Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 01-13-2006, 04:58 PM   #426
Manimal

Anyone who claims to have no secrets is obviously hiding something...
Manimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 05:16 PM   #427
Circle V

Some people, myself included, have no secrets that they keep solely to themselves. I may not reveal something to a particular person, but may speak freely about it with someone else. I tend not to tell people my secrets without being asked, but I will, if directly asked, tell the truth about any subject, barring anything that might be harmful to another person in some way.
Old 01-13-2006, 05:36 PM   #428
joyslayer

I tend to be overly secretive. I just won't say something for no apearant reason. I don't know why, But I just do.

Also, I am scared to sleep on a plane because I have this complex where on of the attendents will poison me........

Hear no evil
Speak no evil
See no evil
joyslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 06:43 PM   #429
Godslayer Jillian

Ok, there's something about me kinda weird.
I tasted blood for the first time when I was a kid, about 5. I got cut and, of course, by instincts, licked the wound and I liked it.
For years I liked cutting myself because I kinda grew a taste for the blood, I don't mean like those that cut themselves with razors, but I just felt happy when I got cuts. And of course, I grew very fond of anything that had to do with vampyres.
Now, the weirdest part is that, I have a friend called Melisa. We know each other since we were kids, and when we were like 11 or 12, she let me lick her cuts because she said it felt like kisses in her arms.
Yeah, twisted, huh?
But anyway, I still enjoy the taste of blood, but I won't be cutting people to taste exotic blood or be hurting myself or Melisa.
Who else thinks that was just plain exentric? :S

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 06:51 PM   #430
JuliaGaltic

I'm with you so, if it's eccentric, then we're eccentric together.

I'd be lying if I said that, when I'm biting someone, I don't wish sometimes that my teeth would slip. I've been a very good girl so far, but the thought does cross my mind.

I like the taste of blood.
Old 01-13-2006, 06:58 PM   #431
WolfMoon

I hope this one's a keeper, Tom.

Everytime you bare your soul, you make me want to cry.
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 07:01 PM   #432
Godslayer Jillian

Don't worry about it. Although the psychological damage always stays, it should never control our lives.
How probable could it be to lose two children?
And, I don't believe in fate, but think that anyway, such a tragedy, and your life after it has led you here, into having another child, who will be marvelous

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Old 01-13-2006, 07:19 PM   #433
joyslayer

Best of luck with that Tstone.

Hear no evil
Speak no evil
See no evil
Old 01-13-2006, 07:29 PM   #434
Circle V

Carnivores are wired to enjoy the taste of blood. However, our society says that consuming blood is wrong, so most people either automatically reject the idea of tasting blood, or say that they do.

Blood is certainly good for you-- it is, after all, composed of the primary ingredients necessary to sustain life.

I like the taste of blood. That isn't to say that I'd rather drink a glass of it than, say, Coke, but I have no problem licking it off of any wounds that I might have.

Blood doesn't taste bad. If anyone, excluding vegetarians, says otherwise, they are likely lying or dislike it for fundamental reasons other than the taste.
Old 01-13-2006, 07:38 PM   #435
Circle V

Good luck to you, TStone. I cannot truthfully say that I truly understand how you feel, having never gone through anything of the sort myself, but I have no doubt that this time it will turn out well.

You deserve better than you have been dealt in the past. Just remember that the house cannot and will not win every time.
Old 01-13-2006, 07:38 PM   #436
joyslayer

Blood tastes coppery. I really am not like, fond of it, but it does not bug me. Like Circle said, I would have no problem sucking it or licking it off my various cuts or wounds, but tasting it for no reason is not something I would really do.

Hear no evil
Speak no evil
See no evil
Old 01-13-2006, 07:40 PM   #437
Circle V

Blood tastes of iron.
Old 01-13-2006, 07:57 PM   #438
Godslayer Jillian

Only problem I still have is I still bite the inside of my mouth for it to bleed, hehe; but, strange as it sounds, at least it gives me a nice breath

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Old 01-13-2006, 08:06 PM   #439
athilla nemrie

hi...i'm new here....i'm not really sure if i want to join this site but i'm going to give it a go. i'm just an average teenager who wants to be different. i don't want acceptance....but i'm not anti-social. all that is mysterious and dark attracts me.
athilla nemrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 08:16 PM   #440
Godslayer Jillian

Ok, just don't be a stereotype
And also, introduce yourself in the Introduce Yourself thread

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Old 01-13-2006, 08:21 PM   #441
Circle V

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
Only problem I still have is I still bite the inside of my mouth for it to bleed, hehe; but, strange as it sounds, at least it gives me a nice breath
I fucking HATE IT when I unconsciously gnaw on my lower lip and it tears, leaving a flap of skin. The damn flap distracts me, and I keep chewing on it, and the more I chew the more it hurts. It doesn't even have the common decency to bleed, either.
Old 01-13-2006, 08:25 PM   #442
joyslayer

I hate that too! I'll be sitting there during finals, chewing on it, not paying attentiont to what I am supposed to be doing.

Hear no evil
Speak no evil
See no evil
Old 01-13-2006, 08:28 PM   #443
athilla nemrie

i have hematophobia.....but i'm enrolled as a nursing student.what is it about all that BLOODY issue?!!
athilla nemrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 08:28 PM   #444
Circle V

The only thing that I can devote absolute and unbroken attention to is my art. Reading and writing are close, but I can still get distracted by nearby sounds.

I have initiated a minor threadjack. Forgive me.
Old 01-13-2006, 08:34 PM   #445
joyslayer

I just learned stuff about meat I didn't need to. o_O *shivers*

Hear no evil
Speak no evil
See no evil
Old 01-14-2006, 05:52 AM   #446
Metatron

How appetizing...I think I'll take the chicken they sell at the local foodmart and cook it, thanks. Ix nay on the beef.
Old 01-14-2006, 01:10 PM   #447
Empty_Purple_Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by TStone
Along the lines of my earlier fear…I learned today I may be a father again, that I may have a new son or daughter forming in the primordial ooze, and I’m afraid…of losing another child. The last time physically and mentally broke me; it created a gulf of isolation between my wife and me that we almost didn’t return from…and I so dearly want to have another child, but I’m so fucking afraid of losing him or her again.
My support and warm thoughts are with you and your awesome family.
And You Bard, Happy Thoughts Okay? Happy Thoughts.
One day at a time, my friend.
*Tight Hugs*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santarea
E_P_S- high five bay-bee!!! You saved me the time of posting it all myself. I'm a volunteer R*** crisis counselor/advocate with SART. And not to sound awkward, but there is no true "common" reaction to assault. and E_P_S nailed it on the head.
Thanks Beautiful.

*Returns High-Five*

Amen Sistah!

Experience is not what happens to you;
it's what you do with what happens to you.

~Adlous Huxley

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuliaGaltic
Thank you for this. I always had an idea that what went through my head might have something to do with the past but it helps to know that someone went through this and found out for sure.

This helps a lot, if only because it clarifies and makes sense of a lot of things.
Your Welcome Precious. If I know nothing else in my Life, I know that simple Perspective is more Powerful and can be more Life-changing than the Blast from an Atomic Bomb. It helps to know I wasn't the only one with feelings like those. Smooch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlKilyu
Thank you for sharing that EPS, that couldn't have been easy. I am sorry you had to go through that. That does help to understand that better thank you.
Your Courage to Share your Pain in The Rant Thread inspired me to be a bit Braver. For that, my Thanks to You as well. I'm glad I could offer a more personal Insight on the whole topic for you. I know it is a hard thing to try and wrap your mind around, as it should be. It's a terrible thing to try and understand. But the fact that you care enough about Women to try and see the subject a bit differently, say alot about you as a Man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkangel29

but as I have found through experience and from reading through yours, that we can be strong, that we don't use it as a crutch like some people do....
And another resounding A-Fucking-Men to that Pearly Bit of Wisdom, Angel!!

*applause*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manimal
Wow girl. Once again you blow me away. I've been pretty forthcoming on some sensitive topics here but once again you lay it all out on the table, not for attention, but so that others may gain support and knowledge from even your darkest experiences. One more little reason why I couldn't let you run away from me.

It's a fantasy. There's nothing harmful about it so long as the trust is there, the man understands the womans needs and limits 150%, the boundaries are clearly defined, and the man is capable of acting the part as well as directing the act. In other words - it could be very harmful. Great care must be taken. Now I'm the first to say I'm no expert, but I am no stranger to this fantasy.

I've had the opportunity many times over the years to ... practice I guess... how to safely deliver one of the most dangerous, delicate and intimate fantasies a woman can have.
Here is another awesome example of a Man who has an amazing capacity for understanding the Psyche and Heart/Soul of a Woman. The World needs more Men like you Wht. Boi. The care and delicacy you show and have shown for Women who have been emotionally scarred in one way or another is really Beautiful. The World really is a better place because you are in it.

My admiration to all of you for being Fearless enough to share Darkest Moments.

*Ass Grabs for All*

Empty_Purple_Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2006, 01:59 PM   #448
JuliaGaltic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empty_Purple_Stars
...If I know nothing else in my Life, I know that simple Perspective is more Powerful and can be more Life-changing than the Blast from an Atomic Bomb....

Understatement of the century right there!

and... *blush* thx for the kiss and the ass grab... *tee hee*
Old 01-16-2006, 10:41 AM   #449
Natasshha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manimal
Anyone who claims to have no secrets is obviously hiding something...
Well, maybe... but if you tell me yours, I'll tell you mine.
Natasshha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 03:01 PM   #450
joyslayer

I have secrets, but if I told you, I'd have to kill you.

Hear no evil
Speak no evil
See no evil