Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 01-29-2008, 04:12 PM   #1
Breathless Horror

I have an impulse that won't go away

For the last couple of months, I've had this really odd desire to be sealed in a coffin and left there for a day or two. It's a constant urge and it won't go away, and it's kind of bothering me. It's not long enough to starve or die of dehydration, and I can't foresee any physical reason why not to do it.

Does this make me unstable? Hell, does this make me stupid (I'm pretty sure I know the answer to that one, but I'm asking anyway). Can anyone think of a reason why it would be dangerous?

It's not really a whine per se, but it's bothering me a little that I have no idea why the hell I would want to do that.

A prank a day keeps the dog leash away - Jello Biafra

I want your skulls! I NEED your skulls! - Misfits
Breathless Horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 04:13 PM   #2
dark_dragon_of_ice

You want to win a Darwin award?
dark_dragon_of_ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 04:15 PM   #3
Xombie

I would die after the first hour. I'm extremely claustrophic, and if I'm not about to stretch my arms above me/outwards, I'm fucked. Also, I cannot stand to lie down unwillingly. I always feel as though something awful is going to happen to me. It's the fear of feeling helpless.

Hey, whatever floats your boat. Would you like to be buried, also?
Xombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 04:21 PM   #4
Breathless Horror

No, not buried, as I would suffocate. I don't want to die, I just want to be nailed into a coffin for two days. The claustrophobia might be a factor, though mine isn't too severe at all. It's just a wierd desire. Maybe being tied with duct tape and stuck in there, I dunno. The only problem with that is that I'd be afraid my friend would carry out his threat to fill it with centipedes. I think that might drive me insane.

Old 01-29-2008, 04:24 PM   #5
Godslayer Jillian

Maybe it's your suicide drive talking. Mine makes me want to crash at high speeds, but it's not that I want to, I just have the urge to.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 04:28 PM   #6
honeythorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breathless Horror
The only problem with that is that I'd be afraid my friend would carry out his threat to fill it with centipedes.

NO.

I would die if someone did that to me. I am not afraid of any bugs except centipedes. They make me scream like a little girl and run away.
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 04:31 PM   #7
dark_dragon_of_ice

Centipedes are cool.
dark_dragon_of_ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 04:42 PM   #8
Noumi

That´s not really the best idea, that´s why only the dead guys are allowed to do it .
Of course you will starve and die.

ピラール
Noumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 04:45 PM   #9
††BlackRose††

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_dragon_of_ice
You want to win a Darwin award?
LOL, nice.
Old 01-29-2008, 04:48 PM   #10
Breathless Horror

It could be my suicide drive talking, but I want to do it in such a way where I WON'T die. You can't starve or die from dehydration in only two days, and I won't suffocate because I don't want to be buried (though that COULD be interesting). With regards to the centipedes, I think I would be reduced to a gibbering, crying heap of mush in a matter of minutes. If all goes according to plan, I will be alone in my coffin.

Old 01-29-2008, 04:48 PM   #11
Mir

Just 'cause you want/need to do something doesn't necessarily make it a good idea to do so.
Mir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 04:52 PM   #12
Breathless Horror

True, thats kind of why I started this thread, if there's any concrete health risks to being locked in a little box for 2 days, I probably won't do it.

Old 01-29-2008, 04:59 PM   #13
Mir

If you can do without water, food and fresh air for that long, and have a responsible friend on the "outside" who can bail you out if something goes wrong, go ahead and try it. I can't really think of anything other health risks really.
Old 01-29-2008, 05:02 PM   #14
ApothoKeri

If it is a sealed coffin, you would still suffocate. Burial in dirt is not the issue.

But yea, I don't know, for over 18 years now, since I started driving, every time I drive and it is a bit icy (never gets too icy in the TX desert mind you) I have a desire to slam on the breaks as hard as I can and can almost feel slamming into the parked cars at high speed. Have often had the express urge to jump into the next lane and hit a large truck head-on when one is coming toward me in the other lane too. Dunno what it is, I have never wanted to die. But the urge is always there. *shrug*
ApothoKeri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 05:05 PM   #15
Breathless Horror

Yeah, I know the feeling. I get something like that every time I walk across an overpass, I feel the urge to jump off into traffic. It's odd the suicidal urges that people get, even when they have no desire to die.

Old 01-29-2008, 05:06 PM   #16
honeythorn

The fact that you will need to go to the toilet will be a distinct problem. And would certainly be a health issue. The ammonia build up alone would be suffocating in such a small space. Possible burns also from lying in your own piss for 2 days . Unless you were so desperate to do this that you would have a colostomy bag fitted. Which seems very extreme to me.
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 05:07 PM   #17
Breathless Horror

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mir
If you can do without water, food and fresh air for that long, and have a responsible friend on the "outside" who can bail you out if something goes wrong, go ahead and try it. I can't really think of anything other health risks really.
I think I will try it. I've gone for longer than that voluntarily without food, and I know some friends who would be willing to make sure I was okay. I might get a little tired of the BO mind you. I guess a good shower and some anti-perspirent are a must...

Old 01-29-2008, 05:10 PM   #18
Mir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breathless Horror
I think I will try it. I've gone for longer than that voluntarily without food, and I know some friends who would be willing to make sure I was okay. I might get a little tired of the BO mind you. I guess a good shower and some anti-perspirent are a must...
Make sure its ventilated and you have been to the toilet before you get in. You will have to hold it for two days and yes, there are medical issues with holding it in for that long. Probably not life threatening though. I don't think they are anyway.
Old 01-29-2008, 05:18 PM   #19
Breathless Horror

Yeah, I'll make sure it's well ventilated, as I don't think suffocating would be much fun. You must admit, it would be an interesting excercise in willpower, both to control the claustrophobia, and my own body.

Old 01-29-2008, 05:24 PM   #20
Mir

I suppose so. Personally, I'd probably drive myself insane being in there for that long. I have a very weird/over active imagination. Plus, I just don't have that kind of free time on my hands. If I had two days to spare, I'd spend most of it playing guitar.

Then again, I usually do what I like. If I really wanted to do it, I wouldn't even pose this question. I'd just go ahead and do it.
Old 01-29-2008, 05:30 PM   #21
Breathless Horror

Haha, boredom might become an issue, maybe I'll just have someone hook up my ipod to a stereo near me and loop it. Haha, it'd make school a little more interesting, as I have one of those "what did you do with your weekend?" teachers.

Old 01-29-2008, 05:34 PM   #22
Mir

I think that hooking up an Ipod and having any external sources/distractions would probably defeat the entire purpose of you doing it in the first place. But yeah, the look on his/her face when he/she asks you will be priceless. Ha.
Old 01-29-2008, 05:35 PM   #23
Breathless Horror

hmm...good point. I guess I could always try and write a song in me head or something. Maybe carve a poem into the lid with my teeth xD

It might even be worth the forced trip to see the guidance councillors, who knows? At the very least it would make for an amusing conversation, "WHY did you do that?!!" "I dunno, it seemed like a good idea at the time..."

Old 01-29-2008, 05:41 PM   #24
Mir

Here is something you might want to look at.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sensory_deprivation
Old 01-29-2008, 05:47 PM   #25
Breathless Horror

It says that it can be relaxing, but after a certain time it becomes bad. Pity they don't say how long it takes to turn bad, though I'm pretty sure 48 hours is more than enough time for it to get nasty. I think that actually makes me want to do it more, as a test or something. Yes, I'm pretty sure that makes me certifiably stupid, but I think that it could be a really cool experiance. Especially if I can be "mummified" or something. It'd be like experiancing death and embalmment without all the messy buisness of actually dying.