Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Spooky News
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Spooky News Spooky news from around the web goes in this forum. Please always credit and link your source and only use sources which are okay with being posted. No profanity in subject headings please.

Old 12-09-2007, 08:55 PM   #1
DepthsofSpace

Church Shootings in Colorado

Good point: There was an armed private guard at the Church who gunned down the man before he shot anyone else.

Bad point: The AP makes note to mention he was dresseed in black and the other shooting featured a man in dark clothing. I'm hoping black was for combat purposes and they don't try to link it to those 'Satan worshiping, Goths'.

Really bad point: People died. =(
DENVER - Three people were shot to death and six were wounded in Colorado on Sunday in two church-related shootings in the U.S. Christian heartland.

A gunman -- described by an eyewitness as dressed in black, wearing combat boots and holding an assault rifle and at least one handgun -- wounded four people when he opened fire in the parking lot of the vast New Life evangelical church in Colorado Springs, Colorado, after Sunday services, police said.

A New Life church security guard shot and killed the gunman before police arrived on the scene, Colorado Springs police chief Richard Myers told a news conference.

Police did not identify the gunman. There were about 7,000 people in the building when shooting erupted, a pastor said.

In an earlier incident, 70 miles away, a man who entered a Christian missionary training center in the Denver suburb of Arvada with a handgun killed two young missionaries and wounded two others shortly after midnight, police said.

The Arvada gunman, also dressed in dark clothing, fled on foot in the snow.

Police in the two cities said they were sharing information but declined to say whether they thought the attacks were related. There was no indication of motive in either case.

However a spokesman for the Arvada missionary group said the organization had an office on the Colorado Springs campus of the New Life church.

Goffs think you have to rip off the wings of a butterfly to show your love.

Goths know that love has already broken the wings of a butterfly on a wheel.
DepthsofSpace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 09:01 PM   #2
jestercel85

I am sorry to hear that those people lost their lives for no apparent reason. I may not be a Christian, nor have much respect for faith based religions, but that is senseless death and I find that terrible.

On another note, Unholy hell, they have missionary training centers? That thought scares the hell out of me.
jestercel85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 09:07 PM   #3
DepthsofSpace

Quote:
Originally Posted by jestercel85
On another note, Unholy hell, they have missionary training centers? That thought scares the hell out of me.
Well, you can't be a missonary unless you go through offical training right? =P

Not really, but actually that's quite common. A lot of Churches have missionary and outreach programs. I see little wrong with it, as long as they teach some bit of tollerance. I mean, everyone wants to recruit to their clan right?

Goffs think you have to rip off the wings of a butterfly to show your love.

Goths know that love has already broken the wings of a butterfly on a wheel.
DepthsofSpace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 09:17 PM   #4
jestercel85

Quote:
Originally Posted by DepthsofSpace
Well, you can't be a missonary unless you go through offical training right? =P

Not really, but actually that's quite common. A lot of Churches have missionary and outreach programs. I see little wrong with it, as long as they teach some bit of tollerance. I mean, everyone wants to recruit to their clan right?
Not me nor the religion I follow. I see proselytizing as a weakness but that is only my opinion and I mean no disrespect by that.
Old 12-10-2007, 12:28 AM   #5
Drake Dun

They're saying the two shootings might be linked, and apparently in the earlier shooting the shooter was described as having a "skullcap". My first thought was, a postal Jew? But apparently the term "skullcap" is also applied to that more minimal head gear you see some Muslims wearing.

This is going to create one hell of a mess is Islam is involved.

Drake
Drake Dun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 03:15 AM   #6
HumanePain

Location: the concrete and steel beehive of Southern California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake Dun
They're saying the two shootings might be linked, and apparently in the earlier shooting the shooter was described as having a "skullcap". My first thought was, a postal Jew? But apparently the term "skullcap" is also applied to that more minimal head gear you see some Muslims wearing.

This is going to create one hell of a mess is Islam is involved.

Drake
Yes, if the media finds out it was an "Islamic" extremist wacko, they will disregard the fact that the shooter is not representative of most American Muslims and make it look like "America is under attack by Islamic Fundamentalists". And most Americans will get stirred up by what they see on TV and not think about it rationally. Hopefully there will also be interviews of real American Muslims who will of course condemn the shooter's actions.

Interesting in that if the shooter turns out to be Jewish, no one will think twice about a Jewish assault on America. He will be correctly lumped together with "Son of Sam" and other wackos who happened to have had a Jewish background.

HumanePain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 05:46 AM   #7
korinna5555

Justin lives in Arvada!
..they keep pronouncing it wrong on the news..
It's Ar-vaaa-da, not Ar-vah duh.
Old 12-11-2007, 12:02 AM   #8
Drake Dun

Sorry, guys. This one looks like it is going to go South for Goths. The magical words "black clothing" and "Marilyn Manson" have already floated to the surface.

Drake
Old 12-11-2007, 12:40 AM   #9
TopHaggardDoll

There must be like...an internet group who plans these things or something.
Think about all these "goths" that keep shooting up schools and various shit. I refuse to believe it's a coincedence.

Think about it *shifts eyes*

I need to stop with the conspiracy theories.
Old 12-11-2007, 02:27 AM   #10
drewsilla

The clothing was the first thing I heard about when they talked about the shootings on the news. I feel badly for the families of the people.
drewsilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 02:39 AM   #11
xxgargoylexx

I can't stand how these shootings are always blamed on us for serious goths. Seriously, just cuz you wear black, doesnt mean your goth. If your gonna go out and commit a crime, you wear black, thats the rule. I am starting to think people wake up and say how can we mess with the goths...hmm, lets kill some people while wearing their clothes. As a 110% goth, it makes me wanna spank a monkey
xxgargoylexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 02:41 AM   #12
xxgargoylexx

and in all seriousness i do feel bad for the families.... yet i was still serious about that monkey
Old 12-11-2007, 02:45 AM   #13
Sir Canvas Corpsey

I may just agree with the theory of a group that has a mission to solely destroy us....the AGO...Anti-Goth Organisation

but if I was going to kill someone at a church i'd use those bread wafers as ninja stars instead..

But on a serious note; that's horrible that such a thing has happened, there are so many pointless deaths by gunnings these days, what's happening to the world?
Sir Canvas Corpsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 02:47 AM   #14
xxgargoylexx

I blame the gangsters...
Old 12-11-2007, 09:22 PM   #15
suture-self

Very sad indeed.I have not watched the news lately...maybe you all can tell me why the security guard killed the gunman instead of just wounding him?
suture-self is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 01:15 AM   #16
Haex

Quote:
Originally Posted by suture-self
Very sad indeed.I have not watched the news lately...maybe you all can tell me why the security guard killed the gunman instead of just wounding him?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Active_shooter
Haex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 04:01 AM   #17
Drake Dun

Apparently she didn't kill him - a thing I had already suspected. When she confronted him, he shot himself.

I don't think it's reasonable to ask a person in that position to aim to wound. Under the circumstances, I think she gets points for managing to do anything at all. If her own account is to be believed, she even issued a warning first. I would have just shot the guy in the back.

Drake
Old 12-12-2007, 07:54 AM   #18
Delkaetre

This is... not good. Obviously, because people being shot by madmen is A Bad Thing. But beyond that...
We don't need more flak from the media, we've had more than enough trouble already and it'll start to look a bit silly if we have to call on Voltaire to do a news interview again.
The noblest sentiment I have encountered and the most passionate political statement to stir my heart both belong to a fictional character. Why do we have no politicians as pure in their intent and determinedly joyous in their outlook as Arkady Bogdanov of Red Mars?
Delkaetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 01:42 PM   #19
kimaru

I saw that on the news the other day, of course his picture comes up and he's wearing something black with dark purple...we should convince these people to wear pink or yellow or something...

Anyways its sad when anyone loses their life because of people like him. Unfortunately these shootings are getting more and more frequent. It seems like every 3 days or so there is a report of a new shooting somewhere...
kimaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 02:20 PM   #20
Wormboy

Great >.< More shooters clad in black. If you really hate a religion THAT much, why don't you try to start a revolution of the MIND. Why not go to the church armed with KNOWLEDGE, not ballistics. Now if this was a Church of Scientology, I'd understand.

Kontan - "Eventually, you ended up looking like the freaking grim reaper towards the end of the game.
Now we got this cracked out jungle hobo...."
Wormboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 03:03 PM   #21
Xombie

I don't think wearing black has anything to do with being a goth. Like mentioned somewhere north of this post, it's basically a rule to commit crimes wearing black. It just works that way. You don't typically find people wearing flamboyant yellow t-shirts and hot pink bandanas while they're holding up a bank.
Xombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 03:55 PM   #22
clockworkcoffin

the lady that shot the gunman...i'd vote for her for president. or joe horn if anyone knows who that is.

anyway, i blame evolution. there's my two cents worth.
clockworkcoffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 04:39 PM   #23
jestercel85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormboy
Great >.< More shooters clad in black. If you really hate a religion THAT much, why don't you try to start a revolution of the MIND. Why not go to the church armed with KNOWLEDGE, not ballistics. Now if this was a Church of Scientology, I'd understand.

Truer words have yet to be spoken. I am militantly atheistic, I hate religion, or at least most of them, but I would NEVER attack someone based on their religious beliefs. That is idiotic. If I want to destroy religion I am going to continue spreading knowledge, rational thought, and logic, not shooting people.
Old 12-16-2007, 05:34 PM   #24
Wormboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jestercel85
Truer words have yet to be spoken. I am militantly atheistic, I hate religion, or at least most of them, but I would NEVER attack someone based on their religious beliefs. That is idiotic. If I want to destroy religion I am going to continue spreading knowledge, rational thought, and logic, not shooting people.
I love you ^_^

Kontan - "Eventually, you ended up looking like the freaking grim reaper towards the end of the game.
Now we got this cracked out jungle hobo...."
Wormboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 07:07 PM   #25
RavensAngel

Killing has nothing to do with religion nor the garb one wears. It's all in the human's psyche and neurosis. Senseless death is sad but we can focus on the living and educate the masses on what we are truly about and prevent yet other tragedy in the future.
RavensAngel is offline   Reply With Quote