Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 06-24-2008, 06:02 PM   #51
KontanKarite

I have a friend, that at one time had a homeless guy break into their house or trespass anyway...

Basically, all the homeless guy wanted was some food. A simple sandwich. Should he be tortured by the stranger for seeking help from that stranger?

Thing is, a lot of people out in the world get desperate. When things such as water and food are privatized or regulated by a government, someone's going to end up going hungry. To think, that food and water is more or less a privilege instead of a right. Everyone should have the right to nutrition. I mean seriously, does even the laziest person ever deserve to breath? Hell, we almost privatize oxygen. That's crazy.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 06:24 PM   #52
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KontanKarite
Nah, man. I was just trying to be funny. It wasn't anything attacking you. Hehehe. If anything, I was making fun of the fake account.
Oh ok, I must beg your pardon then. Heh.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 08:43 PM   #53
Barfing_Rat

Quote:
I have a friend, that at one time had a homeless guy break into their house or trespass anyway...

Basically, all the homeless guy wanted was some food. A simple sandwich. Should he be tortured by the stranger for seeking help from that stranger?

Thing is, a lot of people out in the world get desperate. When things such as water and food are privatized or regulated by a government, someone's going to end up going hungry. To think, that food and water is more or less a privilege instead of a right. Everyone should have the right to nutrition. I mean seriously, does even the laziest person ever deserve to breath? Hell, we almost privatize oxygen. That's crazy.
Well if someone kick your door open and step in your house. What will be the first thing come to mind? I surely as hell wouldnt think "may someone just want to eat" I'd be thinking "shit this person have guts to actually invade my boundary! It's either me or him" and my fight or flight instinct will be kick at full gear right away. I'm sure almost everyone else would think the same.

But yes it's a very sad situation when people get desperate and try to survive. If a homeless come up to my house and knock on my door, I'd probably just give him some food and see how he end up homeless and hopefully I can give him some advices on how to get off street. But if he break into my house... I promise the first thing that come to my mind is it is either me or him.

But in the end... I think in court, the trespasser should lose all rights to counter sue the home owner if he break any window or door down and set a foot in. The owner should be allows to shot or use any weapons to fight the invader off and not lost a wink of sleep over it.
Barfing_Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 08:48 PM   #54
Opteron_Man

Quote:

My mentality might seem cruel and cold, but I think that a person who is hungry should find a job, or find a soup kitchen. I feel no pity for the person who expects to get a free handout and once full, slump back down in the gutter. When time passes and the person is hungry again, he/she goes to whoever they can find and beg some more.
Opteron_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 08:53 PM   #55
Opteron_Man

I like the suggestion to carry a can of AX body deodarent.
Old 06-24-2008, 09:53 PM   #56
KontanKarite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opteron_Man
My mentality might seem cruel and cold, but I think that a person who is hungry should find a job, or find a soup kitchen. I feel no pity for the person who expects to get a free handout and once full, slump back down in the gutter. When time passes and the person is hungry again, he/she goes to whoever they can find and beg some more.

You know what... fuck you. Seriously. Fuck you.

Old 06-24-2008, 10:27 PM   #57
Barfing_Rat

Konta... How do I send a PM? I have something I'd like to ask.
Old 06-24-2008, 10:38 PM   #58
Opteron_Man

Quote:
You know what... fuck you. Seriously. Fuck you.
I am not saying what I said while standing on top of a solid gold pedestal; I lived briefly on the street! So I got a taste of how horrible it is.

I have seen the vicious cycle happen to others, he/she gets food into their belly then instead of trying to get off the street, he/she would slump back down into the gutter and continue being homeless. I never ever meant to say that I look down on all homeless, I respect the ones who try, I was refering to the ones who don't mind/care being homeless and begging for food and booze.

KontanKarite, Fuck You Asshole!
Old 06-24-2008, 10:49 PM   #59
KontanKarite

Quote:
I am not saying what I said while standing on top of a solid gold pedestal; I lived briefly on the street! So I got a taste of how horrible it is.

I have seen the vicious cycle happen to others, he/she gets food into their belly then instead of trying to get off the street, he/she would slump back down into the gutter and continue being homeless. I never ever meant to say that I look down on all homeless, I respect the ones who try, I was refering to the ones who don't mind/care being homeless and begging for food and booze.

KontanKarite, Fuck You Asshole!

No, seriously, you presumptuous fuck. Do you really have the balls or the gall at all to make that judgment on someone? You know what, thank god for the ignore button. Again, fuck you, prick.

Old 06-24-2008, 10:49 PM   #60
KontanKarite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barfing_Rat
Konta... How do I send a PM? I have something I'd like to ask.

You have to have the right amount of posts.

Old 06-24-2008, 11:06 PM   #61
Barfing_Rat

OUCH...

Konta... Have you ever been a homeless or know someone who was? Just curious because you seems to have very strong feeling on a such subject. If you're uncomfortable with talking about it here, my email is NineDemonsGod at Gmail dot com
Old 06-24-2008, 11:19 PM   #62
KontanKarite

No. It's called compassion. I have never properly been homeless, but I know how great it is to have people be charitable to you, just because it's the good thing to do.

Being on the Appalachian Trail has really kinda changed my perspective on a lot of things.

Essentially, there's an argument that food is either a privilege or a right. I'm on the side of the argument that food is a right.

There used to be a Food Not Bombs program in Louisville. I wish it was still around.

Did you know that when stores have their products reach zero value, they throw them away? It can be anything from clothes to food.

To take from those dumps is against the law. They call it stealing. Well, the problem with that is, it's wasteful as fuck. Plus, people can sue for hurting themselves on bad food in the dumpsters, but still... I digress, the main reason it's against the law is because someone couldn't sell it and now that it's waste, it has value because someone dumpster dived for it.

You know what else is really ironic? The one who has been homeless has the gall to make the assumption that one who asks for food is lazy and refuses to work to earn their food. In my opinion, that makes him an outright cunt.

Also, I have several friends and associates that are virtually homeless. So I understand where they're coming from.

Old 06-24-2008, 11:42 PM   #63
Barfing_Rat

Wow... Konta, I have nothing but tons of respect for you. You're a good person. World can use more people like you.

I've never been homeless either. But I've lived in some really tough situation before. But I think almost everyone go through that stage as well. I agree it is nice to be charitable. I hate to say this, I'm not quite generous about handing out moneys but that probably is because I'm living on less 1K a month and trying to save almost half of that every month. However I does try to help people by giving them advice or help them with managing their spending, and other things. I'm very strong believer in this saying "Give man a fish, he eat for a day. Teach a man to fish, he'll eat forever" So that's why I usually don't really like to hand out moneys. But I have no issue with sharing other things.

Yes I'm familiar with store stuff. I use to work at a retail. I swear if I can keep just a couple of things they throw in dumpster, I'd have enough to remodel a house and still have plenty to give away. But at same time being a business major... I can really understand why business don't give products away. But yes I think they should try do something about this. However I'm not gonna to go into products selling business, so I never really think much about this.

As for the other person... I'd really like to hear about his time as homeless. But I understand your view point.

My real dad have been homeless a couple time and even to this day, it still really sadden me that he have to go through this. Plus my mom use to work for welfare center and is currently working with kids from broken home. So I know where you're coming from.

Also it's amazing how some small experience can change your whole view on everything.
Old 06-24-2008, 11:50 PM   #64
KontanKarite

It is. One of the best things I'd ever done.

Old 06-24-2008, 11:51 PM   #65
ionic_angel

Quote:
No. It's called compassion.

[...]

You know what else is really ironic? The one who has been homeless has the gall to make the assumption that one who asks for food is lazy and refuses to work to earn their food. In my opinion, that makes him an outright cunt.

Also, I have several friends and associates that are virtually homeless. So I understand where they're coming from.
No, it's not called being compassionate, it's called being an arrogant idiot.

You assume that your personal opinions outweigh and are worth more that someone else's actual experiences, and that your secondhand accounts of homelessness are also worth more than that.

Also, he never said that the homeless shouldn't ask for food. He said - in context - that they shouldn't be stealing food from the homes of others. If you disagree, I'd like your address...I'll put it on some flyers and distribute it around your city.

Hypocrite.
ionic_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 11:55 PM   #66
KontanKarite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ionic_angel
No, it's not called being compassionate, it's called being an arrogant idiot.

You assume that your personal opinions outweigh and are worth more that someone else's actual experiences, and that your secondhand accounts of homelessness are also worth more than that.

Also, he never said that the homeless shouldn't ask for food. He said - in context - that they shouldn't be stealing food from the homes of others. If you disagree, I'd like your address...I'll put it on some flyers and distribute it around your city.

Hypocrite.

Whatever, dude. He came off as one of those, "I got mine, so go get yours." It didn't sound a damn thing like he was talking about theft. It sounded more like he was going to make the assumptions that homeless people are lazy and don't want to better their lives.

Think what you will.

Old 06-24-2008, 11:57 PM   #67
Barfing_Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ionic_angel
He use word "Free handout" that's not same as stealing. I hate people who expect a free handout, that's exactly why I am not exactly generous about giving things away but I'm willing to help them in other way. But in end I hate someone who steal even more and if they break into my house just to try steal food, sure as hell I'll not have any problem with ending their life right there just because I will not know if they're after anything else or my own life.
Old 06-25-2008, 12:07 AM   #68
Opteron_Man

Yes I do asshole! I have personally seen this phenomenon that I had described before!
I am stating a fact as I know it. If the taste of my description of what certain homeless do is too bitter for you to handle, well then crawl back under your bed!
It’s not safe for you out there KontanKarite

I won’t candy-coat my words with sugary fairy dust for you KontanKarite.

If you don’t like the taste of what I have to say, well then wash it down with a mouthful of Coke, then shut the fuck up!

I have been kind to homeless people. I have given a few of these people
cash and food when I could do that.

But you don’t know that and don’t want to know it. You just want to point out how evil mean old Opteron is!

It is unfortunate that they are where they are, there is no denying that.

I do feel compassion. But there is a limit to how compassionate I will be.

There were a few that I met and lived with that were poor and didn’t want to work, were content to sit and beg. I kid you not. That is the ones I am referring to. The ones who don’t want to try.

I don’t recall ever saying that I am superior to any homeless person.

KontanKarite, Fuck You Cocksucker!
Old 06-25-2008, 12:22 AM   #69
Barfing_Rat

OM... I strongly suggest you to rewords that. This insulting and name calling won't get you anywhere. I know you may disagree but try to be more civilized and you'd have more luck and you won't look bad in others eyes.
Old 06-25-2008, 12:28 AM   #70
Opteron_Man

You know what? Fuck this site! I am thinking about leaving this site.
Everything I say gets twisted and turned around by just about every fucking "member" here! You want to talk about me being a hypocrite? Well look in the mirror and see yourself before you demigods shoot down and then shit on my face!

What I was trying to say was I don't like people who don't try; I met some real losers mixed in with some good people who happened to be homeless like I was. I am annoyed by some people who do nothing but take handouts and just slide on by. That is what I meant. And I will say it again in more simple terms so pea brained idiots like KotanKoright can understand:

I was homeless for a short time. While homeless, I nearly starved. I moved into a homeless shelter and saw people who were in and out of these shelters for a long time. These few people talked to me and I learned that they have no ambition in trying to find a job, only to get drunk. These are the people I am talking about.
I have not met all homeless people! I have met some very good homeless people with an awesome sense of right and wrong and some homeless people who were hardcore criminal motherfuckers who would steal the fillings out of your teeth and the socks off of your feet as you slept.
Old 06-25-2008, 12:30 AM   #71
Opteron_Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barfing_Rat
OM... I strongly suggest you to rewords that. This insulting and name calling won't get you anywhere. I know you may disagree but try to be more civilized and you'd have more luck and you won't look bad in others eyes.
You make a good point there Barfing_Rat. However I didn't start the rudeness. That dickhead KontanKorite did. I know I misspelled the name but right now I couldn't care less.

Sorry I talked rude, but I meant what I said to him
and so did he. I blew my stack and it shows up in my typing.
Old 06-25-2008, 12:34 AM   #72
ionic_angel

KontanKarite.

That's how it's spelled.

And OM, why are you getting so pissed over someone calling you names on an internet board?

In a week, no one will even remember what he said. Or what you said. Or what I said. It doesn't matter.

Barfin_rat: Please don't get the idea that I hate Kontan. Sometimes I think he's great, sometimes I think he's being an arrogant idiot. Like now, for example. :-)

EDIT: I'm coming to the conclusion that most internet forums exist for the purpose of allowing a few to demonstrate their mastery of the media form over the unwashed many - in other words, an aristocracy of artificial superiority.

Screw that.
ionic_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 12:40 AM   #73
Barfing_Rat

OM, I'm about to head to bed so this will be short.

Yes Konta may start it but what he say was something that you can easily shrug off or make thing a bit more clear without all name calling and insults. It's not like he wrote a long angry article full of insults toward you and wasting his breath on you. I believe if you explained thing a bit better in more polite manner, all of this problem could have been solved quickly. So pick your battle wisely.

Hope I help a bit. Have a good night.

Edit: Ionic, I understand. I don't always agree with him, but we have never really got in any heated argue that end in name calling or insults. I just noticed OM was getting worked up and I happen to like both members. So I was just trying to keep it from getting worse.
Old 06-25-2008, 12:40 AM   #74
Opteron_Man

Quote:
Whatever, dude. He came off as one of those, "I got mine, so go get yours." It didn't sound a damn thing like he was talking about theft. It sounded more like he was going to make the assumptions that homeless people are lazy and don't want to better their lives.

Think what you will.
Whoa, another one who twisted my words around! What a surprise!
I never ever said that all homeless are lazy and don't want to better their lives. I meant out of the ones I met, the tiny portion mixed in with them.
Did it ever occur to anyone that some homeless ARE lazy? Homeless are human and humans are prone to all kinds of behavior including laziness and criminal thinking. Stupid Opteron_Man bashers!
Old 06-25-2008, 12:43 AM   #75
Wormboy

Quote:
You know what? Fuck this site! I am thinking about leaving this site.
Everything I say gets twisted and turned around by just about every fucking "member" here! You want to talk about me being a hypocrite? Well look in the mirror and see yourself before you demigods shoot down and then shit on my face!

What I was trying to say was I don't like people who don't try; I met some real losers mixed in with some good people who happened to be homeless like I was. I am annoyed by some people who do nothing but take handouts and just slide on by. That is what I meant. And I will say it again in more simple terms so pea brained idiots like KotanKoright can understand:

I was homeless for a short time. While homeless, I nearly starved. I moved into a homeless shelter and saw people who were in and out of these shelters for a long time. These few people talked to me and I learned that they have no ambition in trying to find a job, only to get drunk. These are the people I am talking about.
I have not met all homeless people! I have met some very good homeless people with an awesome sense of right and wrong and some homeless people who were hardcore criminal motherfuckers who would steal the fillings out of your teeth and the socks off of your feet as you slept.
How to get along fine on this site in 12 easy steps:
1) Read post
2) Think
3) Write response to post
4) Read response
5) Think
6) Post response
7) Read own post again
8) Think
9) Read responses to your post
10) Think
11) Follow steps 1 - 7 again
12) Repeat steps 1-11 for the duration of your stay here.

Kontan - "Eventually, you ended up looking like the freaking grim reaper towards the end of the game.
Now we got this cracked out jungle hobo...."
Wormboy is offline   Reply With Quote