Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 06-05-2009, 10:31 AM   #1
Moonlightballet

It seems I am always behind on technology (mini-half assed rant)

I just barely got the Nintendo DS Lite. I was so happy, I have been saving pennies for this thing for forever. The I turn on the teli and find out that there's a new DS that has a MP3 and Camera. Let me tell you that I pretty much threw a bitch fit.
Moonlightballet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 11:07 AM   #2
yasahiro

I know what you mean... My DS Lite broke a while back, and I havent had the money to buy the new one... or a DS at all. And also, I purchased my 360 (a while back, i might add) and a few days later I find out theres a new one with HDMI output... yeah, same thing.
yasahiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 01:00 PM   #3
Tralis

The new DS isn't that different. If I were to buy a DS right now I'd buy a lite rather than one of the new ones. It doesn't have any cool features a cheap cameraphone doesn't.
Tralis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 01:26 PM   #4
Solumina

Um...I'm not so concerned with the functions, though I do like the way that they integrated the interned connectivity and camera in some of the games, but what many people do care about is the fact that games made for the DSI are not DSLite compatible but all DSLite games work on a DSI, there aren't currently many DSI games in the US but their are loads of them in Japan and you can bet your ass that many of them will make their way over here. This isn't to say that you should rush out and get one, or get rid of your DSLite as they are still producing new games for it and the performance on those games aren't really going to be any better than on a DSI, plus they haven't even released the full range of colors in the US yet and I'm the type of person who wants a specific color.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 01:33 PM   #5
Godslayer Jillian

Don't worry about that. I've waited three or four years to play a videogame my computer is finally updated enough to play 2005 videogames. Just enjoy it.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 10:55 PM   #6
Solumina

True, my favorite and most frequently used game system is still my SNES, playing really recent games can be fun, especially since the graphics have improved so much, and I do tend to stay up to date on portable gaming devices (mostly because I do go on a lot of 5+ hour car trips), but some of the best games out there are pretty damn old.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 06:06 AM   #7
Saya

The DSI last I heard doesn't support the mp3 format, I think you have to convert everything to AAC? And the camera isn't a quality camera, chances are the one on your cell phone is just as good if not better. I'm in no rush to buy one.

But yeah, I'm starting to trail behind too, mostly because games have gone beyond what my computer can handle, boy howdy do I want a desktop so bad. I only now got the expansion packs for The Sims 2, since everyone talking about the Sims 3 made me want to play it.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 06:42 AM   #8
viscus

Yeah, I bought my DS Lite about a month before the DSi was announced. It seemed lame at first, but the DSi is mostly just another stab at piracy and the used game market by Nintendo. The new features aren't so great, it's not really worth an upgrade. I feel similarly about the PSP Go that's coming in October.

"Now some of you may encounter the devil's bargain if you get that far. Any old soul is worth saving at least to a priest, but not every soul is worth buying. So you can take the offer as a compliment."

-William S. Burroughs

You're not entitled to your opinion.
viscus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 07:23 AM   #9
voodoowitchdr

I got my XBox one year before they stopped making games for it. I've had it all through high school and I still use it. And, I'm presently typing on a windows 2000 in the lobby of a crappy motel. Now the mouse is freezing up.
voodoowitchdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 07:41 AM   #10
Beneath the Shadows

There's a new DS?

last.fm

Help my MiniCity grow
Help my MiniCity's industry
Beneath the Shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 09:19 AM   #11
dabbadmc

For nearly every console, there's another one out about a year later with a couple of newer features. It happens with iPods, DS's and so on. It doesn't bother me, unless the newer games cannot be played on the older console.

Tbh, I play most on the super nintendo, game cube, and a really old gameboy/DS, and I'm perfectly satisfied with those. The only 'gadget' I've bought in the last year or so was an iPod, and it was a classic, rather than a touch screen or an iPhone.
dabbadmc is offline   Reply With Quote