Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 06-27-2007, 03:04 PM   #76
Godslayer Jillian

Annoying member vs. annoying member.
Mindless, finally you can release all your angst towards someone in particular without pretending we're going to gang up against you.
Tha Duckman is definitely not someone who we particularly like (although he at least participates in the forum every now and then rather than throw pity tantrums), so let's see if we're definitely the bullies, or you're just not liked by anyone that comes to contact with your posts.

I cleave to no system. I am a true seeker."
-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Carlin
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Godslayer Jillian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 03:05 PM   #77
Tha Duckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindless1
Are you speaking in terms of this forum or the world in general?
The world in general. If you can't take some one giving you shit, then don't talk to any one. Some one's bound to try and smack you down.
Tha Duckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 03:07 PM   #78
Tha Duckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
Tha Duckman is definitely not someone who we particularly like.

[Cries into hands]. [Throws hissy fit]. [Makes post about how people on this forum are dip shits].

On the up side, you spelled Tha correctly...
Tha Duckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 03:08 PM   #79
mindless1

Quote:
Annoying member vs. annoying member.
Mindless, finally you can release all your angst towards someone in particular without pretending we're going to gang up against you.
Tha Duckman is definitely not someone who we particularly like (although he at least participates in the forum every now and then rather than throw pity tantrums), so let's see if we're definitely the bullies, or you're just not liked by anyone that comes to contact with your posts.

How do we see this? Is there some double-blind procedure?
Old 06-27-2007, 03:09 PM   #80
Godslayer Jillian

Tha Duckman started to respond to you by himself.
He could just as well have been like Extraordinary and just agreed to everything you said, but he didn't.
There must be a reason for this.

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.
Old 06-27-2007, 03:10 PM   #81
Underwater Ophelia

...why is she still posting in this thread?
If you want to stay, stay. If not...leave. Please don't just stay and bitch about how we don't like you. Maybe it's because you won't stop bitching.
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 03:26 PM   #82
mindless1

We don't like you either. Who's bitching? I'm just enjoying myself.
Old 06-27-2007, 03:27 PM   #83
mindless1

Quote:
Tha Duckman started to respond to you by himself.
He could just as well have been like Extraordinary and just agreed to everything you said, but he didn't.
There must be a reason for this.

Unless they are the same person, I can guess why.
Old 06-27-2007, 03:27 PM   #84
mindless1

No, the bitchers have bitched enough. I'm retaliating.
Old 06-27-2007, 03:40 PM   #85
mindless1

I can take people's shit. A break from it would be nice though.
Old 06-27-2007, 04:54 PM   #86
MollyMac

If you could take shit, you would have only 4 posts on this forum.

And I like Tha Duckman.
Old 06-27-2007, 05:02 PM   #87
mindless1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MollyMac
If you could take shit, you would have only 4 posts on this forum.

And I like Tha Duckman.

People could be more accepting. I'd like it if we could get along.
Old 06-27-2007, 05:03 PM   #88
Godslayer Jillian

And you could stop whining. I'd like it if we got along.

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Old 06-27-2007, 05:06 PM   #89
mindless1

Then we should just get along, and stop the conversation about who did what on what post. I made some uninsightful comments but meant nothing extremely degrading or rude to anyone. I'm not some awful prick but I feel like this is the lamest way to get along if I have to agree with a large group who's agreeing with eachother. I mean it's almost begging me to disagree.
Old 06-27-2007, 05:09 PM   #90
Godslayer Jillian

Quote:
I feel like this is the lamest way to get along if I have to agree with a large group who's agreeing with eachother.
Actually the lamest way to get along is the opposite of that:
For one single person to expect a large group of people with already set norms and mores (something that happens in all communities) to change those values and agree with whatever the single person wanted them to agree on.

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Old 06-27-2007, 05:11 PM   #91
MollyMac

There you go, Jilly-bean. All logicy and shit.
Old 06-27-2007, 05:33 PM   #92
Circle V

Quote:
I am a member of this forum. I have been attacked even more, but i can handle it- see? That is the difference, you feel you need to defend someone because they're weak alone. So you all file into your biased groups and that's how you attack. I liken you to a gang of like-minded fools.
I have never attacked you. I have never spoken to or about you. My advice is that, since you believe that we are generally mean-spirited and uninteresting, you should look for a new forum. Whether or not you can handle it has nothing to do with whether or not you enjoy being a member here. You obviously do not, and I don't understand why you don't just leave us behind. You will not be able to get closure, if that's what you want-- I've been around long enough to know that.
Old 06-27-2007, 06:20 PM   #93
mindless1

I do not want to leave. I just wanted to say that I feel like leaving because of the way people have treated me. I wasn't asking for closure either. I just don't get what I can do to make this stop.
Old 06-27-2007, 06:21 PM   #94
mindless1

Quote:
Actually the lamest way to get along is the opposite of that:
For one single person to expect a large group of people with already set norms and mores (something that happens in all communities) to change those values and agree with whatever the single person wanted them to agree on.

You know, you're right. This isn't the forum for me.
Old 06-27-2007, 07:01 PM   #95
Circle V

The only thing that you could change is your perception of us. Regardless of how hard you try, you aren't going to cause a revolution on this site.

Otherwise, just continue posting, don't complain, don't attack unless attacked (I recommend a measured and, above all, brief response to any attack; mention why it's insulting or untrue and leave it at that-- if you are ignored, further complaints would do nothing), and eventually most of the complaints may stop.

If they don't, you will know that there is some innate difference between you and most of the other members that will continue to make your time here unpleasant. If they do-- and, having seen dozens of members go through the same initiation as you have, I am certain they will-- you'll be fine. The only trick is sticking around, showing that you can be a valuable member of the site, and leaving arguments like this one behind for the time being.
Old 06-27-2007, 08:09 PM   #96
DeathChii

I have something to post... but I feel bad posting it... Should I? =\
From trashing this way and that
Its white tusks
Through human beings
Like crackling stalks
And to nothing less
I offer this suffering of my father
"The Offering" - Stan Rice
DeathChii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 08:13 PM   #97
Godslayer Jillian

Yes.
Whether I'm talking about posting it or feeling bad, I'm not telling.
So I answered but left you with the same amount of doubt as before.

-Mikhail Bakunin

Quote:
Old 06-27-2007, 08:14 PM   #98
Sobeh

either you're an idealist, or a hedonist. either way no one can blame your choice. do whatever you want.
The phrase "we (I) (you) simply must---" designates something that need not be done. "That goes without saying" is a red warning. "Of course" means you had best check it yourself. These small-change cliches and others like them, when read correctly, are reliable channel markers.
Sobeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 08:14 PM   #99
MollyMac

Hey, go for it. I shall support you in your naughty, naughty wickedness.

;P

The only reason you should feel bad about a post is if you do not mean it or if it is somehow dishonest. Otherwise, have at it, cutie!
Old 06-27-2007, 08:26 PM   #100
DeathChii

I am SO sorry for what I am about to say... This comment you made has made me very very very angry.
I even made a whole post just going over this thread to prove my point. Although, I feel bad posting it.. So I won't. =\ I feel bad for this too... but goddamit I was nice to you when you came, now that I got to know you, I see you so diferently. I wanted to stand up for you. But you are so FULL of yourself and that is the only type of person I dislike: Someone who thinks they are better than everyone else.

Quote:
I think there is something else, some reason people have been so rude towards me. I don't know really what it is, but obviously I seem to not be with the right crew...but to me this is funny because i never thought of goths as closeminded conformists. I am still unsure of what I am supposed to be saying that would be received respectably.
You've been just as rude to them, don't put yourself on that golden pedestal you have shoved up your ass. 6 people on this site have been rude to you, and now ALL goths are closeminded conformists!? WTF. SO you can make all your fucking generalizations but we can't? A lot of people on this site don't even CONSIDER themselves goth. NO one here has been as closeminded as YOU. Are you BLIND? Did you not see how CLOSEMINDED, GENERALIZED, and HYPOCRTICAL what you just said was!? You know, if you said that exact same paragraph, with out that stupid comment: "I think there is something else, some reason people have been so rude towards me. I don't know really what it is, but obviously I seem to not be with the right crew. I am still unsure of what I am supposed to be saying that would be received respectably." I would have fucking respected you. Oh, but I DID respect you, but you never seemed to give a shit what I said, everytime I tried to help. =]

Quote:
Originally Posted by midless1
Or are people on here like this, having fun with it- I mean how much work to put into cruel sarcastic harassment and ill advice with references to my posts...why is it that
people will say that I'm the attention whore, when all they want to do is stream these replies on my threads with personal insults regarding my persona.
You wrote the fucking thread so people would post in it.
Yes, yes you did. You wouldn't of written the thread if you weren't looking for people to POST in it. If you didn't want people to READ it, you wouldn't have posted it. YOU ARE IN DENIAL. If you wrote this POST you wanted ATTENTION. When I write a post [that concerns myself] I am LOOKING for attention. HUMANS LIKE ATTENTION!!

Quote:
If you don't enjoy the posts I make, then you're just someone who doesn't like a certain thread- Im not making tons and tons of posts. I'm just trying to contribute to the forum as I thought people on here might have wanted. I just wanted to be a contributing member of a forum that was accepting.
This is not one of those forums. Why? Because people on here just want those who are original to shut up and fall behind.
There you go again. You say something calm, well said, and respectable, and then you go ruin it with some DUMB ASS HYPOCRITICAL COMMENT.
Well, that's your problem.

Sorry ^^;; didn't mean to get angry, I'm usually a very nice person who keeps these types of comments to herself... but it's the internet... so I... just did.... gaaaah xD;
From trashing this way and that
Its white tusks
Through human beings
Like crackling stalks
And to nothing less
I offer this suffering of my father
"The Offering" - Stan Rice
DeathChii is offline   Reply With Quote