Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > General
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

General General questions and meet 'n greet and welcome!

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2005, 11:15 AM   #1451
ChUnKy_CaRaMeL

Re: random

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffany_the_writer
I am going to Disneyland for springbreak. Our band is playing there or something. We get to stop at Vegas on the way down. YAY VEGAS!!! lol too bad I'm underage.

My eyes hurt.

But yay, Vegas!
I have to agree with you on the Vegas bit. That city can charm anyone. Don't be so bummed about the underage part. When I went to Vegas I was a mere 13 and could not go anywhere without my family, but yet I had the time of my life. As long as you have money to spend, that city is all yours. Check out the pyramid hotel ... better yet, venture into any hotel that looks plain freaky and fun. The castle one is great (mainly for it's giant arcade and medieval and fantasy everything shops). Don't forget to utilize the buffets. (This is knowledge from 98. The place is probably even more awesome now, and this is assuming you've never been there before and I'm just wasting my hands away to a state closer to arthritis for no reason.)

What type of music does your band play?? Just out of curiousity and to make the pain in my hands not be in vain??? =^^=
Old 01-19-2005, 01:26 PM   #1452
winged_dreams

The question mark man is yelling at me. No, I'm not going insane. I'm talking about some annoying guy who tries pushing his books about get rich quick schemes on people. He wear's a suit with question marks on it. It's annoying because I don't trust get rich quick schemes (although his works quite well) and I don't like people who are getting rich off of schemes that most likely don't work. Grr.

MrMaelstrom: Er... are you lactating?

Elite "No Clue What the Number Is"
Old 01-19-2005, 01:46 PM   #1453
tiffany_the_writer

randomsssssstuff

Our repertoire for Disneyland is pretty much music from Disney movies lol. There is music from "Beauty and the Beast", "Hercules", and "Pirates of the Caribbean". We have a piece thats like "a medley" and it has parts from famous songs by the Blues Brothers, which is super fun to play. We have our overture-ish type piece and we have another piece that’s kind of jazz-ish but not really.

For Vegas we will be in groups of 10 with one chaperone, and all night we will be walkin' the strip. It might be hard to go everywhere I want to go, and we will only be there for one night... lol but I don't care. I'm so excited. We have 63 days until we leave, my friend made up a Disneyland countdown website lol!
Old 01-22-2005, 02:08 AM   #1454
gingerbreadwench

Hoo freaking rah!

Northern Exposure and apple juice!

I am so easy to please. Too bad I'm single.
Old 01-22-2005, 11:35 AM   #1455
Solumina

I get to go to Greece for spring break. It's for my Latin class but it's we almost didn't get to go because my school isn't allowed to do any over seas trips so my teacher just decided to unofficially organize it himself.
Old 01-22-2005, 02:05 PM   #1456
Ravena

Well, anyone with a myspace account look me up under Kyleen. There's a picture of Asurai in a red dress, so go.
The lady who is processing my application at the YMCA is sick, so I have to wait for her to get better and back in the office so she can schedule me for a pee test that I should pass.
doo-dee-doo....
I've had you my way.
Orgy~The Spectrum
Old 01-22-2005, 02:10 PM   #1457
MrMaelstrom

Ravena, where you been girl?

Welcome back!
Old 01-22-2005, 02:20 PM   #1458
TeapotScar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravena
Well, anyone with a myspace account look me up under Kyleen. There's a picture of Asurai in a red dress, so go.
The lady who is processing my application at the YMCA is sick, so I have to wait for her to get better and back in the office so she can schedule me for a pee test that I should pass.
doo-dee-doo....
There are 4 pages of Kyleens... but I found you. On the last page.

-Add me on myspace, because I'm pretty sure I've tried to add you! http://www.myspace.com/fermeztesyeux
Old 01-24-2005, 05:20 PM   #1459
Planewalker

WARNING: This is likely more non-sense by Planewalker…..but I gave you a break and a warning ~smiles~

Well, I was reaching into the jumbled thoughts that make up my mind to find a random thought. I tossed aside the nonsense ( to my surprise I find that I must do some spring cleaning) and came up with something that has been eating away at me for the past couple of months.

Today’s thought

Depression……..

{The scene is set} Panoramic view of my head. I am smiling, full of cheer. It seems that all is going well in my life. I am happy. (uh oh)

Out of no where I get that feeling. I can feel it brewing building like a storm on the horizons. The ominous gray clouds building, preparing to lay siege. I start to get ready, like Florida residents before a hurricane. Strap down the knifes, loose the bullets………….Pause:

:idea: I have often wondered why I could do no more than just prepare. Its me and I am in full control. Why am I so powerless to stop it. Now, there are times when I just completely do not care (due to relationships, deaths, bands breaking up, Friends being cancelled) but, what about the times when things are going really well, or at least mediocre. I am happy with mediocre. I can easily deal with mediocre. But, oh no, here it comes……I am so fucked! :idea:

:arrow: Play:
It hits with the force of nuclear winds bringing nothing but cold ass winter. I am forced to retreat to my fall out shelter to be alone…..miserable. Hours turn to days. Days to months. Walking dead. I can’t even communicate my basic needs…..just bend slightly to everyone’s pushes……..Pause.

:idea: I like to be alone. I am just as happy being with myself as I am in a roomful (at times more talkative). So what makes me so miserable. I should be happy. Throw on the radio an just start singing. The simplest pleasure besides eating an breathing I can think of. But there I am just barely able to react to my own pinches. Tears for no reason what so ever. I can’t even find comfort in myself…the most comforting person I know (well, mostly know and understand anyways), not to mention friends and family. Oh, I do hate it for them during these times. When I withdraw to my cave, I become completely invisible to the outside world. Non-fucking existent. :idea:

Months of the titanic storm leaves me……….confined. Like a caged animal I scream. Lashing out at my walls first. If they break, I dare not imagine what will happen. Pieces of my anger escape my compound, finding anyone….anything in the outside world. This only adds to the ferocity of the storm…..pause.

:idea: Don’t you hate this period. I am not a naturally violent, offensive or unpleasant person., so these times are a real pain in the ass. :idea:

:x (guy in the back, “ Just let the soap-opera play. Your the pain in the ass.” )

PlaneWalker: “Oops sorry.”

The howling wind stops. Yet I am afraid to look outside. To see the damage caused from the brutal storm. Putting on a brave face I step outside to see………………beautiful sunlight. The birds are singing , the rabbits humping, the dogs defecating. Beautiful day at last. The storm has faded (for now) and I start to rebuild. Whistle while you work! The end…….for now. (dun dun da dun)

:idea: I LOVE this time. I feel like a new person . I feel energized. I am almost a candy coated Christian during these times. Just running around full of smiles and compliments for everyone. It’s like I have got months of happiness to catch up on and it rushes me at once. Almost like a walking orgasm for days on end. During these times it makes the earlier months seem……worth it all (almost). Of course there are apologies to be made. Ignorant electronics to be replaced. No worries though, as long as I am going forward.

I wonder at times if these depressions that come about for no reason are in-fact just part of my growth. If they might be times when my sub-consciousness is forcing my consciousness in a closet to see things about myself that I choose to overlook, things I choose to ignore. Or, if I should go out to the doc and get meds to numb that part of me. :idea:

Overview: Depression sucks monkey nuts, but those that don’t kill me usually make me smarter…..or at least more aware.

Roll Credits

Story Teller, director, guy in the back, an planewalker played by Planewalker

This has been a Guy in the Closet productions . All views and comments are strictly those of the story teller, director, guy in the back, and planewalker. We hold all accountability.
Old 01-24-2005, 08:28 PM   #1460
AlKilyu

Planewalker: (welcome back btw) keep on them meds! Do not remove the tightrope in the middle of the act!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TStone
I will never substitute Orange Dream for Orange Juice to mix with vodka, ever again. It’s like eating orange sherbet, potently spiked, and you may think that’s a good thing—but my stomach would fucking disagree with you.

Hello toilet, my old friend.
Shit, it was the early 90's and I was quite underage, but isn't it caleld a Siberian Dream? Ice cream and vodka?
Old 01-24-2005, 09:03 PM   #1461
winged_dreams

I keep tripping over my shoelaces. I really need to get shorter ones. I'm lucky I haven't fallen on my face yet.

Old 01-25-2005, 05:54 PM   #1462
Empty_Purple_Stars

Having been to Texas TWICE in the last two friggin weeks I can say:

I MISS my friends!

It sucked to leave them!

I mostly miss my family!

Ha!

And there still isnt a gawdamn thing to do at 2 am in Nacdoches,Texas!

:x
Old 01-25-2005, 06:43 PM   #1463
edible_eye

just because...

http://www.repair-central.com/Shoe/d...nsshoesrepair/

http://www.repair-central.com/Shoe/miamirepairshoes/

and... TA-DA!

http://yellowpages.superpages.com/li...s+%26+Shoes%5E

enjoy.
Old 01-25-2005, 07:17 PM   #1464
Disfunction

I.. am now off my meds. To some this comes as an "Oh shit, he's going to want to off himself again, make an inane thread about it and then we'll have to flame his ass to bring him back to reality..." Fortunately for those of you, so far I have been dealing quite well with the emotions, and have even set to work on a change in my perspectives. Overall I think that this is for the best; to start, the meds were making me physically ill, and secondly I don't even want to be dependent on anything: not pill nor person.

However, I AM still seeing a psychologist, I WILL ask for meds should it be that I am incapable of dealing with the moods... but so far, so good.

You may now return to your regularly scheduled... thinger.

...don't smother your kids."
Old 01-25-2005, 10:43 PM   #1465
DCreep

Razor blade dreams for the blood thirsty fiends.

Bloods Free.
Old 01-25-2005, 11:02 PM   #1466
winged_dreams

Wooo!! Kids in the Hall is on! Sweet. I love that show!! Plus I'm reading naughty Inuyasha fanfiction. I'm sure you didn't want to know that but oh well. I swear I'm not weird!!

Old 01-25-2005, 11:22 PM   #1467
AlKilyu

Hey where do they still air Kids in the Hall?
Old 01-25-2005, 11:28 PM   #1468
winged_dreams

In New Jersey and it's on Comedy Central.

Old 01-30-2005, 09:34 PM   #1469
gingerbreadwench

Does anyone need a gmail invite? I have four, and I don't know what to do with them.
Old 01-30-2005, 09:53 PM   #1470
ice

invite me :D

"No - it's more like - wow, isn't enlightenment great?" - Doug Henning
Old 01-30-2005, 09:53 PM   #1471
TeapotScar

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerbreadwench
Does anyone need a gmail invite? I have four, and I don't know what to do with them.
Oooo- I'd like one!

-Add me on myspace, because I'm pretty sure I've tried to add you! http://www.myspace.com/fermeztesyeux
Old 01-30-2005, 10:11 PM   #1472
gingerbreadwench

May I have "your guys's" e-mails then?
Old 01-30-2005, 10:29 PM   #1473
Granny-like_the_apple

Quote:
What's that?

Don't let mobile phone conversations lead to premature sex and pregnancy.
Old 01-30-2005, 10:41 PM   #1474
tiffany_the_writer

gmail

Yeah... my school paper got a gmail account. But no one told me, so I sent my articles to the old hotmail account. But not to worry, the editior got them anyways and the first issue of Facey Ink will be published in February. And my articles and book review will be in it for all to read.
Old 01-31-2005, 04:53 PM   #1475
gingerbreadwench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny-like_the_apple
Quote:
What's that?
It is the e-mail program from Google. You get 1000 MB of storage space... which is just wonderful. I'll send you an invite if you're interested. I currently have three left.