Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > TV, Movies, & Games
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

TV, Movies, & Games Talk about your favorite TV shows, movies, games, and other media here. Or don't. We don't want to tell you what to do or anything.

Old 03-25-2006, 03:44 PM   #1
Betrothed2Death

...Stay Alive...

*SPOLIER ALERT* If you don't want to know the plot twist, do not read any further.

Ok, well. I just went to see that movie last night and for you who haven't heard about it, the synopsis is that there's this video game which kills you in real life if you die in the game. Now, as there have been... well... not exactly some of the BEST horror movies of all time this year, I was a bit worried to go see it but, eh, I went anyway. I liked the plot but wasn't very hopeful for it. When I came out of it, however, I was ecstatic. Surprisingly enough, I LOVED it!
It was funny, exciting, and the plot was even better than the trailer had shown it to be. It turned out that the video game was based on events that took place in Countess Elizabeth Bathory's life (I think that's her name). And they got basically all of the facts right, as well! There was gamer nerdiness (<3!) witchcraft and vampires. My three loves.
I don't expect everyone on here to see it and like it, I'm just curious as to what those who have seen it thought. And for those who haven't seen it, I recommend you do so. If you don't like it, I apologize for having encouraged you to waste your time and money.

~Gaia<3

Last edited by Empty_Purple_Stars; 03-25-2006 at 04:48 PM.
Betrothed2Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 11:48 AM   #2
TwistedKitsune

I'm going to agree with this whole-heartedly, I went and saw it, and was very wary of seeing it as well, but it turned out really enjoyably. I kinda had this low-expectations-going-into-it-and-being-totally-surprised-by-it being-good thing going on.

Two things though....WHY did they have to throw that idiotic "I can't leave you because I love you too much" thing in there, they just freakin' met the day before. Secondly, I dunno how many people ever notice things like this, but it had that ever so wonderful character spread thing going on where you get your sterotypical goth chick, your stereotypical uber smart hacker/gamer/brainiac, your stereotypical jackass, your stereotypical bohemian-artsy-"I'm livin' outta my van" chick, and your stereotypical "ooo I'm so normal but I have a secret!" guy....like, they try too hard to spread out the character dynamics in movies like this, like...there's never two jackasses, or a bunch of cool-geeky gamers...it's funny. And well, kind of a third thing I guess, I love the clerk guy at the game store, his shirt rocks!

pssst, Morrigan, tokidoki shashin wa ii...
TwistedKitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 06:14 PM   #3
Przfinestrep

I saw the movie it waz great.....i loved it alot and ur ryte they did get all there factz ryte.
Przfinestrep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 06:21 PM   #4
Godslayer Jillian

Damn!
Ok, przfinestrep, are you going to stay? It you choose to, and I would like you too, you're going to have to introduce yourself, and start writing correctly.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 06:38 PM   #5
gruel

Direct from queenz,comes such classics as:"My new boyfriend for 3 week is gothic","And i like him and think hes cute","I dont know my friends say hez ugly","He also does really wierd things",and also: "For example stample himself for fun."...What will they think of next?
gruel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 05:39 PM   #6
CheshiresRevenge666

that movie was well a bad horror movie but decent
CheshiresRevenge666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 06:00 AM   #7
Immortal_Death

There's a cursed videotape that kills you in 7 days, then a website that tells you to find the owner of the site in 48 hours or you will die. Now this? I'm looking forward in seeing this movie...
Old 07-06-2006, 06:00 AM   #8
Immortal_Death

Just an update to my previous reply, I love this movie. And CheshiresRevenge666, you would like to introduce yourself, wont you?