Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 12-05-2006, 02:34 AM   #151
LostAndCrazy

*Goes over to join VF*
LostAndCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 01:11 PM   #152
Pyre

When in need of finding music in relation to tastes, VF is good about that. They have a spot set up for band profiles, and they have many bands under different genres of interest to those who live the alternative lifestyle.

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you" The Bible (Matthew 7:12)
Pyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 01:29 PM   #153
Feralboy101

Honestly, I pretty much grew up in VF. But the angst started to get to me, and I hardly ever spend time there now, and haven't for the last few months. After a while, I came to realize that the percentage of people on that site honestly worth knowing was minuscule. As for the school mentioned above, all I can seriously say is that it just points to the stupidity of the mainstream.

While on the subject of the mainstream, I just want to put it out there that all those "emos" "metalheads" and "mallgoths" are every bit as mainstream and conformist as your average preppie.
Feralboy101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 05:33 PM   #154
Godslayer Jillian

And even worse than them because preppies don't care about idiotic shit like "being non-conformist" and don't say nonsense like "they don't know what the world is really like".

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 06:25 PM   #155
Pyre

I don't believe in non-comformity. Those who try not to conform end up only conforming to a different group. I have noticed a lot of babybats say "I HATE CONFORMITY LOL!!!11!!one" Yet, they all run around in Hot Topic clothes and listen to a buttload of mainstream music. Good job at not conforming, guys d(-^)

And even those of us out there who aren't like that are still conforming to the lifestyle thought of as "non-conformists," yet they still all are the same.

"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you" The Bible (Matthew 7:12)
Pyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 06:52 PM   #156
Jayden

Feh, I'm not going to defend Vampirefreaks.com, but I will say that if it didn't happen there, it would've on a different member/community site. The guy would've just found some other young girl. He was a psycho, that's irrelevant to the culture. The media loves to exaggerate, people love to scapegoat and point the finger. Honestly, I'm not surprised at all.
Jayden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 07:12 PM   #157
Crying_Crimson_Tears

Might want to go introduce yourself first darling. But yes, that is very true what you said.

Now please introduce yourself to us.

-Zach Galifianakis
Crying_Crimson_Tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 07:16 PM   #158
Jayden

Oh dear, my bad. My experience with forums is that people generally get annoyed with "introduction threads" or just ignore them, and that the best way to start without offending anyone is to just start posting rather than making your own threads unless worthy.

Thanks

*runs off to make introduction*
Old 12-09-2006, 07:17 PM   #159
Crying_Crimson_Tears

No problem, you're quite welcome. I'll be sure to view your introduction when you are done.

-Zach Galifianakis
Crying_Crimson_Tears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 07:48 PM   #160
Cheddar Biscuit

Everybody loves rag on VF. Weeeee!
Cheddar Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2006, 08:02 PM   #161
Jayden

Lol, It's not as bad as it's cut out to be, but it does have it's flaws. My problem is that noone there has an original name, it's always darkvampiregurl or some variation, but hey, if you're just getting into the culture, I have sympathy. I actually spend most of my time there trying to help the troubled kids out (via the "advice" forum), bring them away from the cutting or the drugs and try to show them confidence and art.

I posted my introduction btw. It's a tad lengthy but it's from the heart.
Old 12-16-2006, 03:22 PM   #162
Lilith Valentine

Wink Read this

What the heck's ur problem u stupid witch?! Vampirefreaks is sooo way better than this stupid emo site. The only reason I'm even on it is so I could reply to ur stupid post! Where do u get off say'n that u wish they'd shut down the site? U pathetic little whiny kunt. And by the way, ur pics gotta be one of the ugliest I've ever seen. U must've scared little kids with ur ugly mug! What the heck were u talk'n about, vampirefreaks hav'n people post half naked pics. Ur site is soo way worse than mine. It's disgusting. A bunch of pervs without a life! Not all kids on my site talk about how horrible their parents r either. Most of them don't even talk about their parents. Not that it's any of ur business, but we talk bout school and our plans for the future, u know hobbies (things u do 4 fun). And personally I'd rather c a pic of a 93 year old man's arse than ur face! Plus there's no way in hell that ur in any way shape or form God, I think u say'n that probally made him throw up in his mouth a little bit. Heck I think it made everybody throw up. Ur not even in the least bit goth either, ur a pathetic wanna be poser.U have the kinda face not even a mother could love, u'd make Medussa cringe at the site of u,If I were u I'd switch 2 beastiality and find a rabid dog, even then ur chances of get'n sum are slim 2 none.Well I've already wasted 1 to many minutes of my life even talk'n 2 a peice of lowly trash like u, so If u wana reply I might still be on this site or u could go to a real goth site and find me there as misfitfreak, u stupid arrogant pussy.

P.S.If anyone gets to call themselves a god it's me, and do us all a favor and don't post anymore pics of ur selve."stupid arse"
Lilith Valentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 03:30 PM   #163
Lilith Valentine

The last reply I posted was 4 sumone named Christopher Lee.
Lilith Valentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 03:50 PM   #164
Godslayer Jillian

I have three questions:
1- Who the hell is Christopher Lee?
2- What are you trying to accomplish?
3- And why do you speak with the linguistic capabilities of a ten year old?

Seriously, whoever this Cristopher Lee is can't be offended with such idiotic taunts as "oh yea, well ur face is stoopid"
Learn some English and then you can come back to decry this site.

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Old 12-16-2006, 04:06 PM   #165
Graveyard.Crow

Was this pehophile incident the same thing as the shooting that happened in Toronto or are those completely different? Both had a profile on VF
Graveyard.Crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 04:13 PM   #166
Godslayer Jillian

It is indeed similar. Which is not to say that we're blaming VF as the catalyst to evoke such actions. What we say is that VF is a gathering place for those "alternative" fashion styles, in which many deviants are included.

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Old 12-16-2006, 04:15 PM   #167
Graveyard.Crow

Well my History teacher was reviewing the event and said that many blame the Gothic Subculture for the Toronto shooting (I don't live too far from there).
Old 12-16-2006, 04:19 PM   #168
Godslayer Jillian

They do blame the Gothic subculture, just like Columbine and the Kennedy incident (not the president)
And I say that the blaming is indeed well-based. So many kids claim to be goths to evoke fear (and these kids are interestingly enough the same kids that were bullied in elementary school)
Old Goth doesn't speak enough and these new mallgoths only know what their little circle claims to know, remaining ignorant to what Goth really is.
It's no surprise that all the media knows nothing about Goth.

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Old 12-16-2006, 04:29 PM   #169
Graveyard.Crow

*Sigh* The thing is, the mall goths are usually easy to spot. And yes I know judging by appearances is not a good thing however when you see someone with clown make up and eyeliner that can only be seen in the movie "The Crow", it's hard to take them seriously.

However the old fashioned goth still exists even in the new generations. Those people are a lot harder to find though. I do believe that even the mall goths can change, it's called growing up

Who's Christopher Lee?
Old 12-16-2006, 07:09 PM   #170
Draconysius

The truth is, many of us have told baby bats that their goth is not genuine. However, they simply won't take that. They won't be (old-school) goth if it means actually reading books or learning new things! All they're interested in is their little world. "Don't worry bout' what they say. They can't think anyway. They're gonna live and die the way they want."
Draconysius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 11:48 AM   #171
Graveyard.Crow

Now here I thought that a baby bat was somebody new to the gothic subculture and deemed to become genuine at some point. They may start off having the wrong idea, but they get their act together in the end. A mall goth is something different isn't it?
Old 12-17-2006, 11:58 AM   #172
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
I think the mallgoth stereotype is exploding into "popgoth". It permeates high schools now, not just malls, at least at my niece's high school in O.C., my nephew's in San Diego, and the high school my kids graduated from down the street. Kids all wearing black, swarming the school campus. And black clothing is not just sold at Hot Crock anymore, it is heavily pedaled at Tilly's, Macy's and even J.C. Penny's for crying out loud.

Since this social wave is here in sheer force anyway, it would be awesome if the high schools all offered an elective course in Gothic subculture, so babybats could get it right. Whatever right is. O.o Maybe I should switch to teaching...of course, I don't know much either. But anyway, it needs to be taught.

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 12:32 PM   #173
cradle

To me, spookies have the first symptom of gothdom down...which is basically just a foundation from what the other symptoms build from...and the foundation is this:
"You feel the need to spend a lot of time creating things (music, art, poetry, philosophies, stories and the like)"
most of them have that down good, but then are completely uneducated on the rest of goth.
Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep. If I should die before I wake, I pray the Lord to tell everyone about that time at Ronnie's house when I smashed the beer bottle over my own head.
cradle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 12:33 PM   #174
Graveyard.Crow

I believe every goth started out as a baby bat
You couldn't possibly know everything from the start
Old 12-17-2006, 12:38 PM   #175
cradle

Ok....nevermind, that's a babybat.
Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep. If I should die before I wake, I pray the Lord to tell everyone about that time at Ronnie's house when I smashed the beer bottle over my own head.
cradle is offline   Reply With Quote