Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Shill
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Shill Post your website announcements here. Anything that is blatantly SPAM (nigerian schemes, make money fast, etc) will be deleted. Actually, we'd probably keep the nigerian schemes around to make fun of it.

Old 08-11-2009, 02:53 PM   #51
Godslayer Jillian

I thought you liked Victorian stuff.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 03:07 PM   #52
allyssa

is that addressed to me? if so, I am writing a novel set in the victorian era, during the cholera outbreak of 1848, but I don't dress in a victorian way..I like the symbolists, fin du siecle paris and absinthe but I dress in little black dresses fishnet stiletto boots and lots of mascara.....
allyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 03:35 PM   #53
Godslayer Jillian

Fair enough.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 09:52 PM   #54
ShadowxMakerZ

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillyMorbid View Post
Emo is just another way of expressing feelings through music and fashion, just like any 'other' subcluture.
I would agree on you with that.
ShadowxMakerZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 01:29 PM   #55
Pineapple_Juice

I find it hilarious that people claiming to be goth or at least affiliating themselves in some way with the goth subculture are bashing emo kids for being brainless zombies following a trend.

Every goth looks pretty much the same, whether it's deathrock, victorian, industrial, whatever. They all watch the same movies and read the same books and hate the same people, in general. To say emo kids are lame and then say nothing about the goth kids is ridiculous. Both cultures have fucked up, unoriginal hair and take themselves way too seriously. Both spend an inordinately long amount of time worrying about clothing, and both revel in the fact that they listen to music most people don't know about or like.

I see more similarities than differences.
Old 08-19-2009, 08:53 PM   #56
ShadowxMakerZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pineapple_Juice View Post
I find it hilarious that people claiming to be goth or at least affiliating themselves in some way with the goth subculture are bashing emo kids for being brainless zombies following a trend.

Every goth looks pretty much the same, whether it's deathrock, victorian, industrial, whatever. They all watch the same movies and read the same books and hate the same people, in general. To say emo kids are lame and then say nothing about the goth kids is ridiculous. Both cultures have fucked up, unoriginal hair and take themselves way too seriously. Both spend an inordinately long amount of time worrying about clothing, and both revel in the fact that they listen to music most people don't know about or like.

I see more similarities than differences.
You've got a point. We hold our on interests just like everyone else. Why should we call them lame because they're what we don't want to be. It's their life.... not ours?

We like what we like.... they like what they like... it applies to everyone.
Old 08-22-2009, 11:51 AM   #57
Raveanya

Emo, I get the "wanting to be different" and they get stereotyped just like goths do. They even blend the stereotypes of both sub-cultures. Still I wish that every emo kid I've ever met wouldn't whine so much and wear uncomfortable skinny jeans. It bugs me. I have a couple of emo kid friends and all they do is sit around and whine about how no one gets them.

Sure, I mope when I have to much homework and can't go to that concert or my parents ground me for coming home late, but I don't tell every little feeling I'm feeling to ever person I meet. Not saying they are all whiney teens in tight pants obsessed with AFI and MCR but all the ones I know are so I don't have much to base a better opinion off of.
Raveanya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 11:22 PM   #58
ShadowxMakerZ

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raveanya View Post
Emo, I get the "wanting to be different" and they get stereotyped just like goths do. They even blend the stereotypes of both sub-cultures. Still I wish that every emo kid I've ever met wouldn't whine so much and wear uncomfortable skinny jeans. It bugs me. I have a couple of emo kid friends and all they do is sit around and whine about how no one gets them.

Sure, I mope when I have to much homework and can't go to that concert or my parents ground me for coming home late, but I don't tell every little feeling I'm feeling to ever person I meet. Not saying they are all whiney teens in tight pants obsessed with AFI and MCR but all the ones I know are so I don't have much to base a better opinion off of.
I do see your point, most emos I've met are the ones with Tight uncomfortable skinnys jeans who tell everyone their feelings. They're not really whiney though... it can be said it's better to let it out than not keep it constrained within so why not?

Oh well..
Old 08-23-2009, 04:52 AM   #59
SiouxsiePernova

I am yet to come across a self-proclaimed emo who actually listens to emotive hardcore.

SiouxsiePernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 09:11 AM   #60
Lord Whiskerton

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiouxsiePernova View Post
I am yet to come across a self-proclaimed emo who actually listens to emotive hardcore.
Same.

tooshort

Second Account that I doubt I'll be using: MiladyMalice
Lord Whiskerton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 07:16 PM   #61
Ophelia's Snorkel

Well, the fascinating and beautiful goths have sociology textbooks devoted to them. Emo, erm, not so much.
Ophelia's Snorkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 02:50 AM   #62
DRM

I just saw a paper from a student in the writers workshop class from last year, it was about the difference between Emos and Hardcore Kids.

To tell you the truth, before reading the paper, I had no idea there was a difference between them.
Old 08-24-2009, 03:39 AM   #63
Pineapple_Juice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowxMakerZ View Post
I do see your point, most emos I've met are the ones with Tight uncomfortable skinnys jeans who tell everyone their feelings. They're not really whiney though... it can be said it's better to let it out than not keep it constrained within so why not?

Oh well..
I happen to be a devoted fan of black skinny jeans. They make the whole broad shouldered blazer and 20 eye boot thing look so much better.
Old 08-25-2009, 04:50 AM   #64
Todesengel

Emo to me is just like a queer, mainstream and modern version of punk injected with a whole heap of oestrogen.
Todesengel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 09:37 PM   #65
skateboard pro

gay....................
skateboard pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 09:50 PM   #66
allyssa

if you have a problem with lbgt people please join the neo-nazi board goths happen to like androgyny,
allyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 10:05 PM   #67
skateboard pro

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by allyssa View Post
if you have a problem with lbgt people please join the neo-nazi board goths happen to like androgyny,

they're just creepy not BAD just i dont like dudes who look at me weird.. im sure someone here gets me.. not hating.. just trying to express myself with other punks who might get ME and like ME for ME
skateboard pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 10:06 PM   #68
Konstantin

From what I understand, most of what's seen as Emo today is a bit of a far cry from the original subculture... but I like their hair. *shrug* When I was in high school, the emo/scene kids were usually a pretty cheery and entertaining bunch.
Konstantin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 01:56 PM   #69
Mark Anthony Quested

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxDemonSlayerxx View Post
So I've noticed that there are a lot of questions on this site so I have come up with one that hopefully no one esle has come up with yet!!!
Lkie the title says what does emo mean to you? (hopefully this doesn't seem insluting)
Teenagers!

Shopping mall baby goths who are "going through their goth phase, like innit"!

Oh no, emo!!!
Mark Anthony Quested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 01:59 PM   #70
Mark Anthony Quested

Personally, I think emo is a silly term. We are all emo, if you take its literal meaning of emotional. However, just like Goth before it, emo is an invented category, handy for the mass media to pigeon hole certain young people into.
Mark Anthony Quested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 03:22 PM   #71
Pineapple_Juice

I still think their hair looks like shit.
Old 08-27-2009, 04:06 PM   #72
DemiGoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxDemonSlayerxx View Post
So I've noticed that there are a lot of questions on this site so I have come up with one that hopefully no one esle has come up with yet!!!
Lkie the title says what does emo mean to you? (hopefully this doesn't seem insluting)
To me emo is another alternative subculture that came after goth and punk and is overall annoying.

It's not really the emos' fault they're annoying though, or atleast not all the time. To me I feel the mainstream abuses the word 'emo' to the extent that I just get sick of hearing it. Some examples...

Someone talks about suicide "EMO!"

Someone talks about murder "EMO!"

Someone talks about darkness "EMO!"

Someone talks about cutting wrists "EMO!"

Someone is different "EMO!"

I swear I hear someone get called 'emo' atleast twice a week because of those topics, but really it's another form of self expression usually by dark/depressed teenagers (as far as I know atleast). Hopefully this was able to answer your question.
DemiGoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 04:25 PM   #73
Pineapple_Juice

I wish dark, depressed teens would just off themselves and save everyone else the annoyance of having to sit through their bullshit.
Old 08-27-2009, 06:59 PM   #74
ShadowxMakerZ

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemiGoth View Post
To me emo is another alternative subculture that came after goth and punk and is overall annoying.

It's not really the emos' fault they're annoying though, or atleast not all the time. To me I feel the mainstream abuses the word 'emo' to the extent that I just get sick of hearing it. Some examples...

Someone talks about suicide "EMO!"

Someone talks about murder "EMO!"

Someone talks about darkness "EMO!"

Someone talks about cutting wrists "EMO!"

Someone is different "EMO!"

I swear I hear someone get called 'emo' atleast twice a week because of those topics, but really it's another form of self expression usually by dark/depressed teenagers (as far as I know atleast). Hopefully this was able to answer your question.
You're damned right. I see that a lot in my school and it has become quite ridiculous and overdone....
Old 08-28-2009, 09:00 AM   #75
DemiGoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowxMakerZ View Post
You're damned right. I see that a lot in my school and it has become quite ridiculous and overdone....
Thank you ShadowxMakerZ, it's not often I find someone who understands that issue. And it's such a huge problem in my school, if you wear black 4/7 days of the week you get labeled 'emo'. And considering I wear black 7/7 days a week people are constantly asking 'Are you emo?'. It annoys the hell out of me. I can't imagine your school being too much better though.
DemiGoth is offline   Reply With Quote