Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 10-28-2007, 11:34 AM   #1
Stormtrooper of Death

Satanism

I just bought the Satanic Bilbe yesterday and have been reading it non stop. I was wondering if anybody has bought and or read this also. And so what are your thoughts on the subject?
Stormtrooper of Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 11:37 AM   #2
Wormboy

Personally I like Laveyan Satanism. To those of you who don't know satanism is NOT worshiping the devil. That is Luciferianism or Luciferism.

Kontan - "Eventually, you ended up looking like the freaking grim reaper towards the end of the game.
Now we got this cracked out jungle hobo...."
Wormboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 12:05 PM   #3
Valrys

A friend of mine has a copy of that, and I attempted reading it, but it bored me so I stopped and didn't bother trying to go back to it again.

Regarding satanism, I think its just as pointless as any other religion, plus you shouldn't need a book or anybody to tell you how to go about life.
Valrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 12:14 PM   #4
Green.Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valrys
A friend of mine has a copy of that, and I attempted reading it, but it bored me so I stopped and didn't bother trying to go back to it again.

Regarding satanism, I think its just as pointless as any other religion, plus you shouldn't need a book or anybody to tell you how to go about life.
Here here!
Green.Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 12:35 PM   #5
Graveyard.Crow

I've tried reading one version, probably not a very good one. In the first chapter he pretty much implied that Pagan witchcraft rituals are stupid and pointless, and that HE has the right way. I didn't bother reading further, a douche bag like that can't tell me what to do.
Old 10-28-2007, 12:41 PM   #6
Wormboy

I wonder what version you read then Alissa because Anton LaVey takes a lot of influence from Paganism in his "religion". It's basically Neitche's (sp)teachings and Pagan-esq rituals applied to semi-cynical atheism.

Kontan - "Eventually, you ended up looking like the freaking grim reaper towards the end of the game.
Old 10-28-2007, 01:04 PM   #7
Graveyard.Crow

No no that's the thing. The teachings were Pagan, but the version I read pissed me off because one of the first phrases was something along the lines of
"you can sit in an altar like an idiot trying to make things happen, or you can read this book and find out how it really works"
Old 10-28-2007, 01:21 PM   #8
Methadrine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graveyard.Crow
"you can sit in an altar like an idiot trying to make things happen, or you can read this book and find out how it really works"
Surely not this part which in some way makes sense, depending on how one look at it.

"If we hope and pray for something to come about, we will not act in a positive way which will make it happen. The Satanist, realizing that anything he gets is of his own doing, takes command of the situation instead of praying[...]. Positive thinking and positive action add up to results."

I don't think it's stated anywhere in the book that it is the one, true word. The preface even mentions that it's a view on a subject from one particular viewpoint, not the definite way of seeing things. If one takes that book literally (which unfortunately a lot of the followers of it does), or with a pre-set mindset (which, also, unfortunately a lot of the critics of it does) then it's for naught since the purpose of it (originaly) mostly is to think outside the box.

"Meow. Mew. Mrow. Maow? Miaox." - Lovely Delkaetre speaks cat.
Methadrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 01:26 PM   #9
markusvictoriafilmz

SEE NEW HORROR MOVIE ONLINE AT MARKUSVICTORIA 8m COM

NEW HORROR MOVIE SHORT TITLED "KAT NIP" by MARKUSVICTORIA FILMS
CHECK OUT OUR MOVIE TRAILER AT MARKUSVICTORIA 8m COM

IT’S A 13 MINUTE MOVIE SHORT WORTH THE 50 CENT PURCHASE TO WATCH ONLINE.
markusvictoriafilmz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 01:33 PM   #10
Valerius

So, this is really more akin to a philosophy then? I'm still not quite clear as to how Satanism works, but from what I've been hearing, it's a book that seeks to empower your average Joe into action.

-Oscar Van den Boogaard, Dutch pacifist
Valerius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 04:36 PM   #11
BLEED REBELION!!!

I rEAD THE SAME VERSION AS YOU GRAVEYEARD CROW....

I never finished it I found it to be filled with allot of assholeism...

Some of it was interesting though........... Like the reaction my mother gave when she saw it.... She took it and leafed through it and claimed it was a negative influence on me.... And that it was the reason I was soooooooooooo selfsh and egotitstic or sme shit liek that..... The later she got mad at me and threw the book and claimed i worshipped satin.... I do not worship anyone and the book I had siad nothing about actually wrshipping him!

" I love 4play! Its the best thing I've ever done"
- My Boyfriend
BLEED REBELION!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 05:02 PM   #12
StasisInDarkness

My person I know (vaguely) paid $200 to become a member of the Church of Satan.

I, personally, think that is redonkulous.
StasisInDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 05:16 PM   #13
††BlackRose††

Curiousity will get the best of me and I may end up reading something from the bible, especially the one that's in Sweeden.

I would actually like to know what happens in it.
††BlackRose†† is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 05:35 PM   #14
Graveyard.Crow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methadrine
Surely not this part which in some way makes sense, depending on how one look at it.

"If we hope and pray for something to come about, we will not act in a positive way which will make it happen. The Satanist, realizing that anything he gets is of his own doing, takes command of the situation instead of praying[...]. Positive thinking and positive action add up to results."

I don't think it's stated anywhere in the book that it is the one, true word. The preface even mentions that it's a view on a subject from one particular viewpoint, not the definite way of seeing things. If one takes that book literally (which unfortunately a lot of the followers of it does), or with a pre-set mindset (which, also, unfortunately a lot of the critics of it does) then it's for naught since the purpose of it (originaly) mostly is to think outside the box.
No that wasn't what I read at all. It's something different.
Old 10-28-2007, 05:37 PM   #15
Graveyard.Crow

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLEED REBELION!!!
I rEAD THE SAME VERSION AS YOU GRAVEYEARD CROW....

I never finished it I found it to be filled with allot of assholeism...

Some of it was interesting though........... Like the reaction my mother gave when she saw it.... She took it and leafed through it and claimed it was a negative influence on me.... And that it was the reason I was soooooooooooo selfsh and egotitstic or sme shit liek that..... The later she got mad at me and threw the book and claimed i worshipped satin.... I do not worship anyone and the book I had siad nothing about actually wrshipping him!
I regret even getting that one. The book I read was filled with biased bullshit. However, I am sure other versions are very good, and in fact what I have been hearing, Satanism is very close to what I believe. But I still identify with Paganism.
Old 10-28-2007, 06:06 PM   #16
da fetus

a. laveyan satanism is bullshit respouting of an ungodly amalgamation of Ayn Rand and Frederich Niezstche, who are two people who don't belong anywhere near each other.

b. believing that one set of rules or beliefs can apply to every person in the world, and every person who's ever existed is pretty much the most retarded thing ever.

c. satanism is christianity but dumber.
da fetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 06:07 PM   #17
da fetus

p.s. paganism is fucking stupid too
Old 10-28-2007, 06:30 PM   #18
gothicusmaximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by da fetus
a. laveyan satanism is bullshit respouting of an ungodly amalgamation of Ayn Rand and Frederich Niezstche, who are two people who don't belong anywhere near each other.
This troll's first point about Ayn Rand is one with which I actually agree. LeVay Satanism is essentially objectivism with some ritual magic tacked on.
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 06:32 PM   #19
da fetus

ayn rand is a toolbag
Old 10-28-2007, 08:25 PM   #20
biohazard

I think this is just as pointless as any religion. As for this, I do not know much about it.
Old 10-28-2007, 08:37 PM   #21
DepthsofSpace

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothicusmaximus
This troll's first point about Ayn Rand is one with which I actually agree. LeVay Satanism is essentially objectivism with some ritual magic tacked on.
I must agree. The troll makes a point there. I'm not a crazed Ayn Rand devotee, however I do agree with the basic premise of Objectivism.

On another note: I never have liked the idea of Satenism, simply because it seems like rebellion for the sake of rebellion and having a hardc0re label.
DepthsofSpace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 08:42 PM   #22
Godslayer Jillian

Da fetus is awesome, although I don't share his feelings about Ayn Rand.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 11:00 AM   #23
Wormboy

So Da Fetus is officially "the" Troll? Good to know. As I said, Satanism has some good points, as do almost all religions. I don't like commiting to one religion simply because my beliefs are too compounded to be summed up by one point of view. I do love reading about religions though. On that note, I would love to learn more about paganism. Alissa, do you have any good sites or sources I could check out that will give me a general idea of the religion? I don't want to google it because the internet isn't all that reliable on subjective subjects.

Old 10-29-2007, 11:41 AM   #24
da fetus

i got myself a title bitches.

i'm like an educated troll i guess
Old 10-29-2007, 12:51 PM   #25
Draconysius

I've read it a few times. The points made in the book are purely philosophical. It stresses the animal nature of man. But even though it bashes people who believe something without proof, it also encourages ritual magick. So... screw that.
Draconysius is offline   Reply With Quote