Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 10-25-2007, 07:51 PM   #1
bulletsinmyhead

labels and stupidity

Ok so I got kinda miffed today,because some idiots were saying, "You're goth? Why don't you go cut yourself?" and of course they started making fun of me for liking Hot Topic. Ok so you're at the malland you see an interesting store, so you go in and buy something and suddenly you're a freak?

grrr....

and then they're asking if my blood is black and junk and saying, "My life is dark and meaningless, I'm going to go to hot topic."
they ask me if I belive in God and call me a freak.
Ok so someone is goth? Big whoop. Everyone's something.
Sorry I know this thread is stupid I guess I just wanted something to talk about...
I just get so sick of stupid people and the fact that they always have to label others.

grrrrrrr
Old 10-25-2007, 08:10 PM   #2
MollyMac

Labels are what humans do to fit in and to stand out. Get used to it. Have a cookie. I just baked them.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:11 PM   #3
(heartofflames)

hmmm... whenever someone says something like that, I usually just frown and contradict...which, in my language,means "piss off, prick" However, if they persist, you can just agree with them and give a twisted parody of a goth, such as "Oh yea, I'm just so GOFFICK that life is always so bad for me, oh ya...." Then, you laugh your head off at the probably bewildered expressions on their faces, and tell them to f***off or you'll eat their babies.....
(heartofflames) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 08:12 PM   #4
MollyMac

You should also have a cookie. Let it go, man.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:13 PM   #5
(heartofflames)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MollyMac
You should also have a cookie. Let it go, man.
sorry, I'm prone to rant at these subjects. <chews cookie>
(heartofflames) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 08:20 PM   #6
bulletsinmyhead

Quote:
Labels are what humans do to fit in and to stand out. Get used to it. Have a cookie. I just baked them.
thanks I wanted a cookie yummy..............

but anyway trying to phrase this in a way to where it doesn't sound like an argument. I agree with what you said about the labels. I just get angry that people are so critical of those who are different.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:22 PM   #7
MollyMac

Honey, those people are fucktards who don't get any cookies. They die alone and miserable.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:25 PM   #8
bulletsinmyhead

Quote:
Honey, those people are fucktards who don't get any cookies. They die alone and miserable.
that is so true

hehe no cookies for them

I think tommorow I will actually go up to one of them and say "You're a fucktard, no cookies for you."

haha I can see the bewildered expressions now........
Old 10-25-2007, 08:32 PM   #9
bulletsinmyhead

I love the people here so much
haha and I got a cookie....
Old 10-25-2007, 08:43 PM   #10
BloodMusic

Just say you stab and look them straight in the eye without blinking. No wait, don't do that. You'll always be labled. People will always do and say stupid things. Facts of life. Even if stabbity, someone else will take their place. *shrugs* these things happen.
BloodMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 09:44 PM   #11
Graveyard.Crow

A guy on my bus called me emo once, I turned around and said "It's goth" (even though I don't call myself that anymore, but he didn't need to know that, it was more of a mock) anyway
now he uses that to scream at me on the bus.
Oh the worries of the teenage boys.
Old 10-25-2007, 09:48 PM   #12
HellforgedX

Just smile and nod, or pretend you don't know english, or fake a twisted ankle and fall down crying, or make fun of them for liking sports and such, or just say "yes, I am! How did you know?" to everything they say or ask. Or you could just shoot them at their school while practicing Wicca and listening to Marilyn Manson and watching South Park and playing D&D.
Old 10-25-2007, 09:56 PM   #13
DepthsofSpace

Echos everyone above in three easy to remember words: Sarcasm. Sarcasm. Sarcasm.

And I vote for the 'no cookie for you' response as well. (:
DepthsofSpace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 10:25 PM   #14
Graveyard.Crow

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellforgedX
Or you could just shoot them at their school while practicing Wicca and listening to Marilyn Manson and watching South Park and playing D&D.
Gee thanks for ruining my surprise for everyone. Now they won't be shocked. THANKS A LOT.
Old 10-25-2007, 10:59 PM   #15
Green.Lady

I've been called a goth, a prep, a nerd, a scene kid, an emo, sometimes more than one at once. These name-callers are the people who don't do their homework. I just LOL at them, mostly. They haven't done their Wikipedia homework. People call each other goth at my school whenever one wears a combination of black and red, for some odd reason. Don't let them get to you, they know nothing.
Green.Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 11:02 PM   #16
killer_asian_Dax

I wore a label today. It said "drink me."

Don't let it get ya down. They probably finally stopped seeing the humor in Bevis and Butthead and were desperate for something else to laugh at.

But at least you get to be the cookie Nazi. "NO COOKIE FOR YOU!"

My crappy Myspace
killer_asian_Dax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 03:43 AM   #17
bulletsinmyhead

thanks everyone

yes killer_asian_Dax, "I AM THE COOKIE NAZI!!!!!!!!"

hehe
Old 10-26-2007, 01:31 PM   #18
DarkPrayer

Location: In a place covered in darkness but filled with only good people
I've had a girl called Jennifer ask me, "If you're so obsessed with death, why are you still alive?" I found that extremely rude, but I couldn't stop laughing because it was so stupid. Look on the brighter side of things and find humour in them.
DarkPrayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 03:17 PM   #19
MollyMac

Just tell her that if you were dead, you could hardly obsess about death, now could you? And then eat a cookie in from of her, tauntingly.
Old 10-26-2007, 06:22 PM   #20
CandyKorns

I know, WHY the hell does everyone have to make such a big ass deal over being goth?! I can't stand people thinking that all Goths cut themselves and like Hottopic. Why does everyone think they can just run over a Goth, too? Most Gothic people have a lot of pint up emotions
and if you make them snap than you could have problems.
Why is it so easy to make fun of a Gothic person?
It's a hate-crime.
You know it's less stressful being a "normal" person and wearing basic clothing, but then you just feel like your kidding yourself, like that's not who you really are.

I haven't eaten much all day, I feel like I'm going to pass out, I've had a really bad day, too, the way I can explain my day, is like: it was a residual haunting.
CandyKorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 06:53 PM   #21
Graveyard.Crow

You know, the whole normal clothing thing. I have friends who are simply not allowed to express themselves, if they want to have a home that is. It isn't always about being afraid to stand out, it's when your parents say "you either look like a normal person, or pay for your own damn food and shelter"
Plus, for some people the so called "boring" clothing is in fact who they really are. But in some cases you are right as well.
Old 10-27-2007, 11:57 AM   #22
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandyKorns
I know, WHY the hell does everyone have to make such a big ass deal over being goth?! I can't stand people thinking that all Goths cut themselves and like Hottopic. Why does everyone think they can just run over a Goth, too? Most Gothic people have a lot of pint up emotions
and if you make them snap than you could have problems.

Why is it so easy to make fun of a Gothic person?
It's a hate-crime.
You know it's less stressful being a "normal" person and wearing basic clothing, but then you just feel like your kidding yourself, like that's not who you really are.

I haven't eaten much all day, I feel like I'm going to pass out, I've had a really bad day, too, the way I can explain my day, is like: it was a residual haunting.
I'd be careful saying that. That kind of attitude is the reason everyone blames goths for shootings.

And stress levels really don't have any relation to what kind of clothing you wear. At all.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 12:46 PM   #23
TopHaggardDoll

You know....I usually just ignore people like that. I'm not wasting precious air replying to them.

I might just have a good ignore button.
Old 10-27-2007, 02:45 PM   #24
MollyMac

A hate crime is technically based on an aspect a person cannot change or to a religion aspect (usually which is tied to nationality/ethnicity). Givig someone shit for choosing to dress differently is every middle schooler's god given right.
Old 10-27-2007, 03:46 PM   #25
Utael

My advice to you, do the gothiest thing you can think of and when they make fun of you say to them "At least I'm honest with myself" and if they come up with a response it will most likly derive of the phrase "WHAT?!" trust me any jock/prep/idiot will go home and honestly think about there life its pretty funny actually ive enjoyed quite a conversation with a jock who made fun of me then went home rethought his life and found out he was actually just a puppet of his family... kind of awkward now that i think about it...
Utael is offline   Reply With Quote