Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 02-20-2009, 05:08 PM   #26
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Mond
Slooooooooooowpoke is sloooooooooooooooooooooow.
I'm trying to avoid jumping to the worst, most insulting possible conclusion when reading things, It's lead to bad experiences in the past.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 09:09 PM   #27
viscus

No, I think you're a great nurse, Angelik. You kept your cool way better than I ever would have.

Man, a bullet would be a lot faster for this woman.

"Now some of you may encounter the devil's bargain if you get that far. Any old soul is worth saving at least to a priest, but not every soul is worth buying. So you can take the offer as a compliment."

-William S. Burroughs

You're not entitled to your opinion.
viscus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 12:26 AM   #28
$haDe

No, wait...

You became a nurse and was assigned to take care of female Jabba the Hutt ?

Well, at least you tried and that make you a real nurse.

I woudn't even try, if it was me.
Old 02-21-2009, 12:58 AM   #29
Godslayer Jillian

^ That's a nice image. It's pretty much how I imagined it.
I mean, being barely over five feet tall and weighing five times as much as me, she must literally be overflowing from the sides.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 03:59 AM   #30
Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alarica
You must have the patience of a saint.
This.

You're good at your job.
Raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 04:19 AM   #31
JCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothicusmaximus
Wait, Tam went to the hospital? Is she okay?
Fuck, I wish I'd thought of that.
JCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 08:52 AM   #32
Albert Mond

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
I mean, being barely over five feet tall and weighing five times as much as me,
You weigh 100 pounds? Are you in a library?
Albert Mond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 02:15 PM   #33
gothicusmaximus

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCC
Fuck, I wish I'd thought of that.
Everyone does, my good man. That's just a small part of the greater occupation that is wishing to be me.
gothicusmaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 07:35 AM   #34
AngelikDemonik

Wellll....after working yesterday with her, I really am surprised I didn't off myself on the way home.

I found out that she has been having her family sneak in fast food, coke, and candy bars in....shame on them for not caring enough about her health to actually do that. The afternoon Nurse tried to explain the danger of doing that to them, and they just got really defensive about it, from what I heard. When doing my checks, I walked in on her chowing down on some tacos and mountain dew. I took them away from her, and yeah...that was probably a bad idea. She SCREAMED...like a monotone scream that lasted for about 2 minutes. When she was done, I gave her and her husband (who had brought the food in) a lecture. I doubt it'll help, but who knows. She told she was going to call the police on me. I told her "Okay, ma'am, you do that."

She refused her meds, refused her blood draws again, hit one of the PCTs that was giving her a bed bath. I'm ready to ask the doctor to kick her out for being extremely non-compliant. This woman clearly does not help. She's just taking up space and time that could be spend on another patient.

http://www.myspace.com/dancemydarling

AIM: ThisIsntSybil
AngelikDemonik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 08:28 AM   #35
Alarica

She obviously doesnt care about her size or the need for medication, and should be sent home to fester in her own juices. Sounds like a complete bitch, who's been pampered judging by the fact her family bring her crap to eat.

I was a vegetarian until I lost my virginity, and a wise man said to me 'do you not feel guilty now, having had all that meat inside you?'
Alarica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 08:33 AM   #36
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelikDemonik
Wellll....after working yesterday with her, I really am surprised I didn't off myself on the way home.

I found out that she has been having her family sneak in fast food, coke, and candy bars in....shame on them for not caring enough about her health to actually do that. The afternoon Nurse tried to explain the danger of doing that to them, and they just got really defensive about it, from what I heard. When doing my checks, I walked in on her chowing down on some tacos and mountain dew. I took them away from her, and yeah...that was probably a bad idea. She SCREAMED...like a monotone scream that lasted for about 2 minutes. When she was done, I gave her and her husband (who had brought the food in) a lecture. I doubt it'll help, but who knows. She told she was going to call the police on me. I told her "Okay, ma'am, you do that."

She refused her meds, refused her blood draws again, hit one of the PCTs that was giving her a bed bath. I'm ready to ask the doctor to kick her out for being extremely non-compliant. This woman clearly does not help. She's just taking up space and time that could be spend on another patient.
What, are her relatives trying to kill her or somthing?

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 08:34 AM   #37
viscus

Quote:
"Okay, ma'am, you do that."
Always the best response when someone threatens to call the authorities. I'm totally serious. It would've been more awesome if you offered to get her a phone and dial 911 for her.

"Now some of you may encounter the devil's bargain if you get that far. Any old soul is worth saving at least to a priest, but not every soul is worth buying. So you can take the offer as a compliment."

-William S. Burroughs

You're not entitled to your opinion.
viscus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 10:35 AM   #38
Opteron_Man

You are a wonderful nurse! But that bitch sounds like a real asshole,
a total waste of space. I say that because of the way she behaved.

You are NOT a bitch, you have every right to gripe about this.
Opteron_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 11:32 AM   #39
jack_the_knife

Tell her she's fine and send her home.
jack_the_knife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 01:28 AM   #40
Mealla

First off, I would like to commend you on your professionalism. Most people don't have that kind of patience in the face of that kind of bullshit. She must want to off herself or her relatives must want to off her. Maybe both. Sneaking in food to her is akin to sneaking booze into an alcoholic in rehab with a failing liver. The way she's acting though, she may deserve to die, and she CERTAINLY deserves any humiliation she receives.
Mealla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 06:14 AM   #41
$haDe

Stop taking care of her.

You don't deserve that, you were trying to help.
Old 02-23-2009, 08:28 AM   #42
Malice In Wonderland

Personally I think you're a fucking awesome person.
I'd probably end up losing my job in that situation.

Is it possible you can file a complaint?

Edit: Out of interest, how old is she?

"One mohawk wasn't enough to keep up with how badass he is so he had to get two." - Haunted House, about me, YEAH, ME!

Terror Nuclear,Terror Nuclear
Malice In Wonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 04:36 PM   #43
AngelikDemonik

She's in her late 40's. I can't file any type of complaint because she has never been physically abusive towards me (even if she was, hospital admin. would probably try to cover it up and make me out to be the big, bad nurse).

I can't refuse to care for her, either. There's a slew of abandonment laws that would kick my ass if I did. There's only certain circumstances in which you can refuse care for a patient--Doing something against your morals, being pregnant around certain contagious diseases, patient was physically abusive towards you, a patient is in reserve isolation and you have a nasty cold.

Her family's excuse for bringing in fast food for her was that she claimed that we weren't feeding her, at all, which was bullshit. As I said, she did have a calorie restrictive diet (1800 calories), and FOR EIGHT HOURS, she was at NPO (nothing by mouth), because she had a procedure. Had her family brought her in some fruit or veggies, I wouldn't care. But tacos and m.dew....yeah, not so much.

I really hope that damn blood clot in her leg is broken up, that way she can go home. She clearly does not want any of our care and is going to do what she pleases, anyway.

It really makes me sad. I WANT to help her, I really do, but you can't help anyone that doesn't want help.

http://www.myspace.com/dancemydarling

AIM: ThisIsntSybil
AngelikDemonik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 04:48 PM   #44
$haDe

Quote:
It really makes me sad. I WANT to help her, I really do, but you can't help anyone that doesn't want help.

Exactly!!

You can keep on doing it impersonally. Like a robot.

If she refuse to take her medicine and eat her candies, let she have it.

Tell them, she ask for it and her her family are willing to support her. You can't do anything about it.
Old 02-23-2009, 05:20 PM   #45
Geoluhread

WOW... They gave her food while she was waiting for procedure?
what a bunch of morons!
"I've an idea. Why don't we play a little game. Let's pretend that we're human beings, and that we're actually alive. Just for a while. What do you say? Let's pretend we're human. Oh, brother, it's such a long time since I was with anyone who got enthusiastic about anything."
Jack Osborne

add me on
Geoluhread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 05:30 PM   #46
Godslayer Jillian

Can't you ask her if she wants to be in the hospital, and then if she says no tell her that you're obligated to keep her there by your superiors but you can't stop her if she wants to leave?
Maybe she'll want to leave, and the hospitable won't be liable, and she might even die (yay) and the average human weight will be reduced.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 05:43 PM   #47
Albert Mond

Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure the Hospital would be liable.
Albert Mond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 06:34 PM   #48
Mealla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Mond
Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure the Hospital would be liable.
They would be unless she specifically refused care for a "legitimate reason". Happens all the time with those religious wackos that refuse blood transfusions and such on the basis of their religious beliefs. But that's the thing, she sounds like one of those women who would sue McDonald's because she spilled their coffee on herself.
Mealla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 06:34 PM   #49
Corpsey

Sounds like someone's got a serious case of FBPS (Fat-bitch personality syndrome).

Maybe spell out to her in words of one syllable that where she is staying is not a resort and perhaps start dropping interesting morbid facts in front of her.

For example: "Did you know that you can use fat to make nitro glycerine? It was a common practice to turn horse fat into explosives in WWI after a horse mounted division had been massacred to help during times of attrition".

Or:

"You only need 8 pounds of fat to make one batch of soap? Gee, we could make thousands if we converted you into soap! That might cover the costs of your health care while you have stayed here."

http://www.gettingit.com/article/317

You might get away with using the first example and get a bit of enjoyment from musing over her reaction.

"I've never regretted anything..." - Light Yagami

Life is a shit sandwich. Unfortunately, it's always lunchtime. How much bread you have goes a long way toward determining how easy it is to swallow.
Corpsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 01:14 AM   #50
jack_the_knife

Quote:
...patient was physically abusive towards you...
Technically she is, considering she put your back out.
jack_the_knife is offline   Reply With Quote