Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Old 12-15-2007, 04:50 PM   #51
Solumina

For $13.25 you can get a blowjob from a Chinese prostitute. Oh the fun things you learn when friends tell you more than you needed to know about their vacation
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 10:13 PM   #52
dreamydancer

When I have a place of my own and gather enough money I want an emperor penguin. I'm sure it would be difficult to legally own such an exotic creature. I'd probably need a license or a permit. It would have its own refrigerated room with a pool, and have enough space to slide on its belly and catch fishies. I would also want one when it starts of as a baby. They are soo cute and fat furry.

Teehee, I love this video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKSqn6G57NA

~Clan of Xymox
dreamydancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 10:19 PM   #53
dreamydancer

I just realized how ditzy and silly I really am.

~Clan of Xymox
dreamydancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 04:29 PM   #54
korinna5555

Haunted, LMAO.
But I can't handle Camels.. they make me soooo sick.
Old 12-19-2007, 04:54 PM   #55
korinna5555

I SEE A BREYER HORSE!

..I only have about 60..
Old 12-19-2007, 05:05 PM   #56
korinna5555

I am particularly fond of the old, discontinued models. I have about 15 of those.
Old 12-19-2007, 06:23 PM   #57
korinna5555

Yep.

I need to pee now.. I am going to take a shower, too.. *ponders aloud*
Old 12-19-2007, 06:31 PM   #58
fiends

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamydancer
They are soo cute and fat furry.
Those words were used to describe me once. @_@

Anyways...
I got a cat, and a dog.
I think there's a fish in the house, somewhere, but I don't see much of it. ._.
fiends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 10:20 AM   #59
Kanedawg

Okay. After a quick web search. Breyer horses are model horses. Was wondering how anyone had so many. Like royalty on here or something. :^)

I can dig the penguin aspiration, dreamydancer. Have always wanted a huge shark tank. Like at the head of a waterbed, maybe. Often feel compelled to rescue the lobsters for sale alive in stores.

I've had snakes; mice; rats; gerbils--dogs and cats of course--fish; crayfish, a.k.a. "crawdads," and I am in the habit of rescuing birds. Have hand raised a number of orphaned baby birds and rescued injured crows and a pigeon and even a massive owl once. Currently have a white rabbit found at a local college with a number tattooed in his ear. "N-15," a.k.a. Mr. Bigglesworth, adores my old cat who seems to pretend that she likes him less than she really does, and he loves chips and bread and crackers and stuff. Also worked at Animal Humane for a couple years. What say you, Atreyu? Sorry to go on so...
Kanedawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 10:52 AM   #60
korinna5555

I remember my crawdaddies.. I fed them bacon!

I have had:
Guinea pigs, mice, hamsters, rabbits (domestic and wild.. rescues), parakeets, robins (rescues), numerous assorted fishes, cats, dogs, a ferret, horses, a donkey..
I LOVE animals.
I plan to be certified for wildlife rehab sometime soon; people already bring me plenty of animals.
Old 01-01-2008, 11:01 AM   #61
Kanedawg

Very cool. So I take it that you are fortunate enough to reside in the country? I did when I was younger, and thought the city was where all the fun was. Now I'd love to be able to live out in the sticks again. I'm sure I forgot a few in there. I found a baby fox once, and a raccoon, and have had a pony and a horse. Have raised sparrows mostly, as well as a couple of starlings. I tend to take critters to rescue places, especially as I've not as time and energy to spare these days. Good luck on your certification. Have had lizards, too! My one crayfish got good at escaping from a small tank atop my fridge. Sometimes I'd find him on the livingroom floor all alien-like, and I swear that I once talked him out from behind the fridge. My house-rabbit seems to understand the word "NO!" and has not chewed on my computer wires in a long time. I think animals generally are far more intelligent than many are comfortable accepting. Sigh! Speaking of animals, must run off to work then. Have a good first day of the year. And hopefully the rest of them, too.
Old 01-01-2008, 11:33 AM   #62
korinna5555

OH! I had all sorts of frogs, toads, and salamanders, too!

I live way out in the middle of nowhere, and I love it.
KMR is a necessity in my house, and I will order $50 worth of mealworms to save a bird.
Old 01-02-2008, 09:50 AM   #63
Kanedawg

I will order $50 worth of mealworms to save a bird.
How sweet! :^)

What is this necessity, "KMR"?

I have kept tadpoles until they matured into frogs. There is a really cool pet store where I live called Clark's that sells tadpoles among other things. I also once did a less than popular grade school project in which I hatched mosquito larva. (Larvae?) El oh well!

Glad that you appreciate your rural setting. I miss the woods and swamps of Michigan farm country. Especially other than in the winter!
Old 01-03-2008, 06:01 AM   #64
korinna5555

Kitten Milk Replacer. I have used it for baby hamsters, baby rabbits (wild cottontails).. it works well for most baby mammals I have to take care of. I buy these $30 tubs so I have some handy. There is also a puppy milk replacer, but since I have never rescued a canine, it was never necessary.
It has gotten to the point where people will bring me animals, so I might as well be certified.

I LOOOOOVE living in the country.. I NEED to live in the country or I get really irritable and depressed. I hated NYC.

I miss my robins.
Old 01-03-2008, 07:13 AM   #65
Kanedawg

I have been in the city for a long time. Not good for the soul, but my circumstances (Not being wealthy and being divorced with a son I spend a lot of time with.) kind of require it for awhile.

Did your robins fly off on you? Have been through it many times. It's hard when they leave the nest, but of course it's all for the best.
Old 01-03-2008, 11:21 AM   #66
korinna5555

Two of my robins died (I don't think I introduced fruits soon enough.. after a certain point, robins need fruit.. they aren't meant to eat bugs all the time) and I released one.
The first one I had (Rest in peace, Badger) became far too attatched to me to release, even though we tried very hard not to let that happen. I kept her until she passed away. I will dig up pictures of her.

I require pictures of your son.
Old 01-03-2008, 02:32 PM   #67
Kanedawg

Give me a spot of time then and I will oblige on the pics of my son! (In no uncertain terms. :^) One of my most awful experiences with bird raising was when I foolishly thought one of my rats might make friends with it. He attacked it quite suddenly. Like, FOOD! The bird slowly expired nestled in a hat that I had, still allowing me to feed it, apparently oblivious that it was on its way out.

While my son was on his way I raised a pair of starlings, one of which expired. When the other flew quite adeptly up into a high tree I had this brief sense of "Wait! Come back!"

Hope you're feeling better. If its hangover related, as someone else mentioned recently, hydration helps. Fortunately I don't drink a lot.
Old 01-03-2008, 04:24 PM   #68
korinna5555

Yay! I love little ones.. I can't wait to have some of my own.

Rats can be quite vicious.. With the hamsters, I have found that less babies are eaten by the mother if I put meat or cat food in with the hamster food.

I rarely drink, and even then, it's something like a glass of wine.
I get recurrent sinus infections, and am now at the point where I can't take any antibiotics because there are none that I am not resistant to. So I have to fight it off myself, which is a bitch.
Old 01-03-2008, 06:57 PM   #69
Kanedawg

Hi. You seem to have a strong maternal instinct. Oddly enough based on my love of animals, and for that matter for my son, well, let's say it is a paternal instinct in my case!

I drink now and then, and generally prefer a glass or a few of wine. Every now and then I like a couple vodka and orange juice, but moreso wine lately, when I drink at all. Did get a pair of really cool clawed wine glasses as one of my few Christmas presents this year.

I'm glad you understand rodent politics. So some protein helps curb that dreadful parental etiquette! I would have mice eat their babies but never had rats do that.

I have been trying to get over a respiratory thing for awhile now, and I get them every winter pretty much. I did antibiotics and still did not quite shake it. Not feeling well I had given up on exercising but then decided to hell with it and started walking again and that actually seems to have made me somewhat better.

It's nice talking to you. You seem like a sweetie-pie. :^)
Old 01-03-2008, 07:04 PM   #70
korinna5555

Strong maternal instinct is my middle name.. seriously. I have been taking care of newborn humans since the age of 12, and loving it. Screaming? Poopy diapers? Bring it on. I love it. Well, not the screaming so much, but hey.. it comes with the territory.
Ask Meth, or Justin. Justin would laugh.. oh yes.. he is SO screwed. Lucky for him, he wants kids.
I love it when babies are just old enough to be affectionate. The little girl that I have taken care of since she was a baby was about.. 11 months? I had stood her up to finish putting her pajamas on, and she put her hands on my cheeks and gave me a kiss.. *melted*

Sinus problems + asthma = not fun. Trust me.

I AM a sweetie.
Old 01-03-2008, 07:16 PM   #71
Kanedawg

I was not into being a dad at first. I was terrified, and still am of how the world is going. But my love of innocent life, which is pretty much the one thing that I ultimately value, naturally carried over to my son. He pretty much invested me in the human race as I never had been before. I still don't like most humans but--Ugh!--I guess I'm pretty much one of them now! Don't know if that makes sense.

So is Justin your lucky significant other?

Well, about to get off work and have to run but I am being assimilated by the many cool people on this site, while avoiding some of the less friendly ones. :^) L8rs, oh cute hamster.
Old 01-03-2008, 07:18 PM   #72
korinna5555

Yep.

I look forward to the pictures of your son. How old is he? (I don't think I remember reading that)
Old 01-03-2008, 07:26 PM   #73
MirrorsAndMonoxide

Going back to the animal conversation..

I've had:
- Dogs: Haley, Jennifer, Mickey, Brandon, Lemmy, Rosie, Buddy, Bogey, Snickers
- Gerbils: Hannah, Anna, Gabby, Abby
- Turtles: Spike, Bubba
- Guinea Pig: Sparky
- Cat: Barney
- Fish
MirrorsAndMonoxide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 09:25 PM   #74
Kanedawg

Hi! Okay. I almost fear telling this but... my son is undoubtedly closer to your age than I am. He is approahcing high school age at 13!!! Please forgive me for being what probably constitutes being OLD in your world. I hope you won't hold it against me and that we can still talk about animals and stuff. I'm a nice guy... Really! :^)

And in some ways I miss when he was younger. He's a very nice kid but like too nice in a way and so progressing out into the world has taken somewhat of a toll on him in that he is not as open and trusting as he used to be when he was little. So I'm sure I could round up some older pics and newer ones if you like. He is not into the goth thing though. He got a bad impression of it from a crazy younger goth girl that I was madly in love with. Well, there it is. Have a good night.
Old 01-03-2008, 09:29 PM   #75
Kanedawg

Cool. You didn't name your fish? I guess I never really named them, either. Animals are awesome, though.