Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 08-16-2006, 06:33 PM   #251
roserougesang

A lot of the time when someone says anything my brain attempts to interpret it both literally and figuratively. For example, instead of saying 'what's your point' these days I sometimes say 'what's your blunt?' because of thinking of everything literally and thinking of the opposites as well.

Sorry if that was confusing.
No greater love than mine.
-Annie Lennox, Love Song For A Vampire-

Rouge Z. Hatter has FINALLY returned to Gnet!
roserougesang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 06:42 PM   #252
Maj.Bromley

I have a bad trait of fucking with people and pissing them off. Its fun, but a bad trait.

Suicide is a fundamental human right. This does not mean that it is morally desirable. It only means that society does not have the moral right to interfere
-Thomas S. Szasz
Maj.Bromley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 06:47 PM   #253
Crying_Crimson_Tears

I can tell when people are going to die. Only people I am close to though.

-Zach Galifianakis
Crying_Crimson_Tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 07:43 PM   #254
Mr_Knuckles

My worst trait.... I'd have to say I have a few. I am a very withdrawn person. I'm not an introvert, I just genuinly dislike speaking or interacting with the majority of people I meet. Most likely because I'm surrounded by narrowminded rednecks and racists where I live. I also have trust issues, most likely because of my childhood problems. I've been with my girlfriend for a year and am just now getting to a point where I can allow myself to trust her. It has caused us some problems.
Mr_Knuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 01:03 PM   #255
Tanzanari

I am overly loud and opinionated.
I hold grudges.
I lose my temper very easily.
I secretly throw away my boyfriends socks.
Tanzanari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 01:14 PM   #256
She_Is_My_Sin

I'm very insecure. I always assume people dislike me for no reason, or that my friends don't want to know me anymore.
She_Is_My_Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 03:08 AM   #257
thebloodflowers

Location: in,.....a house....in a country...in queensland...in maleny
i tend to come off as a snob..if someone does not know me very well....im over sensative...get attached to people to fast...then get cutt up and become a real horrible person
thebloodflowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 03:54 AM   #258
disorder

I often tend to think some people are below me... which they are, right?

*lmao*
Old 08-20-2006, 03:58 AM   #259
Don't Look Behind You

Location: a russian, vienna-educated, living in the Netherlands. beat that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by She_Is_My_Sin
I'm very insecure. I always assume people dislike me for no reason, or that my friends don't want to know me anymore.
That sounds just like me. I put in my head that I am oversesitive to people's real emotions even if they are hiding them...and for some reason my indicator of emotions presents all as being negative.
--If you want to love me you'll have to love my shadow. This black creature that is stuck to my feet and that hates the light whithout which it wouldn't exist. Sometimes, I think it is more me than I am. Please be gentle as you make my shadow white.

-- On soft pillows you won't ride into eternity and spilling your blood you won't get out of eternity again.
Don't Look Behind You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 04:02 AM   #260
WolfInstinct

Blurting my mouth at the most inapporpiate times. . .

At an assembly every one started cheering. . . I went to say "Damn that chick is fine down there" Right when the Teacher told every one to be quiet. So there I am just yelling that out for the school to hear >.<

Or we were watching this one movie and at the end of it the dude dies and I go "Haha!". . . forgetting it was a true story.
WolfInstinct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 01:06 PM   #261
Kireo-Umoshiae

I'm a procrastinator.

I think a lot, but I never I act on anything. I'm always too afraid.

I think I rock. I'm very proud of who I've become, because I'm so used to seeing so many ignorant people and thinking, "I'm glad I'm not like that anymore". But at the same time. I hate myself. I'm a self-loathing, self-pitying, shy, idiot that can't stand up for herself, but has no problem standing up for other people. No matter how much someone says I'm beautiful or they love me, I'll never believe them. No matter how great my life may be. I'll never be happy. I'm just used to it.

I don't believe in depression. I'm just not very good at coping with life. To me, saying you have depression is just denying the fact that you need get over yourself and everyone else. You just need to realize that this is life. Go home, take a nap, make a hobby, refuel, and get back out there.

My biggest problem is the fact that I can't trust people, and I can't get close to people. It's always too hard. I'm afraid it will either be akward or I'll get too attached and lose them one day thanks to my own idiocy.

A caveat: I'm difficult. Do not subject yourself to me. For I will undoubtedly forsake you.
Kireo-Umoshiae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 01:09 PM   #262
Kireo-Umoshiae

I find it ironic that I can post a 'quick reply' that takes about ten minutes to type.
Kireo-Umoshiae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 01:54 PM   #263
She_Is_My_Sin

I'm indecisive. I never know what to do. At worst I've had to put all my options onto strips of paper, fold them up & pick them randomly from a hat.
Old 08-27-2006, 01:57 PM   #264
Slap Your Love

I agree with she_is_my_sin I think my worst trait is actually me being too indecisive too. Oh what to do, what to do?
Old 08-27-2006, 01:59 PM   #265
She_Is_My_Sin

I was at a shop & spent half an hour deciding which version of something I should buy because I couldn't do the paper thing. In the end my friend had to pick for me because I was taking too long.
Old 08-27-2006, 03:00 PM   #266
BlackWidow

My worst trait would have to be....damn it's hard to choose...my insecurity as well. I am kind of flat chested so I got made fun of a lot. So now I am so insecure about that and I am jealous. I thought getting my nipple pierced would make up for what I didnt have. But I still hate my body. I wont let my husband watch any movies that have sexuality in it because I am paranoid he will want her or think she is hotter than I am. It makes me want to cry sometimes. It's bad. Scars....
Old 08-29-2006, 07:48 AM   #267
Delkaetre

I get really arrogant to cover up a few little... insecurities is the best word. I know I don't have the best hair, figure, skin, etc, so I get arrogant and self-confident to cover flaws over with force of personality. The trick is making it comedic so you don't piss people off too badly with it.
Also, no money skills. I give stuff away and lend a few quid when I know I really shouldn't, and this has left me really short of cash more than once.
The noblest sentiment I have encountered and the most passionate political statement to stir my heart both belong to a fictional character. Why do we have no politicians as pure in their intent and determinedly joyous in their outlook as Arkady Bogdanov of Red Mars?
Delkaetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 12:04 PM   #268
transformingfate

lack of self-confidence.

My worst trait is my lack of self-confidence. It really affects me when I'm trying to communicate with strangers or guys/chicks I have a crush on. Ahehe. Thing is, it's in person that I have this problem. It's mostly with my physical appearance I think. I've wished for a long time that I could be more confident with myself.
transformingfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 06:14 AM   #269
badteccy

I have a few:
I have an incredibly oral fixation. I smoke soo much, I'm always chewing on something, I even suck my thumb on occasion.
I lack self-worth.
their are more I am sure...
badteccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 08:35 PM   #270
Spectral Despondence

I share some of the traits ive seen up here. I used to be ALOT wilder then i am now. I think my worst trait is that i refuse to take shit anymore. Ive just reached a point where ive snapped - I'm a pacifist by nature, and do not enjoy unecessary violence but have come to terms with the fact that todays world and the people most of it yields do not understand anything but force. So my worst habit is lack of patience with shit starters. I just lash out and start swinging until the problem is solved, lol. Not something i'm proud of but seems to work well. It just gets so hard to not swing on some people anymore with their inflated egos you know?
Spectral Despondence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 08:36 PM   #271
Godslayer Jillian

Aw, I missed this thread.
My worst trait right now:
I'm too damn good looking.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 08:54 PM   #272
Spectral Despondence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
Aw, I missed this thread.
My worst trait right now:
I'm too damn good looking.
ah! lol - i wish i had that problem =P
Spectral Despondence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 09:12 PM   #273
BlackButterfly

I have three...

I procrastinate. Yes. Because I should be sewing right now. Either that or cleaning up the minefield of fabric scraps and needles.

Well, that, and there is this shadow-thing between my lower lip and my chin that always ruins what would otherwise be a magnificent photo!(OK, and I'm an overbearing perfectionist... sometimes...)

...and I don't say everything I think (which may or may not be a good thing... I haven't totally figured that one out yet...)
According to an article in USA Today, children from single parent homes have much better verbal skills than children from two parent homes. However, children from two parent homes are far superior at bitterly sarcastic repertoire.

I'd love to see crowds of kids running away from a greased naked guy with Jesus hair.--
c130
BlackButterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 02:48 PM   #274
Darkbender423

I am also guilty of proscratination. I think that one of my biggest flaws is that I tend to sacrifice my own feelings too much for the benifit of others. I therefore end up hurting myself so that others will feel good. I need to be more assertive sometimes.
Darkbender423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 03:01 PM   #275
She_Is_My_Sin

Another thing about me is that sometimes I can act unintentionally stupid. I seriously don't mean to, but common sense abandons me sometimes.