Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 07-14-2008, 11:38 AM   #1
Murasaki eyeliner

i would like to bash the sick f#@%ker who made up this story + pics head in

ok i know this is going to sound hilariouse now but it was not fucking funny at the time.has anyone round here heard of the breast larve hoax?

if not let me explain it to you, some person made a pretty realistic picture (most liky in photoshop) of larve burrowing into a womans breast and posted it on the internet,all well and good,gross but not neccesarily warranting a head bashing.

the guy(i say that cos i can see a woman doing this) that i have a problom with is the one that made up a frankly quite scary story about it.its pretty long so im not going to post it here,if you really want to read it its here: http://www.snopes.com/photos/medical/breastrash.asp

now i read this yesterday on another website which was trying to pass it off as fact and they did an embarrasingly good job of it too,me (along with a few friends who i emailed it to) in a panic ran round the house boiling our undies terrified of catching the terrible boobfly.a few hours later i found out from anouther website that it was a hoax(thank god)

and while i can laugh at our reactions now ,im pretty pissed off at the guy that tried to scare the living daylights out most of the female demographic.if people must post discusting storys + pics they could at least have the decency to say theyr a made at the end of the artical.

ps for all the guys lauging their heads off now,i just heard that they've discoverd a new type of worm that feeds off bollocks .........

"Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before."
-Mae West
Murasaki eyeliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 11:47 AM   #2
Tam Li Hua

I hate to say this, but the pic doesn't really look all that realistic. :/ I would think that if there were actual larvae burrowing their way into one's breast, that:

-- One would be able to feel it.

-- The breast tissue all around that area would be swollen, red, and not at all healthy-looking.

-- That the supposed epidemic would be on the national news forewarning everyone about it.

As for a guy making the pic...well, did you read what Snopes had to say about it? No one knows where it originated from, and originally it had nothing to do with the story.

May I ask where you first found this pic? If it was on Snopes, then you really should have scrolled down further where they debunk the myth before panicking.

May I also ask...how old are you? ^^;;;
Old 07-14-2008, 11:55 AM   #3
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Yeah the thought of bugs digging into somone's flesh like that is one of the few things I'm afraid of. I really wish they had a warning for that very disturbing picture, or better yet a link so it is optional if you want to see it or not.

Though it should be noted that near the bottom they do describe 1 documented case of such a thing happening in one of the poorest countries of Africa.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 11:56 AM   #4
LiUsAiDh

Presumably it started out as one of those jokes that some guys find hilarious, which are just annoying and sick, like those chain letters which tell you you'll die if it's not sent on. >_>

Pie Jesu domine..... Donna eis requiem - *thwack*

'To become truly immortal, a work of art must escape all human limits: logic and common sense will only interfere. But once these barriers are broken, it will enter the realms of childhood visions and dreams.' - Giorgio de Chirico
LiUsAiDh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 11:57 AM   #5
gothicusmaximus

Ah, photoshop disease, generally confined to the island of shoop, but known to make sporadic appearances in other areas across the globe.
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 12:08 PM   #6
Metabolik

Thats actually really gross for some reason lol...
Old 07-14-2008, 12:15 PM   #7
She_Is_My_Sin

That picture looks rather unrealistic. If things were burrowing through flesh, I imagine there would be a bit more gore. Eh... I guess it's served it's purpose of duping people who will believe anyting they see on the internet.
She_Is_My_Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 12:57 PM   #8
Noumi

In my opinion you had to verify from another source first, specially if you found out about it on the internet. Most of the things they say online are fake, or have been altered or modified, that´s why I NEVER beleive what I see in all those weird sites.

ピラール
Noumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 01:29 PM   #9
PortraitOfSanity

Would you be as pissed if it were a picture of bugs burrowing into a penis? Probably not. Hypocrite.
PortraitOfSanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 01:31 PM   #10
JCC

Bahahahahahaha, sorry, but it's your fault for believing it. I personally find that picture hilarious.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 05:20 PM   #11
LetheanBlacklight

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortraitOfSanity
Would you be as pissed if it were a picture of bugs burrowing into a penis? Probably not. Hypocrite.
lmao funny funny funny shit
LetheanBlacklight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 05:50 PM   #12
Solumina

Quote:
How exactly did you jump to this conclusion?
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 07:01 PM   #13
Beneath the Shadows

Quote:
Assuming you have a penis, what would worry you more... something about testicular cancer, or something about ovarian cancer? Continuing with that assumption, if what you learned turned out to be false, which one would be more likely to piss you off... the one about something that could, if it were true, affect you, or the one about something which can never directly affect you?

last.fm

Help my MiniCity grow
Help my MiniCity's industry
Beneath the Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 07:06 PM   #14
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Quote:
I don't really think it matters what private areas they are burrowing into, Its a disgusting thought nomatter what.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 07:32 PM   #15
MollyMac

OP:

And so... in your disgust and rebellion against this kind of mindless doggerel and obvious Photoshop-itis, you perpetuate the story and image?

That'll learn'em.
Old 07-14-2008, 11:59 PM   #16
Graveyard.Crow

What has been seen cannot be unseen. My god, it may not be real but I'm so disturbed I don't think I'll be able to sleep. *cringes*
Old 07-15-2008, 12:11 AM   #17
Wingweaver_The_Vampire

lolll i'm imagining u terrified and running around the house bowling undies as u said... and screaming "ahhhh larvae's coming larvae's coming!" lol sorry
Wingweaver_The_Vampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 05:57 AM   #18
PortraitOfSanity

Don't apologize when you call stupid people on their shit, it gives them an excuse to post more...
Old 07-15-2008, 05:59 AM   #19
PortraitOfSanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beneath the Shadows
Assuming you have a penis, what would worry you more... something about testicular cancer, or something about ovarian cancer? Continuing with that assumption, if what you learned turned out to be false, which one would be more likely to piss you off... the one about something that could, if it were true, affect you, or the one about something which can never directly affect you?
A. Neither, cancer sucks regardless of whether it affects me or anyone else.

B. No.

C. Learn to appreciate sarcasm.
Old 07-15-2008, 06:26 AM   #20
Tam Li Hua

Quote:

B. No.

You -do- realize that sarcasm doesn't really convert well over t3h Internetz, correct..?
Old 07-15-2008, 07:21 AM   #21
Murasaki eyeliner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tam Li Hua
I hate to say this, but the pic doesn't really look all that realistic. :/ I would think that if there were actual larvae burrowing their way into one's breast, that:

-- One would be able to feel it.

-- The breast tissue all around that area would be swollen, red, and not at all healthy-looking.

-- That the supposed epidemic would be on the national news forewarning everyone about it.

As for a guy making the pic...well, did you read what Snopes had to say about it? No one knows where it originated from, and originally it had nothing to do with the story.

May I ask where you first found this pic? If it was on Snopes, then you really should have scrolled down further where they debunk the myth before panicking.

May I also ask...how old are you? ^^;;;
ok for one thing i didnt find the artical on snopes,i found it on anouther website which tried to pass it off a real.

the picture was supposed to be a picture of the breast after the larve had been removed.although i do realise it isnt the most realistic of images its still pretty well done.

and yes i do realise that i acted like an idiot and i should have checked it out on a few other websites before going batshit .but i have a complete paranoia about maggotts and flesh burrowing things in general and considering this was supposed to have happend in africa were they have an abudance of flesh burrowing thingies it didnt seem all that unlikly.

the artical also made a pretty good point on the fact that considering so much of our clothing is made in the third world its inevitable that some very nast stuff must occasionaly find its way in with it,which also freaked me out

by the way im 15

and lastly, yes wingweaver i pretty much ran round the house yelling random shit about bra fly and the like, which seriously weirded out my parents

"Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before."
-Mae West
Murasaki eyeliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 08:16 AM   #22
Tam Li Hua

wtf...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murasaki eyeliner
ok for one thing i didnt find the artical on snopes,i found it on anouther website which tried to pass it off a real.

the picture was supposed to be a picture of the breast after the larve had been removed.although i do realise it isnt the most realistic of images its still pretty well done.

and yes i do realise that i acted like an idiot and i should have checked it out on a few other websites before going batshit .but i have a complete paranoia about maggotts and flesh burrowing things in general and considering this was supposed to have happend in africa were they have an abudance of flesh burrowing thingies it didnt seem all that unlikly.

the artical also made a pretty good point on the fact that considering so much of our clothing is made in the third world its inevitable that some very nast stuff must occasionaly find its way in with it,which also freaked me out

by the way im 15

and lastly, yes wingweaver i pretty much ran round the house yelling random shit about bra fly and the like, which seriously weirded out my parents
Paranoia or no, you should know to check the sources of stories like that that you find on the Internet before you freak out. :|

As for the article itself, no I can't say that it's all that believable. It sounds like every other forwarded story on the Net. -_-;; [Be warned, the little girl with cancer who needs to have emails forwarded so that a corporation will pay for her surgery has been going around since the early '90s. ]
Old 07-15-2008, 10:09 AM   #23
Solumina

Remember that the best hoaxes do have a grain of truth to them, the girl in Africa did indeed have larva burrowing in her flesh, the removal of those larva was recorded and accompanied many of the postings of the "article" it just said that this was happening to people everywhere instead of the truth, that poor girl is the only documented case.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 10:39 AM   #24
Beneath the Shadows

Quote:

B. No.

A. You'd be just as worried about getting a form of cancer that you cannot get because you do not possess the proper organs as you would be about getting a form of cancer that you can get? That just makes no sense at all.

B. I didn't ask a yes or no question.

C. Learn to make sarcasm recognizable as such.

last.fm

Help my MiniCity grow
Help my MiniCity's industry
Beneath the Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 10:52 AM   #25
MitsyMayhem

Why are people fighting really? I doubt it's going to be that big of a deal when you're 62.

But pertaining to the story, the image, though obviously fake is very disquieting. I keep thinking about it, but the link on the page to the guy with maggots in his brain is a lot worse.
MitsyMayhem is offline   Reply With Quote