Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Fashion
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fashion DIY tips and gratuitous plugs. And hair. Hair! Flow it, show it. Wait...no. That's some hippie musical. Nevermind.

Old 02-24-2006, 11:49 AM   #351
Black_Poison_Ivy

Wink

I have 7 piercings....5 in my ears 1 under my lip and 1 in my pussy!
Black_Poison_Ivy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 11:59 AM   #352
Metatron

Go introduce yourself in the Introduction board. It would also do you some good to read "For The Newbies", conveniently located on every board in this forum.
Old 03-03-2006, 12:17 PM   #353
maggot

I can only DREAM of getting an industrial piercing, a septum piercing and a bridge piercing until I'm 18.. But when I'm 16 I can get an eyebrow piercing.. Damn my mother (whom I need consent from) being opposed to body modification and peircing anywhere other than the ear lobe!
Old 03-03-2006, 03:53 PM   #354
peeves

Yeah same with my parents, just keep remebering that some day you shall be 18 and then she can do nothing to stop your peircing and tatooing.
peeves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 04:03 PM   #355
Empty_Purple_Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Poison_Ivy

I have 7 piercings.

1 in my pussy!

Wow.

You have a Piercing Inside Your Vagina?

How Quaint.
Empty_Purple_Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 04:28 PM   #356
She_Is_My_Sin

I know that all about the Raven SilverWolf piercing has been said, but I really got to say something about that. In my opinion doing it with a saftey pin on the genitals is really wrong. I could understand if you done it on your ear with a safety pin, but no not downstairs. Urgh.

& now to talk about tattoo's, as mentioned in the art thread I'm thinkng about getting a William Blake thing done when I can.

Maybe with those two characters entwined & in black & white.
She_Is_My_Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 06:06 PM   #357
maggot

Quote:
Originally Posted by peeves
Yeah same with my parents, just keep remebering that some day you shall be 18 and then she can do nothing to stop your peircing and tatooing.
Yeah.. but 4 years is depressing think about..

I mean, the student councilors say "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?" its a long time, people change, people can wither up and become husks of the people they once were.
Old 03-03-2006, 11:02 PM   #358
maggot

Yeah, I know what you mean. But the peircing I want arent surface piercings, so they shouldn't really be too scarring.
Old 03-03-2006, 11:21 PM   #359
maggot

When you said scar, I thought you meant a large gaping scar like the evil villains always have, not dimple type things.

Are you angry at me? For simple purposes? Thats doesnt seem very much like you! You're usually so pleasant!
Old 03-03-2006, 11:29 PM   #360
maggot

Either way, I don't tend to think of dimples as scars. But I've already thought about this for around 3/4 of a year, if not more.
Old 03-03-2006, 11:42 PM   #361
maggot

Thats why the nape is always nice..
Yeah, I may be in a body modification phase. Who knows? The thing is, I hope to god I'm not.
Old 03-03-2006, 11:54 PM   #362
maggot

Lol... KoRn... I've never liked them, and that's why I'm better than you. I am truly the better person. *Don't scratch my eyes out.*
Old 03-04-2006, 12:17 AM   #363
OCD Insomnia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xnguela
But the years between 14 and 18 will help determine who you are more than the years between 10 and 14. See, when you're 14 you can be in a phase and you won't even know it. So, you'll see. In a few years, if your opinion hasn't changed, go for it! It's probably worth the scar. Do wait, though. I promise you won't regret it.

I'm 19, and I still don't have the tattoo I've wanted for 8 years. I don't want to do anything permanent until I know for sure what I want and what the consequences are.

The important thing to think about with tattoos is how they'll stretch. I want one on my hip, and I'm worried about if I get pregnant.
This applies to me well. When I was 10 I got my first lobe piercings. Now I have 13, and 0 g. lobes. It is amazing how time can change your morals.
OCD Insomnia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 12:19 AM   #364
maggot

G. lobes? What am I missing here?
Old 03-04-2006, 12:52 PM   #365
She_Is_My_Sin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xnguela
It's not a long time, dear. I mean, not in the long run. And if you can wait 5 years, you may have changed and end up not wanting the piercings or tattoos you think you want now.
That's a good point. About a month ago I was so sure I wanted a lip piercing, though now I'm not too certain. However I plan to keep my nose stud. & also had I got the tattoo's I wanted a year ago I would have hated them by now. That's why it's always a good idea to consider things for the long run.
She_Is_My_Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 05:25 PM   #366
maggot

Well at least with peircings, if you find it doesn't looks good soon afterwards, you can take it out and let it heal for the most part.
I need to adopt the ability to look at things in the long run. Chess would help, I'm sure.
Old 03-18-2006, 06:45 PM   #367
Circle V

I've been wondering... do yall consider clip-on piercings a viable alternative or a cop-out? I like the idea of complete flexibility, but, of course, a clip-on is... well, not real. I'm also not sure whether quality clip-ons could be found, other than women's earrings (my mother wears them-- her ear piercings got infected when she was younger.)

In a similar vein, I like henna tattoos because of their flexibility-- I'd eventually grow bored of any permanent tattoo, no matter how awesomely cool it looks. I also could tattoo myself without worry.

Back to the question. What do you think?
Old 03-18-2006, 06:52 PM   #368
tenet_2012

I love my tats. I designed most of them myself. I do not get tired of them.

I also love my piercings.

I don't think it is a cop-out. To each their own. You will the whole poser thing though. But... fuck them.

--Geisha
tenet_2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 06:59 PM   #369
Circle V

Hm. I intend to pierce the fuck out of myself when I'm "of age"-- assuming, of course, that I still feel that it's a good idea. Until then, I suppose I'll just have to wait. Might use some clip-ons, but I'm not going to pretend that they're real. That's just stupid.

I would get bored of my tattoos, but that doesn't mean that everyone else does. Since I was little, I've drawn on myself. It reached a peak last year-- I often ended the school day with a full sleeve of ink drawings on my left arm and hand, not to mention on any exposed skin that I could reach with my right hand. I love drawing on skin, perhaps because it isn't permanent and can change daily-- that's why I like henna.

...Except that I got a henna tattoo in Brazil and it turned into a nest of oozing blisters for weeks. It was the dye used to make it black that did it, apparently.
Old 03-19-2006, 05:29 AM   #370
Justmeuk

I have my ears pierced 4 times (1 cartilage) nose, labret, navel (wanting nipple done) I'm also going to get a tattoo done soon
Justmeuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 12:58 PM   #371
Empty_Purple_Stars

*giggles*

Too funny!!
Empty_Purple_Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 07:40 AM   #372
mydnyght

i can speak of nipple piercings, as both of mine are done. to me, it didn't really hurt...much, after the first four hours, they were just sore. if you live near cincinnati, i could tell you a great place! both of my nipples costed me only $60. of course, you can't let anyone lick, suck or otherwise put their mouth close to your piercings, as they are fresh puncture wounds and would get seriously infected. so, after a month or so, being that the ring pushes out from underneath, makes the nipples quite sensitive
mydnyght is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 07:50 AM   #373
tenet_2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeishaGirl
Body modification is sooooooo trendy. I would never get a tattoo. It's a disgrace on the holy temple that is the body.
What?

Well, what you believe is yours.

Just because it is trendy doesn't mean anything to me. I have designed most of my own so it is more like my art on my canvas.

Plus, my body is going to rot after I die. What a temple that is.

--Geisha
Old 03-21-2006, 08:19 AM   #374
prettylikedrugs

I had my lip pierced once, quit liked it, didn't hurt at all when it went in: but as soon as I left the studio I almost fainted... but I'm a bit of a wuss when it comes to things like that.

No tattoo, but I am planning on getting one at some point. As soon as I can think of what tattoo I want.

Always fancied having my tongue pierced, but been put off ever since my fainting incident.
prettylikedrugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 08:22 AM   #375
tenet_2012

The tongue bleeds... alot. I didn't think that it hurt too much, though. Of course, I did mine myself when I was 17, so take that with a grain of salt.

--Geisha