Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 03-19-2006, 04:08 PM   #26
Godslayer Jillian

That is true. I actually like kittyx23. I don't see any reason not to like her.
But, anyway, you cannot ask for everyone to like you, just don't let it get to your nerves.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 05:54 PM   #27
Ben Lahnger

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittyx23
Originally directed at GeishaGirl - I would say Fuck You, but you probly couldnt get anyone to do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenet_2012
I would. And I'm gay!
Tenet, if I hadn't already been impressed and appreciative of you from your other posts,

I'd love you for this one!

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 04:24 PM   #28
Godslayer Jillian

GeishaGirl. Specifically, why do you dislike her?

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 12:04 AM   #29
tenet_2012

Geisha, that was hot.

--Geisha
tenet_2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 07:49 AM   #30
horrorgirl

How does a person sound preppy? *scratches head*

I'm gothtastically delicious!
horrorgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 08:26 AM   #31
WolfMoon

I don't know.

Maybe she should have said 'hyper' or 'happy'? Those are supposed to be shunned by goths, right?

*rolls eyes*
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 09:43 AM   #32
Sobeh

You probably sound preppy when you're talking to an ubar-gawth and wearing non-black.
The phrase "we (I) (you) simply must---" designates something that need not be done. "That goes without saying" is a red warning. "Of course" means you had best check it yourself. These small-change cliches and others like them, when read correctly, are reliable channel markers.
Sobeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 09:46 AM   #33
tenet_2012

I bet they're preppy.

--Geisha
Old 03-21-2006, 09:52 AM   #34
Sobeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenet_2012
I bet they're preppy.
Haha! That Scrabble intro page has Texas and Tit sharing the first letter 'T'. Awesome, given the number of tight Texas T&A on these boards!
The phrase "we (I) (you) simply must---" designates something that need not be done. "That goes without saying" is a red warning. "Of course" means you had best check it yourself. These small-change cliches and others like them, when read correctly, are reliable channel markers.
Sobeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 10:05 AM   #35
Disfunction

How about people sounding "ditzy" instead of "preppy"? Something that has an active definition instead of an implied one.

...don't smother your kids."
Disfunction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 10:10 AM   #36
horrorgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfMoon
I don't know.

Maybe she should have said 'hyper' or 'happy'? Those are supposed to be shunned by goths, right?

*rolls eyes*
Everybody on this board is supposed to be sad and depressed!!!!! I command it! ;-)

Old 03-22-2006, 04:08 PM   #37
kittyx23

my comments will be in bold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeishaGirl
Let me disect her intro for you Jillian. Everything I write will be in italics:

Yeah, call me Kitty, unless you can remember how to spell Ariauna. If you can then I would like that, but if not, Kitty, or Kat ( I dislike people who spell Cat with a "K", unless their name is Katherine, etc), will do, thanks. If you read any of my replies, you would see that I said my first name was KATHERINE. If you think you mustr reply. at least read what other people also reply, so you dont sound like as much of an idiot.

About me, Im 17, Im engaged,(she's 17 and engaged. Fuck that shit. I'm all for having a relationship while you're young, but to be engaged at 17? It's bullshit. She's wasting her life and making herself into a statistic. Who are you to tell me what to do? No one. I already have parents, thanks. And for you information, my moom knows, and shes not against it. And the fact that she's a hormonal teenager, in two months time they'll break up and she'll go cut herself I stopped cutting myself. and bemoan her fate. No fucking thanks. Every time I see someone like this, they are fucking idiots who can't get their heads out of their asses long enough to realize the mistake their making.) Im from Missouri, I play soccer (#23) I love music! I also love shopping, sleeping(we all love sleeping. What a fucking stupid thing to list as an interest. This shows a lack of imagination and intelligence.) and being with friends. Partying is fun but I dont get to do that as much as I would like due to overprotective parents. (Ungrateful to her parents for wanting to protect her. Keeping a 17 year old away from parties it no over protective. It's sensible. Especially considering she doesn't have enought sense to NOT get engaged at 17.)Yeah, yeah, I know they are just tying to do the right thing.

I sing in the band Lighter Side Of Darkness. Check us out: www.purevolume.com/lightersideofdarkness
AND/OR
www.myspace.com/canthandlelsdNo thanks. Don't know you, don't care about your stupid band.

No shows as of now, we are still getting it together.

I love:
Curtis (my boyfriend) (Listed as the first thing. GET A FUCKING LIFE beyond your boyfriend. I have a life thanks. Im just saying I love him. There is nothing wrong with that. Big deal if I list him first.
MUSIC!
soccer
shopping
reading
sleeping Again? Wasn't one mention enough?
being with friends
the few parties Ive been to
Devin (he fuckin rocks!) and the guys from the lunch table Like we know, much less care who the fuck Devin is, or the lunch table guys. It shows us nothing about her and it just goes to show what a vapid piece of work she is.
BeaSee above
Sarah See above
Caleb, all the guys from vo-tech! See above
pink Do I really have to explain this?
black

I dis-love (haha, new word)
spiders! (fuckin hate them like crazy!)
people who are arrogant jerks Her saying that was pretty arrogant and jerkish. It sealed her fate

hmmm, actually, there is not a whole lot I hate.

If I sound insanly, oh, I dont know, preppy? That would be because of my mood. (She's making excuses for herself. We don't care if you come off as preppy. And the fact that she felt she had to explain it makes me think that she's a poser This is exactly why I dont give myself a lable. People like HER calling me a pouser. My moods change so much. (People only say this when they have a habit of acting like idiots and want to excuse themselves before they do it.)So what if I act like an idiot sometimes? Hello, EVERYONE DOES! And I doubt, no, I KNOW, you are not perfect. Also, you cannot say that I use my moods changing as an excuse to act like an idiot. If you knew me at all, which you dont, you would know that my moods actually DO change alot, its not a fucking excuse. I hate lables, (But she has no problem saying she's acting preppy.I said if i sound PREPPY, not ACT preppy. Hypocritical.) and Im not to sure there is one for me anyways.

If you want to talk, my msn is: anilges07@************

<3 ariauna

Does that help Jillian? And so help me God, if you try to make me change my mind, I will NOT be nice in my response to you.
You know what? Bitch me out, I dont really give a fuck. Your the fucking hypocrite. You change my words and call me the hypocrite. And the first thing you tell me to do is "fuck off" Yeah, real mature. And old are how you?

Your the hypocrite.
kittyx23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 04:24 PM   #38
tenet_2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittyx23
my comments will be in bold.

You know what? Bitch me out, I dont really give a fuck. Your the fucking hypocrite. You change my words and call me the hypocrite. And the first thing you tell me to do is "fuck off" Yeah, real mature. And old are how you?

Your the hypocrite.
Whoa, kitty.

Geisha is a respected member of this community. I would not call her the things you did if you want to stay active here.

Unless, of course, you want to leave. I don't think any of us would give a shit.

Buh-Bye!

--Geisha
Old 03-22-2006, 04:29 PM   #39
kittyx23

Haha, lots of spelling mistakes, but thats what happens when Im pissed.
Old 03-22-2006, 04:52 PM   #40
kittyx23

You have to give respect to get it, and she gets no respect from me.

I came here and made an introduction, and right away she says "fuck you" Im not taking it. I take that from no one, and I wont take it from a little fuckhead on the internet who thinks they can intimidate me by insulting me. Ive been bitched out on the internet before, one more time isnt going to bother me.

You say shes respected? Feared sounds more like it. Everyone to afraid to say something different then her, because they dont want whats happening to me happen to them.

Seems to me like everyone was changing after geisha posted, everyone except Godslayer Jillian and Xnguela.

Hate me, geisha, I really dont care. But I want you to give me a reasonable answer to why you hate me. Disagreeing with me is not reasonable.
Old 03-22-2006, 05:19 PM   #41
kittyx23

But she has no problem saying she's acting preppy.

Thats what you said. And I never said I was acting preppy, I said If I sounded preppy. Maybe things are different where your from.

I propose this: We agree that you dislike me, and I dislike you.
Old 03-22-2006, 06:07 PM   #42
ExistentialDisorder

just as a side note, my two cents...

my sister was engaged at 17, married at 18 - just 3 months after she turned 18 i might add. She's 36 now and she's still married to the same guy, and about to have her 2nd child. She's by no means thrown her life away. Tho granted, she use to talk about being a doctor before she met her husband and it seemed like that all went down the drain once she got engaged, but she's never once said that she regrets what she did. she's in the air force going on 12 years now. She's been very successful with her choices. her marriage hasn't been perfect by any means, but they've stayed together, even through the death of their first child, which can be enough to tear any marriage apart in a lot of cases.

So, I'm just saying, getting married at such a young age isn't always so bad.

"What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection
Is it all you wanted to be?
What if you could look right through the cracks?
Would you find yourself [or]
Find yourself afraid to see?..." -NIN
ExistentialDisorder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 11:19 AM   #43
Ben Lahnger

Well, when this all played out I decided to take a little distance and watch for a bit. It all has been ... *ahem* ... interesting.

kittyx23, continue to post (on other subjects) and see what happens. People around here can be incredibly fair, supportive and compassionate. But, as you've seen, there are some times when little things can tick some of us off ... or not so little things.

I'm not thrilled by the odds of a teen engagement working out for the best, but it does happen from time to time. So I'll just wish you luck with that one.

There's not a lot of patience around here for the whiney, angsty "oh poor me" type of postings, so I would steer clear of that kind of thing. Other than that, welcome to Gnet! I look forward to your contributions.

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Old 03-23-2006, 12:53 PM   #44
Bete Noire

[quote=Just don't act like an idiot, and I wont go for blood.[/QUOTE]
Geisha she wasn't acting...
Bete Noire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 07:48 AM   #45
WolfMoon

Quote:
And old are how you?
Huh?

o_O
WolfMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 08:28 AM   #46
spookypurple

(I'm always walking in halfway through a conversation)

What does 'preppy' mean? Sincere apologies if it's already been defined somewhere. In which case if someone can point me vaguely in the right direction and I will go seek it out, hanging my head in embarrassment...

Hamlet
spookypurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 08:35 AM   #47
horrorgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xnguela
"preppy" is the term goth kids use to define those typical popular kids. The true definition of preppy, as I'm sure you know, is a look. It's the look where women wore knee-length pleated skirts and tied a sweater around their shoulders. But babygoths don't know that. They think they can define it themselves.
Exactly. The term 'preppy' was an 80's thing. Damn ignorant kids! *waves cane*

Old 03-24-2006, 08:40 AM   #48
Ben Lahnger

The height of Preppyness? - Those damn Izod sweaters.

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,

Old 03-24-2006, 08:40 AM   #49
spookypurple

Thank you for clearing that up for me, Xnguela and horrorgirl.

Urrrrrhhhh... yes, I know what you mean now.....

[having horrid 80's flashbacks]

...and the lads with polo/rugby shirts with the collars turned up? Usually pastel?

Excuse me, I need to go and sit down quietly. Suddenly feeling my age.

Curiosity hasn't exactly killed this cat, but it has brought about the sudden need for a litter tray...

Hamlet
spookypurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 08:44 AM   #50
Ben Lahnger

Quote:
Originally Posted by spookypurple
Curiosity hasn't exactly killed this cat, but it has brought about the sudden need for a litter tray...
Damn, that's brilliant!

I'm gonna use that as my signature for a bit!

the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,