Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 09-17-2011, 04:26 PM   #1
wolf moon

Gone so long I'm new again

It's been a few years. Long enough that I've forgotten my user name, anyway. Do over?

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job)

I work in a super secret place I'm not supposed to talk about on the internet. Computers are involved. I'm also a university student. When I'm not running around counting hard drives and arguing about the Supreme Court, I'm an old lady. I knit, I drink tea, and I really, really love my cat.

2. Where are you from?

Originally? San Diego. Currently in Atlanta.

3. Who is your favorite author?

This is such a wretched question. Neil Gaiman. Margaret Atwood. Wilkie Collins. Poe. Sarah Waters. Poppy Z Brite (the old stuff). I've recently become fond of David Wellington's work. Also, books deserving special mentions: Alice in Wonderland, Drood, Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell, Anya's Ghost

4. What are your favorite films?

The Nightmare Before Christmas (I'm such a fucking cliché). The Crow. The Howling. The Breakfast Club. Ginger Snaps. Coraline. Sleeping Beauty (whatevershutup).

5. What music do you want played at your wedding?

I've already had one. Emilie Autumn's Laced album was prominently featured.

6. At your funeral?

Bauhaus. Maybe Bela Lugosi's Dead. Although Bela Lugosi is the name of my cat, so it's very possible that would be confusing.

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die?

If I had to die now? Something involving blood and water. If I can postpone? Old and asleep.

8. What kind of casket would you want?

The ocean.

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit?

I have favorite lingerie, and even favorite hats. But I don't really have a favorite outfit. Clearly, I'm a terrible girl.

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid?

My Skip-It. It was pink. Technically, there were three of them, because I kept wearing out the counter and simply HAD to know how many times I'd jumped on any given day.

11. What's your favorite band?

Sisters of Mercy. The Creepshow. Bauhaus. Type O Negative. Emilie Autumn (she's not a band). James D. Stark (neither is he). Collide. The Cure. The Horrorpops. Creature Feature. Black Label Society, if I'm pissed off. Mad Marge & the Stonecutters. Metallica (before they sucked). Christian Death.

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major?

Political Science. Then Library Science, I hope.

13. Why did you join?

I've worked with a bunch of hipsters for 4 and a half years. Suddenly, they comprise a pretty good portion of my friends and I can't get anyone to watch a scary movie with me. They all love High School Musical "ironically" and I just. Can't. Do. It. I need more morbid company.

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender?

Girl.
wolf moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 07:34 PM   #2
Grausamkeit

.......the can be only one........

...I've been accused of folly by a fool. ~Antigone

Grausamkeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 08:43 PM   #3
Doktor Haus

God, Coraline was such a great movie. Welcome back.
Doktor Haus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 12:01 PM   #4
Spooky Spencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf moon View Post
Sleeping Beauty (whatevershutup).
Hey, Maleficent kicked all kinds of ass. Stupid prince.

Welcome back from wherever you went!

Zombie Protest:
"What do we want?" "Braaaaaaaaaaains...!"
"When do we want it?" "Braaaaaaaaaaains...!"
Spooky Spencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 01:28 PM   #5
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grausamkeit View Post
.......the can be only one........
I wondered the same thing because of the user name until I read the intro details and it became immediately clear that this member was of not of the same caliber as our original Wolfie.

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 02:39 PM   #6
Grausamkeit

Wolfie loses the ability to spellcheck late at night....sorry about that.

Old 09-19-2011, 01:18 AM   #7
Corpsey

Is it bad that I read it as "There can be only one" anyway, despite the spelling error?

"I've never regretted anything..." - Light Yagami

Life is a shit sandwich. Unfortunately, it's always lunchtime. How much bread you have goes a long way toward determining how easy it is to swallow.
Corpsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 06:11 AM   #8
Grausamkeit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corpsey View Post
Is it bad that I read it as "There can be only one" anyway, despite the spelling error?
Being psychic is awesome, dude!

Old 09-19-2011, 11:15 AM   #9
wolf moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanePain View Post
I wondered the same thing because of the user name until I read the intro details and it became immediately clear that this member was of not of the same caliber as our original Wolfie.
How kind of you. I apologize if I accidentally chose a name similar to that of someone else. I couldn't remember my previous name, and "Wolf Moon" happened to be the song I was listening to at the time. But really, it's very sweet of you to insult me for my (unintentional) choice.
Old 09-19-2011, 11:18 AM   #10
wolf moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doktor Haus View Post
God, Coraline was such a great movie. Welcome back.
I watch Coraline almost every time it rains. It's possible I have a slight Neil Gaiman obsession.
Old 09-19-2011, 11:21 AM   #11
Saya

Its kinda rude not to explain. Grausamkeit's original username was Wolf_Moon, so some of us call her Wolfie still. We can call you Moonie?

Anyway, welcome. Sleeping Beauty's alright, my kitty's name is Maleficent, and I love Disney in general. I too like knitting and tea, and really love my cat. If you knit often you should post in the DIY Thread in fashion, I think I'm the only active knitter, its lonely! Margaret Atwood and Neil Gaiman are also my favourite modern writers, good taste all around.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 11:28 AM   #12
wolf moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
Its kinda rude not to explain. Grausamkeit's original username was Wolf_Moon, so some of us call her Wolfie still. We can call you Moonie?

Anyway, welcome. Sleeping Beauty's alright, my kitty's name is Maleficent, and I love Disney in general. I too like knitting and tea, and really love my cat. If you knit often you should post in the DIY Thread in fashion, I think I'm the only active knitter, its lonely! Margaret Atwood and Neil Gaiman are also my favourite modern writers, good taste all around.
Thank you. I really wasn't trying to step on any toes... I had simply tried all of my usual names, so I gave up and typed what I was hearing. Wasn't expecting such a malicious response.

Maleficent is an excellent name for a kitty. Particularly if the kitty in question has green eyes. I shall have to start photographing the things I knit before I give them away... I'm terrible about that. I always remember to photograph the needlepoint, never the knitting.
Old 09-19-2011, 11:36 AM   #13
Saya

Humane is usually a very sweet guy, I don't think he's being malicious, just rude.

I have the same problems. I knitted quite a few things this year but only managed to remember to post one or two things. And she has gorgeous green eyes!

I acknowledge I'm a bit of a cat lady.
Old 09-19-2011, 11:58 AM   #14
wolf moon

Quote:
I acknowledge I'm a bit of a cat lady.
That's all right, I'll be a cat lady, too!

Apparently she really hates blackberry honey.

While I was hunting that photo down, I found one of a knitting project! From my yarnbombing phase, I made this to cheer up a friend after a bad day and left it on his car while he was at work:

Old 09-19-2011, 12:01 PM   #15
Saya

Eeee! I love black cats.

I should try yarn bombing. Some of it seems badly done but things like that are just awesome.
Old 09-19-2011, 12:13 PM   #16
wolf moon

Quote:
Eeee! I love black cats.

I should try yarn bombing. Some of it seems badly done but things like that are just awesome.
Me too! I decided when I was 12 that I wanted a black cat with green eyes named Béla Lugosi. Which makes her sort of amazing, because I found her when she was 4 weeks old, in a parking deck in the middle of winter... I'd have taken her home anyway, but was really excited that she was black (her eyes were blue at the time... she was tiny). Took me over a decade to find my kitty, but she's precisely the one I wanted.

Yarnbombing is rather fun. I like to leave tiny felted mushrooms and stones, or acorns (which is needle felting, really) laying around for people to find. My friend now keeps the antenna cozy in his glove compartment, and puts on his car when it's cold outside.
Old 09-19-2011, 01:08 PM   #17
Grausamkeit

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf moon View Post
Thank you. I really wasn't trying to step on any toes... I had simply tried all of my usual names, so I gave up and typed what I was hearing. Wasn't expecting such a malicious response.
Yeah, I kinda had one of those Dey took ur jebz! moments. Sorry. I'm over it, Moonie. I hope you will post some of your knitting in the DIY thread. I don't knit(do love TON, though!), but I like seeing what others can do.

Old 09-19-2011, 01:34 PM   #18
wolf moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grausamkeit View Post
Yeah, I kinda had one of those Dey took ur jebz! moments. Sorry. I'm over it, Moonie. I hope you will post some of your knitting in the DIY thread. I don't knit(do love TON, though!), but I like seeing what others can do.

I enjoy any and all South Park references. That episode makes me giggle.
Old 09-21-2011, 10:48 AM   #19
Beowulf

Hello and welcome, I hope you enjoy your time here !!!.
live the gods of yesterday.

Be excellent to one another !!!.
Beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 04:24 PM   #20
Spooky Spencer

I'd love to have a black cat. Or even a dog.

I'd love them even more if they didn't chew on whatever appendage is closest to them, too.

Zombie Protest:
"What do we want?" "Braaaaaaaaaaains...!"
"When do we want it?" "Braaaaaaaaaaains...!"
Spooky Spencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 04:28 PM   #21
wolf moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooky Spencer View Post
I'd love to have a black cat. Or even a dog.

I'd love them even more if they didn't chew on whatever appendage is closest to them, too.
I am currently going through an "I want a puppy!" phase. I don't want a black puppy though - I want an Alsatian. They're gigantic dogs bred to resemble the dire wolf. My husband does not find this phase adorable. He keeps pointing out that the puppy in question might eat my kitty...
Old 09-21-2011, 05:00 PM   #22
Saya

I find big dogs often think they're babies. I guess when they're puppies they're used to being picked up and cuddled, and they don't grow out of it XD but big dogs I find are more gentle than little dogs. One of Mom's pugs broke my computer cord by tripping up in it, and they jump up as soon as you sit down. They're very muscular dogs, it hurts!

My sister is going through the "I want a puppy" stage and sadly Mom recently bred her pugs, so guess I have that to look forward to soon.
Old 09-21-2011, 05:14 PM   #23
wolf moon

Quote:
I find big dogs often think they're babies.
THAT'S WHAT I SAY! Alsatians are incredibly mellow and friendly... and my cat has her claws. If anything, I think she'd beat up the puppy. Also, we have rats and leeches, and kitty hasn't eaten them (or even tried), so I feel like we've established that traditional enemies can get along. Really, I think he just doesn't want to train a puppy. He's trying to use my fondness for Béla against me.
Old 09-21-2011, 05:24 PM   #24
Saya

Thats why you pounce on the first adult dog you like goes up for adoption XD
Old 09-21-2011, 06:48 PM   #25
Grausamkeit

Alsation is just another name for 'German Shepard'. I'm not a huge fan of GSDs, sometimes they're territorial dickwads. Not nearly as schizo as spaniels, though.