Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Introductions This is a forum for members (new and old) to introduce themselves and get to know each other. Start a new thread and introduce yourself. Tell us a little about what you like and what you are into and such.

Old 09-24-2007, 11:45 AM   #101
Abyssmal

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyLucretia
So you believe everything you read on the internet then?

A tip: most music websites mislabel stuff. Learn the actual musical styles by listening to them, not reading about them.
I wasn't using music websites, I was using other forums like this one.
Abyssmal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 12:20 PM   #102
LadyLucretia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abyssmal
I wasn't using music websites, I was using other forums like this one.
Not all forums are created equal. There is misinformation here too, but hopefully less of it than you are used to, and people usually correct wrong information quickly (sometimes to the chagrin of those providing it).
LadyLucretia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 09:43 PM   #103
HellforgedX

Quote:
Originally Posted by delicti
If you're going to listen to them for sheer goth appeal, there's no need to get anything other than "Telemetry of a Fallen Angel".
Amen, Brothah D!
Old 09-27-2007, 06:01 AM   #104
Anarasha

Oh.. My... Goat :P This is hillarious :P
I have read through 2½ of these pages and.. my impression of this guy is, that he is immature and thinks that overdoing his oldish grammatics makes him goth o.o I am not even gonna comment or flame further.. Jillan and you other guys have done such a good job for me (:
Anyway, Abysmal, if you want to last long here or anywhere.. you might want to change your attitude from "obnoxious child" to "acceptable non-retard" (:
Anarasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 06:20 AM   #105
Godslayer Jillian

He already did.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 04:37 PM   #106
LadyStardust

Quote:
I was actually talking about paganism. I practice a mixture of various pagan beliefs including Asatru, Druidism, Thelema, Wicca, and Ars Falcis.

That makes much more sense. Thanks for clearing it up. Have you read Scott Cunningham's books on Wicca? He focuses on the solitary practicioner, so it makes it a lot easier to practice if you don't know any like-minded pagans.
Old 10-01-2007, 06:08 AM   #107
Abyssmal

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyStardust
That makes much more sense. Thanks for clearing it up. Have you read Scott Cunningham's books on Wicca? He focuses on the solitary practicioner, so it makes it a lot easier to practice if you don't know any like-minded pagans.
I have read a few, mostly the ones that focus on herb magick. Raymond Buckland and Silver Ravenwolf are some more that focus on the solitary practicioner.
Old 10-01-2007, 09:11 AM   #108
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
I have read a few, mostly the ones that focus on herb magick. Raymond Buckland and Silver Ravenwolf are some more that focus on the solitary practicioner.
Oh, man. You're not impressing anyone by name-dropping, ESPECIALLY names like Silver Ravenwolf.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 10:47 AM   #109
KontanKarite

Fuck all that shit. Everyone knows Crowley is the man.

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 11:15 AM   #110
Abyssmal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia
Oh, man. You're not impressing anyone by name-dropping, ESPECIALLY names like Silver Ravenwolf.
I wasn't trying to impress anyone.

to KontanKarite: How many of Crowley's books have you read? Any of the Liber books, or the Equinox?
Old 10-02-2007, 11:16 AM   #111
Touch of Ink

Location: Pond Path, East Setauket, NY, 11733, US (Come Serial Killers, Come)
Your original post HAD to be a joke... Right?

"I'm only Seventeen but I'm sick and disgusted with all these POSERS around me"

Does that mean like... You're in high school and you don't like the other kids who dress black and don't believe the same thing you do?

---

That... Original Post couldn't possibly be serious.

---

~Uncle Smoov

There's a little place in my heart reserved just for you, in a completely heterosexual manner. Seriously, I've never read so many posts that gave me so many warm and fuzzy feelings as you have clearly demonstrated.

In your honor, I'm spelling it "Peauxseur".
Touch of Ink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 11:30 AM   #112
Uncle Smoov

FINALLY! RECOGNITION! Hear that, myriad enemies? There is a shred of hope for the rest of you dregs! Touch of Ink being my first apostle (on gothic.net anyway), I do hope you don't all claw too violently towards the remaining eleven positions. However, I can't imagine how you could resist, given your prior violent behavior and the desirability of the promotion. Until my minions are gathered in full, for your benefit I'll be sensitive to flattery, and will look favorably on flames that follow my holy example in the art of flaming to whichever inferiors you see fit. Touch of Ink, I suggest you don't ruin this for yourself and get to preaching my Word to the 13,307 members of this site who are as yet unsaved. You have a lot of work to do.
Uncle Smoov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 11:35 AM   #113
Abyssmal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Touch of Ink
Your original post HAD to be a joke... Right?

"I'm only Seventeen but I'm sick and disgusted with all these POSERS around me"

Does that mean like... You're in high school and you don't like the other kids who dress black and don't believe the same thing you do?
No, that isn't what I meant at the time. What I had meant was those that change their beliefs and follow only what is currently in style.
Old 10-02-2007, 11:40 AM   #114
Touch of Ink

Location: Pond Path, East Setauket, NY, 11733, US (Come Serial Killers, Come)
~Uncle Smoov

o.0

▒▓▒▓ ▒░▓ Fuck?

But... But I'm not good at flaming people... I'm only skilled in the art of subtle insults and making people feel self conscious about their looks and personality.

».«

~Abyssmal

Oh... Well sometimes beliefs change with culture... If everyone believes that everyone believes in something, it sort of makes it true. A lot of times people just follow a certain style, rather than any belief just to be able to connect to other people. It sort of makes them sheep, but at the same time, being able to connect to people and make friends is a very important thing.

Besides. They could just simply be learning what's good for them. Maybe they feel being Gothy was good at one point but found out it just wasn't for them.

Sometimes, when you don't have any other options, being fake is better than being alone. -Shrugs-
Touch of Ink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 11:45 AM   #115
Uncle Smoov

Flame, weakling, or Ant Ruff might have to make a visit to your kneecaps. All of you, heed my word. The Time has come that I finally take unquestioned hold over these lands which by God were promised me. Join me or skip around with JCC and thedoll all day. The choice is yours, wimplings. I hope you're sane about it.
Uncle Smoov is offline   Reply With Quote