Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 07-10-2012, 07:48 PM   #26
cannibalnuns

This is what irks me.. I am not sure about the rest of you likes.
Firmness in enduring and exertion is a character I always wish to possess. I have always despised the whining yelp of complaint and cowardly resolve.- Robert Burns
cannibalnuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 03:22 AM   #27
aisehino

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIEabolical_Vixen View Post
Is when I'm talking to someone and they don't say words correctly . I'm not perfect , but come on people . Proper grammar was one of the first things we learn in school . There's this one word in particular that gets me . Knobles , it should be pronounced " nobles " but I have heard quit a few people say it as " kuh-nobles " . Like wtf ?!?! No you don't say the " k" its SILENT ! Another thing that pisses me off , is when people use big words to make themselves sound smart . However , when they use it incorrectly it just makes them sound even stupider than they probably really are . I can't stand not being able to have a decent conversation anymore with people . I remember this one time I watched this movie and I consider it to be a scary movie . Its called " Idiocracy " , I haven't seen it in a while so I could have mispelled the tittle . Its kind of funny but more so scary because it really seems to depict the human population fairly accurately . Check it out for yourself and tell me I'm wrong .
Why the spaces around every punctuation mark? If you are going to make a post about anything relating to language, you proof read and type correctly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minyaliel View Post
I'm so sorry, dear, but my inner grammar editor is howling at your punctuation and gnashing his teeth. And I really do try not to be condescending, but why on Earth do you put spaces between your last word and the punctuation sign? *tries really hard not to step onto the special soap box reserved for students of languages and linguistics*

What I wanted to say as soon as I read OP.

Quote:
Ha ha ha my apologies , I went and re-read what I wrote . I did not mean to put grammar there , I was obviously talking about pronunciation . As far as my punctuation goes . That's just how I do it . Most people don't even bother to punctuate , so I make it blatantly obvious that I do .

True, you did not mention grammar, but if you are bitching about language, you best be typing right. As for making it blatantly obvious since no one else does it, you are still incorrect. There is no space between the end of a word and punctuation marks. You might just do it that way, just like some people just like to pronounce their silent "k"s. And it is no more obvious, it is just irritating.

Quote:
Again I am talking about pronunciation . Not punctuation or grammar , or spelling . I also stated I'm not perfect .

Then don't complain about people enunciating a silent "k" in a proper noun, which they may not be aware of the correct pronunciation of. It should, however, be common knowledge that there is no space before punctuation.

Anyway, I came in to this thread to add something initially. People who pronounce "nothing, something" etc, as "nothink, somethink" etc.
aisehino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 05:22 PM   #28
Given_Flesh_by_Sophia

Yeah, isn't it ironic, don't you think? A little too ironic...
Given_Flesh_by_Sophia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 04:30 PM   #29
Angelic Dissonance2

http://i927.photobucket.com/albums/a...KuhNuckles.png
Angelic Dissonance2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 06:41 PM   #30
Miss Absynthe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
Who wants to make a fund for me to go to her city?
Post the PayPal details.. I am SO throwing in for this one.

I will even start a fucking crowdfunding campaign for this.
Miss Absynthe is offline   Reply With Quote