Gothic.net News Horror Gothic Lifestyle Fiction Movies Books and Literature Dark TV VIP Horror Professionals Professional Writing Tips Links Gothic Forum

Go Back   Gothic.net Community > Boards > Whining
Register Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Whining This forum is for general whining. Please post all suicide threats, complaints about significant others, and statements about how unfair school is to this board.

Old 03-21-2007, 01:58 PM   #1
Underwater Ophelia

My Sister.

...is doing crystal meth.

Seriously, what the fuck?
Underwater Ophelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 02:46 PM   #2
badteccy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia
...is doing crystal meth.

Seriously, what the fuck?
Oh man, that's pretty terrible...I'm very sorry!
badteccy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 02:51 PM   #3
Vyvian Blackthorne

Bedteccy! You're back! O, thank goth.
Old 03-21-2007, 02:58 PM   #4
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by badteccy
Oh man, that's pretty terrible...I'm very sorry!
Yeah. And she's got a three year old kid. She's gonna ruin his life like her mother ruined hers. I miss you, Kerri.
Old 03-21-2007, 03:05 PM   #5
Vyvian Blackthorne

Oh my. A three year old? I don't know what to say. I'm terribly sorry.
Old 03-21-2007, 04:59 PM   #6
Delicate_Torture

My sister was a junkie, but she finally cleaned up after falling in love with someone who is zero tolerance on any sort of drug use. I sincerely hope that your sister finds what she needs to get her life together as well.

Even though it was heroin for my sister and not meth, something has struck me as an amusing coincidence now that you have shared about your sister... the woman my sister fell in love with who ended up getting her clean is named Crystal.

Perhaps the universe is telling you not to lose hope?
Old 03-21-2007, 05:47 PM   #7
Underwater Ophelia

I hope so, and thanks.
Old 03-21-2007, 09:12 PM   #8
wishcat

Oh I'm sorry to hear that, I don't really know what to say. I hope she can change her ways for her own good and especially for her kid and those around her that love her.
Old 03-21-2007, 09:32 PM   #9
MollyMac

Fuck. I lost my brother two years back to his meth addiction and a gunshot. If I had any way of shaking the shit out of her, I would. Meth is something that I would wish on no one, and no good will come from it.

If you love her, report her to the cops and make her wake the fuck up and get clean. I'd rather see someone in jail than on meth. It is hard, but meth is no joke. If I would have done the same, I'd still have Steve.
Old 03-21-2007, 09:39 PM   #10
james"bloody tears"

i know how you feel ive been there

love me or hate me i wont change

the eyes are the windows to the soul, are you afraid of what you see?
james"bloody tears" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 10:42 PM   #11
PersephoneX

Its scary how many people are using it here. Its easier to get hold of than painkillers. *shudders*
I cut myself to sleep
I close my eyes for a second
And curse my fragile soul
I scream to hide that I'm lonely
The echo calls my name

*ANIMAL CRACKERS*

http://www.myspace.com/persephone_x
PersephoneX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 01:01 AM   #12
emeraldlonewoulf

It has become damn near pandemic. I am sorry for what is happening, but I think MollyMac is right, as much as she may hate you for it, try to get her to do the rehab thing or call the cops, because the longer she does this the more she endangers your nephew in addition to herself. She isn't thinking straight, but you know that. My prayers (please take no offense) and hope go out to you, I hope she chooses to better her life soon, before more damage is done.

question:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormtrooper of Death
(shouts) WHY CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG??!!?
answer:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beneath the Shadows
Because some people are dicks. And not everyone else is gay.
emeraldlonewoulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 01:07 PM   #13
Underwater Ophelia

Quote:
Originally Posted by MollyMac
Fuck. I lost my brother two years back to his meth addiction and a gunshot. If I had any way of shaking the shit out of her, I would. Meth is something that I would wish on no one, and no good will come from it.

If you love her, report her to the cops and make her wake the fuck up and get clean. I'd rather see someone in jail than on meth. It is hard, but meth is no joke. If I would have done the same, I'd still have Steve.
See, I would love to do that, but the way she is, I honestly don't think it'd help. She's my half sister; we have the same father, and her mother was a heroin addict and actually died from it. Falon (my sister) suffered years of abuse and she's just...so messed up. She's been through this so many times, and she's "gotten clean" so many times and she just goes back every time.
Also, she lives in California, and I'm in Pennsylvania, so there isn't a lot I can do to help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emeraldlonewoulf
It has become damn near pandemic. I am sorry for what is happening, but I think MollyMac is right, as much as she may hate you for it, try to get her to do the rehab thing or call the cops, because the longer she does this the more she endangers your nephew in addition to herself. She isn't thinking straight, but you know that. My prayers (please take no offense) and hope go out to you, I hope she chooses to better her life soon, before more damage is done.
I hope so, too, and I take no offense to your offering prayers. Thanks.
Old 03-22-2007, 07:31 PM   #14
Haunted House

All I can really say is I'm sorry, Sarah. You know my number so if you need someone to talk to and theres no one else, don't hesitate to call. That goes for any situation, really.
Old 03-22-2007, 08:03 PM   #15
MollyMac

Fuck. I really feel for you, Ophelia. I am sure that things could be worse in this situation, but nothing really comes to mind. At least she isn't on fire.

Have you considered calling social services for her state in regards to the child? At least that would remove the baby from the situation and maybe stop a cycle of self destructive stupidity.

Sometimes foster care, even the state, is better than what the kid has (not judging your sister or anything, not certain of the dynamic between her and her child). But, regardless, no kid needs an addict to come home to.

I wish to any gods that using and abusing drugs were indeed the victimless crimes th eusers state they are.
Old 03-22-2007, 08:35 PM   #16
Kraven de Sade

Meth is a hell of a drug. I used to do goofballs. That's a mix of heroin and meth, for those of you that don't know. I was hooked on them pretty damn hard. Fortunately, I had the willpower to stop. (Marijuana helped a lot...) Of course, I had a good reason to stop.

In any case, I know first hand what addicted can do to a person. Hell, I'm still struggling with my drinking habits. But as it is right now, it's a hell of a lot better than meth.

Ophelia, I feel for your sister. It's a terrible thing. And I feel for you two, having to watch a loved one go through that shit.
Kraven de Sade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 12:56 PM   #17
Underwater Ophelia

Thanks everyone. Next time she calls I think I'm gonna try to have a serious conversation with her, and see what she thinks.
Old 03-23-2007, 03:52 PM   #18
MollyMac

Best of any and all possible luck with that, Ophelia. The knife of the matter is tha tno matter what happens- it will be hard and it will be painful for all involved. My heart breaks for her kid mostly.

One note of advice, check her area for clinics, programs, 12 steps etc... don't be confrontational (while you are confronting her, yeah, I know how it sounds... )- offer ideas to improve her situation, don't tell her what to do or that she is wrong. Explain the peripheral consequences that she may not see to her actions, and let her connect the dots that she is the main root.

Fuck. Just fuck.
Old 03-25-2007, 07:58 AM   #19
badteccy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underwater Ophelia
Thanks everyone. Next time she calls I think I'm gonna try to have a serious conversation with her, and see what she thinks.
That is a good idea, though don't get your hopes up. When people are so addicted to something they just won't listen to anyone. Man, I really hope things work out for her and especially her child. This is just too sad.
badteccy is offline   Reply With Quote