Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 04-04-2006, 10:50 AM   #276
OnixxFilth

Actually, it hasn't happened to me since high school- perhaps college students are less judgemental and less likely to jump to conclusions.
Old 04-04-2006, 10:55 AM   #277
OnixxFilth

I have no idea, Xng. I'm strictly Xanga and Gothic.net, so I don't know anything about Facebook.
Old 04-04-2006, 11:00 AM   #278
tenet_2012

What's the difference between a rgular pizza and an emo pizza?

An emo pizza cuts itself.

How emo kids does it take to change a light bulb?

None. They just sit in the dark and cry about it.

--Geisha
tenet_2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 12:17 PM   #279
spookypurple

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnixxFilth
I'm strictly Xanga and Gothic.net, so I don't know anything about Facebook.

Ooh!

[scurries off to search engine]

Hamlet
spookypurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 12:21 PM   #280
spookypurple

Double ooh! Will have to delve a bit more when this play thing is over. Facebook looks a bit like a site called Friends Reunited over here.

Hmmm.....

Anyway, it's funny that, after you finish college and get the job, the house etc, and what happens? People start being bothered by what you're wearing all over again. Or perhaps that's just in Surrey...

Hamlet
spookypurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 03:49 PM   #281
polished_wolf_claws

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xnguela
Pretty Emo?

No..... That doesn't Look Emo At all.....
*Dripping with Sarcasm* At least it's a Nice Pic ^_^

"Teh Lordz Satan Protektz me frm ebil in mah PANTS!!!!!11111"
polished_wolf_claws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 09:50 PM   #282
Godslayer Jillian

It's ok looking emo, as long as you're not emo.
I myself would like to dress kind of emo, but I don't want to be confused with an emo, and if I said "I'm not emo", emo kids would answer me back "you're so emo you say you're not emo. You're our god!"

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 10:36 PM   #283
Godslayer Jillian

Yeah, I hate that mentality too, unfortunately, I'm a subject to it.

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Old 04-30-2006, 06:41 AM   #284
Virulent Dryad

Quote:
goths and Satanists are NOT synonymous!

Oh yes they are, Marilyn Manson is a Satanist(or so they say), Marilyn Manson looks like a goth, therefore all goths are Satanists and all Satanists are goth. Look at the logic...see?
"Like that old tale, the girl who wanted to become the best dancer in the world. "Yes," said the sorceress, "but each time you set your foot on earth will be like knives slashing." "If you can stand the pain, you will be granted your desire."
Virulent Dryad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 06:42 AM   #285
carrie

hey great site
carrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 07:20 AM   #286
Virulent Dryad

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMaelstrom
Lucifer: God's most beautifull and beloved angel (up to a certain point previous to the emergency landing).

Actually, the only verse in the Bible (the KJV that is) that actually mentions the word Lucifer is in Isaiah and most have agreed that that verse is referring to a Babylonian king. There are mistranslations, misinterpretations, and things taken out of context to support the idea of Satan as an antagonist. if you were referring to Ezekiel 28:13-15, that passage is not about the devil. It’s a mistranslation of the word heylel, who was the god of dawn in a Babylonian religion, and therefore correspondent to the Roman god of dawn (whose name happens to be Lucifer - bringer of light). The passage pertains to Nebuchadnezzar, a Babylonian king who apparently lost the favour of god by murdering a number of Jewish babies. Some believe that the legend of Moses is also a derivative from this king's life story, with Egypt being substituted for Babylon.

Satan as an antagonist is a Christian idea so obviously a Jewish text, i.e, the Old Testament, is not going to mention this fallen angel because if it did, Jews would believe in the same idea, they don't.

Now the texts which do give the whole fallen angel story are actually not in the Bible, they are Gnostic texts and are either a part of the pseudopigrapha or the apocrypha. The main book would be the Book of Enoch where there is the story of Samyaza (who some think is actually Satan since his name means "infamous rebellion") who is an angel and he lusts after mortal women, gathers some angels together and they go down to fornicate with these women in a plan to thwart the coming of the Messiah by corrupting the seed of men. The offspring of these fallen angels gives rise to the Nephilim, a race of giants (also known as the grigori or watchers) who feast on the flesh of men. This earns Samyaza eternal punishment from God who casts Samyaza and his associates into a desert called Dudael (which means Cauldron of God) where they are supposedly kept until the End of Days. God then floods the earth to get rid of the Nephilim and so that the seed of men might be saved.

Anyway, excuse my ramblings.
"Like that old tale, the girl who wanted to become the best dancer in the world. "Yes," said the sorceress, "but each time you set your foot on earth will be like knives slashing." "If you can stand the pain, you will be granted your desire."
Old 05-03-2006, 09:09 AM   #287
Virulent Dryad

To be honest, all the versions of the Bible suck, since they are not in their original languages and anyone who's looked into the translations can note that whoever made the translations did a pretty incomplete job. I personally prefer the KJV since it's poetic and I would not read the Bible otherwise. But if you insist, the NLT version says "oh shining star, son of the morning!" no mention of Lucifer, the NASB version says "O star of the morning, son of the dawn!". The HNV (Hebrew Names Version) says "How you are fallen from heaven, Heylel, son of the morning! " which I'll speak about in a moment, and the RSV says "How you are fallen from heaven, O Day Star, son of Dawn!".

These are the only mentions of "Lucifer" but the only version to actually use the name is KJV and the HNV says Heylel which is actually what the verse should be translated as since Lucifer is a Latin word and nobody from the O.T would use such a word since Latin had not come into being yet.

In the A.D. 405 (I think it was around then, give or take a couple years) St. Jerome had completed what we know today as the Latin Vulgate Bible. I personally feel he was being very dishonest with his translating, but nevermind that, it's a personal opinion.

The word "Lucifer" comes from 2 Latin words:

Lux (=light) + ferous (=to bear or carry). Thus the name "Lucifer" means:Light-bearer or Light-bringer.

But that is not what Heylel means!

Anyway, as a result of this Latin Vulgate translation, which was almost the only version of the Bible in use throughout Europe for the next 1000 years, Satan popularly became known as Lucifer. It should be self-evident that when the first people who translated the Bible into English came along, one of their paradigms was that the name "Lucifer" applied to Satan. When they came to translate Isaiah 14:12 into English, they decided that rather than actually "translate" the word "Heylel," they would simply substitute it with the already well-known (originally) Latin name "Lucifer." And they could do this because on the surface this seems to be a reasonably accurate translation. But it isn't really!
Now the word Heylel translates as many different words in the O.T some being negative and some positive. Boast, praise, foolish, fools, commends - being some examples.

So to clarify, the word "Heylel" has nothing to do with the words "Star" or "Day" or "Morning" or "Bringing" or "Carrying."
Old 05-03-2006, 07:09 PM   #288
Catch

Being a Satanist doesn't pay.

(Most, if not all, religions rarely pay anything though.)
Old 05-04-2006, 03:24 AM   #289
Virulent Dryad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catch
Being a Satanist doesn't pay.

(Most, if not all, religions rarely pay anything though.)

It does if you consider self-gratification payment.
Old 05-05-2006, 08:27 PM   #290
Catch

Like money and stuff. They don't give members paychecks for showing up. At least they probably don't. I'm not a member myself. Seems backwards though, if they did.
Old 05-05-2006, 11:52 PM   #291
Queenofdarkness57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catch
Like money and stuff. They don't give members paychecks for showing up. At least they probably don't. I'm not a member myself. Seems backwards though, if they did.
Will you give an example of a religion that pays, please?
Old 05-06-2006, 12:07 AM   #292
4mytribe

Some of the happiest times of my life was in the depth of a christian cult. I still feel so fondly of those people and love them to death but one quote is too true too ignore:

Without Religion there will still be good people doing good things and bad people doing bad things but it takes Religion to make good people do bad things.

Its sad but true.
4mytribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 12:07 PM   #293
Catch

The Islam religion pays everyone of Islam within specific countries simply for being muslim. They tax Christians and Jews according to how much they dislike them.
Old 05-08-2006, 09:31 AM   #294
OnixxFilth

I just love those people who go off half-cocked convincing people like my mom that bands like HIM are evil and satanic and stuff like that. They make me giggle!
Old 05-08-2006, 03:27 PM   #295
Godslayer Jillian

Heh, you should have seen my Foreign Language teacher on day
Her daughter is a little... unique (kind of emo, but too happy and colorful to be an emo) and likes HIM, so the teacher began to research a little about HIM, and she was so scared when she found out it means His Infernal Majesty!!! Oh, lord!!!

Heh, conservative christians

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Old 05-31-2006, 10:41 AM   #296
OnixxFilth

Yeah, I doubt Mom has the dedication to actually do research on them. That's why I'm so anti-censorship. It gives parents an easy way out ("Oh, it has a Parental Advisory sticker! Bad! No, Nikki, you can't have that in the house!") instead of them taking the time to find out what the band actually stands for and is like.
Old 05-31-2006, 11:21 AM   #297
Virulent Dryad

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4mytribe
Some of the happiest times of my life was in the depth of a christian cult. I still feel so fondly of those people and love them to death but one quote is too true too ignore:
What were they called?
Old 06-23-2006, 05:09 PM   #298
OnixxFilth

I wish I had an emo pizza- it'd be so easy to eat! And no, despite the fact that he was ordained as a minister of the Church of Satan by Anton LaVey himself, Marilyn Manson is NOT a Satanist. Neither is his music goth.
Old 06-23-2006, 06:46 PM   #299
happy_dude

Location: I'm underneath the sink, now what do you think, living under my sink?
Quote:
I just love those people who go off half-cocked convincing people like my mom that bands like HIM are evil and satanic and stuff like that. They make me giggle!
HIM is evil! They give me the gloomies. I think by His Infernal Majesty they mean that this is what you get when you set Robert Smith on fire, Hard Rock that is ever so depressing(The Cure is great though, I just don't like HIM)
Old 08-05-2006, 09:59 AM   #300
Vitsa

In my ex-school there were some of these tr00evils.
It seems like it is necessity to listen music so loud that everybody can hear "your favorite band's" drums in three metres from you. Of course not anything else than blackmetal. Fuc@¤rs.
And because I and my friends were "too goth or so unplausible (?)" that they had to despise us or they're going to lose points. Oo
And this summer in one metalfestival one of these tr00evils had to show to his friends that he isn't an useless guy. He pointed at me and my friends with a finger and with the other hand showed middlefinger and yelled: "You fucking goth-gorillas! Go to hell!"
I was like "what the..." (For principle I had to answer him by showing \,,/)
So smart. And even smarter makes that there were about 10 000 other goths or people who listen to metal.
Fortunately there are some savvy pinguins (or so some call black metal fans with or without masks ).
Vitsa is offline   Reply With Quote