Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 12-22-2007, 08:21 AM   #26
fiends

._. Do you sleep in pentacle?

I'd probably injure myself with a spiked chocker... try to scratch my neck and STAB.
fiends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 08:25 AM   #27
fiends

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelikDemonik
I have a TON of necklaces. Most of the expensive ones were gifts from me, I usually won't spend more than $10 on a necklace.

It depends on what type of piercing you get and what your pain tolerance is. Earlobe piercings don't really hurt, it's more of a "pinch" then a warm sensation afterwards (I have four, so it can't be that bad). If you're getting a cartilage piercing...those do tend to hurt more. My industrial made me cry. I didn't feel a thing with my tongue. As for my nose, the first time I got it pierced, it hurt a little bit, but nothing too bad. It fell out one night before it was healed, and closed up right away. A few weeks later, I had it re-pierced in the same spot it was in before (over the scar), and it hurt very, very bad. Piercing into scar tissue will always be more painful.

Go to an actual piercing shop to if you decided to get your ears pierced. I would never trust those mall shops with the piercing guns.
*eyetwitch* I think I could only handle the ear. I don't so much mind the pain, it's just the thought of a hole being punched into my body. >.<

What's wrong with the mall people? They sloppy? ._.
Old 12-22-2007, 09:08 AM   #28
korinna5555

Piercing guns force a fairly blunt stud through the ear. It has the potential to cause a lot more damage than a professional using a needle. The people at the mall have little or no training, and some of the piercing guns are used over and over without proper sterilization (HIV, anyone?).. Piercings done by professionals heal much faster, and don't have as much of a risk for infection.

As for the pain, I never had much at all. I did all seven of my ear piercings myself (three in each lobe, one in left cartilage). None of them got infected, and they healed in about two weeks.
When I originally had my first lobe piercings done at age 5, they did such a horrible job that I screamed, they got infected, and had to be removed.

I cannot wait to become a professional piercer..
Old 12-22-2007, 02:32 PM   #29
Minyaliel

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiends
._. Do you sleep in pentacle?

I'd probably injure myself with a spiked chocker... try to scratch my neck and STAB.
Uh... dude... was the question whether my bed is pentacle shaped or if I always wear my necklace, even at night? If no. 1) err, no, not really, if 2) yes.

Oh, and you get used to the spikes, really. It's a good idea to start off with the smaller, blunt ones, though.
I will always love you

- The Cure, "Love Song"
Minyaliel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 06:06 PM   #30
honeythorn

I have to wear jewellery. I feel naked without it. Really not right at all.

Things I wear 24/7 are:

1 silver hoop in second hole of right ear
1 silver nose ring
1 Pentacle ring on right thumb
1 silver and white Labradorite ring( often sold as moonstone/rainbow moonstone by most jewellers when it isn't ) on left middle finger.

Other than that I have a load of crystal/gemstone pendants, mostly white Labradorite, Smoky Quartz and a BIG Seraphinite piece. I have a nice Tigers eye necklace made from round beads..loads of gemstone chip bracelets....gemstone rings and unusually designed rings..a nice silver sheath ring.....

Rings and pendants are my absolute downfall. Gemstone/mineral/crystals in particular. The more unusual the design the better
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 06:49 PM   #31
Steppenwolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by korinna5555
I only wear silver, too..
Gold is UGLY.
I agree with my whole heart .

I wear only a silver ring with a black .... errr ... some-not-precious-stone .
To me is enough ...
Old 12-22-2007, 07:36 PM   #32
fiends

The stone isn't onyx?
That's a pretty nice one, methinks.

As far as piercings go... I'm avoiding the mall forever.

Also... a pentagram bed would kick ass. xD
Old 12-22-2007, 07:54 PM   #33
dark_dragon_of_ice

I like gold in certain situations..
I also thought this thread was about something else entirely...
dark_dragon_of_ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 07:57 PM   #34
fiends

Ain't puns a hoot? xD
Old 12-22-2007, 09:01 PM   #35
ForgetThisLostLenore

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiends
The stone isn't onyx?
That's a pretty nice one, methinks.

As far as piercings go... I'm avoiding the mall forever.

Also... a pentagram bed would kick ass. xD
I got my 3 ear piercings done in the mall, and it wasn't too bad... Though my friend got his ear pierced at Spencer's I believe, and he says it didn't completely pierce his ear. The woman piercing it then proceeded to use her nail to rub the back of it through his ear.
ForgetThisLostLenore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 09:05 PM   #36
fiends

Well... ow.
Ear scrape-offs?
Sheesus.
Spensers is like... hot topic for perverts... and apparently bad piercers live there, too.
Old 12-23-2007, 05:08 PM   #37
(heartofflames)

Pretty much no jewelery besides some little scrunchy things that double as bracelets, or perhaps a real bracelet. I just had this really retarted idea of stringing some razor blades on a silver chain and wearing them for sentimental reasons...but it works because they form a little cross sign on my neck that looks strangely attractive.

Charlotte: You're probably just having a mid-life crisis. Did you buy a Porsche yet?
(heartofflames) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 05:53 PM   #38
Delkaetre

Silver bat from Italy on a length of waxed black cotton cord around my neck at almost all times (except the shower, or when something else is around my neck).
Very occasionally it is replaced or supplemented by a lush Victorian style red velvet choker with lots of intricacies, or a cheap black pvc studded collar. I used to have my beloved silver ankh, a small and simple one without even engravings (none of this ornamental Alchemy Gothic rubbish). It was worn on a black lace ribbon. But it was stolen when my laptop was. I miss it.
On my left wrist, always, my big old watch.
On my right wrist, almost always, my set of skull bracelets.
Sometimes an earring, sometimes a pair. Usually my silver with jet art-deco styled pair or my pewter celtic crosses.

At all times, if I say silver I do mean the pure 925 silver- not 'silver coloured metal' or 'silver plate'.
The noblest sentiment I have encountered and the most passionate political statement to stir my heart both belong to a fictional character. Why do we have no politicians as pure in their intent and determinedly joyous in their outlook as Arkady Bogdanov of Red Mars?
Delkaetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 06:50 PM   #39
fiends

Quote:
Originally Posted by (heartofflames)
Pretty much no jewelery besides some little scrunchy things that double as bracelets, or perhaps a real bracelet. I just had this really retarted idea of stringing some razor blades on a silver chain and wearing them for sentimental reasons...but it works because they form a little cross sign on my neck that looks strangely attractive.
That sounds pretty slick... my emo kids would love it.

@Del: Sounds pretty ornate. ._.
Which is cool.
Old 12-24-2007, 03:00 AM   #40
Delkaetre

Tends to be rather subdued, actually. The Victorian style choker is the only thing likely to attract attention, as everything else is in shades of black and silver- my jewellery works to complement my outfits rather than stand out on its own, and by necessity must be muted and simple because I feel uncomfortable without something on neck and wrists, and could not bear to wear intricate or ornate things at all times.
The bat is just this little flat stylised silhouette, with a tiny gold dot on its tail. It is at best two inches at its widest point, less than an inch tall, and has no engraving, inlay or other ornamentation.
The noblest sentiment I have encountered and the most passionate political statement to stir my heart both belong to a fictional character. Why do we have no politicians as pure in their intent and determinedly joyous in their outlook as Arkady Bogdanov of Red Mars?
Delkaetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 11:38 AM   #41
crimsonjoy

I used to be much more into jewelry in the past, but now I just wear the same accessories everyday: big silver rings on both hands, little silver celtic/swirly earrings, and alternating leather wristbands. I have two pendants that have special meaning to me. The first one is a drop that is onyx on one side, and mother of pearl on the other side; it represents both darkness and light, and reminds me to embrace both equally. The other one was a gift from a friend: a silver and black opal butterfly that represents life, death, and rebirth.
crimsonjoy is offline   Reply With Quote