Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 10-10-2010, 11:29 PM   #1
zes

zes' intro

Hi guys, another newbie here. Hope to get to know you guys better
So.. here's my intro.

1. What do you do? (Hobbies, job)
Student, I wish I can get a job here but my student visa doesn't allow it
I like cooking, eating, painting, sculpting. However with the school's workload and needing to maintain stupidly high GPA to keep the scholarship, I really do not have that much time to work on my own paintings or sculptures...

That being said, it seems like there isn't a subforum for visual artists here xD

I also collect some dolls; learnt to sew for them. I have pet tarantulas; essentially colorful and fuzzy pet rocks. Photography pretty much branched out for my various loves and now I do it quite a bit. The only problem is its really hard to take good self portraits. Almost all my self portrait kind of photographs are done with my crappy webcam

2. Where are you from?
South east asia, I'm residing in a suburb near Seattle now

3. Who is your favorite author?
Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman probably. I love Dragonlance.

4. What are your favorite films?
Evil Dead, Nosferatu, The Crow, Edward Scissorshand, Feed, The Machinist, Silence of the Lamb, Pineapple Express, and a lot of B horror that's frankly... pretty hilarious.

5. What music do you want played at your wedding?
We Own the Night

6. At your funeral?
Ebonshire

7. This IS a gothic website, so... how do you want to die?
Preferably one that is relatively fast but not fast enough that I don't even know how i die. As odd as it might sound, I do want to have a mirror around so I can see myself draw my last breath. The most stunning eyes I had seen was that of a kitten that had been fatally injured (ran over by a car). I just sat at the bus stop and stared at it until it died.
I got a little fixated on how beautiful death might be since then =|

8. What kind of casket would you want?
Frankly I won't mind if i become some awesome anatomy model like the ones from Bodyworlds.
The only casket I want at the moment is a coffin case for my bass :3

9. What's your FAVORITE outfit?
my black cardigan, it makes my shoulder and arms look smaller :x
Maybe my strappy 5" heel boots... Since I am only 5' (153cm) tall...

10. What's one thing you miss about being a little kid?
my mom bakes delicious stuff for us then. Now I am far away from home and even when I am back.. she makes healthier food... Still delicious but no way can it hold a candle to its past glory!

11. What's your favorite band?
The 69 Eyes, Mudvayne, Bauhaus, Rammstein, Oomph!, Leave's Eyes, Infected Mushrooms, HIM, Disturbed, Deadfly Ensemble, Mindless Faith
I guess thats more than 1 favorite... This list is always growing...

12. What kind of education do you have? What is/was/will be your major?
I have a degree form a technical college. However as I realized I work just as much if not more and was getting paid significantly less than a college grad, I decided to go back to school.
At the moment I am working on my BA in production animation. Would hopefully go back for a MA after I grad and work for a couple of years so I can pay for it myself

13. Why did you join?
I don't know many people that is interested in similar things thus it might be nice to find some here. I was looking at the fashion forums and the DIY thread caught my eyes. It would be nice when I get around to taking pictures of work in progress to get some opinions.

14. If the first 13 questions didn't give it away. What is your gender?
female

PS: Just wondering, when i was registering I was asked which band Robert Smith is in, would one still be able to register if they get the answer wrong?
zes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 12:09 AM   #2
Versus

Welcome~

Quote:
That being said, it seems like there isn't a subforum for visual artists here xD
I was a little bothered when I realized it.

Quote:
...and a lot of B horror that's frankly... pretty hilarious.
Have you seen "House of Blood" by chance? Ninja-mormon-vampires at it's best (and probably only) incarnation.

Quote:
...The most stunning eyes I had seen was that of a kitten that had been fatally injured (ran over by a car). I just sat at the bus stop and stared at it until it died.
I got a little fixated on how beautiful death might be since then =|
I bet you would be more then a little bothered if you saw something truly disturbing.

Quote:
...Since I am only 5' (153cm) tall...
Join the club! ^^b

Quote:
...It would be nice when I get around to taking pictures of work in progress to get some opinions.
Please do.

Quote:
PS: Just wondering, when i was registering I was asked which band Robert Smith is in, would one still be able to register if they get the answer wrong?
Judging from some of the more retarded posts that I have seen, somehow I am inclined to believe "Yes, most definitely so" is a good answer to your question.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 12:55 AM   #3
zes

hmm, never seen House of Blood. It does sound amazing from your synopsis. I should try to lay my hands on a copy. If its hilarious enough I would probably make my buddies watch it during our weekly slack night.

Maybe I would feel totally disturbed if i saw something worse. I still cannot forget how blue those eyes were though. Thats like 7 years ago I think.
But hey, for all I know I might see the most beautiful black eyes if I watch myself die. That wouldn't be a bad last memory. Either that or I would end up being traumatized at my last moment, which won't be too bad either since it would soon be over.

I suppose said retarded posters would most likely be gone in a couple of days or weeks. Its good entertainment though.
Old 10-11-2010, 01:38 AM   #4
Versus

I wrote a review/rant of the movie when I was about 19 or so if you'd like to read it. I'll post it in the "TV, Movies, Games" board.
Old 10-11-2010, 01:45 AM   #5
zes

only if there is no spoilers! I am now waiting for netflix to mail it to me hahaha
Old 10-11-2010, 01:45 AM   #6
Versus

Quote:
Originally Posted by zes View Post
only if there is no spoilers! I am now waiting for netflix to mail it to me hahaha
Nope. It's a complete spoiler of the entire movie.
Old 10-11-2010, 08:16 AM   #7
TheFeatheredÆtheling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versus View Post
I was a little bothered when I realized it.
Miss Zes and Versus, Gnet does have a visual arts section; it's just not located on the ordinary boards. It's under the title "the Black Arts" in the community area. By all means upload some of your works. The other members and I would love to see them.

By the way, a "warm welcome" to you, Miss Zes.
TheFeatheredÆtheling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 09:12 AM   #8
zes

ouch, apostrophes
Thanks! I just found the community page. Never noticed it before you mentioned it
Old 10-11-2010, 01:19 PM   #9
maromi12d3

Welcome and hey!
maromi12d3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 04:06 PM   #10
ape descendant

Bodyworlds kicks ASS!!! Welcome, I look forward to your contributions!! <3<3<3

Be Kind
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 08:06 PM   #11
the-nihilist

I didn't read any of your intro. Is it worth reading? I don't have much of an attention span.
Old 10-12-2010, 03:32 PM   #12
zes

Thanks AD! I still remember what I dork I was when I went to the first bodyworld exhibition; sketching and nerding out about anatomy to my unlucky friend that I dragged along xD

Nihilist: frankly it's quite a wall of text. Probably TL;DR worthy. It's not all that exciting anyway unless one wants to get to know me a bit.