Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 06-02-2010, 03:58 PM   #1
Saya

Apparently the gays have too much power.

Quote:
A University of Washington poll finds that a majority of "true" Tea Party supporters say it's not the responsibility of government to guarantee equal rights to African Americans and other minorities.

According to the survey, 74% of Tea Party supporters say they agree with the following statement: "While equal opportunity for blacks and minorities to succeed is important, it's not really the government's job to guarantee it."

Fifty-two percent of respondents also said that "compared to the size of their group, lesbians and gays have too much political power."

The latest data on the Tea Party reveals that the anger coming from the movement isn't unilaterally directed at government spending -- one of the group's core issues.

According to University of Washington professor Matt Barreto, who directed the poll, the Tea Party's frustration with Washington "is going hand in hand with a frustration and opposition to racial and ethnic minorities and gays and lesbians."

Other noteworthy findings from the University of Washington poll include:

88% of Tea Party supporters approve of the controversial immigration law recently enacted in Arizona.
Only 18% of those surveyed say gay and lesbian couples should have the legal right to marry.
73% of Tea Party backers disapprove of President Obama's policy of engaging with Muslim countries.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/0..._n_597968.html

You're shocked, I know. Remember, the government snoops too much into our lives! But they should totally demand Hispanics to produce their papers and deny gays the right to marry.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 12:28 AM   #2
Joker_in_the_Pack

Yeah, this is why I just refuse to talk to Teabaggers. I'm better off drinking antifreeze.
Because before too long there'll be nothing left alive, not a creature on the land or sea, a bird in the sky. They'll be shot, harpooned, eaten, and hunted too much, vivisected by the clever men who prove that there's no such things as a fair world with live and let live. The Royal family go hunting, what an example to give to the people they lead and that don't include me, I've seen enough pain and torture of those who can't speak...

- Tough Shit, Mickey by Conflict
Joker_in_the_Pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 07:21 AM   #3
d0p3y

Quote:
88% of Tea Party supporters approve of the controversial immigration law recently enacted in Arizona.
Only 18% of those surveyed say gay and lesbian couples should have the legal right to marry.
73% of Tea Party backers disapprove of President Obama's policy of engaging with Muslim countries

That just has republican written all over it.

Hmmm.. wonder what that means for OBAMA...

"No todo es blanco o negro, es gris todo depende del matiz..."
(Mago de oz)

"your life does not belong to you, it belongs to the people that love you."
(incognito)

"laying to ones self, is laying to the world"
(incognito)

"El que por su gusto muere, hasta la muerte le sabe."
(incognito)
d0p3y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 07:49 AM   #4
Ben Lahnger

You know, it's estimated that whites will no longer be the majority in the United States by 2040. Maybe this is just some of the last gasps of people who don't want to let go of the "good old days."

And by "good old days" I mean the "let's keep the blacks and Hispanics and gays down so that straight whites can continue to monopolize the county's resources" days.

Good thing that the more the Tea Party members speak out on their "core issues", the more they look ridiculous to even moderate centrist independents, who ultimately will be an influencing factor in elections to come.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote