one of the best ideas ever! It's right up there with the Gay Mafia. (will & grace)
Tea and Cake or Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 08:29 PM   #14
KontanKarite

We can get The Gothic Liberation Front to do it.

Old 04-21-2008, 01:20 PM   #15
Tea and Cake or Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by KontanKarite
We can get The Gothic Liberation Front to do it.
Nah! I say we use the People's Front of Judea! (bonus points awarded to all who get it.)
Tea and Cake or Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 11:51 AM   #16
bloodyrose86

I'd love to go, But I have no one to marry. ( I really don't wanna relationship now anyways)
bloodyrose86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 08:43 PM   #17
Mr. Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBelleDameSansMerci
Wel, since these people seem to know nothing about Goth, they probably think that Manson Embodies The Entire Existence Of Goth, like many mall-goths apparently believe.
Dunno, many of the mallgoths where I live don't seem to have much a liking for him.
Mr. Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 08:53 AM   #18
Murasaki eyeliner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tea and Cake or Death
Nah! I say we use the People's Front of Judea!
lol good one

im thinking of marrying my teapot there, and maybe my cheese toasti machine too.

mmmm chedder induced polygamy

"Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before."
-Mae West
Murasaki eyeliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 05:05 AM   #19
Chazz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murasaki eyeliner
lol good one

im thinking of marrying my teapot there, and maybe my cheese toasti machine too.

mmmm chedder induced polygamy
Hmm.. I used to have one a few years back.. Chocked full of cheesy goodness!
Chazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 08:48 AM   #20
YuriBR

I think it's great. I didn't know goths had so much against Manson.
YuriBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 01:29 PM   #21
KontanKarite

They really don't. Goths have everything against the mainstream trying to sell our identity and then being perfectly incorrect about it.

Old 05-10-2008, 04:46 PM   #22
beauismyhorse

It's not Manson I hate. He's basically the mall goth idol. That's what I hate, the fact that so many people think he's a goth. He's not, and I think he has even said that he wasn't.
And because he's an open Satanist, and the mall goth idol, I get asked questions about religion. They just can't get it through their thick skulls that I'm not a Mansonite. (or a Satanist!)
beauismyhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 11:12 PM   #23
Mr. Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by beauismyhorse
It's not Manson I hate. He's basically the mall goth idol. That's what I hate, the fact that so many people think he's a goth. He's not, and I think he has even said that he wasn't.
And because he's an open Satanist, and the mall goth idol, I get asked questions about religion. They just can't get it through their thick skulls that I'm not a Mansonite. (or a Satanist!)
Well, given that he largely seems to be a Rozz rip-off, and that he has met Daniel Ash in person, I'd think he at least knows something about goth.
But, I agree that it is unsettling that he's the one most people think of when it comes to goth. About three out of four times that I begin to try explaining goth rock to someone, they go "WUT LIKE MANSUN LOLOLOLOLOL" - the other one-fourth say H.I.M.
Mr. Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 11:14 PM   #24
raggedyanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia
POINT! I'd join i if I was legal ;D
And Manson may be hated because the mainstream thinks he's goth, but he's never claimed to be goth, is not actually a satanist (just an ordained minister of their church), and a rather interesting fellow.
At some point, you need to look yourself in the mirror and realize that what other people did to you does not define you as a person. You and your actions define who you are as a person. It's up to you to be a good person, in spite of all the evil you've faced. In fact, it should be because of the evil you see that it's good you do. Be the change you want in the world. Next time someone tells me that they're an asshole because they've had a bad life, I'm stabbing them in the eye with a spork.
raggedyanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 08:07 AM   #25
xParadigmx

i love that. hes an interesting fellow. ive heard hes really smart. my mom told me once the only eason im smart is cause i have no common sense. but i told her, yes i do. im not getting married by manson in transylvania now am i? she didnt get it.
xParadigmx is offline   Reply With Quote