Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Politics
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics "Under democracy, one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule -and both commonly succeed, and are right." -H.L. Menken

Old 11-22-2005, 01:55 PM   #1
AlKilyu

Iranian Children's Cartoon Promotes Suicide Bombing

Iranian animated film for children that promotes suicide bombings
Warning this is a graphic cartoon even though it is aimed at children.

Palestinian children clash with an Israeli soldier in an Iranian animated movie

Children drive "cruel Israeli soldiers" away using eggplant grenades
AlKilyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 02:58 PM   #2
mortalitas incomitatus

that was awful, i dont really know how else to describe my feelings at the moment.
i remember a few years back watching a documentary inwhich a palistinian woman was asked what she wanted her new born to be when he grew up, the reporter asked doctor, farmer, etc. the mother loked at the new born in her arms are said, he will be a martyr.
i think that was one of the sadest thing i had ever seen, up until now.
it is times like this that you realise just ho big the culture devide really is.
al, where do you find this shit?

*another eliter*
mortalitas incomitatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 03:01 PM   #3
rockandrose

Since you have a child of your own, you can relate to this documentary better than I can.

I agree, it is sad when the mother can see her baby growing up to be a 'martyr'
Old 11-22-2005, 03:32 PM   #4
mortalitas incomitatus

as a mother this shit makes me glad my son is growing up in australia where atleast he has some chance of a childhood.

*another eliter*
mortalitas incomitatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 03:41 PM   #5
rockandrose

Your son is in good hands.

Also, the guy who's currently on death row in Singapore is quite emotional.
Old 11-22-2005, 04:04 PM   #6
Loy

Sick, twisted, fucked up.....kind of like how I felt when I saw the American propaganda that was spread to get Nicaraguan kids to join the contras.
Old 11-22-2005, 07:53 PM   #7
Binkie

What did the CIA show and/or write? How righteous it was for kids to bayonet pregnant women? How justified it is to cut off testicles and poke out the eyes of civilians, including women and other children?

The nature of the campaigns run by Palestinians and the Contras are radically different in nature. A key difference being the use of martyrdom. Without it, recruiting children is a major tactical error, as they really aren't suitable for planting specialized bombs or conducting maiming campaigns. The only propaganda I'm aware of used for the general public (i.e. designed specifically to be consumed by...), was printed through news papers to cause unrest and stir up anti-government sentiment. Not to convince children to pick up a knife and start slitting the throats of other kids with a 'resistance group' wreaking havoc along the countryside. Nicaraguan children were on the business end of the gun, so to speak, rather than prime recruits.

What exactly did this propaganda consist of? Hopefully not just "joining the anti-government resistance," because that says absolutely nothing for comparing this to these Iranian cartoons. There are propaganda campaigns that encourage children to join HAMAS. Saying those are all comparable to the Iranian cartoon is erronous, as one may target children for the political wing while the other actually targets kids for martyrdom.

This cartoon was specific, saying it's admirable for a kid to strap a bomb to himself and become a martyr. So what did this Nicaraguan propaganda target kids to do specifically?
"[Brian Blair] was a punk. I can break his fucking back - break his back and make him humble and then fuck his ass ... Suplex him, put him in a camel clutch, break his back, and fuck his ass - make him humble. Teach him to respect the Iron Sheik. And I didn't do it, because for the God and Jesus, and Mr. McMahon." -Khosrow Vaziri (The Iron Sheik)
Binkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 09:45 PM   #8
Surgeon Méchant De Sang

Location: In some desolate wooded area with the rest of the trailer trash.
That cartoon was sick...
Every type of media they have over there has some message of hate or violence in it...
*Shakes head sadly*
Surgeon Méchant De Sang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 11:16 PM   #9
Jane13

That cartoon is just horrible. Children shouldn't be around political propoganda... children should be children. they're so impressionable, and it's not as though they can start with a clean slate later... it really sucks that people would manipulate kids this way.
"There's straw in his brains and his clothing is stained with mice and small newts and the perfectly maimed. Don't look under his hood in the place where he stood or you'll find yourself running from the rook in the wood."
-Cinema Strange
Jane13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 01:32 AM   #10
anti/loved

,,,,,,,,,,,,big deal.........
anti/loved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 01:35 AM   #11
anti/loved

what do u expect from people ,,surrounded by enemys ,
,and bombs there everywhere i mean in palestian and iraq,,,people in palestian they are suffering from the israeli .,,they took there houses ,land ,.how do you want them to react to all of that ,,,,,ofcourse they will do the impossiable to get it back,,,,,put your self in there places,,,,,
and by the way we always watch violance and politic on tv.big deal
Old 01-02-2006, 04:41 AM   #12
tekajo

Wow, it took a/l two complete posts. Within three minutes of each other.

*sits Babygoff on his knee* There is a five minute edit rule to your posts. Which means that after you post, you have only five minutes to either delete or add to your post.

i despise having to piece together sentence fragments and wade through such atrocious spelling just to glean some sort of sense. So if this is the caliber of your writing skills slim i shall not read anymore.

As for the topic at hand, for the love of all that is sacred i cannot take my eyes off of your Alphabet Soup garbled post, this type of societal standard will forever linger on in that culture. No matter if the Israelis left tonight, there will always be someone they hate and want to kill.

edit: Just thought i'd throw in, i love Binkie.

Last edited by tekajo; 01-02-2006 at 04:43 AM. Reason: See how this works Asshat?
tekajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 05:10 AM   #13
anti/loved

we live in a fucked up world and we kill to live.
Old 01-02-2006, 10:45 AM   #14
Binkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by anti/loved
they took there houses ,land ,.how do you want them to react to all of that ,,,,,ofcourse they will do the impossiable to get it back,,,,,put your self in there places,,,,,
and by the way we always watch violance and politic on tv.big deal
If getting back my house and land means convincing a 5 year old to destroy himself, it really isn't worth it by comparison. Especially if it's not just one 5 year old's life, it's 10, or 20, or 100. All those childrens' lives, who will never grow up to even own a house or land and know what it means to even fight for this cause, sure as shit ain't worth the little piece of shit I owned before someone took it away.

And when you start seeing ad campaigns on TV here in the US or the UK targeting children to go to Iraq and blow themselves up in al-Qaeda camps, then you can say, "Big deal. We see it every day." You may see violence on TV, but you sure as hell don't see mainstream cartoons targeting children to kill "Zionists" or "Islamic Fundamentalists" in the name of divine righteousness by blowing themselves up.
"[Brian Blair] was a punk. I can break his fucking back - break his back and make him humble and then fuck his ass ... Suplex him, put him in a camel clutch, break his back, and fuck his ass - make him humble. Teach him to respect the Iron Sheik. And I didn't do it, because for the God and Jesus, and Mr. McMahon." -Khosrow Vaziri (The Iron Sheik)
Old 01-02-2006, 12:11 PM   #15
MrMaelstrom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binkie
...sure as shit ain't worth the little piece of shit I owned before someone took it away.
Point is, someone DID take it away, and as for what the land is worth... how do we know what it's worth to them?

I own some land down south in the Algarve. It's been in my family for over 300 years. It ain't worth much, but it still has the house my grandfather was born in and my beloved almond trees.
Now let's assume some spaniard decides it's his to take.
Is it the land? Is it the fact we fought them for about a thousand years? Is it me and mine who are considered worthless that would make me fight for it?

Would I die for it or accept children to die for it? No. Would I kill for it? Maybe.

It's not in my upbringing and culture. But I have the means to survive elsewhere in MY country without MY land. Can they? Should they?
Old 01-02-2006, 01:26 PM   #16
Binkie

If the adults have a problem with it, they need to fight. THEY need to fight for the land. Not have their 6 year old son or daughter go die for it, then turn around from the saftey of wherever after they've been martyred and conceive yet another nail bomb delivery system for the same purpose.

I don't care if you own 40 acre beach front property in Saudi Arabia located on an oasis that's been in your family for 2,000 years. Ask yourself, is a plot of dirt and sand worth the life of your child? Is arid land worth more than the life of a young child who really can't make any decisions on his/her own? Is it ok, from your point of view, for them to decide for their children when they are to die and what for before they can grow up? I believe I got your take on this already, which is what I was arguing.

Can they? They should with programs like the UNRWA and countries like Jordan giving citizenship to refugees, enabling them to work there and survive on their own without restrictions. But since I know you're trying to bait me into another arguement, I'll say "no" so that we can stay on topic of the original issue. Should they? It's a matter of debate, dependant on how you view the course of history, but we can lean towards saying, "No," for the benefit of not starting another arguement. With both answered as, "no," does that make it right for displaced adults to send their 6 year old children off to blow themselves up for land? It'll always come back to the same question and same answer from you. We're not arguing anything else. Just that question, which you've already answered.
Old 01-02-2006, 02:18 PM   #17
MrMaelstrom

Yes, thank you. I have already answered that question, but mine specifically said MY country/land.

Like you did, if we exclude historical back and forths on this, you would want palestinians to either flee their land (to Jordan, like you mentioned) or join UNRWA (which obviously is part of the United Nations you so seem to despise, you know, the same UN that Israeli's have for so long ignored).

Strangely enough, most of these so called Martyrs do come from refugee camps. I guess that being born in a refugee camp and watching your children live and die in a refugee camp makes for some changes in the mindset of what people are willing to do to counter their opression (unless of course, palestinians really aren't being repressed). I guess that many would rather see their children dead than trampled on. Many prefer the idea of their children dying to being killed by mindless twats following orders ('cause that's what it comes down to when trying to prosecute military personel, as the case of the schoolgirl evidently showed: the prosecution witnesses were soldiers themselves [bless the ones with a heart inside their chests] and yet...)
I would, of course prefer the parents to go instead, but hey, it's not me, my kids and my family living in such sub-human conditions.

Is it fucked up? Of course it is.

Again, as for the land and it's importance, it means little to someone with none and no need for it.
It already is different for me with some and no actual need for it.
As for those with none and a real need for it...

Old 01-02-2006, 02:23 PM   #18
MrMaelstrom

What I mean is, we seem to hold here the whole of the palestinian population hostage to the actions of a few, but we can't seem to be able to condone Israel for the actions of a nation while represented by its armed forces.

The same nation which holds the future of the palestinian people in their hands, who have the power to enable a palestinian state (where you know, the state can be held responsible for the actions of its citizens and be held accountable) which they continuously deny (thus empowering extremists in the opposing side).

Only when there are 2 states, can they BOTH be held accountable. Right now, there's only Israel, political/religious extremists and the palestinian and israeli population in the middle of it all.
Old 01-02-2006, 06:02 PM   #19
Binkie

I have problems with the UN for reasons other than what you probably assume. Those, however, aren't the issues here.

What is the issue is whether or not you're just ranting or actually trying to justify the use of children as suicide bombers.
Old 01-02-2006, 08:19 PM   #20
Saxie

these suicide bombers seems to get freak to die, they die in the name of god, but inside their own, they die because of being desperate Being left away by others.
Saxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 08:59 PM   #21
Binkie

The children die because they're manipulated by fanatical assholes. Most of them are taught, manipulated, or pressured into doing these things by non-family members who don't give a shit about the child's future or give any hope to the possibility of chance. They simple recruit random children on their way to school, teach them to hate Israel with the same kind of bullshit you see in these cartoons, then supply them with a handler and have them go off and destroy themselves.

Desperation is a bullshit excuse. There are kids in the US who live under worse conditions after the bank took everything their family ever had away. There are kids in Pakistan who live in absolute shit because their family, who supported the Taliban, had to flee Afghanistan when Northern Alliance and Coalition Forces took control. These are children who have to shuffle through garbage everyday to find things to eat. Kids who can't afford to go to school because they're out breaking their backs working for their families. The kind of shit Palestinian refugees, with UN aid pouring in, will never have to experience. Do you see these kids wearing bomb belts and destroying themselves out of spite for what conditions the live in? No.

Atop of that, Palestinians have the chance to get out of these camps, attend good schools over seas, after which they can come back and change things politically.

This is the same bullshit that happens anywhere else you have fundamentalists operating out of conflicts. Exact same shit that happens in Chechnya, only they manipulate widowed women into wearing suicide belts and destroying themselves. In Iraq, it's foreign fighters who are never even told they're driving a truck full of explosives. They had no intention of dying when they signed on, but surprise, surprise, they were manipulated.

And with that, I leave you (i.e. all those who have tried to justify the use of children as suicide bombers) with a quote from the parents of a Palestinian child suicide bomber:

"God will curse those who recruited Amar. I had heard the stories about recruiting children in Nablus but I didn't think they were true... Yes, it is difficult here for everyone because of the occupation, and life in Nablus is intolerable, but children should not be exploited in this way."
Old 01-02-2006, 09:46 PM   #22
Empty_Purple_Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by anti/loved

big deal....
Not suicide. Murder.

"A fanatic who straps a bomb to his chest and walks into a market crowded with women and children, then detonates a bomb that is sometimes laced with rat poison to hamper blood coagulation, is properly called a 'mass murderer.' ... Calling these human bomb delivery devices 'suicide bombers' is simply incorrect. They are murderers. ... Calling homicide bombers martyrs is a language offense; words are every bit as powerful as bombs, often more so. Calling murderers 'martyrs' is like calling a man 'customer' because he stood in line before gunning down a store clerk."

Michael Yon,
from "The Battle for Mosul: Dispatch II"
May 21, 2005

Source

"In Deuteronomy: 24:16, the Torah states: "Parents shall not die because of their children, nor children for their parents. Every one shall only die through their own sins."

And with those bits of Truth, I leave you with this Abomination of Innocence.

Article Source
Empty_Purple_Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2006, 11:16 PM   #23
AlKilyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMaelstrom
I own some land down south in the Algarve. It's been in my family for over 300 years. It ain't worth much, but it still has the house my grandfather was born in and my beloved almond trees.
Now let's assume some spaniard decides it's his to take.
Why don't you try the correct analogy?

...like you had gypsy squatters on that land that YOU didn't like and YOU wanted gone.
A Spaniard moves in to the land next to it and you loathe that because you were raised to hate him based on decades of untrue prejeduce.
SO, you attack this Spaniard and his land, he defends himself and counters in record time, and sends you running back over your fence with your ass in your hands and a snot bubble in your nose.
Pissed and rightly so, he does what you just tried and failed to do and takes a chuck of your land so that you cannot launch another cowardly sneek attack against him from that vantage point.
Now suddenly, you care for those poor gypsies whom you hated not that long ago. Suddenly, you think that was their land all along and you want them to have it back NOT because you think they deserve it, but because you don't want the Spaniard to have it and you know that you don't have the testicular fortitude to fight him again.
You pretend to worry about them because the enemy of your enemy is your friend, but you won't let them move back onto your land, you don't care about them that much.
Old 01-03-2006, 12:58 AM   #24
Saxie

these children need not to do this. They are too young to be martyrs.
Old 01-03-2006, 03:07 PM   #25
AlKilyu

Uh...I agree with you on the first half of that (and excited that I understood it) but there is no age in which someone should kill and mame innocent people.

You want to get to heaven? Don't try taking the "quick route", try being a good person all of your life. Another reason I think people opt to do this sort of thing.