Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

View Poll Results: ...
.. 0 0%
... 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 07:05 AM   #4826
Delkaetre

*sigh*
I am dreadfully bored. If this keeps up, I may have to leave the house just for want of something to do! But outside is little better, being cold and grey and singularly lacking in free entertainments.
G.L.- I know where you're coming from, it happened to me. I went missing for some time, most of a year I think. And then came back and rejoined conversations. G.Net goes through phases of unutterable dullness, but returns to form if given some time to recover.
The noblest sentiment I have encountered and the most passionate political statement to stir my heart both belong to a fictional character. Why do we have no politicians as pure in their intent and determinedly joyous in their outlook as Arkady Bogdanov of Red Mars?
Old 01-09-2008, 07:12 AM   #4827
Lapin

Oh sweet Mother...

Someone broke a glass in my kitchen last night and made a shitty attempt to hide/sweep up the mess. This morning, I go in my kitchen in my bare feet, and guess what I get embedded in the heel of my foot?

So first, my other friend tried to get it out with tweezers and a needle since its at a weird place in my foot. That fails miserably and tears my foot up. So now I've got my foot soaking in a hot water/soap/salt solution, a recommendation from another theatre worker. And gods damn it, it feels horrible! Due to a pyrotechnic accident, I know what it feels like to be on fire.

This is about the same level of pain.

And it takes an hour or so to work.

Agh...want to chop my foot off at this point...
Old 01-09-2008, 07:20 AM   #4828
Darcnyss

Lapin, Ouch! That sounds extremely painful.

Anyway, I'm getting sick and tired of receiving emails from the University of Phoenix. Up to 5 a day. I have no intention of signing up with them, and even though I've blocked their address, I still receive bloody mails from them.
Old 01-09-2008, 07:34 AM   #4829
Lapin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcnyss
Lapin, Ouch! That sounds extremely painful.
You have no idea. (Lapin has tears in the corners of her eyes)
Old 01-09-2008, 07:39 AM   #4830
Delkaetre

Darcnyss, see if there's anything at the end of their emails saying 'click here if you don't wish to receive any more information from us'. If there's not, email them sking that you be removed from their mailing lists.
If they don't and continue to send you spam, email them twice more- leave at least two weeks between first, second, and third emails. If they still haven't stopped, then threaten to report them to an advertising or education authority over this, as it's effectively harrassment.

Lapin- suddenly I'm inspired to actually put my shoes on...
The noblest sentiment I have encountered and the most passionate political statement to stir my heart both belong to a fictional character. Why do we have no politicians as pure in their intent and determinedly joyous in their outlook as Arkady Bogdanov of Red Mars?
Old 01-09-2008, 07:47 AM   #4831
Lapin

Shoes are good. I recognize that now.
Old 01-09-2008, 05:45 PM   #4832
Godslayer Jillian

Damn it! There's a film festival this week and today there was supposed to be a documentary on Emiliano Zapata, and I went with a friend, and there was no events today. Apparently they canceled it.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Old 01-09-2008, 06:09 PM   #4833
Lolly PopMuzik

Okay, I put in more applications to return to Macy's on last Friday/Monday but I haven't had any responses and it usually takes 2-3 days!

And still no dice on finding a Beetlejuice tinbox. *sigh*

On top of that, my nephew took my dye bottle even though I told him it was mine and I need the whole bottle to redye some of my clothes. *growls angrily*
Old 01-10-2008, 01:02 AM   #4834
Darcnyss

Just had a power outage here which lasted for just under an hour. We had to carry the generator into the office due to the rain, so now I'm feeling rather lightheaded and have a bit of a headache due to the petrol fumes...
Old 01-10-2008, 02:38 AM   #4835
Nevan

hello darkness my old friend...^

There's probably more load shedding to come - I just received a corporate mail with the areas that are going to be affected today.

Proudly brought to you by Eskom...

Alas! Must it ever be so?
Do we stand in our own light, wherever we go,
And fight our own shadows forever?
- Edward Bulwer-Lytton
Old 01-10-2008, 06:06 AM   #4836
Darcnyss

Ok, not a rant. More a show of appreciation.

I definitely have to say that from all the goth forums I have seen so far, and believe me I have visited many, G-net is definitely the best.

The majority of the members here are intelligent, mature and don't act all superior or overly angsty just to look 'cool'.

Yes, we do get the occasional troll over here, but all-in-all I believe the rest of the members on the boards definitely make up for that.

Anyway, enough of my sentimental ramblings. I just needed to get this off my chest. You people are great.
Old 01-10-2008, 10:56 AM   #4837
Solumina

Quote:
You people are great.
Awww I feel so loved *huggles*
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Old 01-10-2008, 06:06 PM   #4838
raggedyanne

Quote:
Ok, not a rant. More a show of appreciation.

I definitely have to say that from all the goth forums I have seen so far, and believe me I have visited many, G-net is definitely the best.

The majority of the members here are intelligent, mature and don't act all superior or overly angsty just to look 'cool'.

Yes, we do get the occasional troll over here, but all-in-all I believe the rest of the members on the boards definitely make up for that.

Anyway, enough of my sentimental ramblings. I just needed to get this off my chest. You people are great.
Hugs and vegan chocolate chip cookies! I can't believe we've been labeled as mature! QUick, somebody go have cybersex in the flirting thread . . . again.
At some point, you need to look yourself in the mirror and realize that what other people did to you does not define you as a person. You and your actions define who you are as a person. It's up to you to be a good person, in spite of all the evil you've faced. In fact, it should be because of the evil you see that it's good you do. Be the change you want in the world. Next time someone tells me that they're an asshole because they've had a bad life, I'm stabbing them in the eye with a spork.
Old 01-10-2008, 06:39 PM   #4839
Mir

I have nothing to rant about except that I can't get my fingers around the diminished 7th chords fast enough. =(
Old 01-10-2008, 06:58 PM   #4840
Stormtrooper of Death

Chords...........what are those?? Only kidding, diminished chords suck, but I never play em, I play 2 maybe 3 different chords and I can play all the Adverts songs!
Old 01-10-2008, 09:26 PM   #4841
DepthsofSpace

So...

I wandered into... Hot Topic, today, for the first time. The music being played was horribly loud, obnoxious and terrible in all around quality.

I ventured to the music section, looking for TSoM's album Floodland, only to come up with nothing. I looked further for other artist, and NOTHING. No Siouxsie, no The Cure, not even Jill Tracy or Emilie Autumn. I asked one of the attendant, and I was informed that they didn't carry any of them, with the exception of EA. Apparently, none of the other stores in town that I visited carry them, nor had most of them knew who I was looking for.

Nothing from the Projekt label was carried at HT, either. They didn't even have Voltaire. >_<
At least the girl behind the counter shared my disappointment.

*shakes fist at iTunes*

Stop holding back all the good artist! Look what you are driving me too!

Goffs think you have to rip off the wings of a butterfly to show your love.

Goths know that love has already broken the wings of a butterfly on a wheel.
Old 01-10-2008, 09:58 PM   #4842
Nevan

If there is ONE THING that pisses me off, like - MAJORLY, then this would sum it up:

DO NOT EVER, and I mean, NOT EVER - turn down the volume and start talking crap while I'm listening to the Sisters of Mercy in my car. ESPECIALLY after I've told you - 'Hey, this is one of my favourite songs' and then proceed to turn the volume up a notch (which is really not so loud that it makes your ears ring)

But still. That is the biggest sin in my book. And I am now in a seriously foul mood.

- Edward Bulwer-Lytton
Old 01-10-2008, 11:06 PM   #4843
Darcnyss

My windows profile has been corrupted, and now I've lost most of my settings! DAMNIT!

Now I'm really pissed off. I can't even run my programming environment at the moment.
Old 01-10-2008, 11:15 PM   #4844
Nevan

Cheer up - gives you an excuse to surf Gnet instead...

- Edward Bulwer-Lytton
Old 01-11-2008, 12:35 AM   #4845
Nevan

Do you ever get days when you wish you could just block out every single sound around you and just have absolute silence?

I feel like I'm going crazy here - the cleaner is in here vacuming with a really noisy machine and my colleagues are talking really loud and somewhere a phone is ringing non-stop and and and...

YIKES.

- Edward Bulwer-Lytton
Old 01-11-2008, 05:05 AM   #4846
Delkaetre

Augh, the vacuum cleaners!
Someone a couple of flats over is vacuuming. I can't hear most of the noise, just the constant medium-high pitches hum coming down through the walls and ceiling.... gah!
Old 01-11-2008, 08:53 AM   #4847
DepthsofSpace

Facebook:

All you need to know:

http://www.commongroundcommonsense.o...hp/t34949.html
http://jdeanicite.typepad.com/i_cite...ok-the-ne.html

There's a video on the web that breaks it down.

Goffs think you have to rip off the wings of a butterfly to show your love.

Goths know that love has already broken the wings of a butterfly on a wheel.
Old 01-11-2008, 07:45 PM   #4848
††BlackRose††

Fucking hell, another plan gone down the drain.

This day was going well, but then it just plummeted. My mother came back from work and told me suddenly that I can't go out with my friends today. Here's the story. I told her that I want a job and I'm going to find one with my friends. She was happy about that and okay-ed it.

Now, I invited a really good friend to tag along, but being a guy my mother would flip, so naturally I didn't tell her that part. I have no clue about what picture she paints in her head about what the world is like and what I will do and not be able to do. In her mind I'm an idiot. I don't even know why!!!

I was really excited about going and she looks at me and says that I can't go, and if I go she wants to stay with me and my friends for a bit, before heading off to a restaurant and waiting. LIKE WTF???? DAMN IT LEAVE ME ALONE FOR A BIT, WILL YOU?

SO naturally I'm pissed. But its my fault. I should have known that she would do this. I shouldn't have been excited. I should have seen this coming, but somehow I thought it wouldn't considering it was involving a possible career as well.

Times like these you have to reflect that life can be a bitch.
Old 01-11-2008, 07:51 PM   #4849
Stormtrooper of Death

Wow, that sucks Black Rose. My mom's like that sometimes too. Life is a bitch, you just gotta fight it back!
Old 01-11-2008, 08:41 PM   #4850
Lapin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevan
If there is ONE THING that pisses me off, like - MAJORLY, then this would sum it up:

DO NOT EVER, and I mean, NOT EVER - turn down the volume and start talking crap while I'm listening to the Sisters of Mercy in my car. ESPECIALLY after I've told you - 'Hey, this is one of my favourite songs' and then proceed to turn the volume up a notch (which is really not so loud that it makes your ears ring)

But still. That is the biggest sin in my book. And I am now in a seriously foul mood.
Who is that rude? I thought it was a well known and accepted rule that you DON'T touch other people's car radios. It's a major cardinal sin among people I drive with. Personally, if it was my car, someone would have had some crippling pain in their hand.
Closed Thread