Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Politics
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Politics "Under democracy, one party always devotes its chief energies to trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule -and both commonly succeed, and are right." -H.L. Menken

Old 02-08-2007, 10:27 AM   #226
Binkie

He's just dodging it then, probably because this is no longer on the current page:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CptSternn
I was in the us military
Ok, so you volunteered this information... then volunteered to actually back it up, but apparently have avoided actually doing this at all costs.

Looks like another LIE to me. Oh yeah, and here's the bit you said to TSW|Abaddon not too long ago:
Quote:
As I said before, if your so gung-ho for the military go back. I'll be happy to fly over and piss on your grave once they mail the bits of you back in a bag.
Quote:
I laught at the thought some idiot died for bush's oil war - and their wives will be banging some other dude in a couple of months, and their kids will grow up calling some other, non-military guy, daddy.
"[Brian Blair] was a punk. I can break his fucking back - break his back and make him humble and then fuck his ass ... Suplex him, put him in a camel clutch, break his back, and fuck his ass - make him humble. Teach him to respect the Iron Sheik. And I didn't do it, because for the God and Jesus, and Mr. McMahon." -Khosrow Vaziri (The Iron Sheik)
Binkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 10:38 AM   #227
Tha Duckman

You wanna know some thing FUNNY? I'm living with a friend of Sterrn's! WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!
Tha Duckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 12:20 PM   #228
Binkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha Duckman
You wanna know some thing FUNNY?
You've made 235 posts in four days.
"[Brian Blair] was a punk. I can break his fucking back - break his back and make him humble and then fuck his ass ... Suplex him, put him in a camel clutch, break his back, and fuck his ass - make him humble. Teach him to respect the Iron Sheik. And I didn't do it, because for the God and Jesus, and Mr. McMahon." -Khosrow Vaziri (The Iron Sheik)
Old 02-08-2007, 01:08 PM   #229
Shyantra

He is on here alot during the day.
Old 02-08-2007, 01:50 PM   #230
edible_eye

Quote:
EE - also good to see you.
Thanx, man. I sorta miss debating with you.

Good to see you, as well.
Old 02-08-2007, 07:07 PM   #231
ArtificialOne

Oh your god!!!

I see Nazi Pelosi is trying to play the it's "sexism" card when it comes to her wanting more power. "I want a big jet and they won't give it to me because I'm a woman and I bad mouthed the pentagon." Well, If you just bad mouthed me I wouldn't give you anything either.

I think she opened a can of worms. All these polli's need to stop taking 100,000 dollar flights when you can teleconference. And I can drive accross country for less than a thousand bucks (in a huge gas guzzeling 60's car)...

No shit Pelosi. Not in the post long and already trying to use low blows to get what she wants. Whatever god there is protect us....

And raggedy, I'd sell just about anything to be fourteen again.. Your excused because I envy you...lol

“More persons, on the whole, are humbugged by believing in nothing, than by believing too much”
P.T. Barnum

Vist me:
http://www.myspace.com/lifeasartificial
ArtificialOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 09:21 PM   #232
raggedyanne

I'vemet most of those American political figures. They're okay if you don't talkabout politics or broccoli
At some point, you need to look yourself in the mirror and realize that what other people did to you does not define you as a person. You and your actions define who you are as a person. It's up to you to be a good person, in spite of all the evil you've faced. In fact, it should be because of the evil you see that it's good you do. Be the change you want in the world. Next time someone tells me that they're an asshole because they've had a bad life, I'm stabbing them in the eye with a spork.
raggedyanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 01:58 AM   #233
CptSternn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binkie
(footnote: You'll never know what my current opinion is either because I don't discuss politics with you anymore for reasons that should be well known by now. Have a grand time arguing with a ghost)
https://www.gothic.net/boards/showth...948#post198948

Since you don't post here for any reason other than personal attacks, responding to you is merely feeding the trolls - since you are now officially calling yourself a troll. Henceforth why I continue to laugh at you, I mean, a dozen new posts, all quite long, and all off topic personal flame attacks on meself. You must really be in denial.

On a good note, you are the prime example of an america as depicted by this thread - petty, vindictive, vengeful, and with little to say about anything worth while that the world cares about. Did I mention over weight and under educated?

But I digress.

Back to the topic, americans. Actually binkie, you might be able to shed some light on this topic since your are a prime example of the following issue...

Medicine & Health: Magic pills for sale

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/opinio...euticaled.html

Do you have Restless Leg Syndrome?

How about insomnia?

Irritable Bowel Syndrome?

Depression?

Come on. You've got to have something wrong with you. Most of us come away from watching drug ads -- about 16 hours a year -- thinking just that. We then go running to our doctors asking for the magic pill, nasal spray or shot.

It's been a decade since the Food and Drug Administration relaxed its regulations on direct-to-consumer advertising by drug companies, and a new study of those ads from 2004 published in the current issue of the Annals of Family Medicine yields some interesting and unsettling results.

Although most ads made some factual claims, the study indicates that 95 percent of them made emotional appeals, showing "characters that have lost control over their social, emotional or physical lives without the medication."

Roughly a quarter of the ads said something about risk factors or prevalence of the condition the drug was meant to treat, and none of the ads mentioned lifestyle changes or alternative products...

These days american television is plastered with pills offering all sorts of a better life for americans. Other than the states, only New Zealand allows such advertising. The rest of the world only allows doctors to prescribe such meds and only after an exam where the patient comes in with symptoms. Studies like the one linked from the article show a huge correlation in sales and those who choose to self diagnose, a practice thats not only allow in america but encouraged.

Keeping america drugged up at maximum cost to the end user seems to be a trend that is exploding over there.

In fact, even with the new studies showing drugs like paxil and zoloft cause various mental conditions and can cause suicide, the masses still choose to take them rather than face reality sober.

Anyone else see this as an issue? I mean, how can society be functional, responsible, and accountable when a large portion of it is constantly under the effects of mind changing and body altering chemicals?
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 11:31 AM   #234
Binkie

Hmmm...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pathological_liar

"A pathological liar is someone who often embellishes his or her stories in a way that he or she believes will impress people. It may be that a pathological liar is different from a normal liar in that a pathological liar believes the lie he or she is telling to be true—at least in public—and is "playing" the role. He or she sometimes is seen to have a serious mental problem that needs to be rectified.

It is not clear, however, that this is the case. It could also be that pathological liars know precisely what they are doing. Making up stories and at the same time believing them is known as confabulation. The term "pathological liar" is not an official clinical diagnosis however psychiatrists may agree that pathological lying is often the result of a mental disorder or low self-esteem.

Even though pathological lying is not recognized as a clinical disorder, legal court cases often require that you prove that the defendant is aware that he or she is lying. This proof is most important in cases of slander and/or liability. Pathological liars often actually convince themselves that they are telling the truth, which in turn can alter polygraph tests and other questioning.

When caught in a lie, pathological liars tend to become hostile or try disregard the fact they lied; often playing it off as a joke.
"

Good luck with all that baggage, Sternn.
Old 02-09-2007, 05:35 PM   #235
Vyvian Blackthorne

Yeah, Americans...well, I'm not a personal fan of their majority(unless your talking about L.A. or New York) because of their politics which are to right wing, left wing, etc. it's based almost on political parties and a lot of the laws are from opinions and personal beliefs.
Vyvian Blackthorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 12:26 AM   #236
raggedyanne

I love this thread. Let us sit back and warm our hands at the flames spewing from these talented thinkers' keyboards. And may we ask ourselves. Is a country really as flawed as we think, or do we simply believe it to be flawed. For every opinion there will be evidence both to prove it correct, or falsify it. Now take a breath and continue verbally ripping out eachother's souls.
At some point, you need to look yourself in the mirror and realize that what other people did to you does not define you as a person. You and your actions define who you are as a person. It's up to you to be a good person, in spite of all the evil you've faced. In fact, it should be because of the evil you see that it's good you do. Be the change you want in the world. Next time someone tells me that they're an asshole because they've had a bad life, I'm stabbing them in the eye with a spork.
raggedyanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 02:13 AM   #237
Drake Dun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vyvian Blackthorne
...a lot of the laws are from opinions and personal beliefs.
All laws are from opinions and personal beliefs, everywhere and necessarily.

Drake
Drake Dun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 07:36 AM   #238
Vyvian Blackthorne

Well, I think that certain laws go against things that other people believe. For example, the no gay marriage rule, that's obviously because it's "bibical" (no offense to religious people) though I think that it's unfair to consider something that is foremost love and yet have it limited and outlaw in most societies in America (I know some states have legalized it, but the majority shun it).
Old 02-10-2007, 08:20 AM   #239
Frankenscott

Quote:
... they make stuff up. I was in the us military - they didn't call me crazy...
So... In the time you were in the US you were in the military, played semi-pro rugby, sat on the board of directors with a Fortune 500 company, and was a Senior Administrator until George Bush send your job overseas.You claim to be an MCSE, but don't list the MCPs associated with the specific track your MCSE defines, claim to have taught "MCSE" classes (there is no such thing considering an MCSE is a suite of MCPs) the only cert you list is the CompTIA A+ (which could be passed by a monkey with a wiffleball bat) ..Oh, and you collected Porsches and raced one of them (the link goes to Wiki, not a picture of you with your "1 of 2000" 944) until you moved to Ireland to be a DJ and a non-threatening bouncer ...and to argue with teenagers in forums
Frankenscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 08:32 AM   #240
DarkHeartedDemoness

Quote:
Well, I think that certain laws go against things that other people believe. For example, the no gay marriage rule, that's obviously because it's "bibical" (no offense to religious people) though I think that it's unfair to consider something that is foremost love and yet have it limited and outlaw in most societies in America (I know some states have legalized it, but the majority shun it).
Of course laws go against what other people believe. If they were things that everyone just knew and accepted as right, they wouldn't have to be laws.

edit: I am a strong proponent of gay marriage, by the way. I just think your argument is flawed.
If ruff it was of dame
Or shroud of gnome,
Himself, himself inform.
Of immortality
His strategy
Was physiognomy.

--Emily Dickinson
DarkHeartedDemoness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 08:47 AM   #241
Vyvian Blackthorne

Hmmmm......Did it occur that maybe I was documenting rather than realizing? It's common sense that laws go against what other people believe. The small section of the bible states that it's an abomination for a man to love a man or a woman to love a woman has made homosexuality a taboo, which is ridiculous. With gay marriage outlawed it most counties, it's like the civil rights movement but people think it's okay to shun gays. If my argument has flawed, that it is soley my mistake. BTW: Do I hypocrite a lot? We are all hypocrites, so yes.
Old 02-10-2007, 08:50 AM   #242
DarkHeartedDemoness

Quote:
Hmmmm......Did it occur that maybe I was documenting rather than realizing? It's common sense that laws go against what other people believe. The small section of the bible states that it's an abomination for a man to love a man or a woman to love a woman has made homosexuality a taboo, which is ridiculous. With gay marriage outlawed it most counties, it's like the civil rights movement but people think it's okay to shun gays. If my argument has flawed, that it is soley my mistake. BTW: Do I hypocrite a lot? We are all hypocrites, so yes.
Don't be rude. "Did it occur to you" is rude. I'm interested in peoples' opinions, and I like pushing them (in a nice way) to get to their reasoning. That doesn't mean I'm thick.

Also, "hypocrite" is not a verb.
If ruff it was of dame
Or shroud of gnome,
Himself, himself inform.
Of immortality
His strategy
Was physiognomy.

--Emily Dickinson
Old 02-10-2007, 09:52 AM   #243
Drake Dun

There's always my answer... get government out of the marriage game.

I don't think government should recognize marriages between gays. Or between heterosexuals. The problem is not that government is making the wrong choice on this matter - it's that it's making any choice in the first place.

Let marriage be something that happens between two people, and not between people and their rulers.

Drake
Drake Dun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 11:38 AM   #244
Vyvian Blackthorne

Did it occur to you is rude? I'm sorry then. I don't feel you pressuring me.
Old 02-10-2007, 11:40 AM   #245
DarkHeartedDemoness

Quote:
Did it occur to you is rude? I'm sorry then. I don't feel you pressuring me.
Where are you from? I don't mean that in an accusatory way, it's just that some of your speech patterns indicate that English may not be your first language.
If ruff it was of dame
Or shroud of gnome,
Himself, himself inform.
Of immortality
His strategy
Was physiognomy.

--Emily Dickinson
Old 02-10-2007, 11:44 AM   #246
Vyvian Blackthorne

Heh. Yeah, I'm French.
Old 02-10-2007, 11:57 AM   #247
DarkHeartedDemoness

Well, you're fairly fluent. I only picked up on it because I'm a language freak.
If ruff it was of dame
Or shroud of gnome,
Himself, himself inform.
Of immortality
His strategy
Was physiognomy.

--Emily Dickinson
Old 02-10-2007, 12:14 PM   #248
Godslayer Jillian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake Dun
There's always my answer... get government out of the marriage game.
I have a problem with this.
If the government removes itself from anything that has to do with marriage, then what would gay people be fighting for?
One can make a symbolic ceremony of marriage between people of the same sex.
The only problem is that that marriage is not legally accepted as real.
What would be the difference between those ceremonies that are legally accepted and that those ceremonies wouldn't be legally recognized as the government will have nothing to do with marriage?

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 12:44 PM   #249
DarkHeartedDemoness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
I have a problem with this.
If the government removes itself from anything that has to do with marriage, then what would gay people be fighting for?
One can make a symbolic ceremony of marriage between people of the same sex.
The only problem is that that marriage is not legally accepted as real.
What would be the difference between those ceremonies that are legally accepted and that those ceremonies wouldn't be legally recognized as the government will have nothing to do with marriage?
That's the point, though, isn't it?

Gay people are fighting for equal rights. It's about equality. If NO ONE has a legally recognized love-union, then we're all equal. Then it's up to the individual couple to choose a ceremony for themselves based on their beliefs.

Thus, ALL marriage would be symbolic. Gay and straight.
If ruff it was of dame
Or shroud of gnome,
Himself, himself inform.
Of immortality
His strategy
Was physiognomy.

--Emily Dickinson
Old 02-10-2007, 02:25 PM   #250
ArtificialOne

Marriage sucks, although I want to be married again.

Why does it suck?

Not the marriage part but the divorce part.

If you're a guy nine out of ten times your screwed. Woman gets more than half (if not all) whether she deserve it or not. The system is very imbalanced and very unfair towards men.

How do I know?

Been there done that and so have several friends and lots and lots of coworkers that have gone through it too. My x was a complete nutcase, and with evidence to prove it, but was I still the badguy..yep

Am I bitter, yep. Could I have fought better...yep.. But couldn't afford to since the vampire sucked the money out of me and I couldn't afford a better attorney.

And just because you're a guy, your the bad one. And they let you know it.

Interested to see how it would pan out in divorce court for gays...

I say let them have it so they know what it's like to truley suffer..... Mwhauahahahahaha

“More persons, on the whole, are humbugged by believing in nothing, than by believing too much”
P.T. Barnum

Vist me:
http://www.myspace.com/lifeasartificial
ArtificialOne is offline   Reply With Quote